2007 Sm Global Auditions, New York

soompihelpdesk

yes, another topic.

9/30 is the date.

AUTO SOLUTION

150-03 Northern BLVD #1Fl.

Flushing, N.Y. 11354

Time: 2 P.M ~ 9P.M (Registration: 2 p.m. to 8 p.m.)

i'll be really detailed with my story.

so i met up with some soompiers then we took the train to get to flushing. on the way to AUTO SOLUTION i saw a SM global audition poster but it was ripped but we still screamed for it. (= lol anyway then when we got there it was before 1. there was some ppl there already. then i forgot when it really opened the doors.

then as we got in the staff gave the application to ppl and thats where we can take some posters (i took the DBSK and SuJu one) then when i was in i was like "OMG thats so small" cause i expected it to be bigger. I filled out the form and everything and waited a while to give it in cause I didn't wanna go that early. Then thats where I heard some soompiers said Stella Kim was here. So I gave my form. and got number 55 in RM A.

I just went and practice before they called our number. And took pics of Stella. lolol. my group was 52-56. the group before took like over 15 mins then they skipped our group i was like wtf -.- then they went to 57-61 i think and they took even longer. like 20 mins? i guess they interested in some of them?

My group was one girl which was 52 , a korean boy which was 53, my friend was 54, i was 55 and my other friend was 56. then when we got in it was a little before 4? when i went in the rooms are like smaller than school bathrooms? there were 2 judges and one who only knew korean held the camera and the other was a translator?

we all had to say our NAME, AGE, and NUMBER. the girl who went first had such a good voice. =D then next came that korean boy he sang a korean song. when he said his age i was like O_O cause he looked over 18. then when my friend came she forgot her lyrics and kept repeating it wrong so then the judges skipped her and went to me then go back to her later. i was nervous and i had a little pause in the begining. i sang a korean song but im not korean so i felt even more nervous. i was so off tune >< and i said it wronggg. so im not =/ after i was done, then my other friend went.

Then it was the rhythm test but I didn't remember which song it was cause I was too scared about before. The first 2 ppl danced. The camera was on that korean boy the whole time. seems like they were interested. they asked him some questions but i couldnt hear but i heard they asked him what his age was again. I like how the korean boy dance. But our group was so short it took a little over 5 mins. sighh* but yeah like honestly, i did horribleeee.

there was some cute guys there lol =]] and there were these 3 tall girls that i noticed and i think they were auditioning for model. also Stella wouldnt allow to sign autographs cause one soompier asked lol. she was tall and really skinny. her heels were about 1 inch. she was taller than me when she passes by me and im like 5"7. shes really pretty IMO and from the pics I took she reminds me of yuri and yoona from snsd. idk why lol.

after all it was nice. but embarressing. ahhh oh well. i wonder did anyone get in in NY. here's some pics i took.

i HAD pics of Stella, but i don't think im allowed to post.

Audition Place.

DSC06188.jpg

DSC06189.jpg

DSC06191.jpg

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest lucky star

i'm surprised no one's posted yet! i definitely want to, but i'm still

not sure.. i've never auditioned for anything in my life before haha

Guest JuliaYYK

oh i wanna audition~

i've never done any auditions before as well..so how old are you guys and what are you guys gonna audition for?

i am gonna be 19 and i am gonna audition for singing~

Guest lucky star

i'm 15, but i kind of want to wait until i'm 17 to audition but

who knows if they'll come back? it's worth a shot! haha.

i'm gonna audition for singing but i kind of want to keep it a

secret from my family.. they're supportive and all but they're

SO nosy! if i don't get called back or anything, it'll be upsetting

if they keep asking about it haha

Guest NSTYLE;;

I'm 14 and im going to audition :D

but then im scared :T

like i've been in concerts singing.

but then that was well .. it was like you know. with a group and etc.

T_T..

agh.

i already applied for it,

may as well TRY :D

Guest CtlunatC

saveeet. nyc audition thread lol

hey i have a question. is this the NY for the State of NY or the New Jersey NY??? cause there's like two.. or something........

i'm 16 i just turned like 6 days ago XD and i'm gona be auditioning for singing and dancing. me mad nervous cause i've never done a inperson audition so i'm like MUST TRAIN!!!!! and i gotta do SAT prep stuff >.< i want to go and i hope to go

Guest Xingda

i might be going but i don't think im ready. i haven't found my own singing style and i would wait another year but there's no guanrantee they'll come every year. Also i just think the chances are so low i'm not sure if its worth the trouble. i have to take the train there from boston and get back the same day...w/o my parents noticing which means i have to pay for the train :wacko: enough of my complaining.

i'm 15, but i kind of want to wait until i'm 17 to audition but

who knows if they'll come back? it's worth a shot! haha.

i'm gonna audition for singing but i kind of want to keep it a

secret from my family.. they're supportive and all but they're

SO nosy! if i don't get called back or anything, it'll be upsetting

if they keep asking about it haha

omg i know what you mean.. except my parents are less supportive lol

JaeMinluvr85 i think someone in the sm auditions thread said like 23 or 24. anyhow, i'm sure you are young enough

Guest CtlunatC

i might be going but i don't think im ready. i haven't found my own singing style and i would wait another year but there's no guanrantee they'll come every year. Also i just think the chances are so low i'm not sure if its worth the trouble. i have to take the train there from boston and get back the same day...w/o my parents noticing which means i have to pay for the train :wacko: enough of my complaining.

omg i know what you mean.. except my parents are less supportive lol

JaeMinluvr85 i think someone in the sm auditions thread said like 23 or 24. anyhow, i'm sure you are young enough

DUDE I'M FROM BOSTON TOO!!! well actually i'm in the suburb but boston is like my second home lol

Guest vickixb0o

i sent in an email today... does anyone know the cutoff age? like for audition cuz im 21 lol

JaeMin i dun think theres a cutoff age~ =]

like i sed b4 i'm not sure yet i mite wait another year nd learn how to dance >< nd practice my vocal more buh we dunno if they coming next year so yea~

buh if i do go i'm goin to b audition for singing =D

wells since we talkin age xD im 16 =p

saveeet. nyc audition thread lol

hey i have a question. is this the NY for the State of NY or the New Jersey NY??? cause there's like two.. or something........

i'm 16 i just turned like 6 days ago XD and i'm gona be auditioning for singing and dancing. me mad nervous cause i've never done a inperson audition so i'm like MUST TRAIN!!!!! and i gotta do SAT prep stuff >.< i want to go and i hope to go

NY is New York && NJ is New Jersey~

i noe what u mean by SAT prep girl ><

Guest JuliaYYK

haha..

everyone's worrying about SATs..i know how you guys feel..

i am just glad i don't need to take it anymore since i am in college..LOL..

i think 24 or 25 is kinda like the "cutoff" age..

but you know..SM doesn't really tell you..so..just try it!

NY means in New York City i guess..i am still figuring out if they are talking about in NY state or city..

but definitely not New Jersey~

i personally think that 16 is good enough for you to audition..lol..

i still haven't sent my email yet..no photos!!

Guest misslinnerzz

i'm just wondering, are we able to audition more than twice for SM?

like we go this year, and maybe try auditioning next year?

Guest mizzmacy08

Hmmm, I want to audition too=)

but I can't. New york? ugh...to far.=/

Maybe next year or whenever.

I'll probably be so nervous since I never audition before.

Guest nightfall738

haha..

everyone's worrying about SATs..i know how you guys feel..

i am just glad i don't need to take it anymore since i am in college..LOL..

i think 24 or 25 is kinda like the "cutoff" age..

but you know..SM doesn't really tell you..so..just try it!

NY means in New York City i guess..i am still figuring out if they are talking about in NY state or city..

but definitely not New Jersey~

i personally think that 16 is good enough for you to audition..lol..

i still haven't sent my email yet..no photos!!

it doesn't matter where you are. you can be in massachusetts and still come to nyc to audition.

i auditioned last year, but didn't do so well cause my voice sounded too "ordinary" xD so i think I'll dance this year first ^^

Guest KaiIem

of course you can.!

unless... they dont have global next year

Haha, yeah. I don't think they're going to have another Global Auditions next year...

I'm thinking they just did one this year because they're lacking in numbers of trainess (in total contrast to those who think they have a ton of trainess :P )

Cause I saw this thread in Soompi and they just had about seven or so female trainees left (because most debuted in SNSD) and about ten male trainees so..?? Ha, I don't know though. (:

Guest simply_dream

i think everybody who is scared or whatever should definitely just go to gain the experience, last year i went knowing absolutely nothing, but after i was done, i was like, hey it was nothing! let's do it again. but then again now it's another year and the last time i audition was a year ago so i am unsure about that "let's do it again" idea

not to burst anyone's bubbles but the chance of them accepting you ain't all that high it's like 1 out of a 500 chance or something *dont hit me lol* so even if you go you cant be expecting too much aside from the fun and the experience so why not just go and see what will happen

anyhow i think this thread should become a thread to organize a meetup for those who are scared to go by themselves, last year someone organized it and a bunch of soompiers all went together, altho we just met, at least we had someone we knew by our side =)

Guest nightfall738

i think everybody who is scared or whatever should definitely just go to gain the experience, last year i went knowing absolutely nothing, but after i was done, i was like, hey it was nothing! let's do it again. but then again now it's another year and the last time i audition was a year ago so i am unsure about that "let's do it again" idea

not to burst anyone's bubbles but the chance of them accepting you ain't all that high it's like 1 out of a 500 chance or something *dont hit me lol* so even if you go you cant be expecting too much aside from the fun and the experience so why not just go and see what will happen

anyhow i think this thread should become a thread to organize a meetup for those who are scared to go by themselves, last year someone organized it and a bunch of soompiers all went together, altho we just met, at least we had someone we knew by our side =)

lol last year was very fun, but i felt depressed after wards. great to know we have another chance!

hey lets all meet up again =D

Archived