[variety] Sang Sang Plus 상상플러스

Guest luckyyou

Guest naxareth

^^ THAAAAANNKK YOOOUUUUU. :wub:

i'm not korean, but i can understand little hangul. i had a gist of what was discussed, but wanted to know more. ^_^

much love to you for translating. :D

also, thanks for the clips on your cb. i've been an active downloader. ;)

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Luckyyou did great job of doing brief summarization/translation.

I did some partial translation of Sangsang Plus with Minwoo & Andy. I thought only Shinhwa fans would be interested so I didn't post it here but posted in Shinhwa, Andy, and Minwoo soompi and also in Shinhwachangjo and Shinhwasarang forum.

Anyway, since you have shown interest, I'll post it here.

"Anyway, I did some translations for the beginning when the 4 male hosts did little Shinhwa question interview. The actual game of guessing the words, I didn’t translate because it was difficult to understand but in the end, Andy got 2nd place and Minwoo got 3rd place. They were expecting Andy to be the last place because of “his lack of understanding Korean language and because of his American background”. The words they had to guess was used by much older generation and now kids in their 10s are using it with shorter version.

I don’t know all the 4 male hosts name so whenever one of the ask question, I won’t distinguish which one asked questions or commented but refer them as 4H. And of course, M = Minwoo and A = Andy.

Anyway, here’s some translation and if I made mistake, please feel free to correct me. Some are not direct translation but you’ll get the basic idea. Please keep in mind that I was trying to do this late at night with my husband getting mad at me because I wouldn’t go to sleep when I’m suppose to be at work 6 am today.

4H: “Where is everyone (meaning all the members)? Why only two of you are here?”

M: “We have the most time.”

4H: (Couldn’t believe that was the case).

A: “It’s the truth.”

4H: “Aren’t you here because you are doing some kind of activity” (meaning to promote something)

A: “No.”

4H: “Aren’t you the main character in the movie” (looking at Minwoo).

M: “Yes”

4H: “How can you be main character just like that?”

4H: “I don’t understand. Until I see it with my own eyes, I won’t believe it.”

M: “I’ll invite you to the opening.”

4H: “I don’t want to go!” (He’s jealous! LOL!)

4H: “Dongwan and Eric did the acting first. Did they give you tips?”

M: “In truth, no one helped me”

4H: “How about Andy?” (Andy is acting guilty)

M: “In truth, he never helped me”

4H: :If you (M&A) were born as a female, who in Shinhwa will you be interested in?”

M: “I have reasons for not liking…

Junjin is too greedy and hard-headed

Eric is too good looking.

Dongwan is too noisy (talks too much)

Hyesung is too much of perfectionist/picky (couldn’t understand exact Korean word they used)

So the result is Andy.”

4H: “You can propose to each other then.”

4H: “Then we know the result of who Andy will choose. He’ll choose Minwoo.”

A: “In truth, I’ll probably choose Eric” (M is acting like he’s feeling is hurt!) LOL!

A: “Minwoo is good looking…he does everything good and Eric is good looking AND earns a lot of money.”

4H: “So you choose diamond (money)”

A: (laughing but no other comment)

4H: Asking Noh Hyun Jung (NHJ - female host) “If you could date one member in Shinhwa for a day, who will you choose?”

NHJ: “I like everyone in Shinhwa….Eric and Minwoo are so talented. (Can’t remember exactly what she said)

4H: “So Eric is 1st choice and Minwoo is the 2nd choice.”

NHJ: “Andy is also very good.”

4H: “So Andy is the 3rd choice.”

(4H commented something about her liking young men (Andy) but she’s being sneaky about it or something like that.)

4H: “Andy’s name is Lee Sun Ho. Why Andy?”

A: “Before debut, the manager(?), because I came from US, he named me Andy.”

4H: “Was that your name in US?”

A: “No, my name was Jason.”

4H: (made comment about Jason being name in horror movie….I forgot the name of the movie)

4H: “Andy fits you better”

4H: “How about you Minwoo?”

M: “I’m just M”

4H: asking NHJ “If you were to have American name what would you choose?”

NHJ: “Erica”

4H: “As I said, Eric is her choice…she’s even relating her name to Eric”

4H: “Let’s talk about bad drinking habits among members…who has the worst drinking habit?”

A: “Andy… I don’t do it anymore but when I’m drunk, I want to make people laugh”

M: “Andy used to put ghim (dry seaweed) as his mustache and would sing “ho-rang-na-bi (tiger butterfly) song”

4H: “Junjin doesn’t like to lose in drinking….I went drinking with him and he kept on saying to me, ‘you know hyung that I like you’”

4H: “One time I was next to Junjin and Kang Ho Dong (they were drinking together) and I keep on hearing Junjin telling Kang Ho Dong…’you know hyung that I like you’” (I guess when Junjin is drunk, he says that to everyone! LOL!”

4H: “Junjin and Kang Ho Dong were having drinking contest….then for the 2nd round they went to Kang Ho Dong’s house…didn’t finish drinking until it was time for NHJ’s morning show”

4H: “Kang Ho Dong’s manager took Junjin home and when Junjin got out of the car, he rolled off from the car because he was so drunk! HOWEVER, there were some Shinhwa fans around his house and when Junjin heard them saying, ‘there’s Junjin/Shinhwa’, Junjin got up right away and walked STRAIGHT home acting like he wasn’t drunk!”

4H: “Kang Ho Dong’s manager couldn’t believe that person who was just on the floor all of sudden got up because fans were looking at him…..what a professional conduct”

4H: “Was there any instance where the group almost broke up?”

M: “Yes…one time when we were living together and we had strict rules…couldn’t do anything without the manager’s permission….I asked Eric to go out for a drink….we were late next morning for practice because we overslept… was too tired from drinking from night before…no one woke us up and rest of the member left without us….when we got to the studio, rest of the members were on their knees for 2 hours. The manager knew that Eric and I went out and everyone was being punished. Manager got mad and told us to quit! Eric got mad and said ‘okay, I quit” and then I said, ‘I quit too’.

M: “Andy started crying and got up and told the manager ‘I quit too!’…but when the manager yelled at Andy to ‘SIT DOWN’, Andy said ‘yes sir!’ and was on his knees again right away again!

A: “When you are on your knees for 2 hours…it hurts a lot”

4H: “So that’s why you got up to stretch your legs?”

A: “Yes, I was getting cramps on my legs”

M: “Eric and I came back to apartment to pack….I asked Eric, where/what am I going to do…Eric told me I can go with him back to US and we can do something together”

M: “As we were packing, we heard loud hurried foot steps…so I thought they are coming back to tell us good news that we don’t have to go”

M: “Hyesung came first and said, ‘you didn’t go yet?....what can we do…if opportunity happens, we’ll meet again’”

M: “Junjin came next and said, ‘hyung….keep in touch’”

M: “then another running step and this time it was Andy running up crying saying, ‘hyung, you don’t have to go’ and Junjin and Hyesung hit Andy because he wasn’t suppose to say that…they agreed to play tricks on us”

4H: “Did you know Andy was originally suppose to be member of HOT? Kangta confirmed it”

A: “yes, Tony and I got phone call to meet Lee Soo Man to meet him at the park parking lot. We didn’t really believe it but decided to go anyway. Car pulled up with Lee Soo Man in it and he rolled his car windows down and put the music really loud from his car and told us to dance. Of course, Tony right way did his dancing but I didn’t know how to dance so I did really bad imitation of break dance…I did head spin and fell and did other break dance and fell….all of sudden Lee Soo Man told us to get in the car and took us to the karaoke place to test us on singing. Of course Tony sang good but I didn’t know how to sing…I sang (don’t know the name of the song) and I was terrible. He told us to get in the car again and told us to sign the contract”

4H: “so in the park parking lot you guys were dancing?”

A: “yes, with people in the park looking at us”

4H: “so whenever Lee Soo Man said to get in the car, it meant you passed?”

When M&A didn’t know the answer, they had opportunity to make a “chance phone call” and of course Andy chose Eric. It was so cute when Eric answered “what’s up man”! LOL! I think Andy woke him up…Eric’s voice was really husky and low….and as soon as Andy told him he’s on Sangsang plus, Eric’s voice changed! LOL! When Andy asked Eric the question from the show, Eric told him to wait (he was getting paper and pen to write the hints down so he can ask his father). I guess Eric’s parents are in Korea???? Eric bragged how good he was in this game show because he previously answered correctly twice. I think he was just kidding. Minwoo called older celebrity but he told him to guess it himself! LOL! Eric later sent phone message and told Andy the answer but it was wrong so Andy got hit by NHJ.

Well, I think that’s it."

no one translates the show here? i was wondering what where the stories minu and andy were sharing. anyone?

Guest 4th.ave.cafe

OMFG I THINK I SAW THIS SHOW BEFORE! O_O; something like this aired on my TV channel..but sadly no subs _ _;;; so i couldn't understand most of it T.T;

but it does seem fun to watch :) i shall try looking for it :D

have you guys seen the latest episode? next week is noh hyun jun's last episode. it was soo sad watching the preview, she was crying... i wish she wasn't leaving...BUT congratulations!! :P I wonder if any of the guys will get teary eyed...that would be soo sweet

I saw a picture of the woman replacing noh hyun jun...she looks older...i hope the show will still be funny

At least tak dae gam is still there! i love him!! he's freakin hilarious!!!!

Guest luckyyou

does anyone have the ep with Bada and Ock JuHyun ?

I don't think they were ever on the show. Or can you give me the episode number? They for sure weren't on when the show turned into Old & New for 1 hr. I knowt hat Ok Joo Hyun was on with Heroine 5 as a guest.

Oh and I have the latest episode, but I can't seem to upload it to clubbox.

does anyone have the ep with Bada and Ock JuHyun ?

I don't think they were ever on the show. Or can you give me the episode number? They for sure weren't on when the show turned into Old & New for 1 hr. I knowt hat Ok Joo Hyun was on with Heroine 5 as a guest.

You might want to try here: http://clubbox.co.kr/sksgjwjqekf

Bada and Ock Ju Hyun were on the show along with Lee Soo Young when the show first started (I think around episode 5). It was way before Old & New and even the ripple box.

:( Did you guys watch today's episode yet?

I thought the goodbye present and how they gave it to her was the sweetest thing. I think it's one of the sweetest goodbyes I've ever seen on a variety show. Even better than Kang Su Jung leaving Heroine 6. Even though Noh Hyun Jung's goodbye was a little short (Kang Su Jung's was loooong), it was done really well.

I didn't want to spoil the end so I didn't make caps of the goodbye, but I made these instead.

Shin Jung Hwan saying 'bye' at the beginning of the show:

4kx8.png

I'm really going to miss this relationship. All these gagmen need to get married! Secretly I was rooting for Shin Jung Hwan and Noh Hyun Jung, but then she suddenly got married! :P

1px2.png

2so4.png

I couldn't tell if she laughing at him or almost choking up because it was the last time she would say his name.. she was probably laughing at him. :D

3ce6.png

The preview for next week showed the replacement.. my first impression is I don't like her. :mellow: But we'll see how she adapts in the coming weeks.

I was hoping for the other announcer that came on the show before:

50103647rt6.jpg

But it's not her. :(

i just finished watching noh hyun jung's last episode...and....it was really heart warming and sad

it was just soo adorable too when tak jae hoon got teary eyed too!!! I always thought noh hyun jung and tak jae hoon worked well with each other..how they joked around..or more him making fun of her and her taking it well

and from the caption above...with shin jung hwan..i was thinking "this will be the last time he'll get to do that to her and her last time seeing it" tear... :tears:

the new MC...from the preview i don't know how she'll turn out...if the guys will get along with her quickly or feel a little awkward...but she did look really nervous..and the writing across the screen did say it was her first time in a variety program

i just finished watching noh hyun jung's last episode...and....it was really heart warming and sad

it was just soo adorable too when tak jae hoon got teary eyed too!!! I always thought noh hyun jung and tak jae hoon worked well with each other..how they joked around..or more him making fun of her and her taking it well

and from the caption above...with shin jung hwan..i was thinking "this will be the last time he'll get to do that to her and her last time seeing it" tear... :tears:

the new MC...from the preview i don't know how she'll turn out...if the guys will get along with her quickly or feel a little awkward...but she did look really nervous..and the writing across the screen did say it was her first time in a variety program

I thought it was sweet too when Tak Jae Hoon had red, teary eyes. You're right, him and Noh Hyun Jung work well together, but I never thought of them in a romantic setting since he's married already. :P That's why I was rooting for Noh Hyun Jung and Shin Jung Hwan.

Glad to know I'm not the only one that thought she was almost tearing up when she said SJH's name because it was the last time she would be able to do that.

Argh! I just wish more people on Soompi would watch this show! It's seriously one of the funniest and best variety shows right now. My favorite variety shows right now are all from KBS: Sang Sang Plus, Heroine 6 and Happy Together Friends. I watch these shows every week. Yashimmanman is also good, but I only watch it when I like the guests.

Guest luckyyou

I finally had the time to watch the latest episode. She left..

Anyways, the next show looks hilarious. How all the guys make the new host feel uncomfortable. It's hilarious! I think they edited the clip very well with her stern, still face/body when the guys were asking her questions. Funny-funny!

Archived