[drama 2007] Legend Of Hyang Dan/향단전

Guest jun_bin

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

just finished this short drama and i loved it. i'm quite glad that it's only two episodes because the plot was better fitted for a short drama. in fact, i think if it was stretched out to more episodes, then many of us wouldn't like it as much as we do right now.

I watched this drama because I wanted to see Seo Ji Hye's acting in a more upbeat drama. also, Choi Si Won was an added bonus. their coupling is sooo adorable and cute...i felt their connection from the first time they met when Mong Ryong used her house (well, Chun Hyang's house) as a refuge. also loved the fact that even after he found out she was the helper/work and not Chun Hyang, he pursued her even more....boy, was he lovesick like the Janghwa and Hongryeon sisters said.

my absolute favorite scene was when Hyang Dan jumped into the pond/river and the song from Fantasy Couple came on....it was hilarious. you guys have no idea how many times i rewind that scene. made me laugh to the extreme.

things i loved:

- Hyang Dan was strong and unique and stayed that way throughout the entire two episodes. she wasn't afraid to jump into the river, and she was intrigued in participating in a scheme by the Robin-Hood clan. she's one cool chick. Seo Ji Hye was totally believable as Hyang Dan.

- Chun Hyang: i didn't find her unlikable ALL the time...in fact, she made me laugh. the actress did a really good job. she's quite pretty as well.

- the Music was freakin' awesome. there were times where i rewound scenes to hear the music. and the fact that this drama incorporated the music right into the storyline was brilliant. i love the triplets who sang in a couple of the scenes. they were quite catchy. love the combination of traditional korean music and upbeat contemporary beats.

loved The Legend og Hyang Dan. it's quite refreshing after watching some of Coffee Prince.

oh and for those who want some of the songs used in the drama, here are some links. i got them from dramabeans but uploaded on my own. hope that's ok:

Infinite of Sound - It's Natural: http://www.sendspace.com/file/u999vs

- this is the song used when Hyang Dan and Mong Ryong rode the horse together to the bamboo forest. CUTE.

Infinite of Sound - Juliet: http://www.sendspace.com/file/zfbs9e

- this is the song used at the end with the preview. love the instrumentals.

enjoy and watch this if you haven't already. :D

Guest shigehiro

It was there like 15 min ago then I went back and it was gone - looks like the page was edited at 1020 my time so probably someone took it off? Sad - goes to look for new subbers.

Yea, i checked the WITHS2's wiki page, and they stated that they take up the project.

But now,it is gone..

=|

Hello everyone.. yes.. WITH S2 was going to take on this project.. but we just found out that BON FUNSUBS is also subbing it.. to avoid double work.. we will not be subbing it anymore.. but rest assure.. BON will do a fantastic job.. Please support & cheer them on. :)

Hello everyone.. yes.. WITH S2 was going to take on this project.. but we just found out that BON FUNSUBS is also subbing it.. to avoid double work.. we will not be subbing it anymore.. but rest assure.. I'm sure BON will do a fantastic job.. Please support & cheer them on. :)

Whooo ::breathes a sigh of reliefe::

THANK YOU FOR THINKING OF US ANYWAY MILY!

YAY FOR BON! It's not on the fansub map though? It's not on the BON site either...hmm?

Thank you, Mily! BON subs are great too! Thanks to all for all the caps, pics, clips, music, and future subs.

I can't get enough of this two ep series!

V mangosteen, how can we fans be upset? We're thrilled that this is being taken on. You guys may not be WithS2, but you're just as good. I've seen your work. Thank you to both subbing teams.

Guest mangosteen

Thanks, Emily.

And I'm really sorry for the misunderstanding. I was to update the BON's wiki page at d-addicts but I couldn't log on :(

Anyway, it's fixed now. I hope it's not too disappointing for those of you who have been waiting for this project to be subbed by WITHS2. We'll try to work on it, but don't expect us to be as good and fast as WITHS2 is :P

Thanks BON and WITHS2!! Don't what I'd do without you guys subbing... :D

Wish this series was longer, but I'll be very happy to see the 2eps. The screen caps look great!

This drama should get more attention. It's too cute for words and funny as heck.

I don't understand Korean, so I kinda just skimmed through the episodes and I still find it delightful.

Thank goodness BON is taking on this project...I can't wait.

Guest jun_bin

does anyone has eng sub [i want .srt or .ssa file]? i cant understand korean and chinese T^T

thanks

I think you should read all posting here if you going ask this question...

Archived