Korean Hip-Hop

Guest Plissken

Guest THEmerryJANE

Drunken Tiger is ok, but they're not that great. I like a few of their songs, mainly because of the produced track though.

Raekwon is Korean, I'm telling you. Best Korean MC ever.

Oh, and Redman can "freak it in Korean."

lol but isn't Redman really part Korean?

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest THEmerryJANE

oh are you serious? I had no idea.

Well that's what Wikipedia says anyway.

He's not like half black half Korean though. Just a small percentage.

Guest SeOuLjAh

naw jaye, Redman is really part Korean (I think it was his grandma that was Korean... don't remember)

Haven't been listening to like any new khiphop these days, but I mess with the Movement stuff excluding a couple members that I find wack (YDG is one of them and couple others). I think only non Movement khiphop acts I've checked out are Trespass and Keeproots, who I both happen to like.

Guest mangujowa

haha

lee hyun do.

he's kinda short in real life.

and still has that nose stud.

but he's nice. =]

and he makes me call him oppa even though he's like twice my age.

=___="

but the few times I met him; I had no idea that he was such a big legend. I was born around when he debuted; he said. =__=" and I got into kpop when I was 5, which was right after duex broke up cuhs the other guy died. Lee Hyun Do won't talk about the other duex guy though; he said not to talk about him to this unni....

Guest supakoreanflyguy

I really bothers me how people say Epik High "use to be cool" but now they're too mainstream. If the reason you don't like them now is because all the sudden they're popular, then that's just stupid.

And then if you want to say "oh well their music changed", that's also not true. Yes, their singles are a bit fast and have a little bit of pop flavor in them, but if you listen to the other tracks on the Swan Songs album, they're really just as god as their older albums, if not better.

Anyhow, I really recommend Epik High. Powerful lyrics and hard beats.

Fact is they aren't as good as they use to be. Their lyrics were awesome before now its just crap like 1tym and the rest of YG.

Most of the 1tym and etc. fans who declare they are hiphop cant describe the difference between hiphop and rap

Guest aceyalone

The new Freestyle is good (remixed version of old songs such as class hit Why (please tell me why))... my favorite song by them of course is...

Soul City.. so true the lyrics.

Guest stellabella

Jang Woo Hyuk all the way

:blink:

I really really really recommenc TBNY. I just resently got into them and even though they only have one album out, it's really good. If youre familiar with Epik High then you might recognize their voice.

I also really like 1TYM. Even if the lyrics aren't exactly what I'd call hip hop, the beats are really good. And it's even better for you if you don't understand korean. lol

Guest kittenmasks

^ TBNY's been around. They've done some collabs with other artists. You just gotta hunt around for them.

Paloalto & The Quiett are really good, too. If you like TBNY, you'll like them.

And I don't know where to classify Baechigi in this whole "underground" hierarchy that K-hiphop listeners have created, but I think they'd fall somewhere close to the sell out line than the "true" hiphop-ers, but they're worth a listen just the same.

• 1 month later...
Guest cherryonken

Who the hell are Big Bang?? That's a semi rhetoric question because theres a zillion photos of them in Korean Celeb Section but I see the word hip hop tagged on them. They look like little pretty boys wearing bape.

Guest Dah_jOkA

Who the hell are Big Bang?? That's a semi rhetoric question because theres a zillion photos of them in Korean Celeb Section but I see the word hip hop tagged on them. They look like little pretty boys wearing bape.

^hip hop as in hip pop is what they mean

yg = little pretty boys

sounds about right

ahha u bastards just made my day.

tired of all dem teeny boppers attaching HIP-HOP to YG

neways nebody got ne news on Tasha's solo album or DJ Shine? Last I heard tasha got signed onto JK's Label and Shine wes droppin a solo album, been wondering wth happend to him.

n wen is All Black gonna drop a EP? i wana cek dem lil pepo out.

n where the hell is CB MASS!?

mah B in advance i havent been keepin up to date

• 2 weeks later...

Archived