[drama 2007] Legend Of Hyang Dan/향단전

Guest jun_bin

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest EUNSHIHAE

this drama is so cute and funny!! Siwon is such a good actor, he and Seo Ji Hye have really good chemistry!

if only this drama was longer. Still worth it though, hope that Siwon and JiHye work together soon.

wanted to add my "me too" among all the others requesting eng subs... really hope one of the fansubbing groups decides to pick this one up... choi si won look so cute... :wub:

Guest zgeneration

omo..omo.....i hope the english sub will be out anytime soon...

i watch it..but i wanna know what are they saying....>_<

Uhuhuhuhuhu...T_T

i also thought that the drama portrayed parts of the story hyonyuh shim chung as well.

like the part about the father being blind and her being sacrificed on the boat. :]

yes .i think they did mentioned abit of Shim Chung is in this drama ^^ i only know bits abt that tale ..that she is a good daughter who scarifice alot for her father .. the role model for filial piety

lol and those two ghosts ..who were sitting on the rooftop . are they Janghwa, Hongryeon ..their story was adapted in A Tale of Two Sisters .

what other folktales did they used in this drama ? .the famous doc Ho Jun, also appeared too .~ lol

the singing trio was hilarous .~ lol are they real singing group ..i got a surprise when they suddenly turn this into a musical drama kek ..

this drama is fun and cute ^^.~ and i like the hyang dan ....and mong ryong pair

*anyone who had watch Fantasy couple ..lol did you hear that familar music theme from Fantasy couple when Hyang dan jumped into the river .... then i went to check ...the PD for this drama is also the same for Fantasy couple ..~ !

Guest reallyAmused

I know there's been alot of requests here in this thread. And I have nothing to contribute (except my obsession over Mr. Simba) but I was wondering if anyone wants to make caps of the show and share?

This will probably be ignored but it's nice knowing I tried :sweatingbullets:

ah so sad to have to send the man she loved to another woman .~~ ..

K-20070903-233621-0.jpg

K-20070903-233625-6.jpg

K-20070903-233627-2.jpg

---------------

ah i found a english version for the story of Janghwa, Hongryeon , for those who want to know more abt this pair of sister^^

by:Sibauchi

"The original story of A Tale of Two Sisters"

The movie A Tale of Two Sisters is loosely based on a classic Korean novel (which is also based on a local folktale) .

I have yet to see the movie (I wanna go back to Korea T.T) but still I thought some of you might be interested in the original story the film's based on.

The governor of Chulsan (in the Pyung-An regian) lost his wife, and he re-marries with a woman who is vile and wicked and ugly.

She fears that when the governor's two daughters, Jang-Hwa and Hong-Ryun get married, they will take a large amount of dowry with them, therefore leaving little to her own son. So she abuses the sisters harshly and even tricks the father into believing that Jang-Hwa aborted an illegitimate child. Then the stepmother, with her son, forces Jang-Hwa to drown herself in a remote pond.

Hong-Ryun longs for her older sister and drowns herself in the same pond.

Their father is devastated and is moved to govern another town.

After that, the sisters appear to the governors to seek justice, but all of them freaks out to death. Then a young governor is tough enough to overcome his fears and listen to the sisters, and he promtly executes the stepmother and her son and gives the sisters a proper burial.

Later, the father marries another woman who gives birth to twin daughters, re-incarnatons of the sisters. They grow up to marry a pair of twin brothers, who become high officers.

======

that why u see them going to the governor in the drama ^^trying to tell him about the wrong they suffered .lol but he was fainted upon seeing them

Archived