Quantcast

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest HKS457

The HK Music Thread!!

Guest paranoid

ain't much of a fan of hkpop. but if you had to ask i would definately say that the golden oldies were the best. back in the jackie cheung days... people with talent...

singers now are over rated, and get into the industry via connections. but you do have some few raw talents out there...

and joey... can she stick to her own music, doing covers aint the best for her, ruined the song its raining by rain... eee

Guest __CHINA.DOLL

Did you guys listen to " We Are The World" - Catonese Version.. it was sung by a lot of HK singers, almost all and i thought it was so emotional, and a Inspirational song.. i thought it was actually the best version, it was better than the Manderin or English version in my opinion, this version had more emotions.. it was really great <33 it was from Last year i think

Guest boa_fan929

and joey... can she stick to her own music, doing covers aint the best for her, ruined the song its raining by rain... eee

LOL. i remeber the 1st time i was watching that perf. i was laughing hysterically, i thought i was gonna die laughing!

Guest HKS457

^ lol, doesn't that go for all award shows, not only HK? the most popular, mainstream artists win all the awards. it doesn't matter whether they really have talent or not.

as far as I know, no she's not. She was born in HK though. her mum is korean and her dad is filipino

shes part chinese, read it in magazines

Guest meow1203

I remembered couple years ago ICAC in HK actually did investigate about the "bribery" about all these award shows, but I think they couldn't really dig out any dirt so the case is dropped. If you watched the TVB award shows back in the 1980s you see Leslie Cheung got like 4-5 awards, and nowadays every singer will receive one anyways. They just make up as much names as possible for awards and split them up.

definitely adore Justin & Janice =)

and Sammi cheng (she sings less nowadays though)

also Fiona & Endy,Eason & Leo...

as for SONGS i love Twins & Joey's except Twins can't sing live, and i HATE Joey yung. hmmm

Guest paranoid

LOL. i remeber the 1st time i was watching that perf. i was laughing hysterically, i thought i was gonna die laughing!

i couldnt bare to watch it. it was that bad! especially the go joey its joey.. aiya that was HORRIBLE. i wonder what rain thought of it hehe.

Guest Millou

what's the type of music does Ping Pung sing? and please be more specific than c-pop

Guest ally.

^ kinda like rock-ish?

I don't like Fiona's songs. She does mainly ballads, which I hate.

Guest heartdrops

^ yea, she's probably gonna go something new on her next album?

as far as i know, her ME album was so boring.

Guest *.:StarryEyeSurprise:.*

twins and edison -__-

nuff said.

Guest Alice

^ OMFG like you like listen to Twins and like Edison now?!!!!!!!

=.=

Guest HKS457

not to clown on edison, all that hippop stuff just dont sound right...in cantonese at least

Edison isn't such a great singer but I really do love some of his songs! esp Blue Skies ft. Stephy, Hong Kong Place ft. Hanjin & MC Yan and War

his duets are the best! hehee

Guest dadedum

i think leo ku (古巨基) is better then eason. also i think most female artist jsut arnt as good as faye or sammi back in the days

I prefer the Leo from the middle to late 90s (愛的假釋, 歡樂今宵, 其實我...我...我..., 愛與夢飛行). There was something genuine about his music back then. Nowadays his songs sound like they're churned out from sweatshops, long gone the uniqueness and in come the k(araoke)-ness, at least imo.

No one mentioned Anthony Wong? I thought he's great. As for newcomers, I like Khalil Fong, he's considered to be from Hongkong although his entire debut album's in mandarin.

Guest doriyaki

Ha ha... for some reason when I first saw this thread I thought it said "The HK Music Thread! - Listeners giving up".

Which is not very far from the truth judging from the countless laments I've heard about the old days are much better. I personally think that since we can't simply turn back the clock and relive the good old days, least we can do is support the artists still worth supporting.

Dadedum - finally someone who thinks that Leo's older tracks are much better. I am still a Leo fan but I adore his old material more. His music was much more interesting then, and like you said, sounded more genuine"

Anthony Wong is great too... And I like Shirley Kwan though I think she is considered "old" among the younger generation.

A lot of promising new talents surfaced last year, but I hope it's not just a phase.

Guest kkkkk

I prefer the Leo from the middle to late 90s (愛的假釋, 歡樂今宵, 其實我...我...我..., 愛與夢飛行). There was something genuine about his music back then. Nowadays his songs sound like they're churned out from sweatshops, long gone the uniqueness and in come the k(araoke)-ness, at least imo.

No one mentioned Anthony Wong? I thought he's great. As for newcomers, I like Khalil Fong, he's considered to be from Hongkong although his entire debut album's in mandarin.

finally someone who agrees with me that the new leo is so karaoke-ish.

and yes anthony wong: he has a new track called venus. do check that out.

and yes to khalil fong too, a good ol' soul boy.

Guest boa_fan929

^ OMFG like you like listen to Twins and like Edison now?!!!!!!!

=.=

LOL!

i feel sorry for ppl who still listens to edison. edison is so OUT now. i just hope he just goes bak to Vancouver or wherever he came from n not c him in the hk entertainment circle ever again. someone mentioned 'Blue Skies'. i just go :crazy: whenever i hear Stephy's voice in that song.

as for twins, their songs have gotten worse and worse ever since 'evolution' but especially since 'Such a Better Day'. i dont no how bad their new songs can get now ever since 'Samba!' came out.

back when i was 7, i used to listen to sammi's songs.. love it

i like old songs.. like beyond's old songs and sam hui's songs.. he has one call genius and the idiot or something close to that..Although I do listen to modern artists, I must admit most of them can't sing well. Most are just idolized by looks.

Janice she's new but with a lot of talent. When she sings she sounds like she's congested or something. Or maybe it's because her Chinese isn't as good as some artist.

Yeah, she's talented.. strong voice and stuff but when I listened to her sing at that annual charity show..I could tell she had an accent =/...sounded like she had a stuffy nose.

Sometimes I wonder why Cecelia's cantonese sounds so.. weird. My mom said no, it doesn't sound weird -_-.

Guest ally.

I don't think Edison's out. I just think he sucks at singing.

There's plenty of girls obsessing over him, especially his looks. :rolleyes: