• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest @shley

LianheZaobao11thSept2005_1.jpg

Korea’s Little Heavenly King Lee Dong Gun: “I’m Not A Qualified S.N.A.G.”

LianheZaobao11thSept2005_2.jpg

<< Lee Dong Gun Doesn’t Like His Killer Smile >>

Korea’s Little Heavenly King Lee Dong Gun is used to smiling while speaking ----- the left corner of his mouth will slowly comes up. And this smile is also his “killer weapon”.

But he says :” I don’t like my smile, going to the left side.”

He likes his goatee, and his girlfriend likes it too.

But the problem is, fans don’t like it.

Once LDG knows about this he says immediately:” Really? Then I’ll go back and shave it off then.”

LianheZaobao11thSept2005_3.jpg

LianheZaobao11thSept2005_4.jpg

Lead actors in Korean dramas tend to give the impression of being very chauvinistic, but will bring surprises to their girlfriends by paying attention to small details, therefore presenting a soft and sensitive side of them. Based on a Internet Korean survey “Male Artiste Most Likely To Help Parents or Wife in Cooking”, results show that LDG comes out tops in that poll.

Only Knows How To Cook Instant Noodles

But, when LDG accepts our interview, he says that he’s not a qualified S.N.A.G. (Sensitive New Age Guy). “ I only know how to cook instant noodles. But I can help my parents or my wife to buy dinner back.”

In this latest batch of Korean male artistes, what does LDG thinks when he is touted as a S.N.A.G.?

He says:” Firstly, this is a title given to me by my fans, and I thank them very much. I think, in order to be a S.N.A.G., he must have his own personality, character and style. Being himself will be best, but I’m not too sure whether I’m considered a S.N.A.G.” Humble but a perfect answer.

Ok, let’s give him another chance.

LDG’s favourite food is kimchi chigea, will he enter the kitchen and prepare a romantic meal for his love?

The answer is:” Of course I’ve thought about it, but now I haven got the time for it.”

The reporter suggested that he can cook together with his girlfriend, as it is economical and also promotes relationship bonding between the two of them.

But, LDG said:” I seldom do that, most of the time we’ll have our meals outside.” He also says that he doesn’t pick on food, being a food fanatic, he says that love resembles Italian cuisine, “ Because it feels romantic, very cool”.

Will Not Play The Piano To Attract Girls

LDG, who debuted as a singer, also knows how to play the piano, and in the eyes of females, this is a plus point. Is playing the piano infront of girls one of the ways to attract them for LDG?

He laughed and said:”That will definitely attract the attention of them, but I learn the piano is not because of attracting girls, but to compoae music. In actual fact I seldom play the piano infront of other people.”

Men do not shed tears, but men who do usually wins the girls’ hearts. LDG’s tears are very special, cuz they always fall from the left eye first. He doesn’t know why either. “Maybe it’s a handicap.” He said, half jokingly.

During acting, tears can flow freely, but in reality, LDG will never cry infront of girls, because “ It’s not manly”. As he says this, he shows his killer smile, whereby his left side of his mouth slowly goes up.

Being asked about this “killer weapon” of his, LDG said as-a-matter-of-factly:”I don’t like my smile, it always sides to the left.” Maybe it’s because of this that LDG likes girls who have perfect smiles. With this description, his rumoured girlfriend , co-star of <<Sweet 18>> and <<MBITB>>, Han Ji Hye comes to mind.

The reporter tested the waters and asked if LDG has met the ideal girl with the prefect smile.

But, LDG refuses to answer directly, he just brought the answer over:” Uh, met a lot of girls with beautiful smiles.”

Girlfriend Likes His Goatee

Recently came across an article on the Internet (the reporter), which shows the comparisons of before and after pictures of male artistes who have grown goatees, and LDG is noted as looking much cleaner and fresher without his goatee. LDG immediately says:”Really? Then I’ll go back and shave it off then.”, showing the humourous side of him. He also says that this is the first time he’s heard of this.

Although he himself likes this goatee of his, he feels that being natural is goodlooking, but his parents don’t like it.

What about his girlfriend then?

“She likes it.” A simple answer reflects the couple’s likes and interests.

LDG’s trip here to Singapore also includes the promotion of his two dramas which are out in VCDs <<Lovers in Paris>> and <<Stained Glass>>. From a supporting actor to a lead actor, there bears a similar characteristic in all of his roles, which is unconditional love. In real life, LDG is also serious towards love, protects his girlfriend and carefully maintaining this relationship.

Although news of him being attached is an open secret, he still did not reveal his girlfriend’s name. “This is because I care about my other half, although we’re in love, but thinking of how this will affect her, causing her unnecessary problems and hurt, I shall not reveal her name.” Even though pictures of him and Han Ji Hye dating are splashed across the Internet, he still refuses to talk about issues with regards to relationship. He says, only till his “Wedding Day”, that he will publicly announce it.

source: Lianhe Zaobao

translation: @shley~*

Guest skyelee21

Girlfriend Likes His Goatee

Recently came across an article on the Internet (the reporter), which shows the comparisons of before and after pictures of male artistes who have grown goatees, and LDG is noted as looking much cleaner and fresher without his goatee. LDG immediately says:”Really? Then I’ll go back and shave it off then.”, showing the humourous side of him. He also says that this is the first time he’s heard of this.

Although he himself likes this goatee of his, he feels that being natural is goodlooking, but his parents don’t like it.

What about his girlfriend then?

“She likes it.” A simple answer reflects the couple’s likes and interests.

Yeah? Well, I like his goatee too!!!

*sigh*

Man, I'm such a goner... *slapping head*

Oh, and if oppa knows only how to cook noodles, that's alright.

I can eat noodles all my life if he were the one who cooked them!!!

Guest @shley

and this is one of my fave articles. I am also one of those who let out the collective sighs and gasps when he walked past me. omg..... memories.... i wana cry ay..... and he literally walked out of the TV set for me ~*

StraitsTimes23rdJuly2005.jpg

Guest skyelee21

Awwww, you're one of the lucky ones, unni. Chongmalyo...

I would give anything to see him up close even for a moment.

*sigh*

I wonder what I'd feel...

If I'm gonna fall on the ground first, or if I'm gonna lose my mind.

:lol::lol::lol:

Guest @shley

Awwww, you're one of the lucky ones, unni. Chongmalyo...

I would give anything to see him up close even for a moment.

*sigh*

I wonder what I'd feel...

If I'm gonna fall on the ground first, or if I'm gonna lose my mind.

:lol::lol::lol:

yeah, and shook his hands ~* omg~* was literally stoning at the lobby after he went up after shaking our ahdns. omg ~* that was a classic ~*

Guest skyelee21

^ Ooh... family pics!

I like the one at the top. Look at oppa's face and hair... and go figure.

Hee!~

Don't worry, Juice...

I don't think these have been reposted just yet. *winks*

Guest @shley

have these pics been reposted here yet??? :) hehe, my mind's wandering~~~

ldgbros5uv.jpg

ldgfamily20uz.gif

ldgfamilyformal2zk.jpg

i'm so sorry if i wasn't able to take note of the sources...

kwenchana ~* any pictures we all love him in them~* *swoon*

Guest kellee

Yeah? Well, I like his goatee too!!!

*sigh*

Man, I'm such a goner... *slapping head*

Oh, and if oppa knows only how to cook noodles, that's alright.

I can eat noodles all my life if he were the one who cooked them!!!

sis.... take it easy!

goodness.... dreamers are going nuts

hehehe..... i'm one of them! :P

and this is one of my fave articles. I am also one of those who let out the collective sighs and gasps when he walked past me. omg..... memories.... i wana cry ay..... and he literally walked out of the TV set for me ~*

Sis, you're so lucky......that would be heaven for me! :rolleyes:

Guest r3bells

^ quel... aigoo! I cannot replace bells as a teacher!!!

I'm just her apprentice!

Hahahaha!!!

She is still the mentor...

yeapz! bells will forever be our mentor and as for sis mikks, she's DA QUEEN~* *bowing*

Hi shiverbaby~* kwenchana~* We'll re-build this thread and let it last through the 1 millionth page~* WAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAH! *looney* AJA AJA FIGHTING!!!!

Oppa!!! *tip-toes and gives a peck*

:P

ekekkeke~~~maybe u can take my place lee..

it's been ages till i post back in soompi and i lost my jaw already!!

ekekek~~

and rite now..i still cannot on9 anytime i want..

got bad luck nowadays with my crashing laptop..my turn on off handphone..my final exams!!

arrrghhh!!

gimme headache already :unsure::blink:

only oppa can cure it for me!!! :lol:

ekekek~~ :lol:

here's another picture..

oppa in shades:

img_18_1115_01112709447.jpg

photo5350.jpg

photo2585.jpg

omg .. omg omg ... i see bell .. aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa... i see belll ... oh my goodness ....

finally .... how are you sis ... long time no see ... miss you so much ..

lip day ..

2004072620024634.jpg

Guest r3bells

omg .. omg omg ... i see bell .. aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa... i see belll ... oh my goodness ....

finally .... how are you sis ... long time no see ... miss you so much ..

lip day ..

2004072620024634.jpg

omo!!omo!!

*screaming*sis mikks(getting insane in front my home pc!!)

how i miss u and my ym...

huhuhuhu~~~*crying*

Guest @shley

ekekkeke~~~maybe u can take my place lee..

it's been ages till i post back in soompi and i lost my jaw already!!

ekekek~~

and rite now..i still cannot on9 anytime i want..

got bad luck nowadays with my crashing laptop..my turn on off handphone..my final exams!!

arrrghhh!!

gimme headache already :unsure::blink:

only oppa can cure it for me!!! :lol:

ekekek~~ :lol:

here's another picture..

oppa in shades:

img_18_1115_01112709447.jpg

photo5350.jpg

photo2585.jpg

*screams* BELLS!!! my mentor!!!! I missed you! JJ texted me this morning to say Hi to youg uys cuz she has problems logging in to soompi ~*

:D

Good morning dreamers!

Suz & ashley..thanks for putting up family pictures .i put reference to this page at the profile..for those who wants to see his family picture. We will go so many pages soon and it will be hard to keep track if we will not put reference this early...we will put reference pages to all translated interviews, kiss pics.....

donggunfeet9fh.png

Good morning dreamers!

Suz & ashley..thanks for putting up family pictures .i put reference to this page at the profile..for those who wants to see his family picture. We will go so many pages soon and it will be hard to keep track if we will not put reference this early...we will put reference pages to all translated interviews, kiss pics.....

oohhh, great idea sis! :D

Archived