★★ DO NOT REDISTRIBUTE ANY INFORMATION OR GRAPHICS OUT OF SOOMPI. ★★

Name: 씨야 SEEYA
Date of Debut: Early 2006
Company: Core Content Media
Official Fanclub: Seeya with you.
Official Balloon Color: Pearl Light Pink
Genres: R&B, Dance, Ballad

SeeYa's Boram, Yeonji and Gyuri Farewell Message:
“We don’t believe that this album is our ‘last.’ So many things have happened in this group called SeeYa, but we’ve always had our loyal and supportive fans. It’s our last album, so we’re very apologetic towards them, but should the opportunity arise, we’d like to release another album under the ‘SeeYa’ name again.”  We did say that this is our last, but we truly hope that we can meet everyone again, just like the name of our album, ‘See You Again' [
Boram, Yeonji and Gyuri burst into tears with a final message for their fans] “We’ll be standing before you with a more mature image. Of course, we aren’t sure whether we’ll be standing under the name of SeeYa again, but please believe in us and wait. We promise to stand before you with better music again. Thank you so much for giving us your love.”

WELCOMING ARE FOUR LOVELY ORIGINAL SEEYA GIRLS
PLEASE DON'T TALK ABOUT 'THE SEEYA' IN THIS THREAD GO TO THERE RESPECTED OWN THREAD, SEEYA AND THE SEEYA ARE TWO DIFFERENT GROUPS PLEASE DON'T BASH ANY OF THEM OR COMPARE BE RESPECTFUL PLEASE AND THANK YOU

//H i s t o r y ♫

The group started with the ideas of the producers of male vocal trio SG Wannabe, who decided to create a female version of the group. SeeYa's first album was co-produced by SG Wannabe and included tracks by many of the songwriters who had worked with the group. SeeYa's subsequent albums, however, saw the group branching out into different genres.

Their debut album titled The First Mind was released on February 24, 2006, and was launched with the singles "A Woman's Scent" (여인의 향기) and "Shoes" (구두). They also performed "Because I Love You" (사랑하기 때문에), which features SG Wannabe. They continued performing through the year with "Crazy Love Song" ("미친 사랑의 노래"), a piece from The Invisible Man (투명인간 최장수) soundtrack. They also performed a dance remix of "Crazy Love Song" to showcase their dancing ability.

Their second album Lovely Sweet Heart was released on May 25, 2007.[6] The album sold 81,723 copies in 2007, making it the fifth best-selling album in Korea that year, according to the Music Industry Association of Korea. The first single, "Love's Greeting" (사랑의 인사), won awards at the 2007 Golden Disk Awards and the MKMF Awards. Follow-up singles included "Shall We Marry" (결혼 할까요) and "Ice Doll" (얼음 인형).

On January 2, 2008, SeeYa released California Dream, a "special" album that included songs that had been individually released as side-projects like "The Day," which Kim Yeonji sang along with Brown Eyed Girls' Jea; "Flying In The Deep Night" (깊은 밤을 날아서), which Nam Gyuri sang for a movie's original soundtrack; an O.S.T. song "The First Time In That Place" (처음 그 자리에) from the TV drama "Full House" originally performed by Lee Boram, and others. The album also included three new songs, including the single "Sad footsteps" also known as "Shoes II" (슬픈 발걸음, 구두 II), which was first released online in mid-December and went on to top the charts. On January 31, SeeYa won the Main Award at the 2008 Seoul Music awards.

In May 2008, SeeYa collaborated with girl group label-mates Davichi and Black Pearl to form the project group Color Pink. Color Pink released one single called "Blue Moon."

Their third album, Brilliant Change, was released on September 26, 2008, with the lead single "Hot Girl", an "electronica" song, which is in contrast with the ballads that SeeYa is known for. Korean Top Artist Lee Hyori commented on the album in an interview, "SeeYa are not only a group with singing talents, but one that has everything, I have seen their hidden talents because of the closeness we share from juniors to seniors [within the company]." She added, "I previewed the full-length album and I was so surprised at their transformation, and this album is one in which you can see all of SeeYa’s charms." During the promotion for the album, the group made efforts to play down the common perception that the group was mainly a vehicle for raising Nam Gyuri's celebrity profile, openly addressing the expression "Nam Gyuri and Others," which was by then being widely used by KPop followers to mock the Nam-centered promotion of the group.

In April 2009, Core Contents Media, SeeYa's record label and management company, announced that Nam Gyuri had stopped participating in the group's activities, thus violating the terms of her contract; the company also stated that it would potentially take legal action against Nam. Nam claimed that her contract was over and she was no longer bound to the company or SeeYa. Nam also posted a long entry on her personal mini-blog in which she seemed to refer to the head of Core Contents Media as "the devil," as well as accuse the other members of the group of making her feel lonely by sending her "cold looks like ice."

In May 2009, SeeYa formed a project group with Davichi and T-ara to release the single "Women's Generation/Eternal Love." SeeYa member Kim Yeonji described the project group as a "continuation of the Color Pink project." During a press conference at the music video shoot for the song, SeeYa members Kim Yeonji and Lee Boram acknowledged that they had not been able to make contact with Nam for some time, and confessed that they were disappointed by the manner of Nam's departure and puzzled by claims attributed to Nam and her "close acquaintances" that Nam had not been treated well. A tearful Lee cited the company's accommodating Nam's wishes to change personnel to the point that "there were no more stylists left for us to work with," and Nam's bargaining to participate in studio albums only if she was given more parts. Lee argued that the whole group revolved around Nam's wishes, and emphasized that the members had received an advance for a contract of five years.[19] As of June 8, 2009 "Women's Generation" had topped the Korean mobile charts for four consecutive weeks and was ranked #4 in mobile downloads for 2009.

On July 15, 2009, Core Contents Media announced that Nam Gyuri had resumed activities with the group. However, this return was short-lived, as Core Contents Media soon announced that Nam had permanently left the group on August 13, 2009. Nam also released a press release through her lawyers stating that she had left the group to focus on her acting career and had no intention of returning. In the statement, Nam announced that she was leaving the group because she was more interested in acting than singing, and could not simultaneously pursue an acting career and a singing career; therefore, she had turned down all other record label offers to recruit SeeYa, and would henceforth embark on a new career as an actor and not a singer.  While Nam did in fact resume singing as a solo artist soon after finding new management, negotiations for Nam to return to SeeYa ended with this announcement. SeeYa then began the search for a new member to replace Nam.

Nam Gyuri's replacement Lee Soomi was revealed in August 2009 and SeeYa's first mini-album titled "Rebloom" was released on October 28, 2009. The single "His Voice" (그 놈 목소리) received attention for its choreography, nicknamed the "Bully Dance" by netizens.

After finishing promotions for "Rebloom" SeeYa teamed up with Davichi and T-ara again for the release of the song "Wonder Woman" (원더우먼) in January 2010. On February 17, 2010, member Kim Yeonji released her first solo song "Let’s Meet Again" (우리 다시 만나요). In April, SeeYa released "Touch My Heart" (가슴이 뭉클) for the soundtrack of drama Personal Taste.

On July 23, 2010 Core Contents Media announced that Lee Soomi would leave SeeYa to join the company's new co-ed group Co-Ed School (남녀공학). Core Contents Media suggested that it would not search for a replacement member and Kim Yeonji and Lee Boram would continue SeeYa as a duo.

On December 13, 2010 Core Content Media confirmed that SeeYa was going to disband after their next album release and in time for the expiration of their contract with the label. The label announced that the decision was made by the members, who wanted to go their separate ways, and the label head, Kim Kwang Soo, publicly called on Kim Yeonji to renew her contract with the label, stating that the group could go on if she were to decide to do so. However, some media reports and K-pop pundits were skeptical about the label's motives, noting its history of negative media attacks on artists who refused to renew their contracts, and suggesting that the label head's interview was a bad faith effort to hamper Kim Yeonji's future music career by making it more difficult for her to find a new label.

Nam Gyuri, on hearing of SeeYa's upcoming disbandment, decided to join her former members in their last remaining promotions. SeeYa released their last album on January 10 titled “See You Again,” which includes a set of the group’s hit tracks and two new songs.

On January 30, 2011, SeeYa performed at Inkigayo with the songs "The Last" & "You're Gorgeous To Me". SeeYa greeted their fans with a final farewell and formally disbanded after their performance.

//M e m b e r s ♫

32zq4np.png

Name: Kim Yeon Ji (김연지)
Position: Lead Vocalist
DoB: October 30th, 1986
Place of Birth: Seongnam
Height: 163cm
Weight: 48kg
Educational Background: Major in Department of Postmodern Music, Kyunghee University

RANDOM FACTS:
- You'll wake up in the morning, and she'll call with a cute-filled voice .
- If she was late for meeting a friend, she would skip eating her food .
- She wants a man that will wait in front of her house for a long time .
- She thinks that Summer Dream is the perfect song for a hot day .
- She was afraid that her life would resemble "The First Mind" (Their first album)

qodfuq.png

Name: Lee Bo Ram (이보람)
Position: Vocalist
DoB: February 17th, 1987
Place of Birth: Anyang
Height: 163cm
Weight: 48kg
Educational Background: Major in Department of Applied Music, Seoul Institute of the Arts

RANDOM FACTS:
- If Lee Boram was late for meeting a friend, she would skip doing her makeup
- She's weak to a man with nice manners that are easily overlooked, it's the boy that will help you carry your backpack, but also the boy who would run away with it .
- Lee Boram has the biggest appetite out of SeeYa, she can eat a lot more than her other members

359e2r9.png

Name: Nam Gyu Ri (남규리)
Position:  Ex-Leader
DoB: April 26th, 1985
Place of Birth: Gwangju
Height: 165cm
Weight: 46kg
Educational Background: MyungJee Professional University

RANDOM FACTS:
- Weak to a man with a nice voice.
- Nam Gyuri led a hard life, she had to work countless jobs to gain income.
- Nam Gyuri has always wanted to be a girl scout.
- She loves fried chicken with sauce.
- She used to give dancing lessons to little kids .

2m81vfn.png

Name: Lee Soomi (이수미)
Position: Ex-Vocalist
DoB: March 3rd, 1989
Place of Birth: Gwangju
Height: 170cm
Weight: 47kg
Educational Background: Korea Aerospace University, Aeronautical Science & Flight Operations

RANDOM FACTS:

- Auditioned and won SBS's "Young Jae Yook Sung Project" in 2001 but never became a trainee.
- Joined and released "Rebloom" with SeeYa in 2009.

//D i s c o g r a p h y ♫

Album :

SeeYa Vol.1 - The First Mind
1. 여인의 향기 (Scent of a Woman)
2. 구두 (Shoes)
3. 사랑하기때문에 (Because i love you)
4. 접시꽃 (Flower)
5. Promise U
6. 처음부터 또다시 (Again From The Beginning)
7. 유죄 (Crime)
8. 이별해보기 (Breaking Up)
9. Tears And Fears
10. 사랑했다면 (If You Loved)
11. 그냥 (Just)
12. 내 잘못입니다 (It's My Fault)
* SeeYa Vol.2 - Lovely Sweetheart
1. 사랑의 인사 (Love's Greeting)
2. 결혼할까요 (Shall We Marry?)
3. 사랑이 좋아 Fond Of Love / You're My Man)
4. Dirty Dancing
5. 어떻게 널 잊겠니 (How Can I Forget You)
6. 사랑아 (Hey Love)
7. 그 사람이 나를 사랑해요 (That Person Loves Me)
8. Summer Dream
9. 사랑이 간다 (Love is Leaving)
10. 감동을 주세요 (Impress me)
11. 얼음인형 (Ice Doll)
12. 순애보 (Sun Ae Bo)
13. 남 (Other people / Stranger)

SeeYa Vol. 2.5 - California Dream
1. 슬픈 발걸음 (Shoes 2 - Sad Steps)
2. 그래도 좋아 (I Still Like You)
3. Classic
4. 연가 (Love Song)
5. 미워요 (Hateful)
6. 요즘 나는 (Unstoppable Marriage OST)
7. 깊은 밤을 날아서 (Night Flying)
8. 처음 그 자리에 (First Time In That Place - Full House OST)
9. 미친 사랑의 노래 (Crazy Love Song)
10. The Day
11. 정 (Love)

SeeYa Vol.3 - Brilliant Change
1. 가니 Feat.SG워너비[김용준]황정음 Mario (Are You Leaving?)
2. Hot Girl
3. Turn It Up
4. 집으로 돌아오는길 Feat.SG워너비 [김진호] (Way Back Home)
5. 내가 울더라도 (Even Though I Cry)
6. 덩그러니 (Alone)
7. 사모곡 (Love Song)
8. I Wish
9. 남자는 그래요 (Men Are Like That)
10. 그 사람(구두 Ⅲ) (That Person -- Shoes III)
11. 솜사탕 (Cotton Candy)
12. 나 없이도 (Without You)
13. Loving You

SeeYa Special Album - See You Again
1. 내겐 너무 멋진 그대 (You're So Gorgeous To Me)
2. The last
3. 여인의 향기
4. 구두
5. 사랑의 인사 (Love Greeting)
6. 결혼할까요 (Shall We Get Married?)
7. 사랑이 간다
8. 슬픈 발걸음[구두Ⅱ] (Sad Steps)
9. 그래도 좋아 (I Still Like You)
10. 미워요 (Hate You)
11. 미친 사랑의 노래 (Crazy Love Song)
12. 가니(Feat. SG워너비-김용준, 황정음, Mario)
13. 사모곡
14. 그 놈 목소리 (His Voice)
15. 눈물의 여왕

Mini Album:

Rebloom
1. 그 놈 목소리 (His Voice)
2. 앗차!
3. 눈물의 여왕 (Queen of Tears)
4.  바람핀다 믿었니 (Trust My Affair)
5. T-Gana

Singles :

SeeYa & Brown Eyed Girls - To My Lover
1. The Day
2. 정 (Love)
3. The Day (Version 2)
4. 정 (Love Hip-Hop Version)
5. The Day (Instrumental)
6. 정 (Love Instrumental)

Single - Shoes II (Sad Steps)
1. 구두 2 (Shoes II / Sad Steps)

Color Pink (Seeya, Davichi, Black Pearl) - Blue Moon
1. Blue Moon
2. Blue Moon (MR)

Compilations :

* All Star: Composer Jo Young Soo Project Album
3. 미워요 (Hateful)
* Zia & Various Artists - The Violin Album
7. 깊은 밤을 날아서 (Night Flying) - Nam Gyuri
8. 미친 사랑의 노래 (Crazy Love Song)
* SeeYa & Lee Ji Hye - All Star 2 Vol. 4
1. 바보 (Fool)
3. 바보 (Fool MR)
* MIRU - Go To Hospital (Lee Boram)
2. 병원에 가다 -- 눈물 (Go To Hospital -- Tears) - Lee Boram
4. 병원에 가다 -- 눈물 (Go To Hospital -- Tears) - Instrumental
* Miss S - Miss S Diary (Nam Gyu Ri)
1. 바람피지마 ft. 남규리 (Don't Cheat ft. Nam Gyuri)

OST :

* OST - Invisible Man Choi Jang Soo (SeeYa)
3. 미친 사랑의 노래 (Crazy Love Song)
* OST – Unstoppable Marriage (Nam Gyu Ri)
1. 깊은 밤을 날아서 (Night Flying) - Nam Gyuri
* OST - Koongya Adventure Online
1. 용기를 주세요 (Courage)
2. 용기를 주세요 (Courage) - Instrumental
* OST – Unstoppable Marriage II (Nam Gyu Ri)
1. 요즘 나는 (Lately I) -- Nam Gyu Ri & Lee Hong Ki (F.T Island)
* OST - Full House (Lee Boram)
1. 처음 그 자리에 (First Time In That Place) - Lee Boram
* OST - The Fate (SeeYa)
3. 씨야 (SeeYa) - 가슴속에 한사람 (My Only Love)
4. 씨야 (SeeYa), 다비치(Davichi), 블랙펄(Black Pearl) - 시차 (Parallax, Time Difference)
6. 씨야 (SeeYa) - 순애보 (Sun Ae Bo)
9. 씨야 (SeeYa) - 유죄 (Crime)
* OST - Gosa (Nam Gyu Ri)
1. 남자 (A Man) - Nam Gyuri
* OST - East Of Eden (SeeYa)
2. Crazy Woman - Seeya (Kim Yeonji), Davichi (Lee Haeri), Black Pearl (Lee Jung Min)
8. 홍두ⅱ (Hong Doo II) - Lee Boram
and many more.

//M u s i c v i d e o s ♫

First Album MV:
구두 (Shoes)
사 랑하기때문에 (Because I Love You)
여 인의 향기 (Scent of a Woman)

Second Album MV:
사랑의 인사 (Love's Introduction)
결 혼할까요 (Shall we get Marry)
얼 음인형 (Ice Doll)

Special Album MV:
슬픈 발걸음 구두 II (Sad Footsteps Shoes II)
그 래도 좋아 (I Still Like You)

Third Album MV:
Hot Girl
가 니 (Are You Leaving?)
그 사람 구두 Ⅲ (That Person Shoes Ⅲ)

All Star: Composer Jo Young Soo Project Album MV:
미워요 (Hateful)

OST - Gosa MV:
남자 (A Man)

OST - Invisible Man Choi Jang Soo MV:
미친 사랑의 노래 (Crazy Love Song)

Miss S Diary Album MV:
미스에스 (Miss S)

SeeYa & Brown Eyed Girls - To My Lover Single MV:
The Day
情 (Love)

Color Pink Single MV:
Blue Moon

//A w a r d s ♫

* 13th Korea Entertainment and Art Award - Female Group Singer Award
* 3th Asia Song Festival - New Artist Award
* 2006 M.NET/KM Music Festival (MKMF) - Best OST Award
* 16th Seoul Music Awards - New Artist Award
* 21th Golden Disk Awards - New Artist Award
* SBS Music Awards - New Female Artist Award

* 2007 M.NET/KM Music Festival (MKMF) - Best Female Group 사랑의 인사 (Love's Greetings)
* 22th Golden Disk Awards - Digital phonograph record - Main Award

* 17th Seoul Music Awards - Main Award

/ / C r e d i t s ♫
Princess @ Soompi [putting together & graphics]
Wikipedia [information]
Daum [information]
Cyworld [pics]

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got the preview of their album from Z-degrees. :)

I already love Gavy NJ and I know I'm going to love this group just as much.

I'm definitely going to follow them when they debut later this month.

I hope both groups make a lot of appearances on gayo shows and other shows as well.

It seems like Gavy NJ is nowhere to be seen on TV, just like SG Wannabe. I hope it's not the same with See Ya.

(I do have one gripe though. The group's name.. well it's not like other Korean groups have the best name either, but See Ya?? :mellow: )

I'm not liking track 4 - 접시꽃 or track 5 - Promise U, but I really like track 2 - 여인의 향기. Track 3 - 구두 is OK.

Track 2 - 여인의 향기 reminds me of Gavy NJ's song Happiness A LOT. I'm not saying the melodies are similar, but the structure of both songs is identical.

sampled a track from maxmp3

they're pretty good.!

hey, i barely hear female groups with this type of voice youknow? really strong. really soul-ish man.

7.5/10.

I got the preview of their album from Z-degrees. :)

I already love Gavy NJ and I know I'm going to love this group just as much.

I'm definitely going to follow them when they debut later this month.

I hope both groups make a lot of appearances on gayo shows and other shows as well.

It seems like Gavy NJ is nowhere to be seen on TV, just like SG Wannabe. I hope it's not the same with See Ya.

(I do have one gripe though. The group's name.. well it's not like other Korean groups have the best name either, but See Ya?? :mellow: )

me too seriously think Gavy NJ deserved more appearance in music shows and i hope SEE YA will actively promote their debut album with more performance on music shows....

I too wonder why they chose "SEE YA" as their group name its kind of weird maybe there is some meaning behind their group name...

I can't wait to listen to their songs. So, Gavy Nj is not the female version of SG Wannabe? :unsure:

Not the official female version of them, but they're considered very much in Korea to be a female version of the them since all the similarities are there.

Guest suejinners

DANG. im so happy that sg wannabe's company made them

i can't picture gyuri with this deep voice 0___0;;

they live up to my expectations.

im glad more groups are coming out based on voices/talent rather than looks<3

im so happy that sgwannabe's song writers worked with them also!~~~~ they make the best songs

I heard that one song they sang. They're really good ! haha

seriously, they are the female vers. of SG WANNABE XD

but what i'm suprised is that, their voices and their outer appearances don't match XD

if you look at them, they don't look like they'd sing like that. but haha oh well

they're really good singers !

Guest ii alicex

i think they and gavy nj are gonna be rivals

there are A LOT of similarities between the two, as well as sg wannabe.

the members of this group are all really talented. i hope to hear more from them =)

i just saw the mv and dang, they really are the female version of sg wannabe.! Their voices are really deep too.

Must check out their album soon!

their song sounds like an sg wannabe song =)

they sound great but it seems like one girl is singing most of the song..?

i think their voices sound too similar to each other.

their voices lack unique style but it's very impressive.

they sound TALENTED.

korean music needs more talented girls.

and the pretty faces are definitely a plus

i will keep an eye out for them^^

Archived