Ahn Jae Wook 안재욱

Guest Yasmin

Actor + Singer

AHN JAE WOOK

28948_004_a.jpgAhn Jae Wook is a popular Korean actor and singer who helped generate the Korean Wave in China. His surname is Ahn (also spelled An). His given name is Jae Wook (also spelled Jae Uk). Korean Name : 안재욱 Ahn, Jae Wook Nationality : South Korea Place of Birth : Donamdong Seoul, Korea Date of Birth : 1971 / 9 / 12 Chinese Zodiac : Boar Star Sign : Virgo Korean Zodiac : Pig Height : 176 CM Weight : 61 KG Blood Type : A Waist : 30inches An Jae Wook's Family : Parents, 1 younger brother Marital Status : Not married School : Jungduck elementary school, Sinchang middle school, Kyungdong high school, Seoul Arts university( major in play). Nick-name : 1. a devil of sleep (Because he is a heavy sleeper. His best record is 36hours continuous sleeping without awakening once. 2. a mass of sweat (His make-up artists named him like this . Why? You can guess ^.^) 3. Terius (He gained in public favor like now starring in 'star in my heart'. It is based on 'Candy'(very famous cartoon in Korea) of which the hero is Terius. It is regarded as a symbol of a handsome, tough and romantic..etc. guy in Korea.) Address : Seoul, Korea Car : Violet Mercedes Benz E class 201708362630466.jpg201708402800941.jpg An Jae Wook's Favorite Things and Other Interesting Things Favorite Color : Blue Hobbies : Golf ( Which he is crazy about nowadays. He is ready for the test to get the professional golfer qualification Also, He manages a golf training institute as avocation. ), Water Ski, Bowls ( Average 200), Watching Baseball Game (During the Korean season of baseball , he often goes to baseball games. His Favorite team is LG Twins which his friend, Seo, Yong bin belongs to ), Travel (He always do to relax after finishing drama or film. His favorite place is likely to be America. ) Favorite Music : Rock (He also like singing rock. His voice is so attractive and tough when he sings rock) Favorite Song : '에렐랄라 Erelala' Favorite Musicians : Queen , Roy bucanon Favorite Movies : 'Once upon a time in America' Favorite Actor : Al Pacino, Robert Deniro Favorite Item of Clothing : Jeans (But he wears a formal dress suit when he is in blue mood.) Habit in Sleeping : Move all around on bed. In the morning he always wake up in the opposite direction of last night . Least favorite Food : Oyster. The only food he doesn't eat If AJW couldn't be an actor, he'd be : Business man Most Embarrassing Moment : Forgetting words of his song in the live concert of other singer. Body Complex : Shoulder 201708442971420.jpg201708483141903.jpg Things AJW is fond of most : Family, Friends, Liquor, Fragrant Candles, Perfumes, Musical, Golf, CD collections, Cooking First Kiss : When AJW was a freshman. AJW's Habitual Gesture : Many Hand Movements With Talking, To Blink Eyes Frequently (It is probably because AJW is astigmatic) Jinx : Whenever unwilling to do something, that doesn't go well Something you might be surprised to know about AJW : He was a member of gag circle 'GagClub' and even a leader of jazz dance one 'Prana'. Favorite Female Type : Sensible, Generous, Intellectual and Gentle Woman. Better if beautiful!! Least Favorite Female Type : Meddlesome, Talkative and Insensitive Female Awards: MBC Best Actor Award (2000) 201708041266810.jpg201708081437253.jpgTV dramas: Oh! Pil-seung and Bong Soon-young (Pil-seung); Match Made in Heaven (Sok-gu); Fairy & Swindler (Jae-kyung); Apartment (this is a Chinese drama made in China with AJW's voice dubbed in Mandarin); Mothers and Sisters (Su-chul); A Wish Upon A Star (Min-hee); Bad Boys; Goodbye My Love; War and Love; Bloody Revenge; Sunflower; Hotel (Young-pal) 201708201948606.jpg Movies: 2003 Garden of Heaven 1998 Tie a Yellow Ribbon 1998 First Kiss 1998 Love Rub 201708161778151.jpgAn Jae Wook 's Career AJW went to Seoul Arts University, where has brought up a large number of famous actors and actresses, for the training of acting and starred in more than 20 plays such as 'West Side Story', 'Guys and Dolls', etc., during his time there. It is said that he was the best student and very active in the college by his professors and friends. He also regards that time as the happiest days in his life. In 1994 when he graduated from university, he went for in the test for the service as a talent in MBC (Munhwa Broadcasting Corporation) and succeeded at a stroke. He made his debut in December, the same year by starring in MBC nonfiction drama of '눈먼 새의 노래 Song of Blind Bird', where he played Kang, Young Woo who was the first blind doctor in pedagogy in Korea. He performed the role so maturely unlike a new face in TV that he made a deep impression on people. Just after that drama, he was offered the role of a nice and cute student, O, Min Soo on the new sunday home drama, '짝 Jjack (partner)', where he worked for three years December,1994-August,1997). '짝 Jjack' made him a rising young-star with a familiar image, but on the other hand, it tied him up to a young student role for quite some time. During this time, he hosted youth-oriented TV shows, such as '젊음의 다섯마당 Five Episodes Of Youth' (1995-1996) in MBC and '충전 100% 쑈 Charging 100% Show '(1996-1997) in SBS. And he also appeared on other TV dramas - '호텔 Hotel' (1995), '전쟁과 사랑 War And Love' (1995), '그들의 포옹 Their Embrace'(1996), '자반고등어 Salted Mackerel'(1996). At long last, after those several experiences, he had the opportunity to play the starring role of 강민 Kang Min in '별은 내가슴에 Star In My Heart'(1997), which made him a superstar in Korea and got him out of being fixed to just young-student image. 'Star in My Heart' It became also the chance he could show his ability as a singer, the role of whom he performed in 'Star in My Heart' perfectly and . 'Forever', which was his first album was introduced as the last song of Kang Min's concert in the ending part of ' Star In My Heart', was a great hit over 700 thousands sales amount 201708121607700.jpg

• Replies 539
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ohhhh, yes! someone finally made a thread for

ahn jae wook!!!!! omg ...someone needs to post

this link in the "star in my heart" aka "wish upon

a star" thread! i bet people there would love it!! hohoho

ahn jae wook was my first offical korean star love.

he was AWSOME in "star in my heart." if an AJW fan

hasn't seen that drama, you're not a true fann!!! hahahaha

yay. thanks for starting the thread!!! :wub:

Guest cathy1706

Hello everyone,

Does anybody have the song "Friends" sang by Ahn Jae Wook in Korean ??

This is the song originally sang by Jacky Cheung of HK

I happen to catch a very short clip of the MV in POP in SEOUL.

Thanks

cathy

2006-02-27

An Jae-wook Plans to Sweep Americas

ahn_l.jpg

Korean actor and singer An Jae-wook, a pioneer of the Korean pop-culture craze, or Korean Wave, is planning to sweep the American continent following Asia. An plans to tour Asia starting from Tokyo on March 31 and moving on to China, Hong Kong, Taiwan and Singapore. After that, he also plans to hold concerts in the U.S. as well as Mexico, Venezuela, and Peru.

In his concert at the Children’s Park in Neung-dong, Seoul on Saturday, An said, “I have become known in South America due to dramas I appeared in, so I am receiving invitations to hold concerts from various countries like Mexico, Venezuela and Peru.” An is gaining popularity in South America due to the drama “Star in My Heart,” which featured An as a leading character. “After my Japan and Southeast Asian tour, I am planning to perform in major cities in the U.S. and South American nations,” he added.

He made the audience laugh heartily with an episode about his popularity in South America. Last September, when President Roh Moo-hyun visited Mexico, some 30 local female fans of An gathered in front of the hotel where the president was staying with placards that read, “Send Jang Dong-gun and An Jae-wook to Mexico.” After the government asked An, “Since Jang is busy, why don’t you go there?” he answered, “I am busy too,” he jokingly said to the audience.

As if to prove An is a star leading the Korean Wave, some 800 foreign fans came to his concert, most of whom were middle-aged Japanese women. There were also fans from Hong Kong, Taiwan and Malaysia.

During the three-hour concert, he sang songs from his recent fifth album including the title song “Dururu,” and theme songs from other dramas. He also performed a magic show.

Meanwhile, An will return to the small screen in May after an 18-month absence by playing a role in the new drama “Mr. Goodbye.”

Source: KBS Global

http://english.kbs.co.kr/mcontents/enterta...4461_11692.html

Guest glitzyglam

oh yes, a much deserved thread for my favorite actor. =)

He's even in my all time favorite drama! (Bad Friends)

Has anyone heard his new album?

I still need to order it. -__-;;

but his song Doorooroo is good. ^^

hmm, I wonder what Mr. Goodbye will be about! thanks rubie for the article!

wow!!! an ahn jae wook thread!!

he's my first korean actor idol!!

i love his manly charisma in Sunflower where he portrayed the ice cold doctor!!!

n Goodbye My Love was equally good too!! i loved the story!! he had so much chemistry with kim hee sun!!

ONE OF AHN JAE WOOK'S DRAMA..

STAR IN MY HEART

simh.jpg

Starring : Ahn Jae Wook as "Min Hee" and Choi Jin-Shil as "Yun Le"

Story Line :

This is a story about Yun Le, who is an orphan. She is adopted as a teen by Mr. Song, her father's best friend. Yun Le lives like Cinderella in Mrs. Song's home. She has an aspiration to become a teacher and is exceptionally great at designing clothes. One day while waiting for her friend at a nightclub, she meets Min Hee and his friend Joon Hee. Joon Hee is attracted to Yun Le because she reminds him of his ex girlfriend. Min Hee, however, tries to woo Yun Le for his friend, Joon Hee.

It turns out that Yun Le and Min Hee attend the same college. Yun Le's sister, I-wah (Mrs. Song's daughter) has a crush on Min Hee and goes histerical when she finds out that Min Hee is paying attention to Yun Le. I-wah is determined to make Yun Le's life hell. Min Hee comes from a very wealthy family and his father expects him to straighten up his life. However, Min Hee is drawn deeply into his music and has no desire to do what his father orders. Min Hee eventually leaves home to pursue his musical career.

Yun Le gets moves away from her adoptive parents to live with her long time friend whom she grew up with at the orphanage. Her friend is also an aspiring singer and is secretly in love with Min Hee.

Guest bellegray

He was soo good in "Oh! Pil Seung and Bong Soon Young"

I loved the character he played, Pil Seung

and he was good at it too...heh

I fell in love with him then. And i think he looked really nice in that drama (style-wise and hair-wise).

<3

Guest Yasmin

ONE OF OF AHN JAE WOOK'S DRAMA..

" Match Made in Heaven "

17.jpg

Running Time: 50 min

Starring: Hwang Sin-Hae, Ahn Jae-Wook, Kwon Oh-Joong, Oh Seung-Hyun

Director: Choi Yung-Won

Writer: Ye Rang

Episode: 20 eps

Average Viewing Rate: 18.1 %

Highest Viewing Rate: 26.7 %

Television Duration: 2004/1/1 ~ 004/2/19

Sypnosis:

Here is a couple who started off as the luckiest couple in love. Well, they thought they were... But soon that "luck" comes to an end and these two seriously start to take this "luck". Was it really a "luck" or just a "blank" after all?????

Th woman shouted for joy when she met him. Dashing and good looking, he was even 5 years younger than she. And he thought he made a great coup when he met her. Sexy and beautiful regardless of age, she even boasted economic power with a stable job.

At the beginning, everything was that picture-perfect. But again as there always comes a close to every beginning. That once perfect woman turns into a just ordinary married woman and also, that young prince charming now seems like a bum eating the bread of idleness. One day..she wakes up and shouts out, "I also know how to get angry! And I'm not going for divorce!" It's strange how their perilous marriage life is maintained even though they know that they are both having affairs.

Guest testing

ONE OF AHN JAE WOOK'S DRAMA..

STAR IN MY HEART

simh.jpg

Starring : Ahn Jae Wook as "Min Hee" and Choi Jin-Shil as "Yun Le"

Story Line :

This is a story about Yun Le, who is an orphan. She is adopted as a teen by Mr. Song, her father's best friend. Yun Le lives like Cinderella in Mrs. Song's home. She has an aspiration to become a teacher and is exceptionally great at designing clothes. One day while waiting for her friend at a nightclub, she meets Min Hee and his friend Joon Hee. Joon Hee is attracted to Yun Le because she reminds him of his ex girlfriend. Min Hee, however, tries to woo Yun Le for his friend, Joon Hee.

It turns out that Yun Le and Min Hee attend the same college. Yun Le's sister, I-wah (Mrs. Song's daughter) has a crush on Min Hee and goes histerical when she finds out that Min Hee is paying attention to Yun Le. I-wah is determined to make Yun Le's life hell. Min Hee comes from a very wealthy family and his father expects him to straighten up his life. However, Min Hee is drawn deeply into his music and has no desire to do what his father orders. Min Hee eventually leaves home to pursue his musical career.

Yun Le gets moves away from her adoptive parents to live with her long time friend whom she grew up with at the orphanage. Her friend is also an aspiring singer and is secretly in love with Min Hee.

this is a GREAT drama! there'a a thread for it here

>>http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=36823

we're uploading all the eps, slowly but surely.. heheheeheh

i'd recommend it if you're a AJW fan! it's the drama that

catapulted him into stardom!!!!!!!!! :wub:

Guest Yasmin

Sympathy 2006 - Ahn Jae-Wook

Date : February 25th, 2006

Place : the Children’s Grand Park

j060213_l.jpg

Actor and singer Ahn Jae-Wook, the star who was at the forefront of the ‘Hallryu’ back in the late 90’s with the hit drama ‘A star in my heart’, made a comeback recently to his adoring fans after a long break with his 5th album ‘Sounds like you’, is set to greet the fans on stage later this month at the ‘Dom’ art-hall located in the Children’s Grand Park in Seoul.

The concert entitled, ‘Sympathy 2006’ will be the first live performance for the singer after the return away from the spotlight and is said to be the beginning of a string of shows that he is scheduled to perform both here in Korea and Japan where he is to perform next month, in time for the Japanese release of his 5th album ‘Sounds like you’ at the NHK hall in Tokyo on to China, Taiwan and Hong-Kong.

Having made a big impression to the fans around Asia with the hit drama ‘A star in my heart’ back in 1997 which arguably started so called ‘Hallryu’ the Korean wave, Ahn continues to do so even to this day, nearly 10 years on and nearly 100,000 fans scattered around Asia, proving that he truly is a ‘Star’.

In this upcoming performance, fans are expected to experience Ahn in his most undiluted form and witness his everlasting passion on stage that has made everything possible. Moreover, this will be a new chapter of this seasoned artist who is to become a true star of Asia.

source: KBS World

Guest summer0323

Ahn Jae Wook! The 1st korean star that I like & know of!!

Have anybody got his latest album? Nice or not?

Guest Yasmin

Ahn Jae-wook advances to China

November 18, 2005

Actor Ahn Jae-wook has recently made a comeback as a singer after two years and eight months with his fifth album entitled “Sounds Like You.” Ahn participated in the recording of the KBS TV2 music show “Music Bank” on Nov. 18, and made an appearance on MBC’s “Music Center” on Nov. 19, where he performed the title song of his new album.

Ahn’s fifth album, which hit record stores Nov. 11, maintained the number one position on the weekly sales chart of Kyobo Hot Tracks for two straight weeks, and received a favorable response from listeners on various online music sites.

Ahn’s comeback has drawn significant attention not only from his domestic fans but from Chinese fans as well.

As a top hallyu star in China, Ahn has given 90 solo concerts in China since 2000. Tickets to each of his concerts in that country were sold out completely, with some 17,000 people attending his concert in Beijing in July 2000; 25,000 people the following year; 15,000 people in November of 2002 and some 50,000 in December of 2002 in Shanghai.

Ahn’s unrivaled popularity in China was proven once again in 2004, when 28,000 people came to his latest concert in China.

Ahn’s agency says the singer’s new album is expected to appeal to a wider audience this time as it features more sophisticated vocals and music.

Source: KBS Global @ http://english.kbs.co.kr/entertainment/new...8481_11858.html

sjmao200409131142290.jpg

Guest Yasmin

Actor/singer Ahn Jae-wook to Debut in Japan

ahn_l.jpg

The originator of the hallyu boom in China, actor/singer Ahn Jae-wook is now ready to sweep the Japanese market.

The Sankei Sports reported on Feb. 1 that Ahn would give his debut performance in Japan, calling him the "last heavyweight star of hallyu."

Ahn will showcase his first album entitled "Sounds Like You" released by Pony Canyon, Inc. on Mar. 29, and give a performance at the NHK Shibuya Center in Tokyo on Mar. 31.

The Japanese newspaper said, "Ahn Jae-wook won resounding popularity in China for the TV drama entitled 'Stars in My Hearts,' in which he acted in 1997. He originated the hallyu boom in Asia. He has fan clubs with more than 100,000 members throughout nine Asian regions. He is the last hallyu heavyweight star who has not yet visited Japan."

Ahn said, "I am excited to think of meeting my fans in Japan. My live performance as a singer will show another aspect of mine that is quite different from me as an actor."

Source: KBS World

Archived