Korean Hip-Hop

Guest Plissken

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest A180585

i think he meant the majority of YG which i also think isnt that great. But 45rpm is an exception.

but i recommend everyone in the movement, they're good.

defconn is...a joke.

i seriously think the battle between underground fans n mainstream fans will never end....weird....cuz the artists themselves don't have grudges against each other...yet the fans seem to...

oh wellz....moving on...i DO recommend YG (for the mainstreamers and other hip hop fans)....and dynamic duo, Drunken tiger (probably the middle albums or earlier ones)...

and jane....i was thinking that too.....is it the same MC Mong? there's only one right? he's underground? since when? and they say masta wu isn't? and Mc Mong is? :blink:

Guest yg4lyfe

It's funny how the person who started the thread said "not artists like jinusean" and then someone actually lists jinusean. Don't people read before answering? It's not like the post was too long to read all of it; it was just two sentances.

lol cuz that person think JS is gud! get it?

lol GDlovesBee! u sooo funny!!

hehe and so tru!!

i wud reccommend YG FAMILY! MC MONG is good! i lyk Eun Ji Won too!

and Drunken Tiger! oh yea check out Etikid at etikid.net!

or his soundclick @ etikid! he's dope!! i swear u will lyk him!

Guest A180585

^^^ lol..i was gonna say etikid too...but thought no one would know....he's got good stuff too....ppl should check him out....

Ann-

Guest yg4lyfe

yub thnx to u Ann!!!

he's mad good!! i lyk the battle between him and KillaVu!

his luv song is damn good too!!!

Guest thezone

I think LeeSsang is the best thing Korea has to offer in all genres. They balance radio songs with more serious stuff very well.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest nakka

man i've always been down wid Epik High, bah it jes seems dat dere turnin dere backs on us, US! tha origonal fans dat got dem tha success dey have now for tha "newer pop" fans n ish. I mean by all means big ups to dem for making it big, bah mang i hate how dey say wun thing n do tha other. dey say how dey want to make music dere way and dey dont care wes others think YET dey make music dat appeals to more POP fans. i mean c'mon. keep ur S*** real.

still though, i give dem propz

Maybe if they started using illiterate netspeak in the rhymes would they be down with the "true" Epik High fans like yourself.

Would you prefer if they kept to one style and didn't evolve as artists just so they could please the people who happened to like them the first time around?

How exactly are they turning their backs on you? Your post shows you turning you back to them because suddenly the mainstream likes them.

You know what if the mainstream likes something it must be crap.

As for saying one thing and not making their music their way... how do you know this? Did you get this info from one of those friend of a friend's cousin's uncle twice removed?

Who's to say they didn't want to make music how it turned out on Swan Songs?

The Epik High crew don't seem like the type of people who would release an album with little to no creative input.

Fact is you're just annoyed that you aren't in a little exclusive imaginary club anymore.

Guest HK Tequila

We do deserve better from Epik High. They have only released three quality albums that have consistently evolved and gotten better. We Korean Hip-Hop fans shouldnt have to put up with this?!?!?

Guest chingdabing

joosuc is pretty iight. i have his first and third album.

mc mong is cool too.

uh ... 45rpm.

mc sniper.

that`s pretty much all i can say.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest nicolas012

last YDG album is great and also supremacy by paloalto and the quiett

well you can also check out this website www.hiphopplaya.com

Guest KeepinItReal

I used to be a medicore k hip hop fan but I snapped out of it and think that k hip hop is a joke. If Drunken Tiger is considered the best in Korean Hip Hop, shibal they still got a long way to go.

Guest THEmerryJANE

^

Same here. I'm not too big on Drunken Tiger.

Maybe I'll get into underground k-hiphop later to see if they really are worth listening to, but I'm lazy and I'll just stick to American hiphop for now.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest uiyoltan

^

Same here. I'm not too big on Drunken Tiger.

Maybe I'll get into underground k-hiphop later to see if they really are worth listening to, but I'm lazy and I'll just stick to American hiphop for now.

Drunken Tiger is ok, but they're not that great. I like a few of their songs, mainly because of the produced track though.

Raekwon is Korean, I'm telling you. Best Korean MC ever.

Oh, and Redman can "freak it in Korean."

Archived