Whats That Surgical Mask Like Thing Uhljjangs Wear?

Guest OMGITSJIMINxD

i had to wear one once cause i was spray painting. its actually pretty uncomfortable because it kept slipping down my face.

but i think you can buy them at hardwear stores & super markets or something.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest sulfuric_ACID

hey i had one of those! hello kitty ones haha..me and my friend went to hk and we bought it for fun hehe cause it looked cute. it helped block out some weird smells in the streets

Guest x_shinae

you can just buy them...

i wouldnt know why anyone would want to wear them when they're not sick tho

EVERYONE in korea wears them. It's NOT a fashion statement. they need to wear it at times because the pollution in the air gets so bad that a layer of white-dustlike-smog covers everything and its dangerous to breathe in. Whenever that happens, everyone goes indoors.

Guest China-doll

LOL oh yeah those things I think it started after the SARS thing >.>''

They even have hello kitty ones now T_T''

I saw this korean girl wear a white one one time in school and boy did she get a lot of stares LOL

Guest Xingda

maybe celebs wear them for disguise?? or you know those days when you look terrible...

i've seen people in tokyo wearing them...but they weren't liek decorative or made otu of fabric they were legit doctors thingys. i thought it was cuz of the pollution or something

Guest yummy_cake

everytime, i see a person wearing that , im just like :

"SHE/HE have SARS"

*RUNS*

>.<

well, that was only one time ^^;;;

Guest Love Virus

I know what thoses aree gahh

can't reember the korean name for it =____=

I think is/was pretty common around korea, japan, not sure about china

you wear it during winter so you won't catch cold but now it's just a trend XD

whe n I see them I think babari man so not much of a trend to my brain :T

Guest xl0v3juicy

Why would ANYONE want to wear this?? I had to wear one when I transferred planes in Hong Kong (yes, during SARS)..... and NEVER again will I EVER want to wear one of those D=. Try keeping it on your face for 13 hours with like everyone else around you coughing and coughing.... I don't know how I made it out of there alive lol. But yeah, it also stinks after a while and the area its covering gets all hot and humid :(.

Anyway, if I saw someone wearing one on the streets... I would SERIOUSLY turn and walk away. It looks like they have some kind of crazy contagious disease. So yeah, if its just a cold... don't even BOTHER wearing it. It's not cute lol o_o.

edit* oh, so I read the posts after I posted lol. I guess you wouldn't look too out of place wearing one of those in asia... but you live in the states, so yeah.

wear it in america and people will say you have SARS =_=

i know, because i was wearing it to class after i got done with my dental major in high school and i was coughing a lot that day cause i was sick and they looked @ me and said it, i was like "=_= damn them."

in korea, people usually wear it when they have a cold

and don't want to cough on people...

but yeah, some people can pull it off as fashion.

some stars wear it when they don't want to get noticed..

but sometimes, it attracts attention.

it's definitely not considered fashionable in the U.S..

Buy it! :D It freaks me out sometimes...

Once I was at an airport in Taipei, and a guy started putting on his mask once I entered the room. I was offended. >_< Because I thought he didn't want my err...illness? even if I didn't have one. Maybe he was sick, so yeah, idk. xD

Guest prelude

I wear it in Taiwan when riding a motorcycle. The smoke doesn't get to you as often. I never really thought of it as "fashion" though... it's hard to breathe in it!

HAHAHA, people really want these?

Someone/We/I should do a survey in the S&T thread to see how many people want it. (if it can be found)

I'll be scary to see someone walking the streets of the US in one of them though. LMAO.

Guest xbaaByette

You can buy a box of like 100+ for like 1.15 here O___O

They're EVERYWHERE seriously, it's not hard to find at all .

I don't get why people where them outside besides avoiding getting sick, like ulzzangs take pictures of themselves with them on .. is it fashion ?

Guest talk;;DIRTY

i wear one when i'm sick and have to been in a really cramped room with a bunch of people (like at school)! they're not meant to be a fashion statement. i know in russia they're worn for sickness or when the pollution level is really high and people don't want to breathe in the air. it's the same in korea, from what i've read here and my friends have said (?). in america you can buy them for fairly cheap in any pharmacy. not exactly the same type but close, we get ours at the korean or japanese markets because there are ones there made of clothe and the russian ones are plastic and a minute in them KILLS your ability to breathe. LOL.

Archived