Quantcast

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest HKS457

The HK Music Thread!!

Guest lilogurl

My friend knows Janice and Jill personally. They used work over at The Lounge in hk. Cool gals with ambitions.

When Joey Yung first came out, she's also nothing to be WOWed about. Look at where she's at right now. I still think she ain't that great.

So chillax! Give the newbie singers a chance. It's truly a breath of fresh air for canto pop. Better to be grateful to have talents like Justin and Janice around.

BTW, Janice is only on par with herself. Gotta do what the producers say. Can't "show off"...yet! This girl to be look out for. Jill too. And no, she's not slutty. If that's what you call slutty, I don't know what you call Hyori. Girl is on fire!! :P

Guest boa_fan929

When Joey Yung first came out, she's also nothing to be WOWed about. Look at where she's at right now. I still think she ain't that great.

i think the 'wow' was that she sang the canto version 'crush' and probably cos her teacher was roman and cecilia cheung debuted that yr too so there was 'rivalry' for the newcomer awards.

Okay I understand why Justin wowed people...but Janice? She has nice catchy songs but her singing talent doesnt stand out at all. When I went to HK in dec..she was EVERYWHERE!!!! LITERALLY!!!

i actually find her songs quite boring (along with justin's)

Guest ally.

Justin's songs are boring cause it's so fricking slow. It makes me sleep.

Guest froot loops

Justin and Janice are overpromoted because you know the popularity with the both of them now. They just riding the wave of his popularity. He's a 'good' singer. He's got potential to develop into a better singer. I wish he would take off that hat of his. I would rather listen to him in concert than twins. Didn't twins have a concert after the first year they debuted? I was reading this article earlier in the newspaper about Janice is the cheapest singer to higher for commercial...only 100 000. Isabella even charges more than her 600 000. Maybe that's why you see Janice all over HK.

Guest ally.

Um, probably the reason Justin doesn't take his hat off is cause he's bald, and unattractive.

& since there are some people out there who are his 'fans' cause he looks okay with the hat, rather than without the hat.

If Justin really took off his hat, I don't think he'd have anyone listenin' to his songs, rather yet, know him at all. O_o

Since people are really biased these days, we wouldn't really know him, or hear of him.

Guest Justalilodreamer

^ hahah i remember the host was like "why dont you show us how you look with your hat off?" :lol:

Guest ichigo_no_powder

I was reading this article earlier in the newspaper about Janice is the cheapest singer to higher for commercial...only 100 000. Isabella even charges more than her 600 000. Maybe that's why you see Janice all over HK.

that's just SAD! Janice is sooooooooo much better than Isabella. Isabella is so slutty and can't sing at all. oh well this is good for Janice! free promotion and she's already more popular than Isabella anyways

Guest WingL

Justin and Janice are overpromoted because you know the popularity with the both of them now. They just riding the wave of his popularity. He's a 'good' singer. He's got potential to develop into a better singer. I wish he would take off that hat of his. I would rather listen to him in concert than twins. Didn't twins have a concert after the first year they debuted? I was reading this article earlier in the newspaper about Janice is the cheapest singer to higher for commercial...only 100 000. Isabella even charges more than her 600 000. Maybe that's why you see Janice all over HK.

i actually like isabella better.

but then i am a digger for EEG. i dont know why.

its like, eeg designed everything around me, and has its target on me (and my wallet...) 24/7. its scary.

anyways.

well. of course isabella costs more than janice. shes higher maintaince.

plus. gotta give mr.yeung a big chunk, huh.... 600 000... in the end might not be that much... XDDDD

Guest boa_fan929

^with the debts that she has to pay back to the company, shes lucky if she gets 10k out of 600k.

altho, neither janice or isabella impress me THAT much. id take janice anyday.

Guest ally.

lol, You can't really put your hopes up on a singer(s), cause they usually will disappoint you.

I've had high hopes on both Janice & Justin, & sadly, they both disappoint me. If only Janice would have a better singing technique, & Justin, singing better songs, unlike his newest plug, "A Song Per Day," or any other really dramatically slow songs.

If only ... but we all know it won't come true. :rolleyes:

Guest vannushka

^ tell me about it. I did like Janice and Justin but something about them both put me off.

someone was telling me that janice will be in the run for the best female award this year...against hocc and joey?? ummmm

Guest ally.

LOL. I found that hilarious.

But, yeah, that will most likely be true; cause of the over-rated-ness of Janice these days. She's just a tad bit better than uh, the other singers. & I think Fiona was nominated as best singers or something for a past award last year? Or was it some other girl?

I forgot. :b

I'm digging 李彩桦 - 你唔爱我啦. :)

But, I don't like much of her new songs though.

Guest froot loops

^That would be 903 metro awards.

Rain lee is ok i guess....she's got the face right....lol...

Guest boa_fan929

^That would be 903 metro awards.

Rain lee is ok i guess....she's got the face right....lol...

903 and metro are two different radio stations. it was just the 903 awards. she was nominated for "my favourite female" along with janice.

janice mite be a contender, but i doubt that she will actually win. imo, her songs arnt even "top ten" material.

Guest vannushka

^dw 903 have a habit for giving out wacko awards for top 10 song..janice might have a chance..I STILL CANT GET OVER THEM GIVING JUNO AN AWARD FOR HIS HORRIBLE SONG

what do you guys think of hocc? i think shes great...underrated..i am glad she was recognised at the awards last year

that's like saying justin will be up against eason, hacken and leo...man sucks if that happens when justin is supported by leo...and a year and a half later justin is up against leo..i wonder how leo would feel LOL

Guest kobashi

Janice has a nice voice. Justin's songs are so slow and boring! What happened to Eugene Yip? Is he still coming out with songs?

Guest kkkkk

i think both janice and justin are overrated. BUT, they are miles better than some other singers in the industry. (you know who the crappy ones are!)

and regarding justin holding a concert in such a short time, i'll just say that the gold label guy.. paco has very high and ridiculous expectations for him. besides musical talents, good vocals, you need showmanship. justin doesnt have alot of that from what i've seen.

but we shall see.

Guest *.:StarryEyeSurprise:.*

lol, You can't really put your hopes up on a singer(s), cause they usually will disappoint you.

I've had high hopes on both Janice & Justin, & sadly, they both disappoint me. If only Janice would have a better singing technique, & Justin, singing better songs, unlike his newest plug, "A Song Per Day," or any other really dramatically slow songs.

If only ... but we all know it won't come true. :rolleyes:

I find it ironic that you're the one to say

You like edison (I would assume) yet you found janice and justin disappointing? :rolleyes: They're more talented that edison will ever dream to be

somebody is biased :rolleyes::phew:

Oh wait, it must be edison's looks that made you a fan -_-

Guest vannushka

^ i gave her that benefit of doubt...

BUT there are people out there who truly think edison is a good singer..i am not joking..i've met a few of those people myself

Guest ichigo_no_powder

^ well everyone has different taste and expectations. It's like I still can't understand why people think Boa sings well although I think that...saying Edison sings well is beyond my imagination. but then again we're all entitled to our own opinions. Edison doesn't even sing anymore, does he? all he ever does is 'rap'