[drama 2007] Legend Of Hyang Dan/향단전

Guest jun_bin

Guest atreyu112

i wonder, does anyone going to sub this drama? i want to watch these two acting.. seo ji hye is one of my fav actress and same goes with shi won!

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest SillyYun

oh wow! hes acting in ancient drama..lol how is he gonna speak ancient korean :P

i hope it turns out well! he looks cute in that!

Guest deNain

SHIWON!!!I can't wait to see his back in the screen. I hope his acting skill will getting better.

And yeah..I also hope they will make the eps longer rather than just two eps. This story is the story before the MongRyong meet the ChunHyang right? It's the legend story. Wonder who the PD and hope it will be interesting as the Chunhyang. BTW the lead girl also is pretty but never heard her name before. Hope they will make a good couple.

Guest bwitched

SHIWON!!!I can't wait to see his back in the screen. I hope his acting skill will getting better.

And yeah..I also hope they will make the eps longer rather than just two eps. This story is the story before the MongRyong meet the ChunHyang right? It's the legend story. Wonder who the PD and hope it will be interesting as the Chunhyang. BTW the lead girl also is pretty but never heard her name before. Hope they will make a good couple.

she's seo Ji Hye from Over the rainbow, the girl that was rumoured to take the lead alongside Kim Rae Won in Gourmet but who had eventually turned down the drama for another drama with Ahn Jae wook and Hwanee from FTTS.

She sure is a hot stuff now.

Btw, i love her and I'm so excited to see this twisted version. I hope some fansub teams will sub this...:)

Guest romanesque_

Seeing Si Won in a drama, even for 2 episodes would really make me happy.

I'll be looking forward to this.

Hopefully some kind soul would sub it as well.

she's seo Ji Hye from Over the rainbow, the girl that was rumoured to take the lead alongside Kim Rae Won in Gourmet but who had eventually turned down the drama for another drama with Ahn Jae wook and Hwanee from FTTS.

She sure is a hot stuff now.

Btw, i love her and I'm so excited to see this twisted version. I hope some fansub teams will sub this...:)

She was also in My sister in law is 19.. she was yoon kyesang's sister in the drama.

Guest klovesj

oooh Shiwon!!!!!!!! Def cooool. :) Saw the preview on the coffee prince special. It was endearing to see him :D Look forward this show but I dunno if I'm goin' to watch it that soon. So many dramas!!!:w00t:

Guest eunhyung

I just found out about this and it's airing tomorrow =O

storyline sounds funny, a twist to the legend of Choon-hyang haha

plus Siwon and Seo Jihye are in it...sounds awesome <3

ooo excited to see shiwon on the screen again!!

i don't know what the original story plot was but this looks funny so i think i'll give it a try~

the story goes like this ^^ if i rem correctly , mong ryong saw chun hyang while she was on a swing .

Korean Folk Tale: Chun Hyang Jeon

November 8, 2005

Korean folk tale ?Chun Hyang Jeon? has been adapted into movies and the latest adaptation of the classic folk tale has received favourable reaction from critics in Cannes Film Festival.

Once upon a time, there was a Ki-sang named Wolmae who had a beautiful daughter Sung Chun Hyang. They lived together in Namwon village and one day, Lee Mong-nyong, son of the village?s magistrate, saw Chun Hyang and fell in love at first sight: they promised each other they?ll live together for 100 years.

However, Mong-nyong had to move to the capital Hanyang following his father: he promised Chun Hyang that he?ll come back after passing the exam to become a government official. In the meantime, new and greedy magistrate Byun Hak-do of Namwon had previously heard about Chun Hyang?s beauty and wanted her to serve him. Since Chun Hyang had already promised Mong-nyong she will remain his, she refused Byun Hak-do?s proposal. Furious, he imprisoned Chun-Hyang and tortured her in order to change her mind.

Mong-nyong studied hard and finally became a secret royal inspector called Am-Heang-Uh-Sa. He came back to Namwon and heard about Byun?s tyranny over the village and Chun Hyang?s faithfulness and sufferings. He appeared as a beggar in front of Chun Hyang and discovered her love hadn?t changed even if she were to be executed the next day.

Following day, in the middle of Byun?s birthday party, Mong-nyong showed up as Am-Heang-Uh-Sa, and he punished all the corrupted governors and saved Chung Hyang. The story ends happily and the story showcases how true love can survive even if situations are dire. In addition, by resisting against the corrupt official, especially as a woman, people could express their lamentation. It also embraces the equality between men and women. In Namwon, there?s Chun Hyang village where you can find all the places you see in the story, such as Chun Hyang?s house. Also the Chun Hyang festival is held regularly to promote Chun hyang?s chastity and her high spirit.

by Hanie Seo

http://www.neoasie.com/e107_plugins/conten....php?content.77

==

in this drama i think the story goes like this

one day , in the middle of the night , a masked man sneaked into the house of Chun Hyang . He was being chased by the soliders. Hyang Dan [ who is the maid of the house ] happen to saw him and help him escape from the soliders. thinking that he is the famous theif who steal to help the needy .

however , he is the theif's friend :Lee Mong-ryong . Though Mong ryong and Hyang Dan felt attracted to each other . soon Hyang Dan learnt that Mong ryong is the man which Wolmae [mother of Chun Hyang ] and Chun Hyang had set their eyes on .

While Mong ryong tried all ways and means to met Hyan Dan alone . due to threats by wolmae, Hyagn Dan had to always appeare with Chun Hyang .

Hyang Dan tried to conceal her own true feelings and wanted to help paired up Chun Hyang and Mong ryong . However , all her attmptes turned out differently from what she had hope to achieve. Seeing this , Wolmae and Bang ja [servant of Mong ryong who is secretly in love with Hyan dan ] tried ways to stop them .

Archived