[Sitcom 2006] Soulmate 소울메이트

Guest yeohweping

I never heard about this drama before...until I stumbled upon my favorite fan-made mv maker - Jenny's mv of this drama.

After seeing her absolutely wonderful mv, I am so intrigued with this drama...I want to watch it so bad. And reading all your comments make me want to see it even more.

However, sadly...it seems a bit too late now, because it's extremely hard to d/l all the eps. I wonder why there's no Chinese sub for this show... :tears:

But I am just dropping by because I see how much you all love this show...and I am very sure you would love Jenny's MV! She's famous for making great mvs!

Here you go...it's so good that it makes me want to see this drama in the first place! You won't be disappointed!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwJNg0E7aT8

Oh yeah,I LURRVEE that mv!so happy that Jenny made that mv cuz I've always loved Soulmate and I've always loved all Jenny's MV,plus I love Bleeding Love ..so this MV is like the PERFECT combination!! I was totally freaking out (in a good way) when I saw the mv a few days ago. :D

aww Yvonne ..I think you should still be able to DL Soulmate for a few different sources,and there are English subs available too.you can DL the LQ versions of all 12 parts here at this post, or you can DL the HQ version here at idols-unlimited.All the subtitles should also be available here. :) Hope that helped,and you totally shouldn't be missing out on Soulmate cuz it's just soo fantastic,it's one of my all-time fave. :wub: I hope more people will discover the wonder that is Soulmate through Jenny's amazing MV. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i finished the last ep abt 3 hrs ago.. i dont mind the ending.. initially i was like.... what? that's it? and when the camera panned to the left, i was actually hoping the see a glimpse of SG in the crowd. but evenso, somehow it left me with a feeling that SG&DW will somehow find each other in japan.. so im still happy..

i didnot really fell in love with the soundtrack.. but the Lasse Lindh's C'mon Through is really haunting..

frankly i was a bit reluctant to watch it in the first plc, but im so glad i did..

(how the story goes between SG&DW in japan & afterwards will make a very good fanfic... dont u think so?)

after reading that it is one of the most underrated TV, decided to give it a try. Boy! Am I glad that of that.. Simply lurve it.. Going straight to the top 5 of my favourite Korean Drama

(how the story goes between SG&DW in japan & afterwards will make a very good fanfic... dont u think so?)

YES..I think so. :D So if anybody ever get the inspiration for it,please do write one and share it with us here..I really wanted to write one myself but I'm just awful and not talented enough,and I don't wanna ruin SooKyung and DongWook's beautiful love story.. :sweatingbullets:

Guest leeleeX

seriously..this is one heck of a good storyline.... i really hope that they can actually do a second season...well im off to sending letters :D

Guest zangly

i was browsing (read: procrastinating) when i came across dramabeans' comments on this sitcom/drama. she says its like a more sophisticated version of nonstop, which sounds perfect for me! *off to d-addicts*

only yesterday i saw 10 eps of soulmate….

And it was soooo late that I can’t watch the last two eps…

I love this drama… also i found out about the drama from dramabeans….soo long ago

And i was trying to find for it for long time ...

Am soo glad that I watched it

Guest monoceros

when i first watched the famous mv by jenny (i assume, since it's jenny productions) I thought it would be a storyline centered around an amnesia plot, which would be both creative and intriguing, but as it turns out, it was simply a discussion on fate and the supernatural elements of the quest for a soulmate?

it was interesting.. but completely unrealistic which made the philosophies and choices the characters made just as unbelievable. Yujin decides that she doesn't believe in her fate with DW... which sounds reasonable the way she says it... but is completely unbelievable... i mean.. if you could read the mind of some person.. isn't it kind of obvious you guys are soulmates? Even if I didn't believe in soulmates, I would if I could suddenly hear a guy's thoughts.

There's a limit to how much one can rationalize... fantastical elements in a realistic story......

So I didn't buy the whole discourse on soulmates... The fact that they introduced the "i can hear my soulmates' thoughts" was not the problem, the problem was that they then contradicted themselves, toning down the miracle and making it seem "suddenly" ambiguous and vague and not having complete authority over one's choice of mate... but being a miracle... how can it possibly be toned down in a believable way? It's like convincing us black is white.

but otherwise it was a well written story, with very unique and compelling characters such as Yujin who is a bit of a tomboy but not without a few childish dreams, SaGang who is completely innocent but still reatins her own sense of pride, Miae who enjoys the life of liberty, but is not oblivious to the feelings of her "victims"

The guys.. on a the other hands.. were a tiny bit more simplistically drawn and suffered character depth for it, but ryohei was adorable (especially when all of miae's suitors confront her, and he simply pats her on the back and leaves)

Dongwook struck me as wisely rash (which is how all kdrama guys are) and the contrast between him and Yujin's cynical hesitation was unbearable sometimes.

I didn't mind the whole buildup, I know some did, because DW took too long to get with YuJin, but I thought it was necessary, and it made chance encounters more mysterious and heightened the suspense. They had the cutest moments... like the time where she dialed him accidentally...

but while I was unsatisfied with the ending (yujin's "rationality..." ruined it) I thought as a whole, the drama managed to pull off the complex relationships without making the whole scene too messy.. for the most part anyway...

• 3 weeks later...
Guest sheena0627

I am like new to this thread coz i juz finish the drama.. ok.. i know i am late but better then never rite?

seems like i can't hope much for a season two but i really like how portray explain the word fate!

In fact i love everything from episode 8 onwards!!! (argh, why SG and DW took so long to meet each other)

I am so gonna imagine how they meet and fall in love all over again in Japan~~ lalalala

• 2 weeks later...
Guest dbsk<3manga<3

Imaginasian just started broadcasting it!

for san franciscans, it's on ch. 28 comcast cable!!!

from what i've seen, it seems to have some sexual stuff in it

but nonetheless interesting! ;)

only on ep. 2 but i already don't like one of the girls...

:ph34r:

Guest lunae

Yatta! Finally finished watching it 3 days in a row. I love the ending, the writers wrapped it up so nicely. It;d be nice if there is a second season, but I'm already content with the ending. It definitely means that both of them are soulmates. Even if Su Gyeong went to moon, then Dong Wook will surely pops up there unknowingly :D And yes the BGM - I must bow to the drama's music coordinator and the writers for complementing the title, storyline and music into one piece of art. Come on thru, Heartbeat and Dont turn away are my fave songs in the drama.

Saw Shin Dong Wook has a new project. I wish to see him acting with Jo In Sung in a drama, they seemed alike sometimes. Similar babyface and tall, nicely built body :)

• 2 weeks later...

i can't believe this was a sitcom! haha i just finished it yesterday and i really thought it was a drama. I loved it from episode 1 and I'm definitely putting it with my favorites!!!

But as for a season 2? I am not sure.. I mean they've already put a good ending to it. It kinda goes in a loop if they use the same characters with similar troubles again. But if they use different characters, it might not catch on. I think having just one soulmate is better since it was more of a drama. If it was a sitcom they shouldn't have put such finality in the ending of the first season to get us wanting to know more in season 2.

Guest Dungie

Soulmates (700 MB - AVI)

I really like this sitcom (more like a drama), :P The sequence of the scenes was pieced together brilliantly! I like the idea of fate and soulmates, very idealistic but romantic at the same time. For those of you who haven’t watched the series, I think you should really give it a chance! I uploaded all of the episodes below into my megaupload filebox for easier downloading. Enjoy!

soulmatelogobk2.jpg

[Feel free to share these links whenever you want. No need to leave credit, :)]

Megaupload filebox: (Download Full Batch)

http://www.megaupload.com/?f=C7W06ZXM

WithS2 Subtitles: [D-addict Link]

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Ayulyn

I was looking through z-degrees, when I came up on this album and in the description it said this..

(Bolded the important part)

Presenting a whole new texture of rock, Aquibird's latest album Whose Dream explodes in an eclectic collision of electronica and reggae sounds. Aquibird consists of two members: disc jockey/songwriter DJ Magik Cool J, already famous for writing and producing for TV commercial songs as well as soundtracks for dramas like I Hate You, But It's Fine, Come Back, Soon Ae, and Soulmate: Season 2; and the main vocalist Lady Jane, who offers a unique vocal style enveloped in bossa nova and French pop. Delivering a wider variety of sounds than Peppertones or Loveholic and laying more emphasis on guitar than Portable Groove 09 or Humming Urban Stereo, Aquibird weave their own musical tapestry that beautifully captures the trendy feel of European sophistication and the sweet essence of cotton candy. Hoping to venture out into the world market, the entire album is recorded in English - a wise decision for a group filled with such abundant talent.

Umm. Soulmate: Season 2? Is it really true??? =/ I haven't kept up because I heard there wasn't going to be one, but now I see this and I'm wondering If it's true!

Guest itashee

This is one of those dramas that are really underrated, which is a little bit dissapointing -> I totally fell in love with it! :blush:

It’s fresh, it’s witty and it has an outstanding soundtrack! (what more can you want from a great drama? ;) )

At first, I didn’t know what to think about only 12 episodes of this drama/sitcome –> I thought that the number of episodes is not enough to develop a story – but I was wrong . . .

Maybe one of the reasons why Soulmate was that good, was that it was short and didn’t drag the story as many kdramas tend to do.

The chemistry between Shin Dong Wook and Lee Soo Kyung was undeniable, and I enjoyed watching their scenes together.

I hope that there will be Soulmate season 2 – I'll keep my fingers crossed!

Archived