Quantcast

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

x_shirley

Slim Samsung Yp-p2

Guest ap602

i have a problem with mine freezing everytime i go into the artist category

is there anyway to fix that or no

Guest c a t h e r s

so i just really wanted this all of a sudden and i bought it just right now O_O

what an impulse buy aghwiofgwbfawkhw

but i've been eyeing it for a while :P

how much is the 4gb usually...?

i can't wait to receive it!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D

Guest RE.

^ i think i saw a couple weeks ago that the 4gb went down to $100 at frys? i could be wrong

Guest lordbordem

P2's and accessories are way to hard to find in Sydney, i must have gone to atleast 7 different stores before finding the last one at Auburn DSE. -_-

If you want to definately get one, i suggest the DSE warehouse in Chullora near Lidcombe. They are the main warehouse for the area and also have a storefront, except they don't seem to have accessories <_<

Guest -dhi-

Uh,, i'm so afraid that it has been asked before.

But, when I tried to transfer the video to my P2, the video in the p2 doesn't work fine. Instead, it's showing like a green video on the screen? Do I need to install additional codec or what? please help me!

Thank you

Guest c a t h e r s

oops. ignore this post. look down =)

Guest c a t h e r s

hi ya'll,

question again......

how come i can't add ANY videos? i tried to copy my .rmvb files but it wouldn't work (it'll ask to convert it on the Samsung Media Studio...) and then there's a bar at 0% so it looks like it's going to start but then after ~30 secs, it just doesn't do anything and that box disappears. I just converted my video files to .wmv because there are ones already on there with .wmv but it won't work either -________-

what do i do?!?!

Guest shadow131

hi ya'll,

question again......

how come i can't add ANY videos? i tried to copy my .rmvb files but it wouldn't work (it'll ask to convert it on the Samsung Media Studio...) and then there's a bar at 0% so it looks like it's going to start but then after ~30 secs, it just doesn't do anything and that box disappears. I just converted my video files to .wmv because there are ones already on there with .wmv but it won't work either -________-

what do i do?!?!

try clearing everything on p2 then install the firmwares again.

Guest c a t h e r s

^ i finally figured out everything =] the video file is tooo picky -_- just had to convert everything to .svi. poooo. but yay. i love p2!!!

Guest -HyuNi-

I'm SO tempted to get this player.

It's definatly in the price range for my budget, I heard about and saw the great audio and video performance, and it looks sleek and easy to use.

I would use the player mostly when I'm working out, on the train, or to pass the time.

I'm usually busy most of the day, so I'm debating whether this is a good investment.

btw, I already have a sandisk sansa, but I haven't used it for over a year. I started to lament about the functionality and the inability to read korean characters.

I saw online for the red wine 4GB model, Fry's is selling it for $80, yet that's for the southern cali region only... BoO~

If I wanted to get it, the cheapest place for me would be newegg which is selling for $114 + $6.99 S&H.

I would DEFINATELY get it for $80, but I don't know about $121...

Anybody care to convince me to get it? :lol:

What's a big advantage of owning this mp3 player?

Guest heartdrops

I'm sorry if this has been asked before but can this player read foreign characters like Chinese and Korean?

Thanks!

Guest lizelle

i just go my samsung yp p2 today

and i was wondering if p2's work with apple macbooks?

Guest lizelle

opps ignore.

look at the comment above

Guest missie_ko_ko

OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have a major BIG problem.

My f-ing P2 is being a little b*otch. I honestly don't kow what to do

except wanting to smash it and cry in misery.

You know where you plug in your headphones right?

I bet yours work well.

Here's my freakin problem.

My freakin mp3 will not hold any headphones at all.

And I mean any headphones.

When I plug on the headphones to it, it's so damn loose that

when I lightly pull on the wire it automatically comes off and that is not suppose

to happen. When I first bought it oh it was good and fine.

but it wasn't long ago till the wire became loose that I had to readjust whenever it's in my pocket.

I basically can't listen to music at this moment. And trust me, I've tried with

5 different headphones.

The mp3 is working perfectly except for the st*pid head phone hole richard simmons thingy...

I seriously need major help.

Guest NASRI22

OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have a major BIG problem.

My f-ing P2 is being a little b*otch. I honestly don't kow what to do

except wanting to smash it and cry in misery.

You know where you plug in your headphones right?

I bet yours work well.

Here's my freakin problem.

My freakin mp3 will not hold any headphones at all.

And I mean any headphones.

When I plug on the headphones to it, it's so damn loose that

when I lightly pull on the wire it automatically comes off and that is not suppose

to happen. When I first bought it oh it was good and fine.

but it wasn't long ago till the wire became loose that I had to readjust whenever it's in my pocket.

I basically can't listen to music at this moment. And trust me, I've tried with

5 different headphones.

The mp3 is working perfectly except for the st*pid head phone hole richard simmons thingy...

I seriously need major help.

this is a MAJOR problem with the p2. the audio jack is very loose on every single one. i suggest you send it back for warranty to get it fixed. it should still be covered as it only came out about a year ago. plus you should have the 3 year warranty extension if you registered your product on samsung.com. theres no way you can fix this i'm afraid.

well depends on what region it is. if your p2 has the korean firmware then you flash it to use it as a UMS drag and drop player. which will probably work on a mac (ask a mac user, but iirc fat32 is recognizable on mac). However, every other region like US, FR, WA, BB, you will have to flash it to KR UMS firmware for it to work on a mac. any more q's feel free to ask me as i've flashed mine to UMS KR firmware.

I'm SO tempted to get this player.

It's definatly in the price range for my budget, I heard about and saw the great audio and video performance, and it looks sleek and easy to use.

I would use the player mostly when I'm working out, on the train, or to pass the time.

I'm usually busy most of the day, so I'm debating whether this is a good investment.

btw, I already have a sandisk sansa, but I haven't used it for over a year. I started to lament about the functionality and the inability to read korean characters.

I saw online for the red wine 4GB model, Fry's is selling it for $80, yet that's for the southern cali region only... BoO~

If I wanted to get it, the cheapest place for me would be newegg which is selling for $114 + $6.99 S&H.

I would DEFINATELY get it for $80, but I don't know about $121...

Anybody care to convince me to get it? :lol:

What's a big advantage of owning this mp3 player?

the best advantage.. well it has many features but im not sure if you'd use them. such as subway maps, dictionary, calculator, calender, phone book, bluetooth pairing with your mobile phone so you can receive and make calls, 3" widescreen touch, more colours than the touch, can be flashed to UMS drag and drop instead of using MTP programs.

I'm sorry if this has been asked before but can this player read foreign characters like Chinese and Korean?

Thanks!

yes it can read KR and CH characters. i'm using it now with japanese/kor and ch songs with no problems on different regions.

Uh,, i'm so afraid that it has been asked before.

But, when I tried to transfer the video to my P2, the video in the p2 doesn't work fine. Instead, it's showing like a green video on the screen? Do I need to install additional codec or what? please help me!

Thank you

codecs might have stuffed up your video conversion. what program are you using? you should try using AllToAVI (google it). i found this was the best program to use, along with the XP Codec pack. set it to xVid 700kbps and 128kbps audio.

Guest Goombi

Like tomacko said, if it has KR firmware, you can drag and drop the files you want directly into your player from your desktop when plugged in.

I'm wondering if you've found a good way to delete the files from your p2 without having to reformat each time, since the player still reads it as used up space :(.

Guest bubblexpffe

I'm wondering if you've found a good way to delete the files from your p2 without having to reformat each time, since the player still reads it as used up space :(.

Haha, I used to have that problem. =3

Uhh... turn on your P2 and go to File Browser. Go into the Trash folder and you should be able to delete the files ~ There's a trash can button on the bottom right. =)

Guest missie_ko_ko

this is a MAJOR problem with the p2. the audio jack is very loose on every single one. i suggest you send it back for warranty to get it fixed. it should still be covered as it only came out about a year ago. plus you should have the 3 year warranty extension if you registered your product on samsung.com. theres no way you can fix this i'm afraid.

the audio jack does s.ck a.s....

i don't have warranty on it though. i know that was dumb of me to not do...

what if i ddn't bought it from somewhere else? could i send it in....