Korean Hip-Hop

Guest Plissken

Guest JayCy90

T.O.P. was part of underground before he debuted.

Yea,.. It was said that T.O.P was in the underground before as Tempo. Heard that he won some rap competition or something?.. Can't really remember. From what is stated in the previous posts, underground rappers ain't really good looking ,eh?... I find T.O.P is really HOT for a person who used to be in the underground. :phew:

Heard songs from Drunken Tiger before, their songs didn't really stick to me. Maybe I'll try others that people mentioned..Wish me luck in finding their songs ^^

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest JayCy90

Thanks everybody for the recommendations^^

I like MC Mong's latest album Intro and Ice-Cream. Eventhough, it's not exactly korean hiphop.. haha :D

I'm really into a downloading spree at the moment. lol. At first I thought I'll be difficult to find underground music but I'm suprised that they're actually quite easy to find ,if you know where to find them... ^^

Downloaded so many that haven't really get to listen to all of them properly.

So far, I've got and currently downloading

-MC Mong 1st , 2nd and 3rd album

-MC Hansai 4th and 5th ( Can't find his 1st,2nd ,3rd though)

-MC Sniper 1st and 2nd

-TBNY

-Dynamic Duo

And random songs from

-BaeChigi( though I'm not sure wether they're underground or not)

-Honey Family

-Side-B

-FreeStyle

-P-Type

I have one from NBK Gray. Who is he??

Is he an underground artist??

Guest Rachel Lee.

here are some of my favs:

-baechigi

-mcsniper

-drunken tiger

-rnp

-kai

-jey

-kflow

-45rpm

-madrapper

-dynamic duo

-bounce

-cb mass

-tasha<3.

i love 1tym, epik, bigbang, mcmong, & all of them, but i would count them as more pop than hiphop. i <3 baechigi & tasha the most though. BAECHIGI FO SHIZ<3. even though they resemble mcsniper cause they made songs together & apparently were raised by him as well, i prefer baechigi. i haven't heard mcsniper's new works. hmm.

i would count baechigi as underground.

Guest Take Five

Thanks everybody for the recommendations^^

I like MC Mong's latest album Intro and Ice-Cream. Eventhough, it's not exactly korean hiphop.. haha :D

I'm really into a downloading spree at the moment. lol. At first I thought I'll be difficult to find underground music but I'm suprised that they're actually quite easy to find ,if you know where to find them... ^^

Downloaded so many that haven't really get to listen to all of them properly.

So far, I've got and currently downloading

-MC Mong 1st , 2nd and 3rd album

-MC Hansai 4th and 5th ( Can't find his 1st,2nd ,3rd though)

-MC Sniper 1st and 2nd

-TBNY

-Dynamic Duo

And random songs from

-BaeChigi( though I'm not sure wether they're underground or not)

-Honey Family

-Side-B

-FreeStyle

-P-Type

I have one from NBK Gray. Who is he??

Is he an underground artist??

you know where i can get side-b or p-type?

Guest stellabella

Aww makes me sad to see all these negative comments about YG. I love YG Family and I've always considered them a mostly hip hop label. Like one of the previous posters said, if it ain't "real" hip hop to you, you at least have to hand it to them that they've got talent. I'm really into the underground hip hop scene as well but I'm not ashamed at all to admit that I absolutely love 1TYM and Big Bang. Jinusean is ehhh. Stony Skunk is apart of YG though, I believe. That's some good stuff.

Guest cindel25

YG Family is synonymous to Bad Boyz, proclaiming hiphop but really using it as a facade to sell.

Yeah cause nobody proclaims hip hop to sell :rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Jesse S.

Korean Hip Hop? Isn't that like an oxy moron. :)

I like Masta Wu's delivery.

Drunken Tiger The Legend of, that was dope.

I saw someone mention Yoon Hee Joong (3534).

I just found his cd he released back in 99' Good CD.

What happened to that dude?

Also found another oldie.. Digital Masta's Album with some appearances with Ginwon aka Masta Wu and Teddy from 1TYM.

The last time I was living in Korea was 01 and I kinda stopped listening to K-pop/hip hop for a long time.

I feel old already.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest rainysunday

YG Family is synonymous to Bad Boyz, proclaiming hiphop but really using it as a facade to sell.

I totally agree. I know a lot of people love Big Bang and think they're SOOOOO hardcore and whatever but I'm just not seeing how they're any better than any other commercial rappers out there. YG tries way too hard to make their artists seem to have street credibility but their weak rhymes reflect otherwise.

Guest the7REAL.

I totally agree. I know a lot of people love Big Bang and think they're SOOOOO hardcore and whatever but I'm just not seeing how they're any better than any other commercial rappers out there. YG tries way too hard to make their artists seem to have street credibility but their weak rhymes reflect otherwise.

While you are entitled to your own opinion, please don't assume that everyone thinks Big Bang is SOOOOOOO hardcore like oh em eff gee! Whoever thinks that, must be an idiot, because those boys wouldn't harm a fly...er...except for maybe Top :mellow: ...While, it's no surprise that I am a indeed a fan of Big Bang (ahem, refer to fangirl-ish sig..=P) I am aware that Big Bang aren't the epitome of Hip-Hop, but they do borrow some elements of Hip Hop, and R&B, and Pop, Rock and Ballads, and do rap, but it's this ability to be flexible as artists that I do respect them for, as well as the hardwork, live performances, sweat and blood that these boys put into their work as artists and because of this, they shouldn't just be brushed off as another boy band(or in this case, for some reason you think people think they are hardcore), instead they should at least be recognized as valid artist in the music industry, nothing less nothing more. This also goes with YG....I don't know what kind of 'street credibility' you are talking about that seems to be advertised by YG, but if anything, what is wrong with trying to get your artists heard somewhere or anywhere? Now, back to Big Bang being hardcore?! What gave you that notion? LOL. they look like flower boys in my sig...@_@;; If you have heard anyone call Big Bang hardcore, maybe it was because of their early pictures when they had that 'blue steel' look on their faces that made all the teenyboppers classify them as 'gangster-looking & hardcore'? As for weak rhymes, that's up to the individual^^ but I must say their recent single 'Dirty Cash' in terms of lyrical meaning and a deeper sense into something related to morals and ethics in society is something to be heard~ GD and Top, while they may not be your favorite rappers, both of their styles are unique, if they could just be taken seriously without being under the veil of a popular group right now.

You know who I REALLY like right now, I want to bash my ears for not finding out about them sooner...

Epik High=masterful.

• Guest unpinned this topic

Archived