Kim Jae Wook 김재욱 / キム・ジェウク

Ayame

10 minutes ago, sillygal said:

When he's in New York, he's Ryan Gold, when he's in Korea, he's Heo Yoon Je. haha!!

Nope, he will always be Ryan Gold.

Anyway, I like him in this colour combo, one of the few saving graces of the crap that was ep 15:

ZTnH9Zu.jpg

• Like 4
  • Love 1

10 hours ago, sillygal said:

He's definitely worth my time to share my story. :blush:

I love your sharing for Kim Jae Wook!! I love how the way you said that he made the roles his and could only played by him. 

Also, your blog is awesome!! Another step for me to get to know this awesome man!! :wub:

I am still considering which drama should I watch first. What would be your recommendation? 

Thank you for your appreciation and for visiting my blog.

That's really my thought before I even read his interview about making his role his. Over the years I watched him, I really think he plays his roles well, like Min Sun Woo could not be played by other actors except for him (Min Sun Woo is Kim Jae Wook and Kim Jae Wook is Min Sun Woo), and the same as other roles. I really love his method acting of living as his roles and breathing as them. I'm fond of dramas and movies and love great acting which can pull me into their world and living as the characters. When I was focusing on movies or dramas, I can't even hear my friends calling me. So I know a good acting when I see one.

As for recommendation of Kim Jae Wook's projects, I suggest you to watch everything, hahaha. I don't know but I have this mood while watching so when I'm not in the mood for melo, I couldn't watch it or couldn't enjoy it so much. So I think it depends on your mood right now.

Are you in for horror, then watch The Guest.

Are you in for a crime/thriller then watch Voice.

Are you in for a sad drama, then watch Who Are You, Another Way, Butterfly Sleep.

Are you in need to let your frustration out, then watch Temperature of Love, because you will feel the urge to curse all the other characters for making Park Jung Woo suffers.

Bad Guy is good for a heartache.

And if you want to see a weird drama/movie, watch Marry Me, Mary (when KJW said he didn't pick MMM drama because the charm of his character I get that because IMO he looks uncomfortable in that role, although I still like Jung In better than Moo Gyul played by Jang Geun Seuk), Pygmalion's Love (it's not just because the story of losing memory but because jump from scene to scene is lacking in my opinion), and Planck Constant (this is weird because of its theme-sexual fantasy). I don't like Inspiring Generation so I just watched the short span where Kim Jae Wook is in, it's his only drama I didn't watch in complete.

If you want something light then go for Two Rooms, Two Nights, Coffee Prince, and Her Private Life.

While Antique is great for any kinds of mood. I have to stop myself from watching it too many times. Since 2009 until now I have watched it 7 times, it doesn't include the one I only watched for particular scene.

Did I miss anything? I didn't mentioned his minor roles in purpose.

• Like 2

On 6/4/2019 at 12:01 AM, zenya22 said:

https://www.hancinema.net/interview-model-and-actor-kim-jae-wook--part-1-24770.html

https://www.hancinema.net/interview-model-and-actor-kim-jae-wook--part-2-24769.html

https://www.hancinema.net/interview-model-and-actor-kim-jae-wook--part-3-24768.html

Here are 3 interviews of KJW for those interested. From reading these interviews, I can see why he swags naturally because his mindset swags. Courageous mind and body swag ... that is super sexy. He follows his own path .... One can see it in his work. I love the movie Antique, when you really see he is a true artist.  He talks about the lyrics he writes that it shows what he feels and thinks. I wish though that the songs would be translated in English.

This interview was done in 2010... I hope he will do an interview like this again and talk about the dramas he worked on 

Hi everyone! I loved JaeWook in Coffee Prince but never followed him or watched his works after CP. Now is definitely time to catch up.  I’ve never fangirled before but Ryan Gold’s character (really kJW’s acting) has totally enchanted me. The withdrawal and urgency to get to know KJW more got real!!!

My random rants:

Thank you for sharing these links! I enjoyed reading the interviews even if it was almost 10 years ago. Is it strange if I can picture him in my head, hear his voice, and even imagine his posture and facial expressions? Lol

If in 2010, all he does is sleep for a month after a drama, I wonder how long it’ll take for him to choose another project. (~~~Heartbroken and dying on the inside.... but please get all the rest you need JaeWookie)

Yes, he’s freaking gorgeous but his no-judgement and carefree persona is so attractive! I love that he has a strong sense of self, who isn’t swayed by others and simply wants to do things that’ll make him happy. Thank you for being you, for your honesty and uniqueness! I just wish the best for him ❤️❤️

One of my favorite pictures of him...

AA97-B469-BE4-A-47-E2-A200-C8-DB77842614

Credits to owner 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

51 minutes ago, Jt922 said:

Yes, he’s freaking gorgeous but his no-judgement and carefree persona is so attractive! I love that he has a strong sense of self, who isn’t swayed by others and simply wants to do things that’ll make him happy. Thank you for being you, for your honesty and uniqueness! I just wish the best for him ❤️❤️

You described him very well. Thank you!

And Welcome to the world of fangirling.

2 hours ago, Jt922 said:

My random rants:

Thank you for sharing these links! I enjoyed reading the interviews even if it was almost 10 years ago. Is it strange if I can picture him in my head, hear his voice, and even imagine his posture and facial expressions? Lol

If in 2010, all he does is sleep for a month after a drama, I wonder how long it’ll take for him to choose another project. (~~~Heartbroken and dying on the inside.... but please get all the rest you need JaeWookie)

Well, I recommend to see Antique...the movie is all about the characters who get together and work together and their stories but KJW takes the cake. Even the low rated dramas such as Who Are You. Then there is Voice and The Guest he again steals the show even if he was the 2nd lead. Enjoy KJW's work and come back to tell us your take 

• Love 1

7 hours ago, JJChastity said:

And if you want to see a weird drama/movie, watch Marry Me, Mary (when KJW said he didn't pick MMM drama because the charm of his character I get that because IMO he looks uncomfortable in that role, although I still like Jung In better than Moo Gyul played by Jang Geun Seuk),

Why does he chosse to act in MMM? If you know? 

13 minutes ago, liltash85 said:

Why does he chosse to act in MMM? If you know? 

He said in The Moment dvd that he wanted to act with Moon Geun Young because he admired her. So as soon as he heard that Moon Geun Young was going to be in that drama he said yes. It was soon after doing Bad Guy drama so he didn't have much time to prepare for his character. When he reads the script he doesn't understand his character in that drama quite well and what's more unhelping is that they often get the episode script on the same day and are expected to perform the role. So it's hard for him at that time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/7/2019 at 3:19 PM, JJChastity said:

Hey, sorry just reply. I planned to make the post yesterday but got delayed.

Here is my post about Butterfly Sleep, you can read about both the movie and the making there because direct link is restricted in soompi.

I welcome you as a new fan of Kim Jae Wook. You can leave me a message on my site of what you want to see about Kim Jae Wook and I will try to put it out what I know about it first. Because I have so many things I want to post and they scrumbled in my mind.

Thank you for the Butterfly Sleep BTS

10 hours ago, Jt922 said:

Hi everyone! I loved JaeWook in Coffee Prince but never followed him or watched his works after CP. Now is definitely time to catch up.  I’ve never fangirled before but Ryan Gold’s character (really kJW’s acting) has totally enchanted me. The withdrawal and urgency to get to know KJW more got real!!!

My random rants:

One of my favorite pictures of him...

Credits to owner 

I definitely have the same feeling as you. I knew KJW the first time from Coffee Prince in 2007 and was so impressed by his black nail color. But I didn't feel anything about him and did become a fan of Gong Yoo.

Then among all these years, I skipped all his dramas as there is an attraction to me. Then I happened to watch HPL and surprisingly find that after so many years, KJS becomes so sexy and hot. He got talent for comedy also, which is a contrast to my old impression for him. And I watch BTS also. He is talkative and laughs a lot, not as cool as what he looked like to be when he was young.

It took 12 years for me to become a fan of him!!!

I also finished VOICE recently. I guess I would fear of him if I watched VOICE before HPL as he is really a psychopathic in this project

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sarafem said:

I definitely have the same feeling as you. I knew KJW the first time from Coffee Prince in 2007 and was so impressed by his black nail color. But I didn't feel anything about him and did become a fan of Gong Yoo.

Then among all these years, I skipped all his dramas as there is an attraction to me. Then I happened to watch HPL and surprisingly find that after so many years, KJS becomes so sexy and hot. He got talent for comedy also, which is a contrast to my old impression for him. And I watch BTS also. He is talkative and laughs a lot, not as cool as what he looked like to be when he was young.

It took 12 years for me to become a fan of him!!!

I also finished VOICE recently. I guess I would fear of him if I watched VOICE before HPL as he is really a psychopathic in this project

I heard that a lot from people that an actor's impression from previous works will influence them on seeing his current work.

For me I never felt that. I don't know. Maybe because I see the characters as separate living beings inside dramas and a drama is another world we experience by watching.

So when I watch Mo Tae Gu, I condemn him for all his acts and not swoon at him no matter how sexy he appears to be, played by Kim Jae Wook. As the drama is finished, Mo Tae Gu leaves and Kim Jae Wook appears as another person called Park Jung Woo. I seriously simpathize with him, his persona, his feelings, I cried when he cried. Then when he leaves, Choi Yoon comes. He is Choi Yoon who suffers a trauma seeing his brother killed their parents. Living his best to fight the evil who haunts him. His friendship with Hwa Pyung grows as he starts to open his heart.

And then Kim Jae Wook comes to live as Ryan Gold, I couldn't begin to say about this man. If I begin to say, it will never end. Ryan Gold owned me. But I know that no matter how perfect he is, he stays in the drama world where I can't reach and grab him out of it.

For me, it's not easy to like an actor as much as I love the character because after the drama ends and I begin searching I realize it's not the actor that I like but the character he plays. Unless the actor have this charm as a person in real life that could beat the character he's playing in the dramaland. And I see that in Kim Jae Wook. So I don't see him as Ryan Gold after the drama ends.

I don't know if these whole things I said is silly or am I ridiculous to having said this. But that's how I feel.

Isn't it nice the profession as an actor allow them to live many kinds of world as many different characters. Imagine the variety of things you could experience. As a drama ends, sometimes they need a period of time to shed the roles off them. That's a good actor. But if you don't perform with depth and just read the script and act it out, it's another story. But the audience will feel it.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

12 minutes ago, redcoral said:

Image result for Janice Man and kim jae wook

Heart of Gold is a fashion drama/movie made by clothing store Opaque, the drama aired on Opaque website divided by 10 parts. But the website is now called store world and the drama is lost. There are 3 parts uploaded that I found on youtube.

Here's the playlist:

I don't know anyone who has the complete series. If you find it, please let me know.

• Like 1

I haven't watch The Guest (my mind still stucked with HPL) but I've read somewhere that they left the ending with cliffhanger? So probably gonna continue as sequel in a movie?? 

i guess after HPL, KJW will probably gonna get the role for The Guest movie?? hopefully he will be part of the movie. But we probably won't get to see him in a new drama this year. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JJChastity said:

Heart of Gold is a fashion drama/movie made by clothing store Opaque, the drama aired on Opaque website divided by 10 parts. But the website is now called store world and the drama is lost. There are 3 parts uploaded that I found on youtube.

I don't know anyone who has the complete series. If you find it, please let me know.

Thanks.

He is so adorable!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, bliss1004 said:

I haven't watch The Guest (my mind still stucked with HPL) but I've read somewhere that they left the ending with cliffhanger? So probably gonna continue as sequel in a movie?? 

i guess after HPL, KJW will probably gonna get the role for The Guest movie?? hopefully he will be part of the movie. But we probably won't get to see him in a new drama this year. 

I wouldn't say they left it on a cliffhanger, more just that there are still some unresolved threads that they left open. Supposedly the movie was confirmed and maybe now that KJW and KDW are both done with their dramas, we'll hear something about it soon. I loved The Guest so much.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Kristin Lee said:

I wouldn't say they left it on a cliffhanger, more just that there are still some unresolved threads that they left open. Supposedly the movie was confirmed and maybe now that KJW and KDW are both done with their dramas, we'll hear something about it soon. I loved The Guest so much.

I'm watching the Guest, I'm at ep 7.

Here is a BTS from it can someone translate...please?

• Like 2

15 hours ago, JJChastity said:

Thank you for your appreciation and for visiting my blog.

That's really my thought before I even read his interview about making his role his. Over the years I watched him, I really think he plays his roles well, like Min Sun Woo could not be played by other actors except for him (Min Sun Woo is Kim Jae Wook and Kim Jae Wook is Min Sun Woo), and the same as other roles. I really love his method acting of living as his roles and breathing as them. I'm fond of dramas and movies and love great acting which can pull me into their world and living as the characters. When I was focusing on movies or dramas, I can't even hear my friends calling me. So I know a good acting when I see one.

As for recommendation of Kim Jae Wook's projects, I suggest you to watch everything, hahaha. I don't know but I have this mood while watching so when I'm not in the mood for melo, I couldn't watch it or couldn't enjoy it so much. So I think it depends on your mood right now.

Are you in for horror, then watch The Guest.

Are you in for a crime/thriller then watch Voice.

Are you in for a sad drama, then watch Who Are You, Another Way, Butterfly Sleep.

Are you in need to let your frustration out, then watch Temperature of Love, because you will feel the urge to curse all the other characters for making Park Jung Woo suffers.

Bad Guy is good for a heartache.

And if you want to see a weird drama/movie, watch Marry Me, Mary (when KJW said he didn't pick MMM drama because the charm of his character I get that because IMO he looks uncomfortable in that role, although I still like Jung In better than Moo Gyul played by Jang Geun Seuk), Pygmalion's Love (it's not just because the story of losing memory but because jump from scene to scene is lacking in my opinion), and Planck Constant (this is weird because of its theme-sexual fantasy). I don't like Inspiring Generation so I just watched the short span where Kim Jae Wook is in, it's his only drama I didn't watch in complete.

If you want something light then go for Two Rooms, Two Nights, Coffee Prince, and Her Private Life.

While Antique is great for any kinds of mood. I have to stop myself from watching it too many times. Since 2009 until now I have watched it 7 times, it doesn't include the one I only watched for particular scene.

Did I miss anything? I didn't mentioned his minor roles in purpose.

Thank you for your recommendation. I will get back on track once I've move on from Her Private Life because up till now I am still having the withdrawal symptoms and I think I will take months to get over. It's been awhile since I'm so into a Kdrama after 3 years. 

I saw so many photos of Kim Jae Wook in Temperature of Love and I super duper love his hairstyle over there and I know I will vent all my frustrations out if he were to suffer. haha!!

There is a very different feeling or impression if we were to watch Voice then Her Private Life and vice versa. When I watch Voice back in 2017 and Her Private Life in 2019, it's a total roller coaster for me, very refreshing for me to see Kim Jae Wook in a total new change. 

You've watched 7 times for Antique?? I will definitely watch it soon!! :)

• Like 1