Quantcast

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest HKS457

The HK Music Thread!!

Guest meow1203

I just listened to Joey's new album <Ten Most Wanted>. I personally think the new songs are :wacko: , but some of the slow songs are good.

Guest HKS457

Other than Janice, I listen to old school Vivian Chow... except I've got her singing more Mandarin ("._.) lol...

talking about old school, anyone heard of hacken lee's 紅日? thats hecka old school

Guest jess1tym4life

I don't listen to cpop like i used too, i'm more into kpop now. However i still like to listen to cpop now & than. My fav are Alan Luo, Andy Lau, Miriam yeung, William so etc many more. i'm not familiar with the new artists.

Guest vannushka

I just listened to Joey's new album <Ten Most Wanted>. I personally think the new songs are :wacko: , but some of the slow songs are good.

I thought her new album was quite good. Kinda bias coming from a joey fan but the fast songs were surely "different". Track 5 was cute and yeah I liked joey's slow songs in this album.

You think Metro isn't a real award show? I think CRHK isn't the real award show..they are completely bias and their results completely contradict the other 3 radio stations. ick

I only like Ronald's ONE song..yes the song that half hk likes as well haha

I LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EASONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN..why is he only coming to sydney for his concert... :(:(:(:(:( both his last albums were fantastic..i think i like the mando one more though..even though his canto album was top stuff

I think leo is quite good..i find it sad that his talents weren't recognised until now...i like him when he wasn't popular...too bad he didnt get many awards at the award show..eason really did steal the show

honestly..yes justin IS very talented...janice is very "fresh" but really..i think janice really has to improve on her live performances...she's very shaky with her singing...the thing i am worried about it...it seems to be a janice/justin year so far..they need to slow down...popularity coming fast..goes fast as well...out of the two..justin is obviously more talented

i love jacky..but hey...who doesnt?

btw..are we allowed to post links to performances and songs?

Guest boa_fan929

You think Metro isn't a real award show? I think CRHK isn't the real award show..they are completely bias and their results completely contradict the other 3 radio stations. ick

I LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EASONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN..why is he only coming to sydney for his concert... :(:(:(:(:( both his last albums were fantastic..i think i like the mando one more though..even though his canto album was top stuff

well thats cos the other 3 award shows r biased themselves. metro, is boring as hell, theres no suspense AT ALL. at least with TVB theres some suspense. metro just randomly gives ppl awards, fitting everyone in so that everyone can be happy. is this how award shows are supposed to be now? rewarding the untalented singers like Cream? as for RTHK meh. there results r kinda weird. justin's song 'good person' was nice and all, but did it really deserve a top ten award? and i think some of the categories at RTHK r redundant. TVB, no surprise, rewarding those singers who have close ties w/TVB. i think this year was a record for TVB in rewarding their own ppl like ron ng, toby leung, pong nam, andy lau, hacken lee. even the crowd starting booing at TVB when endy chow only got bronze for singer-songwriter.

i admit, i didnt really like the results of the top ten that much, but all the other awards were awarded to the rite ppl. thats not the case for the other 3.

also, i understand joey shouldve gotten a top ten since she got gold, but its not like this was the 1st time for 903 to do this or anything. if i remember correctly, miriam didnt get a top ten in 2003 and still got silver female as well. 903 mite not like eeg based singers that much, but at least they give them the gold singer awards awards unlike TVB.

in the end, 903 was the best award show in 2005 not only in suspense but in results. actually been one of the fairest (if not THE fairest) award show in HK.

n eason ISNT only going to sydney, hes coming to toronto as well!

Guest HKS457

lucky, bay area gets jackkk sheet

Guest vannushka

well thats cos the other 3 award shows r biased themselves. metro, is boring as hell, theres no suspense AT ALL. at least with TVB theres some suspense. metro just randomly gives ppl awards, fitting everyone in so that everyone can be happy. is this how award shows are supposed to be now? rewarding the untalented singers like Cream? as for RTHK meh. there results r kinda weird. justin's song 'good person' was nice and all, but did it really deserve a top ten award? and i think some of the categories at RTHK r redundant. TVB, no surprise, rewarding those singers who have close ties w/TVB. i think this year was a record for TVB in rewarding their own ppl like ron ng, toby leung, pong nam, andy lau, hacken lee. even the crowd starting booing at TVB when endy chow only got bronze for singer-songwriter.

i admit, i didnt really like the results of the top ten that much, but all the other awards were awarded to the rite ppl. thats not the case for the other 3.

also, i understand joey shouldve gotten a top ten since she got gold, but its not like this was the 1st time for 903 to do this or anything. if i remember correctly, miriam didnt get a top ten in 2003 and still got silver female as well. 903 mite not like eeg based singers that much, but at least they give them the gold singer awards awards unlike TVB.

in the end, 903 was the best award show in 2005 not only in suspense but in results. actually been one of the fairest (if not THE fairest) award show in HK.

i agree with what you said about metro..argh..i went to see the metro awards live..and it was BORING as...i was falling asleep and i left early

with 903...come on..they didn't give joey a top 10 award..AND THEY GAVE ONE TO JUNO????? crhk dislikes joey..that's obvious...i disagree how you say they were the "fairest"...hwo can they be...they are bias..while the other stations reflect what the listeners like...crhk goes the opposite way

darn it..i live in melb and i miss eason..AND LEO from lsat year..and miriam..arghh

i thought the tvb award was the best...because of the battle between miriam and joey...crhk was going to be bias..no surprises there..i didn't think they would go THAT far and give juno that award

i am happy that eason won the media award :D:D although I think leo should have gotten a few more awards.

Guest AL_NT_ATT

o0ohh i LOVE chinese/hk music!! andy lau, nicholas tse, kenny kwan, lin jun jie, boy'z, i LOVE them! =)) i have so many in my file i even get mixed up with who i have! =P <3!

Guest boa_fan929

with 903...come on..they didn't give joey a top 10 award..AND THEY GAVE ONE TO JUNO????? crhk dislikes joey..that's obvious...i disagree how you say they were the "fairest"...hwo can they be...they are bias..while the other stations reflect what the listeners like...crhk goes the opposite way

i thought the tvb award was the best...because of the battle between miriam and joey...crhk was going to be bias..no surprises there..i didn't think they would go THAT far and give juno that award

yeah, that was the only problem i had with the top ten for 903. the rest of the awards, i had no problem with their result, whereas with TVB, the only result i was satisifed with was the top ten/female singer. thats it. . its true, that 903 mite not like eeg, but at least they still do it. eason has been in the industry for so long n hasnt even won a TVB male award yet, theyve all been rewarded to hacken or andy lau. at least with 903, joey gets the gold even if they dont really like her company.

i dont think there was much of a battle between miriam and joey, i knew TVB wouldve given it to joey, like they did in 2004, when i thought miriam was going to win.on the other hand with 903, there was actually exciting cos it was between hocc and joey; thats y there was all this reaction with hocc fans/audience when she won silver

same thing with hacken, i knew he was gonna get it cos of high ratings w/chaan ho yat ding. i wouldnt have thought TVB would make it THAT obvious in rewarding their own ppl. when ron ng actually won an award, i was in shock. if outsiders like c that result they would think he was the 2nd best new male singer, which is entirely not true. although i could accept kenny getting the bronze, i didnt really think he deserved it. on the new female side, 1-2 were pretty obvious. but giving bronze to toby leung? :wacko:

903 maybe had bias when giving juno a top ten award, but TVB had even more bias giving their awards out. thus, 903 is still more fair than TVB.

Guest heartdrops

TVB was definately not fair giving out their awards. They gave one to Ron Ng o___O??

Guest ally.

Ron sucks at singing. The best one outta the TVB actors singing is Raymond, well, kinda.

My favorite artists would be Janice, Justin, Charles, & Pong Nan.

For the groups would be Soler, amazing talent right there.

Everyone else like Joey just sucks, with singing problems not to be mentioned.

Guest keikei_b

ooo a newish thread!! :D:D hehe il spend my time in here :P hehe!!

anywyas!! hmm hk artists are going downhill nowadays!! but i gotta say!! my favs are

Justin, Janice, Charles Ying, Nicholas Tse, Eason Chen, JJLIN, ALex Fong and a few others!! but these are at the top!! these are really the only artists i listen to that arent korean :P

ah wait wait!! hehe just thought of a few more :P Soler, 5 moon sky!! haha i cba findint the chinese :P hehe!!

oh and ^ i agree!! Ron Ng!! i seen his New Song MV!! ¬_¬ its disgraceful! nothin wrong with him just that i dont think all these actors and actresses should come out singing!! its just not their thing if u know what i mean?

Guest heartdrops

Ron sucks at singing. The best one outta the TVB actors singing is Raymond, well, kinda.

My favorite artists would be Janice, Justin, Charles, & Pong Nan.

For the groups would be Soler, amazing talent right there.

Everyone else like Joey just sucks, with singing problems not to be mentioned.

agreed. I would rather give the newcomer award to charles than ron ..

and i don't know why tvb is not 'letting' raymond release an album. his singing if waaaaaaayyyy better than ron's.

Guest boa_fan929

kinda curious y some ppl mention JJ Lin here, i dont think he sings canto.../from hk

Guest ally.

^ He's not from HK, nor does he sing in cantonese, but his songs are quite better than some recent HK singers.

Ron should just stick to acting, his singing is not going to go anywhere. It just sucks.

As for Justin, I just wish he can take it up a notch, and sing something that doesn't make someone fall asleep. I agree, his voice is okay and all, but his ballads can make anyone go to sleep.

For instance, his "You Will Shine," the english remake of his cantonese "I'm Not A Good Person," if I remember correctly, made me sleep, listening to it for about 45 seconds. Songs like, Erica or Popsicle Taste, was much better, cause it's a little faster than the others he sung.

Again, I don't know why people are fascinated by Joey Yung. I see nothin' special in her. She has breathing problems when she sings, and her new album sucked. The fast songs were nice for a change, but the way she sung it sucked. I feel nothing out of her songs after the "My Pride," album. Her wh.ore-like ways are degrading the hk music industry, in my opinion, and I don't think she can sing.

doot doot.

Guest HKS457

^ agree, i dont hate joey, but i also dont see whats so special about her. janice is way better =p

Guest boa_fan929

^i dont really think janice can sing live that well after hearing her sing at the award shows....

joey's singing is ok, probably one of the better females in hk. she sings live better than miriam. but she should just like stick to singing slow songs. she cannot sing fast songs while dancing. i agree w/ALLY. shes trying to become more sexy. her trasnformation is like the britney of hk.

Guest ally.

^ Yah, Janice can't sing live. She also has problems singing low notes, if you listen carefully to the slow english/cantonese songs on her first album.

Guest heartdrops

i dont like joey, i dont get why she's so popular.

along with twins, i don't like them neither =/

Guest vannushka

Joey damaged her voice TWICE, once in 2001 and again last year when she was overworked. She's popular because she sings well live. Joey's breathing problem really has improved a lot if you saw her concert last year. Funny how you guys refered her to the hk britney, Joey does admire britney a lot. All singers change their style..or as you guys like like to say it..become "w.hores".

I've heard Janice sings live...if you guys saw her mini concert...you can't hear her when she sings the low notes and she's extremely shaky on the high notes.

Justin is talented but his songs are very boring.