Whats That Surgical Mask Like Thing Uhljjangs Wear?

Guest OMGITSJIMINxD

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

wear it in america and people will say you have SARS =_=

i know, because i was wearing it to class after i got done with my dental major in high school and i was coughing a lot that day cause i was sick and they looked @ me and said it, i was like "=_= damn them."

If you had SARS they would lock you up in a hospital -_- those kids are idiots. A piece of cloth isn't gonna save their lives. You should have come up to one of them and be like 'hey I don't get this question can you *cough* help *cough**cough* me.....? ' hahaha that should freak them out.

Guest dysphoria

these things didn't start because of SARS as one user posted ...

in asia, people wear them because of the bad pollution. especially for motorcyclists, they wear them in taiwan.

people can wear them to try and block out bad smells.

also for when they are sick, and they don't want germs to spread to others, they wear that.. and also for when they cough XP

i guess it could be a fashion statement somewhat.. since there are the ones with designs on them to make them not look so plain, like the regular flu mask types...

Guest miss_kizuna

LMAO.

ehh this is one of the most ordinary things you can buy.. in taiwan they're especially popular b/c the air is so bad. you see a lot of them being sold on the street.

i usually wear one while dusting/vacuuming.

Guest MOOVERDOSE

WHY do they wear those for fashion? since when were surgical masks considered in STYLE?! since when was covering up half your face with a piece of cloth considered CUTE?!

=_=

Those were used in Hong Kong back then when SARS was still around.

:lol: That's what I'm thinking as well.

I don't see how Surgical Masks are cute. :mellow: They're just Surgical Masks.

Guest Atmosphere.

I never found them cute o___o;;

Lol and I thought you meant surgical mask as in when they wear it, their face will change into beautiful form LOL!

I was scared ATM! O_O

Anyways, a lot of uhljjang do wear it, that is interesting.

I guess they want to hide their identity.

And I thought sunglasses were better. But goodness <_<

Guest deyanafu

lol. this is funny. in my place when it hazes real bad/the air is really dirty, the shops are stocked with these masks. in korea they wear it because of the yellow dust? the air turns yellow and dirty? i think, it is called hwangsa.

when i was in Japan i saw a few people wearing them..

but i don't know if i would want to wear them..

unless i am really sick or seomthing

it's not really a fashion statement, is it?

wouldn't people think you're SICK and glare at you??

and don't wear this in the US, you'll probably get stopped by the police or soemthing

Guest tokyochicdoll

i didnt start out as a fashion statement dudes xD;

they just wore them cuz the air was bad.. and instead of creepy white ones they decided to design them better...

and then at the end the younger ones took them and made them "in fashion"

but yeah they creep me out too @_@

LOL! i work at a nail salon and we have to wear them when we do fake nails cause the grinding of the nails releases harmful particles. We all look like idiots wearing them... so yeah. Not fashionable at all.

Guest OMGITSJIMINxD

haha thanks for everyones replies

I have finally made one ( my mom made it actually) and wore one to school =D <-- crazy I know

that day I was sick and got those really nasty mucus coughs =[ anyways for fashion I wouldn't know causse that day I wore inuyasha kimono and the mask was blue @.@ SO it matched really well

for regualr clothing ..yes the mask would look ridiculous

thank you

Guest rasppery

hey thats cute!

i believe if you wear it and walk around in singapore streets, probably pple will jus stare at you and walk away.

they thought you have some sort of disease!

wahahas

A lot of Visual Kei ppl wear it. Anyways it's called a "face mask" and I think the gothic site that one of the repliers were talking about was www.lolita-kisama.com which sells a variety of these. Here's the link directly to the face masks: https://www.lolita-kisama.com/shop/index.php?cPath=134_186

Hoped that helped!! XD

Guest smile-jw

Well..Of course I wouldnt wear the plain white ones outside.

Looks strange.

I would wear the mask that TOP is wearing though.

That one could be counted as "fashion" I guess..

Not the white ones though. :x

Archived