Kim Jae Wook 김재욱 / キム・ジェウク

Ayame

KJW was a guest on "Stars' Top Recipe at Fun-Staurant (신상출시 편스토랑)" on Jan. 22nd. It's on Episode 63 of the show. You can find it with english subs on VIU or just the raw (no subtitles) on OnDemandKorea (it's under the name "Fun Restaurant" there.)

Here's some clips from the episode:

KJW's manager Mr. M posted a diary entry on KJW's Japanese fanclub, Luck. It's public for everyone to see. ^^ I translated it below.

~Mr. M's Manager Diary~ 2021.02.08

This is Mr. M, it's been a long time since I've greeted everyone.

Everyone, happy new year. ^^

You all know the reason why I've appeared after a long time, right?

Recently Jaewook-san appeared in a variety show, right? haha

9sSaSSS.jpg

Also, last month, Management SOOP uploaded another KJW video ^^

[VIDEO] "'김재욱'이 모닝콜을 해준다면?!  What if 'Kim Jaeuck' wakes you up?!"

Korean-to-English Translation (credit: 홍합 @ youtube)

Spoiler

Wake up. Aren't you going to wake up? Uh... it's time to get up. Let's get up. Since it's time to blow off your morning sleep, what should I tell you today? Um... what is your hobby? Some say that talking about hobbies is the most difficult thing in the world. You mean you don't have any hobbies in your daily life, right? Do I have to do it often to become a hobby? Well... what I think about is, hobby is what gives you a little bit of pleasure in the same daily life even if it isn't continuous. It doesn't have to be grand. Let's imagine. If you thought of alcohol drink desperately on your way home from work and if a glass of beer comforted you after that day's hard work, then drinking alone becomes your hobby from that day on. You don't have to be afraid that your hobbies change every time. Because that means you have so much fun things to fill your daily life. If someone asks you what your hobby is, be honest with your feelings. Think what makes you consoled and entertained. I wish your hobby was me today. I hope your morning was full of joy for a while. Have a great day!

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

A video from Management SOOP was uploaded a few months ago:

[VIDEO] How many 2020 ‘To-Do List’ has Kim Jae Wook achieved? (English Subbed)

Also some updates from KJW's Japanese fanclub 'Luck':

~Mr. M's Manager Diary~ 2021.02.15

Everyone, hello!

Today, let's start with a picture of Jaewook-san inspecting his clothes before he starts filming.

(*To see the rest of the diary entry, you have to be a member of the fanclub.)

spacer.png

spacer.png

--

2021.04.02 ♥HAPPY BIRTHDAY KIM JAEUCK♥

~☆°˖✧~✧˖°~☆°˖✧~✧˖°~☆°˖✧~✧˖°
HAPPY BIRTHDAY KIM JAEUCK
~☆°˖✧~✧˖°~☆°˖✧~✧˖°~☆°˖✧~✧˖°

Today, April 2nd, is Kim Jaewook's birthday.
We wish you a wonderful day.

Also, the fan club is holding a birthday event for Jaewook-san!
We're waiting for your warm messages

• 2 weeks later...

Hello! I discovered KJW in HPL earlier this year and have spent the past few months trying to learn more about him. Started HPL thinking he wasn’t the type of handsome that appeals to me but he quickly vaulted to the top of my oppa roster.

I’m still pretty new to K-dramas; I began my descent down the rabbit hole last April—largely because of Siwon Choi—when a friend persuaded me to watch She Was Pretty.

Just finished Sohn: The Guest (NOT my usual genre) and am now tackling Voice. Also watched Antique, Who Are You, Another Way, Temperature of Love, Butterfly Sleep, Pygmalion’s Love and a few of his web shows.

Here’s KJW’s most recent “appearance.” Glad SOOP managed to drag him in to film a brief vid for his fans:

• Like 3
  • Love 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Good news~

:fullofhearts:

[NEWS] Kim Jae Wook In Talks For His First Drama In Over 2 Years

moq72H8.jpg

Kim Jae Wook may be making his return to the small screen!

On July 27, industry representatives reported that the actor will be starring in the upcoming drama “Crazy Love” (working title).

In response to the report, the actor’s agency Management SOOP clarified, “Kim Jae Wook has received a casting offer for ‘Crazy Love’ and is positively reviewing [the offer].”

The crazy romance drama is about a man who pretends to have amnesia when he is told he will be murdered and a woman who pretends to be his fiancée when she is told she doesn’t have much time to live.

Kim Jae Wook has received the offer to play Noh Go Jin, who is the CEO of GO Study and the top math instructor in the country. If he accepts the offer, this will be the actor’s first drama in over two years since “Her Private Life” in 2019.

“Crazy Love” will be written by Kim Bo Gyeom and is in talks to air later this year.

source

[NEWS] Krystal In Talks Along With Kim Jae Wook For New Drama

Whl67rV.jpg

f(x)’s Krystal and Kim Jae Wook may be meeting in a new drama!

On July 27, an industry representative reported, “Krystal will be taking the lead role in ‘Crazy Love’ (working title).”

In response to the report, her agency H& Entertainment commented, “She has received a casting offer for the drama ‘Crazy Love’ and is currently reviewing [the offer].”

The crazy romance drama is about a man who pretends to have amnesia when he is told he will be murdered and a woman who pretends to be his fiancée when she is told she doesn’t have much time to live. Kim Jae Wook is in talks to play Noh Go Jin, who is the CEO of GO Study and the top math instructor in the country. “Crazy Love” will be written by Kim Bo Gyeom and is in talks to air later this year.

Krystal has been offered the role of Lee Ji Young, Noh Go Jin’s secretary with zero presence. She is at the top of the company when it comes to sincerity and responsibility, but she is so quiet, introverted, and hopeless at bragging that she seems non-existent.

source

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • Ayame changed the title to Kim Jae Wook 김재욱 / キム・ジェウク [Upcoming Drama "Crazy Love" Feb. 2022]

@backstreetboysfan Thanks for sharing the news ^^v

I edited the news to the topic title. :) Here's the soompi news article:

[NEWS] Krystal And Kim Jae Wook Confirmed As Leads Of New Romance Drama

cvcMNgk.jpg

Kim Jae Wook and Krystal are uniting for a new drama!

On October 12, it was officially announced that the actors will be co-starring in the romance drama “Crazy Love” (literal title).

Kim Jae Wook is confirmed to play Noh Go Jin, a narcissistic character who is the CEO of the education company GOTOP and the top math instructor in the country with an IQ of 190. One day, he suddenly finds out that his murder is being planned.

f(x)’s Krystal will take on the role of Lee Shin Ah, Noh Go Jin’s secretary without much of a presence. She is a hard-working and responsible employee but is extremely quiet and introverted. She manages the struggle of being Noh Go Jin’s secretary for over a year, but her life takes an unexpected turn when she founds out that she doesn’t have much time to live.

The drama’s production team shared, “We recently concluded script reading practice, and filming will begin soon. We will present a wildly romantic drama that meets viewers’ expectations.”

OVTsq8L.jpg

“Crazy Love” will be directed by Kim Jung Hyun of “Jugglers,” “My Fellow Citizens,” and “Awaken,” and it will be written by Kim Bo Gyeom. It is set to air in the first half of next year as a Monday-Tuesday drama on KBS2 and via the streaming platform iQIYI internationally.

source

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Soompi Forums Awards: The best k-dramas of 2021? Please vote!

Now is your chance to show your love for your favorite dramas of 2021. In the Soompi Forums Awards poll you can vote for the dramas you liked the most last year. :kiss_wink:

Which dramas will be the winners?

winner-icegif-9.gif

Your Event Organizers,

@partyon @confusedheart @agenth @Sleepy Owl

• 5 weeks later...
  • Ayame changed the title to Kim Jae Wook 김재욱 / キム・ジェウク [Upcoming KBS2 Drama "Crazy Love" March 7th]
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone! New fan here!

I just finished watching Her Private Life a few days ago and I was just... amazed by him. I absolutely loved Ryan Gold and I really enjoyed KJW bits of personality we could see through the BTS!
As I don't think I can handle Voice or The Guest at the moment I started rewatching Coffee Prince and gosh I also love his character in there!

Even though I haven't watched anything more from him, I've been having a look at how his other characters are (through mydramalist and such) and I really like that he chooses characters that are far from the stereotype.
I'm sad that he doesn't have a lot of main roles tho and that it usually takes a while for him to have new dramas? But I guess I've been lucky in this since his newest one with Krystal is about to start airing!

• Like 2

• Ayame changed the title to Kim Jae Wook 김재욱 / キム・ジェウク [Current KBS2 Drama "Crazy Love"]
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Ayame changed the title to Kim Jae Wook 김재욱 / キム・ジェウク
  • 9 months later...
  • 11 months later...