Quantcast

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Take Five

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

i know someone has to be watching this. i haven't been this excited about a show since haruhi aired, nor have i enjoyed a mecha show this much since watching gunbuster. somehow, it's just that good even if it doesn't have some complicated gundam-like political story. hot blooded characters, hot girls, great animation and music...it has it all. super robot shows kick richard simmons.
ttgl1.jpg

Plot:
Gurren Lagann takes place in a future where Earth is ruled by the Spiral King, Lordgenome, who forces mankind to live in isolated subterranean villages. These villages have no contact with the surface world or other villages, and are under constant threat of earthquakes. Selected villagers called diggers are conscripted to expand their homes deeper underground. Simon, a meek young digger ostracized by his peers, finds solace in his best friend and older brother figure, an eccentric delinquent named Kamina. Kamina encourages Simon to join his gang, Team Gurren, to help him achieve his dream of visiting the surface world. One day, Simon unearths a drill-shaped key called a Core Drill, followed by a small mecha resembling a face called a Gunmen.[10][11] Shortly thereafter, a giant Gunmen crashes through the ceiling and begins attacking the village, followed by a girl named Yoko who attempts to repel the Gunmen. Simon uses his Core Drill to activate the smaller Gunmen (which Kamina names Lagann), and it is used to destroy the larger Gunmen and break through to the surface world.

Volumes: 10 (Complete) http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=13646Anime Episodes: 27 + 2 films
tengen-toppa-gurren-lagann-877673.jpg

tengen_toppa_gurren-lagann_211317.jpg

tengen-toppa-gurren-lagann-11.jpg

Yes, this show owns. Too freakin bad i cant find the last 3 eps since it got licensed x_X

Search Baka-Updates.com.. that's where I went when it got licensed :)

>_> yes. I KNOWWW omfg. I honestly hate Rossiu now. I feel like strangling the mini cooper outta him. $#%T@%2 i cannot describe in words how much hate i feel for that guy.

holy crap, they broke space-time and combined with the motherf'in moon.

i was always kinda confused about whether nia really was evil or not but i guess this episode explained that.

So many unexpected things keep happening.

btw this anime has 4 episodes left seeing that it will be over by october and be replaced by a Maplestory anime.