Sm2007 Auditions

Guest Milkielillipop

Guest Milkielillipop

Canada,America maybe Singapore thailand china malasyai
Ok. as i posted on the other SM threads b4. they are going to come this year too. 2007 YAY! but yea. i asked them if they were going to asiatoo(malasya.singapore.china.thailand.) they said they werent sure yet. but i think they will so ppl in asia get read.

annyyyways, you guys can share some questions that you would like to find out and others may answer it. or sometimes ill answer yet. but please do read through the pages first because answering the questions over and over again get really anoying sometimes.>.<

ANYWAYS GOOD LUCK!<3

Edit//Update1

The dates still havent been posted up yet.

but i think they'll probably put it on soon i hope..

as for questions that ppl's wondering in there heard

when is it going to be?

not sure yet. havent posted the date

how old do u have to be?

they don't have a limit

and no. if ur like 17-23

it doesnt mean that the chances of u gettin in is lower

just thate u wont be trained for that long.

and yes if ur like 9-15

the chances are bit higher because they have enough time to train you

what are they looking for?

talented people.

good looking people not that the not that good looking people is not going to get in

but if a good looking person and a not that good looking person go for the audition

and they have the same talent SM is going to choose the better looking one.

are they really having an global audition?

Yes.

make up?

suggest u not put on make up because they want to see how u look like

natrually. by that i dunt mean u canot put makeup on

i mean u can still put some foundation and coverups on.

just to paste ur face with a whole bunch of it

modeling:

tall

skinny

walk down and strike 3 pose within 10 seconds

and at the end u HAVE to do a rythm test.

rythm test is that they put on some random music and u have to

dance to it. like how ever u feel like//freestyle

so i suggest u practice some dance moves ^^

Dancers:

remember to bring the music that ur dancing to with u

and you will probably be dancing after the rythm test.

Singers:

prepare 2-3 songs incase the person

in the same group as u sang the same song as u

and u don't have to sing in a specitific language.

just sing anything that suits ur voice.

and yes they make u sing accapella on ur first audition

and rythm test included

composers:

bring demo or lyrics

and give it to the judges

after that u are going to have to introduce yourself to the judges

and u can introduce ur self in chinese/english/japanese/ and korean

but korean and english is perferable

and yes u have to do a rythm test at the end there too

Actors:

choose a script for a movie

or one that u made up

and just act it out

do your best

and look good xD

inpress the judges

u can do a cry scene i think that will inpress them ^^

and yes u have to do the rythm test too

Some Note i took xD

-they are going to be filming whatever your auditing

-a nice smile through out audition which is important, entertainment companies like people who are confident and smile.

-i don't suggest ppl singing songs from SM. because they know who sings them. and they will compare you to the singer. of you do sound like the person than they wont choose you because you sound like that person. so choose a song from diff company or country xD. because they look for fresh talent no for what they have already.

-be yourself thats always a good thing. because that is one that that ur verygood at right other than ur talent ^^

-be confident. you don't want to look all shy and stuff because they probably are going to think that u don't have what it takes to sing/dance/ perform ect ect infront of a camera/thousands of people.

-Pick a song that fits your voice and style. Don't just pick a song because you like it, make sure you sound good singing it. or u can post ur soundclik or a video up here and we soompiers can give u advice on it^^ don't worry everyone here is verynice and i bet they are willing to help^^

-Sing everyday... it will keep your voice healthy and strong.. unless you are sick. and it will make u sound better then u expect^^

-remember to bring beverage to the audition. Water would be great. try not to drink milk the day b4 you audition and the day u audition because u know how milk is. it plugs ur throat and make u sound weird and stuff xD. just water would be fine.

-remember to warm up your voice b4 u go to the audition^^

-and sleep more. it will give you alot of energy and u won have panda eyes/bags when u audition wich lead u to dont have to use make up^^ don't even need foundations or coverups cuz u get enough sleep the pimples will go away and dont eat too much junk foor when the audition is near too

-Oh. and dress simple. like what u wear to skool u don't have to especially waste money on a whole new outfit just for the audition i mean ur onli going to use it like what less then 10 times? and SM likes student look so just wear something normal. and don't dress like a whorexD

-requirements; asian.

-Before you take your audition, please practice =] It’s better you sing Pop than KPOP. If you can play instruments or make songs, they will think higher of you. Dancing is very important too, BoA, TVXQ they all dance. Don’t sing any SM songs, like BoA’s, my prayer. A lot of people think singing that will make them thing “Cool, they’re singing SM song, let’s think higher of them.” But that’s not true. They will rather think “They sing this because they think it’ll flatter us, not true, they need to take chances.”

-Yes, they will ask you some simple questions like "Why do you want to be a singer?" or "Why do you want to join this company." And "what can you do that's different from others?" So be prepared =] hahaha, and for your other questions. but thats at the auditions in korea though.

im not sure if they ask u here, but anyways just practice some of ur korean lines

-height is probably never gonna be a problem. BoA.. she's 155cm. 155-160cm. she's TINY. yet shestill models and stuff. there's no height like requirement. we can't control our height. they won't care weight wise either cause they're gonna make yu lose the weight anyway. but im not really agreeing with myself on the weight part though. because like if u look skinnier then u look prettier. but anywayt i think they have experts or the put ur picture on the computer or something and make u look skinnier and see how u look if u look good then they probably are going to accept u and make u loose weight or something.

-Singing from your stomach forces you to project much stronger--trust me. Breathing deeply in your chest isn't as good, because you can't hold notes as long, and the notes usually come out much weaker.

-For dancing it's okay, they just want a innocent school girl look for how you dress.

- No parents allow in the auditions with you.

- unless its like a private audition or something

Lol. that took me alotta research i practicly read through most of pages from SM global audition help~

xD mostly got them from ppl questions and answer` except for some. i got it off my experince~ sigh`

2Edit//some helpful tips from soompiers^^

Q: Should I eat before I sing or perform?

A: If you are hungry, eat. Don't stuff yourself with a 7-course meal. Just eat until you are satisfied. Always eat at least an hour before your performance to avoid what singers call a "gunky" throat. You will have the strongest temptation to clear your throat (which can be harmful) immediately after eating, but waiting an hour is usually enough time for your meal to settle.

Q: What's the proper way to clear my throat?

A: Some say that you should never clear your throat, but excess mucous inhibits free vocal cord coordination. The trick is to find a way to clear your throat without irritating it. Do a gentle "whispered cough" (without tone) and then swallow. Repeat. If this doesn't work, you need to deal with the excess mucous production. Squeeze a 1/4 of a lemon in a tall glass of water and sip over about 20 minutes. This should cut through a lot of the excess mucous. Furthermore, watch your dairy intake... especially cheese. You should never eat it on the day of a performance!

warm up excersises for throat

credit:Sushii

DRINK like hot water,not like super hot though, more like warm water. And drink like citric juice, like lime, orange and lemon juice

credits: sunnyside

eDIT

THE DATES ARE UP!!!!

Audition Schedule & Location.

9/13-14 Los Angeles

9/22 Chicago

9/28 Washington D.C

9/30 New York

10/7 San Francisco

10/12 Orange County

10/14 Vancouver

10/20 Toronto

and im sry for people in asia>.<

• Replies 806
  • Created
  • Last Reply

w00t!! you go girl!! Milkielillipop .. 'bout time someone started this thread .. HAHAHA!! .. oo? :tears: they weren't sure yet whether they'll come to asia? >.< omg ... i think i should start to worry ~>.<~

EDIT::

and my dear, it's malaysia .. not Malasyai :lol:

dun hit mee!! >.< *runs away and hide*

Guest ilovedonghae

yessir!

i'm gonna beg my parents to let me audition for this...

do you know when they're coming?

Guest lovablekrnstar63

SophiaSan:

hahaha

'army of kids'

that's funny. =]

wow. maybe there's gonna have am SMA

'sm army' like DA in harry potter

(still in a HP frenzy)

Guest smile-jw

Ohh I thought they released the dates already..

Thats why i almost killed my computer for being so slow.

Turns out they didnt?

GAH@#$%^&*

But anyway,im excited.

I hope they come to LA~

(:

Guest Solly

^of course they would go to LA~

they always go to california. lol.

i wish they could do open auditions.

i would love to see people audition.

makes it more fun! xDDDDD

Guest tvxqsaranghae

what email addresss did u send your questions to?? i sent mine to the 2007 sm audition email address and got no reply back...

Guest hipopdancer

ah, ya, i heard of this one already when i went to their homepage.

here r sum screenshots to prove they are doing it :)

excuse the blue and highlighted stuffz...it was for another forum :P

SM-1.jpg

sm2-1.jpg

Guest hipopdancer

i think they might go to the same places like last year.

LA,CA ; Chicago, IL ; etc. where most azn would be at :/ just my thought.

Guest jenny~

^^ yeah i guess that means the dates aren't going to be up yet for awhile.

dudeee i can't wait!!

i missed last years...><

and i really want to make it.............

good luck to everyone =)

Guest aliks089

wow isnt it a bit late to organize such an event this year? i think itd be wiser to move it to early 2008

okay well anyway good luck to the participants this year!

Im sure many of you guys will go far!

Guest touche`

Wow, that's great but don't you think it isn't fair to those who live in CENTRAL? I think Chicago should have been in there. D:

Guest predator

^Yeah I don't think it's really fair either :mellow:

WTF? theyre coming again?

they already have like an army of kids.

LOL your post made me laugh

i agree with you though.

how many more trainees do they want? -_-

good luck to those auditioning <3

haha if it's anywhere near me, i'll go for the heck of it

it may be fun lol :lol:

Archived