Quantcast

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest HKS457

The HK Music Thread!!

^Agree, and every year you can hear Twins horrible live performance on the award show.

Anyways, I wonder if you guys heard about Charles Ying? He and Janice belong to the same music company but he comes out after Janice. He just released his album like last month(?) and I kinda like his songs and voice too.

I started out listening to joey but after her My Pride album the rest weren't as good as before. She has some good songs in her new stuff but not as good as my pride.

Miriam is boring.....her songs are boring...it's always the same...there's no big change in her singing.

Janice she's new but with a lot of talent. When she sings she sounds like she's congested or something. Or maybe it's because her Chinese isn't as good as some artist.

Justin has a nice voice but ya his songs are boring

Haha, yeah, I like a few of Charles's songs. His album cover looked goofy, lol.

Every year, it's always the same people nominated with the same awards. There is hardly any change in them.

Miriam is not boring. I haven't quite listened to her latest or most recent album, but some of her songs are worth listening to. But, I like her better than Joey though.

Guest HK Tequila

I'm quickly coming to the conlusion that all these music award shows in places like Hong Kong, South Korea and Japan are even more worth worthless than the awards in the U.S.

Guest boa_fan929

^well for hk, i would just say metro has the least worth. at least with 903/TVB/RTHK theres some worth....

miriam is ok, i didnt really like 'single' tho. 'electric girl' was way better. n i dont like her 2 new plugs...

I think Eason Chan's the best male singer these days, he's quite a versatile performer. As for female, I like Miriam, and the new ones like Ivana and Kay aren't bad, but they aren't Faye Wong.

Surprised that no one mentioned Denise Ho for female singer. i really like her ballads especially the ones with lyrics written by Wyman Wong. like ivana too, although i think she's better as a composer than a singer.

Janice's "My Love My Fate" is adapted from WAX's 사랑하고 싶어 right? -_- I recognise the tune from "At the Dolphin Bay" OST. They should state it more clearly. The composer is said to be June, but people might think June is Chinese. 0_0

Guest HKS457

I think Eason Chan's the best male singer these days, he's quite a versatile performer. As for female, I like Miriam, and the new ones like Ivana and Kay aren't bad, but they aren't Faye Wong.

i think leo ku (古巨基) is better then eason. also i think most female artist jsut arnt as good as faye or sammi back in the days

^ I have no idea. But, I do know that Janice did a lot of covers on Leon, since she simply adores him.

no, maybe she does but she's under Leon's company so i don't think she has much of a choice. I like Ivana's voice a lot but all her songs (to me) are so boring! They all sound so similar...nothing stands out

no, maybe she does but she's under Leon's company so i don't think she has much of a choice. I like Ivana's voice a lot but all her songs (to me) are so boring! They all sound so similar...nothing stands out

Well, I think she requested to do the english covers of some of Leon's songs in the first album, not just because she was under Leon's company.

Plus, I'm pretty sure she's a big fan of Leon.

As for Leo, in my opinion, I see nothing in him. I prefer Eason much better. He's changed.

Well, I think she requested to do the english covers of some of Leon's songs in the first album, not just because she was under Leon's company.

Plus, I'm pretty sure she's a big fan of Leon.

As for Leo, in my opinion, I see nothing in him. I prefer Eason much better. He's changed.

I like Charles Ying and yea his cover is weird.. lol. At least he knows English (;

Not sure if she is a really big fan of Leon but she prolly has to say that she is since she's like 'taken' care of by Leon.

eh... charles ying is all right i guess.

janice is a great singer... but i got a question.

i know janice is part korean, phillipino, and chinese. but wikipedia says shes only korean and phillipino. is she part chinese too?

leo ku... man his songs are really catchy,

old school cantopop is great btw. i like erm... andy lau and jacky cheung.

andy lau, jacky cheung, sammi cheng, gigi leung, some kelly chen

not a big fan of faye wongs songs, but they're alright.

Out of those i think sammi(oh man she was bomb diggity back then) and jacky cheung were my favourites.

Guest boa_fan929

Every year, it's always the same people nominated with the same awards. There is hardly any change in them.

well yeah. who else would they give the important awards to?

as for Leo, i didnt like his 'Star Track' at all. none of the songs really stood out to me. U87 was so much better, and thats wut drew me to eason more, at the same time furthur away from leo. im glad, eason won the grand media award, just wish he had won TVB male singer tho (stupid TVB). anyways, leo's 'dai hong' or 'games' is so much better than 'star track'...

well yeah. who else would they give the important awards to?

as for Leo, i didnt like his 'Star Track' at all. none of the songs really stood out to me. U87 was so much better, and thats wut drew me to eason more, at the same time furthur away from leo. im glad, eason won the grand media award, just wish he had won TVB male singer tho (stupid TVB). anyways, leo's 'dai hong' or 'games' is so much better than 'star track'...

I wouldn't call the awards at HK any importance at all cause if it's the same singers that get nominated each year, what's the point?

And besides, the people that get nominated for the awards aren't the best singers out there, pretty much, they don't deserve it imo.

Star Track sucked so bad, I had no idea why some liked it. U87 was a very different album, than any other album Eason did, with added elements to it. I don't care much about the awards or who won though. It's just a bunch of BS for people to gush at.

^ lol, doesn't that go for all award shows, not only HK? the most popular, mainstream artists win all the awards. it doesn't matter whether they really have talent or not.

janice is a great singer... but i got a question.

i know janice is part korean, phillipino, and chinese. but wikipedia says shes only korean and phillipino. is she part chinese too?

as far as I know, no she's not. She was born in HK though. her mum is korean and her dad is filipino