Sm Ent. Global Audition Preview (practices)

Guest Mi_chan

Guest glistarqt22

14/50?? That's a 28%! xD

I have to disagree. He deserves atleast a 20/50 = 40%.

LOL I mean, even I got a 39/50 = 78%, so he shouldn't get such a low percentage. Even your brother gave the other girl a 20/50 :) I have never met anyone as picky as him. LOL I still cannot believe how he doesn't like SHK, KTH, OR BoA. Holy.

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest BunnieButt

i dont understand why people are getting so angry over this thread. i think its a great idea, people need feedback and here is someone with an unbias POV to do it for you! i mean it doesnt matter if a person is professional or not, its just practice and it helps you get ready for the actually audition.

AHH Hitorijime we have the same camera!

Guest Mi_chan

XD yah I know the pickiness runs in the family, I'm well yah maybe he deserve a 20/50 that's why i ask him to give me more pictures XD so i could give him a higher mark. -_- because one picture isn't enough, I gave him that much base on the information he gave him .. XD so yah, he'll get a higher mark if he gave me more pictures. SO yah XD sorry no hard feelings

I'm glad that more ppl are giving out their opinions as well. (remember you are free to do so, and if ya want ya can give yourself a mark about how you think of yourself XD) and haha don't worry much about my mark with looks it all depends on ppl trust me! I'm really ugly myself and if i have to give myself an appearance out of 50 -_- i say i only deserve 10/50.

Guest Mi_chan

Oh yah ...my bro thinks Boa isn't pretty. He only said she's okay O.O but XD yah I'm picky like that too... I don't think guys from super junior is hot either hahaha XD <--picky

So no hard feelings guys if I say your not good looking cuz come on my friends are huge fans of super junior but i say they aren't hot. Korean guys aren't my type i think Wu Zun (taiwanese actor/singer) isn't hot either.. XD I think Jiro Wang (a taiwanese actor/singer is hot! really hot! haha Ya know different ppl different type.

Guest bakajen

okay .... i ve decided to post it for more c/c...

First - Your Name: Jennifer

Height: 160cm

Weight: 110

Photos:

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h207/lamj001/bakajen-1.jpg

Auditioning for: singing and dancing/

singing:http://s22.photobucket.com/albums/b307/ice_angel_550/?action=view&current=MOV07721.flv

dancing:http://s22.photobucket.com/albums/b307/ice_angel_550/?action=view&current=MOV07719.flv

i know i sang a little too high and was a bit off beat...be kind .

-------edit**

michan's c/c

Well, first the note you sang is a little high, and your dance is a bit off beat, XD since ya already know it. but Wow your only 13 huh your pretty tall for a 13 years old.

I heard the song in your video, but ... I say I'm not impress, your keys are also off, your voices isn't flowing, and most of the time I have no idea wat you are singing. Try to change your voice a bit. Like ya know... it's really hard listing to ya sing. Ya need to keep with movement. Don't just move with one hand, try to show more feelings, more emotions when ya sings. But most importantly don't just stand there in one place try to move around some more. Since your only 13 your voice isn't quite mature yet. Try to be more dynamic when ya sing, and remember the range of notes ya can hit, O.O well... important part for ya to know. Ya need to warm up first... I say your voice is ... really stiffy and it's not flowing as I know you should I'm sure ya can do much better then that. And your dance more, try to feel more of the music, and jiggly that body! either then that your doing quite well really. Just need to breathe in that air for you to hit good pitches when ya sing. But i don't find a problem with your high pitches it isn't going wrong, but when ya said ya too high, sure jsut a little bit higher, and your getting a little off key, and off balance, jsut try to balance your voice out. like a wave... for example, anyway I hope that's helping ya in some way.

Talent - 25/40 ya need to work on your range of notes and pitches, and that it's all air control since your still young your voice is maturing so, yah XD haha... I'm not gonna comment on your voice, but please try to be more clear in what your singing, and i think ya should move your mouth a little more. Like wat ya did close to the ends.

Appearance - 17/50 ya know... I'm a girl my bro and i fights a lot to give ya this. Since your still young ya know... But he says your aren't pretty (so am i but dont' worry) XD haha... If ya post up your audition information on the thread u might get a higher mark then from just me.. Cuz my bro is picky he said ya worth a 10 ... but yah... anyway

Performance - Ya did well dancing, but a little off beat, remember to jiggly your body some more, and do more stronger movenment! and your emotion when your singings... yah... try to smile some more smiling to the judges will surely give ya a better mark, and when your auditioning to the real SM G.A make sure ya dress nicely doens't have to wear a dress but XD yah, just put cover up for those pimples and a little lip-gloss to look good and like so ya prepared ya know ... 7/10

Total - 49/100

Just keep practicing your singing and PLS WARM UP PROPERLY! A proper warm up isn't just singing "do ra me fa so la" okay, it's trying to get your voice use to the different ranges of notes ya be singing. If ya want I'll try to give ya some more vocal lesson. But only when i got the free time... I'm a little busy now... like more and more now XD haha...

Just try keeping your best and do emotions if ya can. Sing in front of mirrors, but i suggest ya sing in front of ppl, like friends, your music teachers... etc. and ask them to be truthful. anyway ALL THE BEST TO YA in your future and at the SM audition. If ya have just music clip and would like my opinion on it I'll do my best to help ya.

-----------------------------------------------

yup i got a pretty low mark.. disappointed but i guess it was the truth..its time i got it?

Guest Mi_chan

XD well, I already give ya my c/c so... yah... If ya want to share it with others you can post it up. ^_^ Or ...I'll post it up if ya want ^_^ doesn't matter, but i think ya should post it up yourself.

Remember everyone is free to post there comment up. With their own c/c. (which is the comment) but please state a good reason why you think they deserve it... don't just type one or two sentence and gave them their mark. Try to help them improve. But I'm sure all of you ppl will anyway. XD I just like to waste forum space by typing a lot XD haha... j/k I just talk too much. (or type too much)

@CtlunatC

Thanks! Sorry about that. :P!~

@Mi-chan

-Talent

Whee~! Thanks! I appreciate that you took the time to make a critique! :D! :lol: Yes, I definitely needed to breathe..omg..seriously..that song..I almost died in the end. -____-# Thanks again! I usually always imitate the artist cause I don't really have my own "style" of singing, or whatever you may call it. Lol. Sorry. XD! Wow..I seriously thought I was getting a 5 or something. -__-. Sigh. Thanks again.

-Looks

Lol. No problem. Thanks lots! XD! Hey, um, is it okay if I post another picture later on this forum? :D! I really want to have it rated. Hehe. Please and thank you?

-Total

I would love to have a vocal lesson from you. O_O...Please??? :tears: Lol. I need as much advice I can...since..-_-..my friends really don't help since every time I give them my singing clips..there like..."Awesome." And I'm like.."Anything wrong with it?"..They say.."Nope." -__-. and then I post it on the forum which gets like 50 complaints on my singing or something. LOL. Sorry for my babbling. D:...

And, no problem. :D~!

@Xingda

LOL! THANKS! O_O....Hehe. Yeah, it was a bit high, but I have no idea how to lower it in Audacity. >__>..SIGH. I can make it higher! But..lol..I don't think that helps.

P.S. And, just wondering...who got the highest score for the total and the appearance? You don't need to say the person, but a number will suffice. :D! If you could..lol..THANKS!!!!!!!!!

Guest dahye_is_here

Okay since I have nothing else to do...I'll just post. :vicx:

Your Name: Dahye

Height: 5'0

Weight: 120lbs

Photos: http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g157/uclagirl128/27-2.jpg

What are you auditioning for? : Singing

Video Clip: I don't have a video but I do have soundclick: http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=743721

Btw, my voice sounds wayyyy different in person. It's actually a lil bit deeper and not so high. It's just I recorded with my phone and it's retarded. :X

Guest jia0zi

okay .... i ve decided to post it for more c/c...

First - Your Name: Jennifer

Height: 160cm

Photos:

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h207/lamj001/bakajen-1.jpg

Auditioning for: singing and dancing/

singing:http://s22.photobucket.com/albums/b307/ice_angel_550/?action=view&current=MOV07721.flv

dancing:http://s22.photobucket.com/albums/b307/ice_angel_550/?action=view&current=MOV07719.flv

i know i sang a little too high and was a bit off beat...be kind .

-------edit**

michan's c/c

Well, first the note you sang is a little high, and your dance is a bit off beat, XD since ya already know it. but Wow your only 13 huh your pretty tall for a 13 years old.

I heard the song in your video, but ... I say I'm not impress, your keys are also off, your voices isn't flowing, and most of the time I have no idea wat you are singing. Try to change your voice a bit. Like ya know... it's really hard listing to ya sing. Ya need to keep with movement. Don't just move with one hand, try to show more feelings, more emotions when ya sings. But most importantly don't just stand there in one place try to move around some more. Since your only 13 your voice isn't quite mature yet. Try to be more dynamic when ya sing, and remember the range of notes ya can hit, O.O well... important part for ya to know. Ya need to warm up first... I say your voice is ... really stiffy and it's not flowing as I know you should I'm sure ya can do much better then that. And your dance more, try to feel more of the music, and jiggly that body! either then that your doing quite well really. Just need to breathe in that air for you to hit good pitches when ya sing. But i don't find a problem with your high pitches it isn't going wrong, but when ya said ya too high, sure jsut a little bit higher, and your getting a little off key, and off balance, jsut try to balance your voice out. like a wave... for example, anyway I hope that's helping ya in some way.

Talent - 25/40 ya need to work on your range of notes and pitches, and that it's all air control since your still young your voice is maturing so, yah XD haha... I'm not gonna comment on your voice, but please try to be more clear in what your singing, and i think ya should move your mouth a little more. Like wat ya did close to the ends.

Appearance - 17/50 ya know... I'm a girl my bro and i fights a lot to give ya this. Since your still young ya know... But he says your aren't pretty (so am i but dont' worry) XD haha... If ya post up your audition information on the thread u might get a higher mark then from just me.. Cuz my bro is picky he said ya worth a 10 ... but yah... anyway

Performance - Ya did well dancing, but a little off beat, remember to jiggly your body some more, and do more stronger movenment! and your emotion when your singings... yah... try to smile some more smiling to the judges will surely give ya a better mark, and when your auditioning to the real SM G.A make sure ya dress nicely doens't have to wear a dress but XD yah, just put cover up for those pimples and a little lip-gloss to look good and like so ya prepared ya know ... 7/10

Total - 49/100

Just keep practicing your singing and PLS WARM UP PROPERLY! A proper warm up isn't just singing "do ra me fa so la" okay, it's trying to get your voice use to the different ranges of notes ya be singing. If ya want I'll try to give ya some more vocal lesson. But only when i got the free time... I'm a little busy now... like more and more now XD haha...

Just try keeping your best and do emotions if ya can. Sing in front of mirrors, but i suggest ya sing in front of ppl, like friends, your music teachers... etc. and ask them to be truthful. anyway ALL THE BEST TO YA in your future and at the SM audition. If ya have just music clip and would like my opinion on it I'll do my best to help ya.

-----------------------------------------------

yup i got a pretty low mark.. disappointed but i guess it was the truth..its time i got it?

sometimes warming up "properly" does not change your voice. I think you need more support, and try to always breathe from your diaphragm (which is where your stomach is). It usually helps you reach those low low low notes.

When you sang, "some people live for the fortune..." it sounds better if you can drag out the fortune and possibly add some vibrato?

....I don't know why michan said that she can't understand what you're singing. i can hear every word perfectly =\

you're dancing is great! personally, i can't dance that well but i thought yours was wonderful. just a word of advice, from all the dance videos ive seen, try to put some emotion into it. dance like you feel the music. it's hard to explain, but i hope you understand. haha

i've been to an audition, and the biggest piece of advice i can give you is, have confidence. don't show the judges that you're nervous. it might seem cute, but it might night get you far in the long run. also, in the freestyle part (where they play music and you dance) don't be embarassed and just bounce around. that won't impress the judges.

haha last year i was sooooooo into those auditions and going into the entertainment business, but it got old really quick. i mean if you think about it, do you really want to deal with the crazy fans and anti-fans, being away from your family, and intense training? i'd rather get a very good education that can lead to a good job, but that's only IMO. ^^ i dont know why i said that? lmao

[-0- aigoo. the "ya"s are getting annoying to read, sorry. but since you're already 18, wouldn't it be proper to use correct grammar and pronoun spelling? when people say ya, on paper they really mean you. ya is just.....wrong.]

OH ALSO, those grades are just random numbers. the real talent lies in yourself, not in random grades people give you.

Guest Mi_chan

Okay since I have nothing else to do...I'll just post. :vicx:

Your Name: Dahye

Height: 5'0

Weight: 120lbs

Photos: http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g157/uclagirl128/27-2.jpg

Video Clip: I don't have a video but I do have soundclick: http://www.soundclick.com/player/single_pl...718609&q=hi

Btw, my voice sounds wayyyy different in person. It's actually a lil bit deeper and not so high. It's just I recorded with my phone and it's retarded. :X

WOW Only 12 XD scary, yand your as tall as me. Thats' nice... XD i'm like Height: 5'1 (not even) and Weight: 100 lbs. XD haha yah... So interesting and your only 12 -_- i feel bad... anyway ... um... I can't seem to find your clip on soundclick to u have any other ... link? Because I can't seem to see it, the link just link me to the front page.

Can anyone else help me rate her? XD I'm kinda busy too, since I have a lot of ppl I need to help, and I need to go to my friends house to help them with vocal lesson XD but i'm not really good at it either. Just proper warm ups, and trying to get them to use there stomach air. So I don't wanna search for ppl's clips. It be nice if someone could help out with the rating too. ^_^ Come on I'm sure ya would. ^_^ right?

And someone was asking what is the highest score I gave for looks, XD haha I think it's about 40/50 and the highest total % is 79/100 ^_^ and that's the highest. It's because the girl is a bit sniff on her performance, either then that she gave me a really good performance. ^_^ So yah. Anymore question?

And I really happy to have ppl help me gave out advices too, because XD come on I'm not perfect, and it's really hard for me to find that right word to express. ^_^ So if you know anything that helps these ppl improve in there singing/dancing/acting/modeling. Please don't be shy and join in. Feel free to use/ or not to use that Rating System. ^_^ Happy to all~ I'm gonna go on a 2 weeks vacation soon. XD haha don't ask me where it's private, *^^* <--blushing

And all those that starting school ^_^ should study hards~~ bye bye now~~~~~ I'll be be here until Sept 1 - Sept 16.

SO try to keep this place running until I come back, SO PLEASE HELP RATE THEM OKAY~! I need to get all of my things ready -_- just two more days...

Guest dahye_is_here

WOW Only 12 XD scary, yand your as tall as me. Thats' nice... XD i'm like Height: 5'1 (not even) and Weight: 100 lbs. XD haha yah... So interesting and your only 12 -_- i feel bad... anyway ... um... I can't seem to find your clip on soundclick to u have any other ... link? Because I can't seem to see it, the link just link me to the front page.

Can anyone else help me rate her? XD I'm kinda busy too, since I have a lot of ppl I need to help, and I need to go to my friends house to help them with vocal lesson XD but i'm not really good at it either. Just proper warm ups, and trying to get them to use there stomach air. So I don't wanna search for ppl's clips. It be nice if someone could help out with the rating too. ^_^ Come on I'm sure ya would. ^_^ right?

And someone was asking what is the highest score I gave for looks, XD haha I think it's about 40/50 and the highest total % is 79/100 ^_^ and that's the highest. It's because the girl is a bit sniff on her performance, either then that she gave me a really good performance. ^_^ So yah. Anymore question?

And I really happy to have ppl help me gave out advices too, because XD come on I'm not perfect, and it's really hard for me to find that right word to express. ^_^ So if you know anything that helps these ppl improve in there singing/dancing/acting/modeling. Please don't be shy and join in. Feel free to use/ or not to use that Rating System. ^_^ Happy to all~ I'm gonna go on a 2 weeks vacation soon. XD haha don't ask me where it's private, *^^* <--blushing

And all those that starting school ^_^ should study hards~~ bye bye now~~~~~ I'll be be here until Sept 1 - Sept 16.

SO try to keep this place running until I come back, SO PLEASE HELP RATE THEM OKAY~! I need to get all of my things ready -_- just two more days...

Oh sorry.

I changed it. :D

Guest Mi_chan

good luck 12 yr old.. i think u have potential because your voice aint that bad ^_^

-_- your only a year apart ya know... XD it's kinda weird to say "good luck 12 yr old" ya know what i mean... when your only one year apart XD haha... Well. Anyway. *goes off packing* XD anyone knows whats the best sunscreen is? XD is Hawaii hot during sept? I never been there before so i dunno. XD...

Guest mrs.sierna

i'm not auditioning for SM, but other entertainments.

First - Your Name: sierra lee

Height: 5'3" (i think)

Photos: http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y251/sierra123/astg002.jpg <-- sorry it's so dark. but it's the only recent photo of me right now.

What are you auditioning for? : singing + dancing. but singing for now. too lazy for dancing right now.

song 1: verse 1 + chorus: destiny's child.

song 2: verse 2: wonder girls.

when you're done critiqueing, can you please PM me?

because i doubt that i will come back to this thread..

Guest Mi_chan

Wow ^_^ so much young talent, I'm sure SM Will be happy. More days of training = better result. XD haha A reason why SM likes to take in young talent, is so they could feed them get them to be fatter (not the person, the talent) haha ^_^ I pm ya, i'm not sure if you want to reveal to everyone about your result, but I PM you instead, remember anyone's result is up to their choice if they want to reveal it or not. But XD I suggest that anyones under 40% shouldn't... XD because... I'm that person. -__- I would rate myself and give me a 10/100 depending on what song it is that i sang but i'm really bad and i couldn't dare to show ppl what i really gave myself XD too embrassing... -___- since i did criticize my own self, and man... i swear, singing to myself sounds a lot better then hearing myself sing. XD <--got no singing talent

Guest love=music=life

I initially didn't want to release my stuff on here and so I PMed my preview..

But whatever... here's my info and my scores from Mi chan

Feel free to critique my stuff ^^

Your Name: Jane Noh

Height: 5'10" / about 176cm

Weight: 130lbs.

Photos: Most Recent Head Shot

Most Recent Half Body Shot

I don't have any full body shot pictures -____-

Auditioning for: Singing (maybe acting)

I havn't decided on a song for the audition yet.. BUT I had these videos so...

Although these videos are quite old...

This first one is from more than one year ago...

This 2nd one is from early this year...

Singing Big Mama's ChaeNyum

--------------------------------------------------------------

My Scores from mi chan:

Talent - 30/40

Appearance - 15/50

Performance - 8/10

Total - 53/100

Guest pink mafia

please...can you give me a critique?...other members please feel free to give me a critique as well!

Your Name: Sokhom

Height:5'2

Weight:-

Photos:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v508/sok...dced219558c.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v508/sok...6f8c56fddfd.jpg

Video Clip: I don't have a video clip yet...but here's a soundclick link http://www.soundclick.com/bands/songInfo.c...;songID=5149888

Guest Mi_chan

Name : Amanda

weight : 59kg

Photos : http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d90/aman.../IMG_5100-1.jpg

Song: http://youtube.com/watch?v=JBzT1a8Mcvw

haha..lolz....i'm auditioning for singing..thanks for ur comment

^_^ Wow your 18 huh, you got a really cute voice, but... ah.. When you sing, I think it's better if you can project your voice some more, and try to make it more ...ah... Some what more entertaining, and have more emotions into your singing, don't

just sing a song, sing it with feelings. ^_^ I think it's better if you could sing louder (same thing with projecting your voice)

But when singing, I think you should have like some thing of different range, like from some where at 0:04 and 0:22 I think it's better if you sing a little louder, maybe because your not using the right voice, like it's hard to switch from your head voice, to your stomach voice (or watever they call it.) Just try to sneak more air in. Remember that when you are singing, it's for entertainment. I think you did okay, but some how something missing, and I can't really say it... O.O (anyone else know what she is missing, and can fill in my empty space?) But here is your result.

Talent - 29/40 (something is missing...remember to project, and have different variety of voice range. Sing with emotions okay ^_^)

Appearance - 22/50 I think you look pretty cute but -_- my bro says your worth a 10, again with that 10 he gave to almost everyone, but yah XD we always have to argue, (anyone else wants to be the beauty judge? my bro is just too picky.)

Performance - 5/10 again -_- gimme a video clip with you singing in person, not XD ya know... pictures. XD anyway. I gave this to anyone who tried.

Total - 56/100

Anyone wants to add to this rating is all welcome ^_^ Remember to give advices.~

Guest Mi_chan

please...can you give me a critique?...other members please feel free to give me a critique as well!

Your Name: Sokhom

Height:5'2

Weight:-

Photos:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v508/sok...dced219558c.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v508/sok...6f8c56fddfd.jpg

Video Clip: I don't have a video clip yet...but here's a soundclick link http://www.soundclick.com/bands/songInfo.c...;songID=5149888

Wow, reflection huh... Ya know, you got a really nice voice. But your voice is a little shaky, is it the mic or is it that your a little nervous? O.O... XD But don't worry, I suggest you try to have some more practices. You got a really powerful voice. Mmm... But there's something I kinda suggest you do, I have the instrumental if you want I could give it to you. I'm really not good at marking without music, so haha.. i don't have much to say, but as I heard, somewhere around 0:07, and 0:26 i think if you re listen to yourself, you'll understand the parts that you are missing...oh and at 0:17 it should be a little higher.

But the mulan version is a lot easier to sing, then the pop version (Christina 's version) But yeah, it really bothers me about the shaky voice... O.O...

Talent - 30/40 great voice really but ... i dunno it's not perfect... so... XD haha remember that i said i'm picky? XD...

Appearance - Umm... no offense or anything... but O.O what is your nationality? SM really in to chinese now, but i'm sure you aren't chinese... but XD it really doesn't matter to me haha... but my bro is picky, but i think your okay... (again, i need a new beauty judge.) here's your mark ... 20/50

performance - 5/10 (no comment, just pls send in that video clip ppl)

Total - 55/100

I dunno if SM really into nationality or not, but I'm sure they really wants asian... XD But you don't quite look like asian... haha... But I dunno about that. ^_^ There still is some chances for anyone. So try out for SM G.A if you can. ^_^ It's better to try out, and know your result from the real thing, instead of from someone like me, after all, i'm not perfect and i'm not professional. ^_^ So I hope the best for you. (of course for everyone else who audition as well)

Archived