Quantcast

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

x_shirley

DVD burning problems

yeah i have nother question about burning DVDs the website i got the movie from is in chinese (for my dad) so i cant read it the file i mostly download for the movie is RMVB and burn it using NERO, but it cant read that file... ive tried looking for a file that can burn that type of file but it doesnt work any ideas??

Guest TKr3alm3r

unfortunately rmvb files are interlaced mpeg4 compressed so u need to covert them to mpeg2 which is the standard format...u can then use any program to burn it as mpeg2 is the universal.

You can convert them as mpg1 as wel. My dvdplayer plays without any problem.

But there are many ways to convert rmvb to dvd video.

You can try winavi, I've read this is the fastest and the simpliest software to convert to dvd directly. I don't know about the quality though cos I don't use winavi.

If you want to author the files yourself, you can use tmpgenc with realalternative installed and convert them to mpg. I would use a software like eovideo to extract the audiostream to wav and use that as your audiosource to prevent sound problems. And then use a dvd author program like tmpgenc dvd author to author them to vob/bup/ifo and then burn it as dvd video.

But there are many guides on the web how to convert rmvb to dvd like this one.

http://hk-mtv.com/wer/showthread.php?t=603

It's almost the same thing I described above.

Guest sccy

I have been using the Tmpgenc to convert avi files to mpeg for VCD. So far I have not encountered any problems and I find the quality is quite good.

Just recently I tried converting rmvb files to mpeg for DVD. I followed the tutorial given above and I did one epi successfully but the next day when I want to convert another epi, it says the file cannot open or unsupported. I changed the Directshow Multimedia Setting to higher priority at the environmental seeting but still the file cannot open. I have tried unstalling and reinstalling the Tmpgenc again and again but still the problems exist. When I want to modify or repair at the Installshield, it says it cannot find the temporary file.

What am I missing? Hope someone can help me.

Thanks in advance. :)

Didnt I reply to this? eh might have been lost..

TMPGenc doesnt like RMVB... I dont like RMVB either...

I suggest you try WinAVI... I think it might work but I dont actually have any RMVB files... (I dont save them.. I dont download them)

Guest sccy

Hi awdark

You did reply at the other thread. Thanks.

I tried here again coz thats where I found the tutorial on how to convert rmvb file to dvd using the Tmpgenc. It work on the 1st epi but I started having problem with the 2nd epi. Suddenly it just doesnt work anymore.

I tried using the WinAvi but I find the audio and the quality is not good.

I noticed you help out a lot whenever you can at other threads too.

Thanks anyway. :)