York University

Guest Honey_Babee

Guest errrting

"The Liberals say Thursday is the earliest the legislation could be passed - so the school likely won’t reopen before Feb. 2.

— The Canadian Press"

better get crackin'

• Replies 818
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Honey_Babee

Aha... okay I was wrong. :sweatingbullets:

You might be back in as early as Thursday or Friday, depending on how long the MPP's debate about it.

Nice knowing you :ph34r:

LOL. crap. aw man, gotta get cracking on that scarlet letter >_____________<

Guest crystallizedtear

yahhhhhhh we're back! woot

but ahhh I have so much work left to do in so little time, and I found a part-time job recently. wonderful timing, isn't it?

so busy now.

Guest kelseyum

we're finally back eh?

im glad to go back, just to get this year over with.

but i definitly am not prepared, ive still got a few books that i was supposed to read and an essay to write.

prograstination is my middle name apparently.

at least we still get 3 months in the summer, seeing how exams end june 2 (?).

not as bad as it could have been i guess.

does anyone know if the school will extend the drop date for courses?

*edit

nvm, found out..it's march 10 to drop fall courses.

is that just fall courses?

or does that also mean full year courses?

Guest Honey_Babee

i frikken hate how classes got extended until may and june. there is no way im staying for that, cause i got a job overseas for may, june and july, and there is no way for me to go to school for that. im so pissed.

im gonna go talk to the administration 2moro.

Guest DOVAHKIIN

Come one, come all, let's all ditch York...

Damn I don't have that squiggly line on my laptop's keyboard to add for dramatization...

Guest ali.star

Who here is transferring and where to? HAHA

I was SO ready to transfer to another university... I had my application forms all filled out and was just waiting for the moment to click 'submit'. Honestly though... I don't think it's a smart move. No doubt, the strike sucks and put me (and everyone else) in rut but I think that it'd be hard to get into another school. Right now, all the grade 12's are applying to post secondary schools and I don't think York is a top choice which means there will be a higher demand for other schools like UT, Ryerson etc. Maybe I'm wrong, but that's why I didn't bother...

Anyway, I know a couple people who dropped this year and it sucks. I thought about it but... I guess I'll just suffer.

Guest funkkeh

Who here is transferring and where to? HAHA

^ I want to trasnfer to U of T! But, my marks aren't really THAT great. haha.

I was SO ready to transfer to another university... I had my application forms all filled out and was just waiting for the moment to click 'submit'. Honestly though... I don't think it's a smart move. No doubt, the strike sucks and put me (and everyone else) in rut but I think that it'd be hard to get into another school. Right now, all the grade 12's are applying to post secondary schools and I don't think York is a top choice which means there will be a higher demand for other schools like UT, Ryerson etc. Maybe I'm wrong, but that's why I didn't bother...

Anyway, I know a couple people who dropped this year and it sucks. I thought about it but... I guess I'll just suffer.

^ Oh, I never thought of it this way.. hmm :unsure: But wait, we're not applying as 1st years again, so it doesn't affect us? Or am I totally wrong.. :x

Guest ali.star

^ Oh, I never thought of it this way.. hmm :unsure: But wait, we're not applying as 1st years again, so it doesn't affect us? Or am I totally wrong.. :x

I was thinking about UT too.

Ok, true lol. I guess I was in such a frenzy I didn't think about that.

I heard a lot of talk about people transferring... I wonder how many actually did. The cost of switching schools would be expensive too wouldn't it? Transcripts and all... and I heard transfer credits are tricky so most people would have to start fresh depending on what credits actually count at different schools.

Guest Honey_Babee

I was thinking about UT too.

Ok, true lol. I guess I was in such a frenzy I didn't think about that.

I heard a lot of talk about people transferring... I wonder how many actually did. The cost of switching schools would be expensive too wouldn't it? Transcripts and all... and I heard transfer credits are tricky so most people would have to start fresh depending on what credits actually count at different schools.

honestly, we might as well stay in york, cause this year would be easier than transfering.

all profs are very understanding, at least in my courses. and theyr trying their best to make this not affect our grade etc.

Transferring isn't that hard. Yes it comes with a price tag but so does everything. Well my marks are good enough to transfer to Western or UT or McGill in Fall of 09. In my residence, I know at least 10 people who have either applied for transfer or 100% are for sure to transfer for next fall to another post secondary school.

i frikken hate how classes got extended until may and june. there is no way im staying for that, cause i got a job overseas for may, june and july, and there is no way for me to go to school for that. im so pissed.

im gonna go talk to the administration 2moro.

In this case i think u might have to take the term off if u want to work overseas, the only way for you to get both is maybe try to take all ur courses in distance education or not go overseas.

Archived