Lee Dong Gun 이동건

pinkdicentra

Hello everyone. I am here after some nudges from Laurel Tree Tailor Shop thread and to support @pinkdicentra with her effort to spread some LDG's love, haha. I hesitated for so long whether to delurk here or not since I dont know what I can contribute besides flailing since my google-fu to find trove of goodies is quite poor. Anyhow, just want to drop by to say hello :) 

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello everyone, I just want to say if you miss LDG's great acting you really should check The Gentlemen of Wolgyesu Tailor Shop ep 40 on minute 16 to 18. I tell you my friend...not every actor can act that deep, intense, how he deliver the message intended by the writer is just...bravo. Every time i watch that scene, my heart even hurts imagining how he desperately want his lover back in his arms...

I don't think I can stop replaying this drama all over again until LDG's next drama...and I wonder will he participate on another drama soon? Since 2013 is the last time he took an offer, 3 years off the screen...

@delphinium8593 He was in TVN's Super Daddy Yeol in 2015. Viki has it. After that, there's a Chinese highschool webdrama called Hello Mr. Right, which was released early 2016. So at a minimum, he'll have something every 1-1.5 years. He's not that young to stay away for too long anymore, lol. As for my prediction, I think he'll be back on screen again within the year.

Spoiler

The original release for the webdrama is not available online in China anymore. But an English sub version is available somewhere...I can't mention it, but I don't think it'll be hard to find from an online search...

LDG's fancafe Donggunazooms sent a coffee truck to the drama set. This is the second time during the drama that they've sent a coffee truck to support LDG. The first time was when he filmed at the grape farm. He left a thank you message on the fancafe. The main points of his message include:

• he's been filming continuously for 4 days, after this he has one day break
  • it's been very cold, thanks to the warm drinks he won't have a nasally voice in this week's episodes (don't know if he's been sick or it's just the cold weather, but you can hear the difference in his voice)
  • staff and cast thank the fans for the coffee truck, they will work hard until the end

• 2 weeks later...

LDG BROKE UP WITH HIS CURRENT GIRLFRIEND - Ji yeon.

http://entertain.naver.com/ranking/read?oid=241&aid=0002636573&rankingType=default&rankingDate=

Google translate

Spoiler

[Daily Sports Kim Jin Seok]
View original

Lee Dong-kun (37), Tierra Delay (24), broke up.

An entertainment official said on the daily Sports Daily that "The two men have recently arranged a relationship between their lovers and will remain as a senior citizen."

"I was so nervous that I was so busy with my personal schedule that I naturally broke up like any other lover," he added.

The two met for the first time in June 2015 in Chengdu, China, filming a joint-venture film "HaeHu". It is a story about the romance of two men and women on a cruise ship from Barcelona to the Indian Ocean.

Lee Sang-geun and Dela have been on the SNS for a long time, and they have touched their faces with hand pods.

Dongguk debuted in the entertainment industry as a singer in 1998 and entered the actor's path with the drama 'Gangbang'. Since then, he has been working on KBS 2TV, and is currently appearing on the laurels of the laurels.

Delay has starred in various dramas since 2007 and made his debut in the entertainment industry. In 2009, he made his debut as a singer on Tiara and gained popularity. Currently, he is active in both Korea and China.

15 hours ago, LoveBangWon said:

LDG BROKE UP WITH HIS CURRENT GIRLFRIEND - Ji yeon.

http://entertain.naver.com/ranking/read?oid=241&aid=0002636573&rankingType=default&rankingDate=

Google translate

Reveal hidden contents

[Daily Sports Kim Jin Seok]
View original

Lee Dong-kun (37), Tierra Delay (24), broke up.

An entertainment official said on the daily Sports Daily that "The two men have recently arranged a relationship between their lovers and will remain as a senior citizen."

"I was so nervous that I was so busy with my personal schedule that I naturally broke up like any other lover," he added.

The two met for the first time in June 2015 in Chengdu, China, filming a joint-venture film "HaeHu". It is a story about the romance of two men and women on a cruise ship from Barcelona to the Indian Ocean.

Lee Sang-geun and Dela have been on the SNS for a long time, and they have touched their faces with hand pods.

Dongguk debuted in the entertainment industry as a singer in 1998 and entered the actor's path with the drama 'Gangbang'. Since then, he has been working on KBS 2TV, and is currently appearing on the laurels of the laurels.

Delay has starred in various dramas since 2007 and made his debut in the entertainment industry. In 2009, he made his debut as a singer on Tiara and gained popularity. Currently, he is active in both Korea and China.

yes, he broke up on december.

Anyway, is there anyone who already have translation for part 2 KBS volume up with donggun?

@pinkdicentra Hello ! I came here to express my appreciation and support for LDG thread and your great effort. I was lurking around this thread from time to time since I am a big fan of Wolgyesu tailor shop and of course the actor Lee Dong Gun. :wub: I've never watched him in any drama so what I know about him is almost zero. so I'll start to know him more from here ...

Anyway, I feel sad that my contribution to this thread may be small because I don't speak Korean or Chinese but I'll be sure to share something in English whenever I stumble upon his news. :) And I will come to leave my comments or spazz over his beautiful pics .. heeheehee .. fighting chingu.

LDG and a staff from Shin Entertainment.

Based on the Instagram account and the associated Facebook page, it looks like Shin Entertainment is singer Lim Jae Wook's (The Position) agency. LDG and Lim Jae Wook used to be good friends but a while back LJW said they lost contact. It's great to hear that they are meeting up again. LDG helped LJW with a music video/short movie in 2007 for free. I was going to recommend people to watch it but since there are no English subs, I'll post it another time with a description of what happens in the movie. They also performed a duet together.

@luvsdramas Here's the short movie. Too bad it's so low resolution. There's a 7 min. MV version on YouTube too.

Spoiler

If you have no problems with Tudou, there's a version there with Chinese subs that's a bit higher resolution http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/4TvDBtgh1gA/?spm=a2h0k.8191414.0.0

It's more or less self-explanatory but I'll just give a brief summary in case anyone is confused.

Present: LDG is sent to hospital in his hockey gear. (Jeon) In Hwa is the doctor in charge.

Past: IH is preparing a volunteer event. Her younger sister (Lee) Yuri wants to participate as well. IH is a sunbae of DG and he joins the volunteer event. YR takes interest in him right away. She asks him to be her model and makes sure he doesn’t have a girlfriend.

Present: IH finds out that DG has ALS.

Past: DG shows up at the sisters’ place to help YR model. YR tells her sister that DG is her style. Next is the hockey scene and the photo-taking scene.

Present: IH says that she doesn’t want to be DG’s doctor. The supervisor refuses because it’s not professional for a doctor to refuse a patient.

Past: IH sees DG drop her photo. She doctors his leg injury.

Present: DG has difficulty doing simple things.

Past: YR prepares two snowmen, one representing her and the other representing DG. In the YR snowman is a necklace that she prepared. YR sees that DG made a ring and asks if she can have it even though it’s a little big for her. At the dinner, they talk about the photos and the ring and how it’s a bit big. DG asks if IH wants one too.

Present: IH tells DG that he has ALS. There is no cure. He can’t do metal work or play hockey anymore. DG says the doctor is too cold. Five years ago she wasn’t like that to the patient. She tells him it was a burden then to consider his life. Now whether he lives or dies she will still help him.

Past: IH has an important file missing and asks YR about it.

Present: Description of how ALS starts from deteriorating muscles and ends with the heart.

Past: YR and DG are arguing. She has some film processing fluid in her eyes. IH tells DG never to see them again.

Present: A blind YR asks where they are. IH tells her that there is a patient who wants to replay them. He will give his last present to repay and it will be like 5 years ago again. IH stops DG from jumping off the building. He asks why she stops him since the faster he dies, the faster YR can have her surgery. She says even though it’s been 5 years, she could see YR and him both live well. He says, liking sunbae was in the past. Now he can’t even hold her hand if he wanted to but he can use his 2 eyes to see her. YR feels his face and the necklace during the surgery after his death. We see her jealous memories and how she stole her sister’s files. DG sees her returning it and confronts her.  She says he cares only about her sister and how her sister came in between the two of them. DG says that it’s actually her that came between her sister and him. She still insists that he liked her first.

Present: YR asks about the person who donated the eyes to her. Is he a person that is full of love and likes to cry? She apologizes. IH sees that there are many rings and they all fit her. The large photo of DG is revealed. Voice over is heard of DG saying that he can’t hold her hand but he can watch over her with his eyes for her entire life.

The End.

LDG left a message on his fancafe. Maybe he writes too poetically or the Korean is too hard, Chinese fans are trying to decipher if there is deeper meaning to his message :blink:. I'm of the impression his intention is quite simple. Don't take this word by word, but here's the gist of what he said:

Not the end until the end:

As Kim Sang Joong sunbae said, even if it's hard, it's not the end until the end. Eight months of filming is tiring. When discussing the end at the beginning, my brain felt like it was hypnotized. As each scene passed, now it's really the end. There's still a final scene on Friday. Tomorrow is the farewell party, a strange feeling. Instead of a refreshing feeling, there's more a feeling of lost. In order for a freed LDG, the LDJ who needs to be sent off, has the feeling of regret. Maybe (I) wanted more. Because you all feel the same way, even briefly I will try to let go of my heart. I will work hard until the end.

8 hours ago, pinkdicentra said:

LDG left a message on his fancafe. Maybe he writes too poetically or the Korean is too hard, Chinese fans are trying to decipher if there is deeper meaning to his message :blink:. I'm of the impression his intention is quite simple. Don't take this word by word, but here's the gist of what he said:

Not the end until the end:

As Kim Sang Joong sunbae said, even if it's hard, it's not the end until the end. Eight months of filming is tiring. When discussing the end at the beginning, my brain felt like it was hypnotized. As each scene passed, now it's really the end. There's still a final scene on Friday. Tomorrow is the farewell party, a strange feeling. Instead of a refreshing feeling, there's more a feeling of lost. In order for a freed LDG, the LDJ who needs to be sent off, has the feeling of regret. Maybe (I) wanted more. Because you all feel the same way, even briefly I will try to let go of my heart. I will work hard until the end.

Do you have the original Korean text by any chance? Maybe I can help with translating it. But why would he feel regret over the production? And that he wanted more? This might be where the confusion is. Regret that time passed by too quickly and it's now the end or regret that the direction of the drama differs what he had in mind? What more does he want from it? More time or changes to the production progression?

Archived