Quantcast

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

chaegyeong

Tokyo Juliet

wanna discuss this shoujo?there's definitely no thread for this yet so i thought i'll start one. this shoujo is just so wonderful! lovely drawings, nice storyline.. i'm sooo into this manga rite now. so who else has read this manga? i'm just til vol 2 chapter 9 cos that's all i could get my hands on from fan scanlations so far. hmmm.. i wonder how it will end? if someone has read the whole comic, feel free to feed me some spoilers. i just live on them! image
116.jpg

Here's the description of the manga. credits to sugarmanga.com
A new student of Houjou Designer's College - Ayase Minori, has her design "Hinakiku" stolen by the designer Hinagata Eiji when she was 5 years old. Ever since entering Houjou College, Minori has swore to the fact that "I will not fall in love before I can beat Hinigata Eiji!" Yet she met a person immediately after her college life has started, who's powerful enough to make her almost forget her own promise…
Volumes: 13 (Complete) http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=1216*This series has also live action drama released
10710.jpg

TkyoJu-06_FID_267x400.jpg

35k6828.jpg
oh and i know taiwan will be showing the drama soon. the guy, wu zu, is quite cute! image definitely suited for akira himemiya's character. image even akira's friend, tsukasa (manga-version), is pretty hot! image he reminds me of ryder bay in the full house manhwa. image hope the guy playing him in the drama would be cute too! heheh..

here's the link for tokyo juliet english scanlations in case anyone's interested.

tokyo juliet

but it's not complete yet. just til vol 2 chapter 9. but this manga is definitely a must-read!

hey faridsar_sensei.. i'm no stranger to u but nice to meet u all the same. :P

uh, trang_tron: Vay ban co link de down truyen nay ko up cho nhung ai chua xem duoc ko?

me no understand. sorry

i read it a couple of yrs ago. it's a typical 90s shoujo manga which the main guy is the centre of attraction for all girls around and the main girl is liked by all guys around her. :lol: but the plot is well planned so it seems rather convincing.

it's the better one compares to the shoujo manga of similar type.

^yeah i agree. the plot is really well-planned. but i don't get why she thought akira was a girl at first. did he really look so feminine? who can tell me what happens in vol2 ch10?

waiting patiently for a new chapter...

I was just looking for this manga. Glad I found it.

Yup and Ariel will be playing it. I like her so I wants to try the manga and I think I will be watching the live action one. hehe

To chaegyeong:

Vay ban co link de down truyen nay ko up cho nhung ai chua xem duoc ko?
=> trang tron asks for link to download this series. Since you've already posted the link, don't worry about it then :)

here's the link for tokyo juliet english scanlations in case anyone's interested.

tokyo juliet

but it's not complete yet. just til vol 2 chapter 9. but this manga is definitely a must-read!

hey faridsar_sensei.. i'm no stranger to u but nice to meet u all the same. :P

uh, trang_tron: Vay ban co link de down truyen nay ko up cho nhung ai chua xem duoc ko?

me no understand. sorry

THANK YOU SO MUCH! X]

I read this awhile ago.. I didn't finish it though.

the plot was cliched, and boring..

they kept repeating certain elements.

and like someone else mentioned, all the girls liked the main guy, and all the guys liked the main girl, and the plot revolved around that basically. that and the 'revenge' thing that never seemd to get anywhere. (I didn't finish it so I don't know the ending)

i just watched the drama starring ariel and it really impressed me, i thought it was going to be "bleh" but the main guy kinda needs to work on his acting, but ill let him slide because it is his first time.

i reccimend everyone to watch the drama

I read this a few years ago. I didn't like it. It's my least fav out of the mangaka's works and is one of my favorites. The story was kind of...boring?? i don't know. I thought that all the conflict it was built up upon, the whole revenge thing, shouldn't have been such a big deal. Too much drama. I think she tried really hard to tie it with Romeo and Juliet. I can't say it was bad but I didn't really like it.

Sorry if you really like it.

I agree, I find this manga boring as well. Just doesn't catch my interest no matter how popular it is. And the drama out right now is too fast-paced for my own taste. I find it really silly. I only watched it cause I liked Ariel in It Started with a Kiss. The main guy was ok.. heard he's playing Sano Izumi in the upcoming HanaKimi drama. Although I imagined Sano to be kinda lanky and not as buff as him. ;]

thanks for the link chaegyeong..

im kinda interested in this manga because after watching Ariel in It started with a kiss.. im watching Tokyo Juliet..

i like the plot for this manga...