[drama 2005] Rebirth - Next 환생-넥스트

Guest piano_lady

Guest ladii_laetriice

hey guys !! uhm .. ii just fiiniished watchiing the last epii of rebiirth .. and ii diidn't understand what happen to the JSY .. after the traiin scene wiith the holy man .. ii hope JSY and RSY ended up together :D !!

oh ! ii better read the spoiilers .. aiight see y'all around :lol:

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest debratan

Glad that I have a rewatch on the last epi yesterday.

There is a replay on Kasare (mongolia), He's the ultimate lover. How deep is the love for him to do what he have done?

Guest piano_lady

hehehe...Debra, you are biased alright! :lol:

and i stand my ground

on the possibility of the RSY-JSY pairing for the present life

;)

~~

but something just came up and got me thinking...

we know that JSY is a strong believer that she and RSY are not meant to be. and during the train conversation with the priest, she learned that fate does not actually mean that she is predetermined not to be with RSY and should she persist and choose to be with RSY, she is not necessarily 'destroying' him! so given these, what did she do afterwards? did she just live her life sans the Min brothers altogether and let fate take its course? i mean could we assume that she didn't doing anything to influence fate's course of action?

hmm...

am i making sense here? :unsure: as usual, correct me if i'm wrong.

~~

meanwhile, the

possible RSY-JSY pairing i mentioned does not necessarily make me an RSY-JSY shipper

:P

I root for whoever ends up with RSY in the periods...hehehe...BUT honestly, i'm leaning more towards the RSY-PYJ pairing .. :blush: .. I so love them in the Koryo period...which is actually my favorite!! oh, not to mention their chemistry, indeed!!

~~

i agree with you snowprincess! RSY's character was honorable :)

~~

as to who loves RSY the most? as what someone posted before (was it snowprincess?) i think,

JSY loved him the most

...will let you have my views later --- gotto work first :P

~~

and who does RSY love the most?

2412445710101477527S600x600Q85.jpg

~~

oh..la..laaa! here are some more behind the scene photos!

2496252180101477527S600x600Q85.jpg

2173283620101477527S600x600Q85.jpg

2268349510101477527S600x600Q85.jpg

2989330460101477527S600x600Q85.jpg

2258024150101477527S600x600Q85.jpg

Guest anachronista

I think one of the delights of the story is that all of the leads play characters in different periods of time which are not always completely likable or unlikable. Since most of us have seen it by now, I'll be more sparing with the spoiler tags. Here's an analysis of their different roles.

PYJ

Earliest: likable, but needy

Koryo: likable

Chosun: spiteful, abusive, and not very smart.

Bad example of what women of that time should be.

J. O. : likable, nice lady

Present: rather cold,

unable to commit to her man, but doesn't want anyone else to have him either.

RSY

Earliest: yummy warrior prince!!

Koryo: bloodthirsty, hairy, barbarian invader :lol: , more likable when tamed.

Chosun: noble, tragic hero

J. O. : handsome, brilliant, brave, but

untrue to his wife.

<_<

Present: What's not to love?? The guy with everything!

LJS

Earliest: manipulating and vengeful

Koryo: self-seeking, but patriotic

Chosun: not a bad guy, you feel sorry for him.

J. O. : really mean and nasty!

Present : nice enough guy,

but has a very mean streak when jealous.

JSY

Earliest: unfortunate victim, must feel sorry for her.

Koryo: not likable, but loyal.

She WAS right to warn Kasare.

Chosun: likable, honorable and dignified,

but doomed.

J. O. : likable, loving, self effacing,

kinda treated like dirt, but capable of extraordinary loyalty and sacrifice.

Present: likable, warm, wants to do the right thing.

Who does RSY love? Lucky guy gets to alternate between the women, while LJS gets nothing. In the present, I definitely think it's JSY. His relationship with PYJ was rather dull and taken for granted, but when he met JSY, there were fireworks. Despite his best efforts, he couldn't stay away from her. Remember, though, during the J. O., it was the other way around. That time it was PJY's turn. I had a hard time liking PYJ when she called everybody to that restaurant to force a confrontation. That was just plain mean, and hurt everyone, especially Ki Bum and Ki Soo.

This is the desktop I'll be using for a while.

NEXTvidcap9.jpg

Guest piano_lady

thumbs up for your work, Debbie V! love the desktop pic too!

there's another similar scene with JSY and RSY looking over the ocean as well...love that too!

oh...and there's this one also when PYJ was holding mighty Kasare's you -know-what... :unsure:

the more i think about it, the more convinced i am that these looking-over-the-ocean scenes mean/represent something..

<but michelle is not in the mood to think deeper now :P too excited to get off work in a few minutes! naughty, naughty, i know :D > so I'll post my thoughts laterz!!

edit: nah...do it tom...am not in nerd mood now! :P

edit again: it's actually water, not ocean :D

Guest snowprincess

hi all!

you are right piano_lady. they did always look over the water a lot and

the two ladies "joined" RSY in through water during the Koryo and the Chosun periods.

water has always been about the cycle of life, about rebirth and reincarnation.

will have to watch again for more symbols...in nerd mode now...:P

Guest anachronista

hi all!

you are right piano_lady. they did always look over the water a lot and

the two ladies "joined" RSY in through water during the Koryo and the Chosun periods.

water has always been about the cycle of life, about rebirth and reincarnation.

will have to watch again for more symbols...in nerd mode now...:P

Wow, I never even picked that up! REALLY will have to watch it again, too!

There was also the childhood memory when JSY first underwent hypnosis, of drowning at the swimming pool when her brother pushed her in. I had no idea that had meaning. Thought it was just kinda thrown in.

Guest piano_lady

ii wiish and ii hope they (JSY and RSY) end up together .. ii just thiink they look good 2gether .. :D

hi ladii_laetriice! actually, the ending depends on your own interpretation ;)

yeah, i agree that JSY and RSY looked great together esp in the Chosun period :D

Guest ladii_laetriice

okeeee . but iit seems liike most of us liikes the balii ladii than JSY .

ii loved the twiins story best . iit was sooo sad though :tears: . =iif my parents were not watchiing wiith me . the whole room would be flooded wiith tears *gg*

Guest debratan

Can list down fav story in sequent? I am curious. :)

My list with main reason

Koryo -> Kasare!!!

japanese Occ. -> The nursing parts, It may be drag but oh so romantic to me. Partly also becos it remind me of S1945, which is about the same period and outfit wise, similar to Oon Hyuk (my fav RSY role todate)

Present time -> He looks charming in Doc attire.

Chosun -> I like RSY in traditional clothing. RSY looks so soft and gentlemen

Shimkuk -> Ya..Perhaps most touching of all. Especially for the mother and duet part

Well I sucks again....Storyline normally is not my main concern for a drama.

Overall I like all the story.. This drama is good....

Guest piano_lady

Oh yes!! For me....hmm...it's really hard to rank them...for now, here it is from least favorite to favorite...and it's also according to the amount of tears I shed and the no. of boxes of tissues I've used up :lol:

Oh yes, I am particular with the storyline actually ;)

5 - Present --------- actually didn't like JSY's character, PYJ indecisive, RSY charming as usual

4 - Japanese -------- JSY = love equals sacrifice; RSY = family first before self, then became unfaithful

3 - Shimkuk --------- tragic family drama...i felt for the mother especially and later on for RSY

2 - Chosun ------------ RSY and JSY fought for their love...against all odds

1 - Koryo ------------- love equals sacrifice!

And as for the pairing, I like both but I'm leaning towards the RSY-PYJ one ...hehehe...coz Koryo period is my favorite...

Guest ladii_laetriice

oh . ii thiink everyones spendiing the weekend away from their PC . iit's sooo quiet here ... = grasshoppers *hhhhhhmmmmm* :P

oh . piiano_lady . thannks for postiing some screencaps from rebiirth .. they all look sooo good .. especiiially -youknowwho- B)

ii liike the JSY - RSY miinii wallpaper . ii sooooo and totally thiink that they both look good togetha ... :D WHO'S WIITH MEEEE ??

btw. are you doiing some more wallies ???

Guest piano_lady

Hi all! :D

Made my first MV -- but don't strangle me....!!!

~~~~ It features RSY and JSY....taken from epi 3 - Chosun period (reason: I deleted all my raw files and am dl'ing the raws again...and only have esp 1-3 for now so...) :P

Anyways, here are the links: Veoh YouTube

Enjoy!

Oh yes, will do Kasare and Koryo maiden next as soon as I have the raw ep4 ;)

Archived