York University

Guest Honey_Babee

Guest Honey_Babee

Anyone here attending york u right now? or going to be?

I am studying early child hood education there. =]

FIRST YEAR STUDENTTTTTTTT.

any pointers for me?

like professors i should watch out for?

:blush:

• Replies 818
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Honey_Babee

Oh what year are you?

I'm at York for History atm and am planning on going into Con-Ed.

Finished first year, going on to second :]

just starting first year:D

living in residence though. what about u??

:D

Guest 'Noche.

living on campus is definitely a good idea.

I'm double majoring in English and Linguistics, and I'm going into my third year this September! I feel kinda old.. lol.

Guest paper*hearts

^ me too :D. 'cept I'm in psych.

oohhh I'm in the same program as you. BA psych? but i'm a first year student too

Guest CANDIEHEARTS

Oh what year are you?

I'm at York for History atm and am planning on going into Con-Ed.

Finished first year, going on to second :]

ohhh.. im planning to do the same thing, =]

here at york for history.. then going onto con-ed the second year.

im firsssttt yearrr tooo.. =P

are all you first years going to frosh ?? =D

Guest ahwin

there's an ECE degree at york? or do u mean the ECE con-ed program?

i wanted to accept that for sept, but ended up choosing oise @ UT...

Guest PunchNine

my, i wasn't aware there's a Early childhood ed. program at york O_o

anyway i'm going onto 3rd year. I major pysch.

Guest paper*hearts

^ yeah BA for now, I wanna go into Honours though..who's your psych prof?

Honey_Babee: you should check out http://ratemyprofessors.com to see which prof to stay away from :P, it helps sometimes lol.

Myriam mongrain, i think it wass..kno anythin abut him/her?

ohhh.. im planning to do the same thing, =]

here at york for history.. then going onto con-ed the second year.

im firsssttt yearrr tooo.. =P

are all you first years going to frosh ?? =D

im still unsure about frosh week..are YOU going?

Guest Honey_Babee
living on campus is definitely a good idea.I'm double majoring in English and Linguistics, and I'm going into my third year this September! I feel kinda old.. lol.
haha its okay:P iknow a guy his going into his fourth, but its still just like 3 years difference:P
there's an ECE degree at york? or do u mean the ECE con-ed program?i wanted to accept that for sept, but ended up choosing oise @ UT...
well i think its con ed, but im not sure. but i got in:Plol
Myriam mongrain, i think it wass..kno anythin abut him/her?im still unsure about frosh week..are YOU going?
im goinggg<3def worth goinggg. since theres gonna be parties useful information.. HAHA

Guest CANDIEHEARTS

Myriam mongrain, i think it wass..kno anythin abut him/her?

im still unsure about frosh week..are YOU going?

haha.. im still deciding.. i dont know anyone in my college.. and during frosh .. you're mostly meeting people in your college right?

i wanna go.. but i dont know.. kinda weird alone. xD im like that.. i think im probably gonna end up going. =P

^

You should go to Frosh Week...I made most of my friends during Frosh Week :]

What colleges are you guys affiliated with? I'm with Founders =\

(Oh, and according to ratemyprofessors.com, Myriam Mongrain is an amazing Psych prof)

same here same here. =] im with founders! =]

so that means you'll be going to that orientation thing? xD

^ there were a lot of people that went alone..and in the end made friends :D. I found orientation boring, I think I almost fell asleep..there was a day of orientation where we had a "mock lecture" and we had to take notes -.-.

Guest miranduh

omg im was going to go to child studies at york but i accepted ryerson instead ;T

general question. someone called and said i HAD to go to orientation..do i have to -___-;;; i have work that day and i don't wanna make it up...

what's frosh really anyway ? i heard there is bands and stuff..free booze? :P i don't know..

Guest Honey_Babee

omg im was going to go to child studies at york but i accepted ryerson instead ;T

general question. someone called and said i HAD to go to orientation..do i have to -___-;;; i have work that day and i don't wanna make it up...

what's frosh really anyway ? i heard there is bands and stuff..free booze? :P i don't know..

lol i got accepted into ryerson, but i decided to go to york:D

Nah I didn't go to orientation last year and don't plan on going this year either lol

Just fyi, York's Frosh is a dry frosh, so no booze - since a lot of first years are underage (but obviously people still drank)

If you're not on res, try and sleep over during Frosh Week :]

Guest chakhae1

Well, I went there over 10 years ago, but I remember one professor that was super nice to everyone. His name was Kaplan(last name) and he taught social sciences. He was nice enough to sell lecture notes in the bookstore for $5 and even gave out his number for students to call. His exams were also pretty easy, since one was a take home and another one he gave us the 3 essay questions and one of them would be on the exam. All around nice guy if you ask me!Other than that, one thing you should know about York are the 1000's of line-ups you will endure. This is inevitable, so just learn to be patient. York is also all about the big bucks.(well it used to be anyways) so you will be bugged about paying fees regularly. Heck, I still get bugged for donating to the alumni association!!

omg im was going to go to child studies at york but i accepted ryerson instead ;Tgeneral question. someone called and said i HAD to go to orientation..do i have to -___-;;; i have work that day and i don't wanna make it up...what's frosh really anyway ? i heard there is bands and stuff..free booze? :P i don't know..
you don't have to goto frosh week. it's just a time for the seniors to initiate and make the new recruits look stupid lol. it is a good way to make friends and what not though, but not something you have to goto. lol at free booze..kids nowadays!!

Archived