Survey -- Technology

COLLEGE PROJECT (PLEASE HELP! Anyone may take :])

EMERGENCY!

My older cousin is working on a college project and is need for these in relationships to TAKE THIS SURVEY~ We need as much as we need. SO TAKE TAKE TAKE!! PLEASE :D

CODE BELOW QUOTE

Purpose: to determine how the improvement of technology affects human development.

Ethnicity:

Income:

City and State:

Please those of which answer to the following (TRUTHFUL PLEASE):

1.Would you prefer to walk/ride a bike or ride/drive a vehicle to get to your destination?

2.When solving division or multiplication, would you solve it in your head, by paper, or by calculator? If by calculator, would you be able to solve it by paper?

3.Would you rather go out on a typical day or stay home and play video games or use the internet?

4.On average, how many hours a week do you spend on the internet or watching television?

5. Do you own a cell phone? If so, what do you use it for most?

6.When doing any type of school related work, do you rely on the internet for answers? Chose one please.

never []

rarely []

sometimes []

often []

always []

7. Without technology, would you say that education would be much harder?

CODE.

[font="Times New Roman"]

[b]Purpose[/b]: to determine how the improvement of technology affects human development. 

[b]Gender:[/b]

[b]Age:[/b]

[b]Ethnicity:[/b]

[b]Occupation:[/b]

[b]Income:[/b]

[b]City and State:[/b]

[b] 1.Would you prefer to walk/ride a bike or ride/drive a vehicle to get to your destination? [/b]

[b]2.When solving division or multiplication, would you solve it in your head, by paper, or by calculator? If by calculator, would you be able to solve it by paper?[/b] 

[b]3.Would you rather go out on a typical day or stay home and play video games or use the internet? [/b]

[b]4.On average, how many hours a week do you spend on the internet or watching television?[/b] 

[b]5. Do you own a cell phone? If so, what do you use it for most? [/b]

[b]6.When doing any type of school related work, do you rely on the internet for answers? Chose [u]one[/u] please[/b]. 

never []

rarely []

sometimes [] 

often []

always []

[b]7. Without technology, would you say that education would be much harder?[/b][/font]

THANK YOU AND AGAIN...PLEASE TAKE~ <3

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

eh why not?

Purpose: to determine how the improvement of technology affects human development.

Ethnicity:Vietnamese

Income:$0

City and State:Los Angeles, CA

1.Would you prefer to walk/ride a bike or ride/drive a vehicle to get to your destination? well if the distance is close enough: walk/ride a bike

2.When solving division or multiplication, would you solve it in your head, by paper, or by calculator? If by calculator, would you be able to solve it by paper?paper

3.Would you rather go out on a typical day or stay home and play video games or use the internet? use the internet

4.On average, how many hours a week do you spend on the internet or watching television?30

5. Do you own a cell phone? If so, what do you use it for most? yes; making phone calls; the occasional text message

6.When doing any type of school related work, do you rely on the internet for answers? Chose one please.

This really depends on the assignment, but:

never []

rarely []

sometimes [x]

often []

always []

7. Without technology, would you say that education would be much harder? Yes

Guest predator

Ethnicity: Hmong

Income: $0

City and State: Eau Claire, WI

1.Would you prefer to walk/ride a bike or ride/drive a vehicle to get to your destination?

It depends on how far it is.

If it's close, I'd prefer to ride a bike.

But if it's like really far, I'd take a vehicle.

2.When solving division or multiplication, would you solve it in your head, by paper, or by calculator? If by calculator, would you be able to solve it by paper?

I like doing it by paper. :mellow:

3.Would you rather go out on a typical day or stay home and play video games or use the internet?

I'd rather go out.

4.On average, how many hours a week do you spend on the internet or watching television?

About 30 to 35 hours -.-

No -.-

never []

rarely []

sometimes [x]

often []

always []

Definitely, imo.

Ethnicity:chinese

Income:$0.00

City and State:Los Angeles, CA

Ride to destination.

paper

Internet all day. (I do that already)

95 hours online

Yes, text messages.

never []

rarely []

sometimes [*]

often []

always []

No, most of our education is still designed to be "with the thought of people without computers" in mind. It makes searching easier, but no one believes in online sources which defeats the whole purpose of avoiding the library.

Guest iloveRAiNBOWS

Ethnicity: Chinese

Income: 0

City and State: Vancouver, British Columbia

1.Would you prefer to walk/ride a bike or ride/drive a vehicle to get to your destination? Depends how far my destination is, but ride/drive a vehicle most likely.

2.When solving division or multiplication, would you solve it in your head, by paper, or by calculator? If by calculator, would you be able to solve it by paper? Head.

3.Would you rather go out on a typical day or stay home and play video games or use the internet? Go out.

4.On average, how many hours a week do you spend on the internet or watching television? uh... 63 hours + ?

5. Do you own a cell phone? If so, what do you use it for most? Yes, for telling people things, or trying to find people? :S Communication.

never []

rarely []

sometimes []

often [x]

always []

7. Without technology, would you say that education would be much harder? In a sense, yes. Without technology, we would have to handwrite anything, but if we did not have technology in the first place, we would not be complaining nor would we think of it as being harder.

Hope that helps. Lalala

Guest mickys_psychokick

Ethnicity: filipino

Income: n/a

City and State: LA, CA

ride/drive a vehicle

by head/paper

use the internet

80hrs

yes, texting

never []

rarely []

sometimes []

often [x]

always []

no, but trying to do long in dept research papers/project the internet IMO is a much more faster resource to find things.

Ethnicity: Chinese

City and State: Las Vegas, NV

1.Would you prefer to walk/ride a bike or ride/drive a vehicle to get to your destination? ride/drive if long distance & summer. walk/ride if short distance & is in the winter.

2.When solving division or multiplication, would you solve it in your head, by paper, or by calculator? If by calculator, would you be able to solve it by paper? paper

3.Would you rather go out on a typical day or stay home and play video games or use the internet? stay home

4.On average, how many hours a week do you spend on the internet or watching television? 50+ >__>

5. Do you own a cell phone? If so, what do you use it for most? Yes, texting:x

never []

rarely []

sometimes []

often [x]

always []

7. Without technology, would you say that education would be much harder? not really...

Ethnicity: Korean

Income: Middle class bachelor

City and State: Canada, Van. BC

ride/drive.

Paper. Easier ones go to head, hardest ones go to calculator... but usually I use paper

go out

roughly.. 30? lol

Friends and family, no conversations

never []

rarely []

sometimes [x]

often []

always []

I don't think it would be harder to learn, although I believe it might be harder to teach.

Guest Alexiel

Ethnicity: Khmer/Vietnamese/Chinese

City and State: Plainfield, IN

Ride/drive a vehicle, since everything isn't really walking distance

Haha, probably by calculator because it's faster. I would be able to solve it on paper though.

It depends. Usually I would stay home, but if someone asks me to go out, then I would.

A lot.. 80+

Yes. Talking to friends and letting my parents know where I am if I go out.

never []

rarely []

sometimes []

often [x]

always []

I suppose, since it would take longer to look for information in books (and to actually find the books, without a digital catalogue system) than to do a Google search for research papers and whatnot. However, we can always adjust.

Guest xquisite_

Ethnicity: Vietnamese.

Income: $0

City and State: Calgary, Alberta, (Canada).

If it's within a 45 minute walk, then I usually walk.

If it's farther then I take the bus/c-train.

I solve it in my head, and if I can't do that then by paper.

And if all else fails then the calculator.

Go out, I guess.

Approximately, 14 hours of television.

Approximately, 21 hours of internet.

I don't have a cell phone.

never []

rarely []

sometimes []

often [x]

always []

I don't think it would be too too hard, students would just have to put in more effort.

And overtime the majority of students would adjust and adapt.

Ethnicity: Mostly Cambodian

Income: N/A

City and State: Long Beach, CA

Drive a vehicle to get to destination.

In my head.

Stay home.

A good 40 hours.

Talk and text.

never []

rarely [x]

sometimes []

often []

always []

Not really, but it`ll be a lot of pressure on us.

Guest ☆원이☆

Ethnicity: korean

City and State: boston, ma

drive a vechicle

in my head

go out

6 hours

yes, to contact people

never []

rarely [x]

sometimes []

often []

always []

yes

Guest marrymehyori

Nobody ever likes the way I answer surveys, I always end up giving something of a lesson on survey design to the designer in the process of answering one, but oh well :P

Ethnicity: White, non-hispanic, american? Do you want my ancestry mix here? Should I use the census race categories in formulating my answer? What are you really looking for here...

Occupation: System administrator, but that's a recent career change from 10 years as a programmer

Income: You'd do better to offer a choice of ranges...

City and State: Atlanta, GA (not exactly, but close enough... :P)

If the destination is close enough I'd always prefer to walk, but that's rarely the case so I usually end up driving :(

For trivial numbers I'll do it in my head. Start involving large numbers or odd fractions and it'll have to be some other method, in which it will depend if I'm sitting in front of a computer or not - if so I'll use the calculator application on the computer, otherwise I'll do it on paper. I'm not going to go rooting around for a calculator specifically. Unless I'm bored, like if I'm on an excercise machine and anyways nothing else to do, I may do non-trivial math problems in my head just for practice :P

Yes :P

Just depends on my mood and the weather.

TV: 0

Internet: Does that include hours spent on the internet at work when you are supposed to be working ;)

I have no idea, it used to be a lot more but I've cut back considerably of late, maybe 15 to 20? Not including work usage. If you include work usage it goes up dramatically, but then a lot of the work usage is legitimately for work purposes.

I do, but nobody ever calls me :(

So that leaves most of the usage for work purposes.

never []

rarely []

sometimes []

often []

always []

One answer, pshaw! Sorry, it's a poorly worded question and my educational experience spans several Internet eras, so you'll just have to suck up multiple answers :P

In high school and earlier the answer would have been never, because the internet was not in wide-spread use at the time, 100 baud modems were teh suck and there wasn't the content available anyway. As to my undergrad, well, usenet wasn't really an ideal place to look for answers and archie and gopher would have been utterly useless. The world wide web was just starting to come into popular usage in my senior year of college so I didn't really use it for school work, no.

But now that I am presently doing a masters degree, I do tend to use the Internet quite a lot. But that's more because I need to spend a lot of time with the US Code, and it's a hell of a lot easier to search an on-line version of the code than try to find anything in a print version... But I wouldn't answer always, just often.

How broadly are you defining technology here? I hate to be so pedantic but.. well, actually no I don't hate that, I love to be pedantic :D

Because I could trivially argue that the printing press, pencils and light bulbs constitute "technology" and without them education would be much harder. But if by technology you mean the World Wide Web, graphing calcuators and laptop computers, then it simply depends on what educational level you're talking about. I suspect at the earlier levels, elementary school, it may actually be harmful to basic education to rely heavily on technology, while at the graduate level absolutely it is very helpful.

But helpful vs. harder? Perhaps a bit harder, but I wouldn't say "much" harder. At least not for the serious student who actually cares about learning. For the lazy student who does the absolute minimum to pass because they just want the credentials as a gateway to a better job and resents actually having to really learn anything, yeah, for those people it is harder to not have the technology. Just a matter of perspective :P

Ethnicity:chinese

Income:<$10000

City and State: Sydney (NSW)

1.Would you prefer to walk/ride a bike or ride/drive a vehicle to get to your destination? drive

2.When solving division or multiplication, would you solve it in your head, by paper, or by calculator? If by calculator, would you be able to solve it by paper? head and yes

3.Would you rather go out on a typical day or stay home and play video games or use the internet?go out

4.On average, how many hours a week do you spend on the internet or watching television? 28hrs

5. Do you own a cell phone? If so, what do you use it for most? Yes, Calling + smsing

never []

rarely [x]

sometimes []

often []

always []

7. Without technology, would you say that education would be much harder?no

Ethnicity:Chinese

Income: less than 15k

City and State: Ny,NY

ride a vehicle b/c i heard biking can make you infertile or something like that, dont know if its true though.

depends, 2*2 = hand , 2*6= hand but 92*37 = calculator 32*12= calculator

play video games and use the internet

100+, 5* (8hrs for work + 7hrs at home) + 2*(7 to 10 a home)

texting

time

job

never []

rarely []

sometimes []

often [X]

always []

heck ya!!! we would be like caveman

Guest marrymehyori

I don't know what the thesis is being tested here, it would be interesting to see the results split out by religion and political views too. Too late now though...

Guest SHAR0NiEEE012

Ethnicity:korean

Income:none -.-;

City and State:torrance,california

drive a vehicle

calculator,sometimes

stay home and use the internet

i spent like at least 3 hours a day...so yeah

yes,i use it to call friends and school and texting

never []

rarely []

sometimes []

often []

always [X]

of course...

Guest YaMiTa

Ethnicity: Korean

Income: -

City and State: Tandil, Buenos Aires

1.Would you prefer to walk/ride a bike or ride/drive a vehicle to get to your destination? Drive a vehicle

2.When solving division or multiplication, would you solve it in your head, by paper, or by calculator? If by calculator, would you be able to solve it by paper? All of them...When i want to be faster, i use calculator, if it is difficult to solve and i forgot the calculator i use paper.. if it is easy i just use my brain ;]

3.Would you rather go out on a typical day or stay home and play video games or use the internet? Use internet

4.On average, how many hours a week do you spend on the internet or watching television? TV+internet = 20 hours

5. Do you own a cell phone? If so, what do you use it for most? Yes, to send sms, to make phonecalls, to play games and to take pics

never []

rarely []

sometimes []

often [x]

always []

7. Without technology, would you say that education would be much harder?yes!

Ethnicity: Vietnamese

Income: -

City and State: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

1.Would you prefer to walk/ride a bike or ride/drive a vehicle to get to your destination? If it's far, drive a car. If it's close by, walk.

2.When solving division or multiplication, would you solve it in your head, by paper, or by calculator? If by calculator, would you be able to solve it by paper? Usually calculator or paper, because I don't trust brain especially for division :x and yes I am able to solve by paper, I actually prefer solving by paper ^^

3.Would you rather go out on a typical day or stay home and play video games or use the internet? I'd rather go out!

4.On average, how many hours a week do you spend on the internet or watching television? Loads! um.. maybe 20+? o_o

5. Do you own a cell phone? If so, what do you use it for most? Yes. I use it most for calling and listening to music.

never []

rarely []

sometimes []

often [x]

always []

I usually use the net to look up things I haven't found in books or when I didn't properly time management and have no time to look things up at the library, or when I find the assignment not worth the effort :x

7. Without technology, would you say that education would be much harder? Honestly, I think it wouldn't be. I find technology such a distraction. So I think without technology, at least for me, I'd find it easier (although writing up essays and reports would be a major pain in the butt!)

Archived