Kim Jae Wook 김재욱 / キム・ジェウク

Ayame

11 minutes ago, JJChastity said:

I found Heart of Gold last episode. Yeay, finally complete. It was divided by 3 on bilibili. I guess bilibili is like youtube in chinese. Here's the link.

Now I only need to find Monopoly and Rules of Your Own World of Kim Jae Wook's works.

About Ruler of Your own world, you can watch it on Youku

• Like 1

I'm in the midst of compiling KJW's laughing bts from The Guest..i need your help to give me all The Guest BTS youtube link.. I've found some but still missing a lot of the bts ...please put the link under spoiler and share it here ..thanks in advanced

found this playlist link but still not enough..

On 6/9/2019 at 2:30 PM, sillygal said:

@redcoral  I will just do a rough/brief conversation between Kim Jae Wook and the little girl. :)

KJW: Uncle is doing the praying!

KJW: I am doing praying and you're hitting it?

KJW: You're holding and playing

KJW: You got to be afraid of it!

Girl: Wow~

KJW: There's no use in praying.

KJW: You need to carry and play with the cross.

KJW: I don't even know what is this.

Girl: Uncle said he's sleepy.

Reporter/Interviewer/Director (No idea who's talking to them): Uncle (Referring to KJW) is the most handsome right?

Girl: Who?

KJW: Is Uncle Hwa Pyung handsome~ (In low tone)

Girl: Ahh~ why so sudden~?

KJW: (Continue to ask) or Uncle Choi Yoon handsome? (In high tone)

(Anticipating)

Girl: No but why so sudden? haha!!

KJW: Aunty Gil Young is the most handsome right?

KJW: Uncles (I guess he's referring to himself and KDW) are feeling helpless. 

Thank you so much:)

• Like 1

On 6/9/2019 at 4:59 AM, JJChastity said:

He said in The Moment dvd that he wanted to act with Moon Geun Young because he admired her. So as soon as he heard that Moon Geun Young was going to be in that drama he said yes. It was soon after doing Bad Guy drama so he didn't have much time to prepare for his character. When he reads the script he doesn't understand his character in that drama quite well and what's more unhelping is that they often get the episode script on the same day and are expected to perform the role. So it's hard for him at that time.

I honestly feel his character ends up with Mary since she and the male lead keep breaking up at the end.

51 minutes ago, killarhee said:

I honestly feel his character ends up with Mary since she and the male lead keep breaking up at the end.

That would be the best in real life. Because Jung In has what it takes to be a dependable husband. Not that Moo Gyul is irresponsible or anything. But personality wise, Moo Gyul's easy going attitude suits Mary more because Mary is the serious type. While Jung In is also the serious type.

So I honestly feel that Jung In should get someone better than Mary who could love him more. Sometimes it gets lonely for Jung In to see them together. Because Mary just loves Moo Gyul so much. But behind the scene, Moon Geun Young is closer to Kim Jae Wook rather than Jang Geun Seuk. Funny isn't it.

I feel that Kim Jae Wook is easy to get close to his female counterparts.

• Like 1

On 6/8/2019 at 5:03 PM, JJChastity said:

OMG, thank you so much. DM sent.

On 6/8/2019 at 9:09 PM, Aziraphale said:

Nope, he will always be Ryan Gold.

Anyway, I like him in this colour combo, one of the few saving graces of the crap that was ep 15

FOREVER AND EVER RYAN GOLD ....

On 6/8/2019 at 1:45 PM, sarafem said:

I like his new casual style!!!

Am falling more in love ... every second ...

23 hours ago, JJChastity said:

Because I remembered the first time I become a crazy fangirl and look for everything about him was on 2009 after I watched Antique. Not much I can find on him online and I got frustrated but I did spend time for a while.

Imagine now, after Her Private Life aired, many people become his new fans and have been uploading old and new things about Kim Jae Wook. There are so many things to search on him now after 10+ years of his career. That my friend is the sign of sleep deprivation.

Your rituals of watching Her Private Life is pretty much the same with me. I watch episode 1, 2, or 3 times. 3 times are when I watched live, raw, and sub. 2 times are raw and sub. And one if I'm in tired state. There are only two episodes that I watched once. 14 episodes I watched 2 and 3 times.

Have fun watching Antique.

I totally know how you've felt during that moment of time, that's when the time you would wanna get to know him more as an actor as well as a person. A big yes I can imagine how many fans he has gained or gaining in his social media right now, the numbers are jumping super fast. And you're right, right now I am trying to search on him every now and then and I am gonna start watching The Moment soon. And I love seeing him in Radio DJ interview, because that's when I will get to know him even deeper and many interesting things about him.

I simply couldn't wait so I just watched the raw version so that at least my day is filled with HPL, kept waiting and refreshing for the episodes to download, reading spoilers before that, didn't expect myself to be like this. 

I will share my thoughts here once I've watched Antique. (:

On 6/10/2019 at 7:57 PM, sillygal said:

True, our forever Ryan Gold~:)

I do like this colour combo, very light colours that give me a very refreshing and casual looks. He suits collar shirts and almost wearing collar tees throughout the drama. 

How about this for a little see-through? :wub:

This long sleeve shirt somehow made his shoulder broader. :blush:

Ha, to be honest I don't quite like that sweater. :sweatingbullets:  Although I do agree he looks great in collar shirts.

I think I prefer him in this colour block sweater when he went over to Deok-mi's apartment:

g01k4qZ.jpg

• Like 1

6 hours ago, sillygal said:

I totally know how you've felt during that moment of time, that's when the time you would wanna get to know him more as an actor as well as a person. A big yes I can imagine how many fans he has gained or gaining in his social media right now, the numbers are jumping super fast. And you're right, right now I am trying to search on him every now and then and I am gonna start watching The Moment soon. And I love seeing him in Radio DJ interview, because that's when I will get to know him even deeper and many interesting things about him.

I simply couldn't wait so I just watched the raw version so that at least my day is filled with HPL, kept waiting and refreshing for the episodes to download, reading spoilers before that, didn't expect myself to be like this. 

I will share my thoughts here once I've watched Antique. (:

"That's when the time you would wanna get to know him more as an actor as well as a person."

That's right, as an actor and a person.

i really felt frustrated quite a few times actually. First, after Antique. And then after few of his dramas, because all I could find are few interviews, few cuts or behind the scene of his dramas, and some appearances with his band. All raws. No one subbed those clips. So when I watched it, I feel frustrated again not knowing the meaning. Being Kim Jae Wook's fans you are trained to be patient. So his fans are mostly that type who are just happy he finally shows up and they can see him again.

Before Her Private Life, his instagram follower number is around 300 thousands. But now it reaches 800 thousands.

D8z7ACxU0AAveib?format=jpg&name=900x900

500 thousands people. A big jump right? That's how hot he is right now. Quite a lot of people already knew him actually from his earlier works but just become infatuated by him now after Her Private Life. So many people search everything about him like crazy, just like I did. It's fun to do fangirling with as many people because fans who found something will post it later and we will get more and more things of Kim Jae Wook. :love:

I love watching his interviews in radio also. But my korean is still far from catching many words so it adds another frustration not knowing what they talk about. Are you good in korean?

And yes, please share later on what you think about Antique. :rolleyes:

• Like 3
  • Love 1

For those who want to watch Inspiring Generation only for Kim Jae Wook:

He appears in episode 5, 6, 7, 8.

- The first scene he appears is on the train (episode 5) to the recording store.

- Episode 6 is at the train station and then at the skiing ground.

- Episode 7 is at the rice soup shop.

- His last appearance is when he goes to Ok Yeon's house until he helps her get on the boat (Episode 8).

After that there is no appearance of him anymore.

Overall, it's nice to see him at every scenes. But due to the writer change and the different direction the new writer was going to bring the story, his role was not going to evolve so they agreed on stopping there and KJW dropped out of his role. You know that he always stick to the end no matter what the circumstances are. It really was not his intention but unavoidable circumstances. So I hope people don't misunderstand him.

• Insightful 2

Not sure if this was shared before, it has a nice list of all his work. THE GUEST is missing from the list

http://www.dramabeans.com/2019/06/actor-spotlight-kim-jae-wook/

June 5, 2019

[Actor Spotlight] Kim Jae-wook

by missvictrix

KJW_0.jpg

Kim Jae-wook is in this week’s spotlight, but he hardly needs an introduction. His recent drama Her Private Life, where he starred opposite Park Min-young, is quickly becoming a cult favorite — and yep, both their performances were fantastic. As the drama has just wrapped up (nooo!), it seems like a good time to take a look at Kim Jae-wook’s acting career.

Born in 1983 in Seoul, South Korea, Kim Jae-wook’s career had an early start in 2002 with a small role in the MBC drama Ruler of Your Own World. He was young at the time, and apparently didn’t enjoy the acting experience. Instead, he focused on his modeling career for many years. When Kim Jae-wook finally returned to the small screen, it was with a supporting role in two now-classic dramas: Dal Ja’s Spring and Coffee Prince.

Although those dramas (especially the latter) should have been enough to guarantee his success, it hasn’t been till recently that he’s starting to get the recognition he deserves. After Her Private Life, he’s definitely at a great point in his career. Quick, make us more dramas!

Here are some dramaland moments from Kim Jae-wook, followed by his full filmography.

Who Are You (2013)

KJW_1.jpg

I’m not quite sure how I got through all of this drama. I don’t like creepy tales, and I especially don’t like poorly written creepy tales. However, I have a soft spot for Taecyeon, and tvN, so it seemed like a good idea at the time. Little did I know that this drama would be my introduction to Kim Jae-wook (*choir of angels*). It’s not exactly easy to steal an entire drama when you don’t even have a single line of dialogue — but Kim Jae-wook sure pulled it off. In Who Are YouKim Jae-wook played the wrongfully-murdered beloved of So Yi-hyun’s heroine. She was haunted/visited by him (depending on how you look at it, I guess) and it’s just a testament to his acting that his character was able to have the impact he did. White as a sheet, more silent than any Jang Ki-yong role, and not even doing much but standing there, Kim Jae-wook’s compelling screen presence held this drama together. Thank you.

Temperature of Love (2017)

KJW_2.jpg

In the face-off of Yang Se-jong and Kim Jae-wook, who can ever win the heart of the heroine? Truthfully, this drama was about much more than its love triangle — in fact, the love triangle was one of the weakest elements. It’s also one of the rare dramas where my perennial second lead syndrome was shelved (it’s a good drama practice to shelve that painful emotion from time to time). In Temperature of Love, Kim Jae-wook was cold, rich, and completely taken with Seo Hyun-jin’s screenwriting heroine. Though I didn’t love how the triangle/tension played out in moments, I never doubted the authenticity of his character’s emotions. Kim Jae-wook was also a nice foil for Yang Se-jong, who seemed extra young and chipper next to the suave businessman with the power to make or break the people around him.

Her Private Life (2019)

KJW_3.jpg

I loved the thought of Kim Jae-wook and Park Min-young starring together, but wasn’t really sure what to expect out of this drama… and boy have I been pleasantly surprised! I’m one of the first people to get drama fatigue over rom-coms with no personality — luckily, Her Private Life has not only personality, but pizzazz, super duper chemistry, and yeah, it’s also hilarious. Kim Jae-wook is great in this role, and it’s such a better character for him than the somewhat (conceptually) similar role he played in Temperature of Love. Here, he gets to have so much more fun, not only because he’s actually in the leading role, but because the script, thankfully, gives him more to do than just be a cold, smitten boss. Not that he doesn’t rock cold and smitten too.

Kim Jae-wook’s full filmography:

• Ruler of Your Own World (2002) [Drama]
    Kim Jae-wook made his acting debut with a side role in this Lee Na-youngand Yang Dong-geun drama, but apparently had a bad time filming, and wasn’t sure about pursuing acting.

• Dal Ja’s Spring (2007) [Drama]
    Though many were blinded by Lee Min-ki when they watched this drama, Kim Jae-wook had an important (for his career, not really the drama) side role here as Lee Min-ki’s friend. Importantly, this drama was his return to the small screen after a 5-year break.

• Coffee Prince (2007) [Drama]
    I love long-haired Kim Jae-wook. That is all.

• Antique (2008) [Film]
    Comedy film based on a Japanese manga about a bakery that starred Joo Ji-hoon, Yoo Ah-in, Choi Ji-ho, and Kim Jae-wook, and got a good bit of acclaim.

• Kingdom of the Wind (2008) [Drama]
    Kim Jae-wook had a side role in this epic historical drama that told the story of several figures from the Three Kingdoms period.

• Pygmalion’s Love (2010) [Drama]
    Having grown up in Japan (he spent 7 years there), Kim Jae-wook has a great command of Japanese and it’s helped his career a lot. This short Japanese drama with Kim Joon and Minamisawa Nao is just one example.

• Heart of Gold (2010) [Film]
    Kim Jae-wook and Hong Kong actress Janice Man starred in this web-released movie about a Koream artist who travels to Japan.

• Bad Guy (2010) [Drama]
    No matter how bad the hero is, or how bad the plot is, this melodrama is one I want to watch. In addition to Kim Jae-wook, this drama starred Kim Nam-gil, Han Ga-in, Oh Yeon-soo, and Jung So-min.

• Mary Stayed Out All Night (2010) [Drama]
    This rom-com starred Moon Geun-young, Jang Geun-seok, and Kim Jae-wook and hit some hairy behind-the-scenes drama. In-drama drama was more about love, marriage, and forging marriage certificates.

• Save Me (2010) [Film]
    Short art film with Kim Jae-wook and Kim So-yi as a couple with a weird hobby.

• Who Are You (2013) [Drama]
    Getting ghosted by a ghost has never looked so good (see above).

• Age of Feeling (2014) [Drama]
    Unfortunately, Kim Jae-wook met with more behind-the-scene drama while shooting this ill-fated Kim Hyun-joong historical drama, and left mid-show after its writer swap.

• 4teen (2014) [Drama/Cameo]
    Kim Jae-wook played the adult version of one of the leads in this two-episode drama special about a group of fourteen-year-olds.

• Sweet Temptation (2015) [Web Drama]
    I’m not sure how Kim Jae-wook wound up in this series of short dramas written for the members of T-ara, but he did.

• Planck Constant (2015) [Film]
    This art film starred Kim Jae-wook in the lead and chronicled his odd and/or erotic fetishes.

• Two Rooms, Two Nights (2016) [Film]
    Kim Jae-wook starred as a popular movie director who tried to keep two girlfriends going simultaneously. I’m not sure if we’re supposed to sympathize with him or not? Because I’m not.

• The Last Princess (2016) [Film]
    Sohn Ye-jin starred in this historical film as the last princess of Korea, and Kim Jae-wook was the Japanese nobleman who married her.

• Voice (2017) [Drama]
    The first of OCN’s Voice dramas made a big splash, and Kim Jae-wook got a lot of attention for his role in this Jang Hyuk and Lee Hana drama.

• Temperature of Love (2017) [Drama]
    It might not be perfect but I really enjoyed this drama — and the wonderful cast: Yang Se-jong, Hyun Seo-jin, Kim Jae-wook, and Jo Boa (see above).

• Butterfly Sleep (2018) [Film]
    Kim Jae-wook starred with Miho Nakayama in this Japanese film about a writer with Alzheimer’s who met a younger Korean man (Kim Jae-wook).

• God’s Quiz: Reboot (2018) [Drama/Cameo]
    Kim Jae-wook had a cameo in the final episode of the latest/fifth installment of this series about a medical examiner’s office.

• Her Private Life (2019) [Drama]
    Lion Ryan Gold. Yes, yes, all the YES (see above).

BONUS: I read somewhere that Kim Jae-wook loves to clean and sometimes cleans for 4-5 hours at a time. I just needed to share that information

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1