Lee Dong Gun 이동건

pinkdicentra

@Anna Fung You know Korean? Yes, I think the confusion is in the last part of his message. Based on my observation of his past messages and reactions after his last few dramas, I'm assuming it just means a feeling of loss now that it's the end of the drama. I don't think he's commenting on anything regarding the production itself. One Chinese translation I found uses a word that doesn't have an English equivalent but regret or pity is the closest meaning to it. I'm a little wary of copying his message out since it's members only access, but since it's already been copied onto a Chinese forum, I'll leave it here in the spoilers.

Spoiler

끝날때까진 끝이아니다

'역적'에서 열연중이신 김상중선배께서
불과 한달전에 해주신 말씀이에요
"고생했다 하지만 끝날때까진 끝이아니다"
8개월간의 긴 촬영에 지치고 힘들었기에
모두들 조금이른 끝을 얘기할때,
혼자서 마치 최면처럼 머릿속에 되내이며
한씬한씬을 그렇게 쌓아왔네요
근데 이제정말.. 끝인가봅니다
금요일에 엔딩씬 촬영이 남아있지만
내일 쫑파티라 뭔가 더 묘한기분이네요^^
시원한거보단 섭섭한게 더 많아요
자유로워질 이동건의 기대보다
보내야할 이동진의 아쉬움이
아직 더 크기 때문이겠죠
여러분들도 저와 같은 마음일걸 알기때문에
짧게나마 제마음 남겨봅니다
마지막까지 응원해주시리라 믿어요
힘낼께요

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Translation of LDG article regarding his feelings for the drama's finale:

Today (Feb. 26), actor Lee Dong Gun expressed his feelings regarding the finale of KBS2 weekend drama "The Gentlemen of Wolgyesu Tailor Shop" through his management agency FNC Entertainment. Lee Dong Gun said: "I am very honored to have smoothly finished shooting the 54 episode long drama. I am also very happy to have been able to go through thick and thin with the cast/crew." He also added, "To have filmed happily for such a long time, to think that it is now the finale, I can't help but feel a bit of loss. I will cherish the time lived as Lee Dong Jin. A sincere thank you to the audience friends who have supported "The Gentlemen of Wolgyesu Tailor Shop." I will come back in the future with a good drama to repay everyone."

In "The Gentlemen of Wolgyesu Tailor Shop," Lee Dong Gun plays Lee Dong Jin, the only son of a tailor shop owner, a character who appears to be cold on the outside but is passionate on the inside, and refuses to take over the family business.

"The Gentlemen of Wolgyesu Tailor Shop" takes place in Wolgyesu, a bespoke tailor shop with a long history in Korea. It depicts the story of four men's laughter, tears, success, and love. The last episode will be broadcasted tonight at 7:55 pm (54th episode).

Translated from Chinese article: http://m.y3600.com/76/157247.html

There were many Korean articles with similar content (ex. Osen, KBS Media). In fact, there were so many that when I first saw it, it ranked #1 news topic on Naver, lol. At the time of this posting, 12 hours later, it still ranks #3.

@pinkdicentra so happy to have found out LDG thread thx for starting it! i didn't know about this till our chingoo @luvsdramas told me about it! i hv been a huge fan since his Lovers in Paris days! i miss seeing him already since the Tailor drama wrapped up but at least we can still talk about our OTP here! i guess you also have JYH thread? if so, i'm gg to visit it too! :)

ahh i just saw from the other page that LDG was JYH guest on her radio show, gosh they have a great chem really, let's hope these two get together again if not as sweethearts as best of friends but it wld be nice if they will date in real life :)

Just a bit of rambling from me. This will also be the only time I will directly/indirectly mention his past relationship.

Whether the relationship had a small age gap or a large age gap, had public support or backlash, whomever LDG dated, I can say that in my heart there were only blessings and genuine wishes for a happily ever after. And I believe that most LDG fans think the same way. But it has been hurtful for fans to read certain things that I've read written about LDG (mostly in China from a certain fan group) that should never be said to any person, animal, or thing, and especially to someone who has experienced the pain of losing a loved one. It is natural for a fan to want their fave to be well loved and blessed by the public, wishing them to take the path of least resistance. However LDG, being LDG, will follow his own path, and that is something that most fans have accepted as well. He will have to face the effects of his own choices, whether it is praise or criticism. His choices and the way he handles things may not be what the public thinks as smart or mature. It may not even be the way fans would go about things if they were in his shoes. But not everyone can trust their own heart and follow their own path without fear of surrounding judgement.

In Zen Buddhism there is the term shoshin (初心), meaning the beginner's mind. While it means to live and learn with an open attitude that is without preconceptions, its literal meaning is of the first (or beginner's) heart. It could also refer to naivity or returning to one's origin. I've been searching for an appropriate English phrase for "勿忘初心" (Don't forget your beginner's mind). There really isn't anything but some people think that Steve Job's phrase "Stay hungry. Stay foolish." fits perfectly. If it's the case that one must stay foolish to trust our beginner's heart, then I only wish that LDG stays foolish forever regardless of what others think.

Showbiz Korea interview:

On a random note, I really don't like the middle part hairstyle on him. He had that style for the last couple of years before the drama and I was hoping that it would be gone forever after the drama, but I guess not. <_<

Just a funny thought @pinkdicentra .. given that JYH is quite self-conscious abt her hair, maybe she feels the same way you do abt this hair style.. lol.. but because LDG likes his own hair free and messed up (I recall reading an old article abt how he will mess his hair up after filming has ended), she has to learn to accept his messy hair. That's why the cap works well, yeah. I think messy hair is part of his laid-back personality, isn't it?

• 2 weeks later...

@luvsdramas I was thinking that they could've at least styled it differently since he's on television. Actually, I prefer the look from When It's At Night. A shorter style feels more energetic and trendy, so I keep hoping that he'll get a haircut. But I also like the style from below (or perhaps I just like this image) but it's out of date now.

df945d29e1cc46cf8309ae5ee8bda1f7.jpg

In my opinion, LDG hairstyle:

sweet 18: no good (maybe i am biased because his acting here hasnt as good as now)

super daddy yeol: too messy (i know its to suit his character)

marry him if you dare: too sleek too much hair pomade (it was to suit his character as announcer too)

wolgyesu: LOVE! 

My Favourite LDG hairstyle is from Stained Glass.

And second Favourite is from the early days of Wolgyesu when he was the cold president/CEO-designate.

Anyway, here's an old lovely photo spread from Stained Glass. Please enjoy the way this writer/ fan spazzes over LDG. She speaks our minds!!!! Please read it and enjoy it!

https://dangermousie.dreamwidth.org/611139.html

Have you ever watched "Hello Mr.Right" ? Its quite funny listening his dubbed voice :tongue: I'm wondering it would be hard to him acting using china language but still you can feel his chemistry with the co stars

LDG looks so hot n sexy teacher in this drama :wub: 

LDG placed 3rd :)

https://www.soompi.com/2017/03/18/march-drama-actor-brand-reputation-rankings-revealed/

The Korea Business Research Institute revealed their brand reputation rankings for drama actors based on their findings from 37,482,284 pieces of data gathered about 20 actors who appeared in dramas that aired between February 17 and March 18.

Strong Woman Do Bong Soon” stars Park Bo Young and Park Hyung Sik took first and second places respectively, proving the power of their hit drama.

The full rankings can be seen below:

1. Park Bo Young
2. Park Hyung Sik
3. Lee Dong Gun

*For the complete list, you may click on the link to the article above...Glad LDG placed high up in the list!

Archived