Which Generation Of Kpop Are You From?

Guest sehunshine

I started waaaaaaay back when Shinhwa was doing all their live tours... then TVXQ debuted, then Super Junior... I also liked Se7en when he came out with Passion and NRG. I haven't really gotten into Paran and those other old groups. I remember when Big Bang performed Dirty Cash at Hollywood Bowl and I wondered if they were actually going to get anywhere, look at them now!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
Guest sharashiii

I knew KPop since 2nd gen because of BoA, S.E.S and also Baby Voxx if you know them but I consider myself 3rd gen fan because of Big Bang \m/ XD
Hi newbie here! :)

• 4 months later...

More like a 2nd and 3rd generations. I've heard the 1st generation k-pop songs before too though. But it was sort of too old school for me. I grew up with mainly the 2nd generation K-Pop. I love Shinhwa, H.O.T., Sechskies, S.E.S., Fly To The Sky, 1TYM, G.O.D., and Fin.K.L. They are the best. I kind of feel old, but the I like a little bit of the 3rd generation too.

PS. BoA is from the early 3rd generation lol Just because she had been with the 1st generation idol groups like H.O.T., Shinhwa, Fly To The Sky, and S.E.S., that still doesn't make her belong in the same generation as them lol

I kinda missed the 2nd generation. ie, I listened to H.O.T but I didn't fall in love with Kpop until I heard DBSK. Then I start following ss501, suju, csjh... Is it me, but DBSK is kind of between 2nd

DBSK is the 3rd generation. BUT if it's the "idol" world, they are the 2nd generation. If it's K-Pop world in general, they are the 3rd generation.

Idol World

1st Generation Idols:

H.O.T., Sechskies, S.E.S., NRG, Shinhwa, Fin.K.L., Bi Rain, G.O.D., Baby V.O.X., Fly To The Sky, Click-B, and Koyote.

2nd Generation Idols:

BoA, Jewelry, Se7en, DBSK, TRAX, CSJH, Isak N' Jiyeon, M.I.L.K., Lee Seung Gi, Super Junior, SS501, Big Bang, Battle, Xing, Paran, Dynamic Duo, Epik High, FT Island, Wonder Girls, SNSD, KARA.

3rd Generation Idols:

SHINee, 2PM/2AM, U-Kiss, Mighty Mouth, F(x), After School, 2NE1, Miss A, CN Blue, Secret, Beast, MBlaq, Rainbow, Z:EA, Girl's Day, etc.

New/Recent Generation Idols:

B.A.P., EXO, Boyfriend, A-JAX, etc.

These are the generations of the idol world. In K-Pop general, DBSK is a 3rd generation.

Guest ltvl0929

2nd (Idol World) / 3rd (Kpop World)Started off with Big Bang.. Been a Big Bang fan rather than a kpop fan for some time before I started exploring kpop. 

What about fourth?

Like WG, Kara, F.T Island, SNSD, etc.

SNSD, KARA, WG, and FT Island are the 3rd Generation lol They debuted around the same era as Big Bang, Super Junior, and them. They just got their fame in the 3rd generation of the idol world. You get what I mean by 3rd generation in the Idols world? Lol. That means they got their fames in the 4th generation of K-Pop in general.

WOW i'm proud to be a

1st generation

..woohoo i'm not even korean

but i know much more than some others yay

I remember when i was 8 years old...young tarks club, cool, yangpa, h.o.t, nrg, yoo seung joon, uhm jong hwa, turbo,deux

BTW i'm just 18 .

2nd generation. H.O.T. was so freaking popular when I was in first grade.... 1997. Wow. Never liked them that much though. I was more of a S.E.S, Fin.KL, and Shinhwa fan. I didn't really listen to them on a regular basis, but I did have S.E.S's 2nd(?) album--the one with "Dreams Come True."

Me too lol :)

i'm more 3rd..

but i love 2nd..

SHINHWA!!! image

and i never heard of the 1st generation... was that in the 70s-80s? image

i wasn't even born yet..

No. They are from the early 90's. You were born already around the early 90's right? First was Seo Taiji & Boys, they debuted in 1992. The early 90's era were the start of K-Pop. Seo Taiji & Boys, Turbo, DJ DOC, ZAM, MUE, Drunken Tiger, and the ones that debuted around the early 90's, not mid like H.O.T., but early 90's the ones who debuted before H.O.T., are the creations of K-Pop.

• 4 weeks later...

Third generation. I love and still love BoA's music though I didn't begin to like K-pop until around Girl's Generation and Wonder Girls debuted. I actually dislike some of the earlier K-pop music like Yoon Eun Hye's girl group released the weirdest songs. I did like the S.E.S songs.

Archived