[drama 2007] Fly High 날아오르다

Guest nancy3310

aha, thanks dunnie. that makes more sense.

i didn't know if anyone was still watching/interested in summaries, but i will write one once i get my hands on episode #16. thanks again.

There are quite a few of us waiting for your summaries. Also, don't forget the silent readers and the future readers. I can't tell you how happy I be when I finally get to a thread and there are summaries to read. Even if I am watching the drama by myself, the summaries makes it feel like someone is watching it at the same time.

So, let me say this

THANK YOU AMAEBI FOR YOUR SUMMARIES! :wub:

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest s0y6eans

Does anyone know where I can watch ep. 15 and on?

It's not on veoh and that's the only place I know where I can watch it.

Or any clubbox or downloadable places?

aha, thanks dunnie. that makes more sense.

i didn't know if anyone was still watching/interested in summaries, but i will write one once i get my hands on episode #16. thanks again.

Yes, appreciate your summaries. Thanks!!!!

ep. 15 summary:

two weeks ago: someone had posted rumors about james and jinhee on the company forum, leading to a scandal at work. james’ mom had just showed up at jahwoonjae to tell kangwoo’s mom something.

jinhee is feeling overwhelmed by both james and jawoonjae, and says she can’t do this now. james apologizes for jumping the gun and announcing their relationship to everyone, but asks her to please not run away again. he doesn’t like being left alone like that. even things that seem too hard when you’re alone can be endured if worked through together. he asks her to please stay by his side.

just as james’ mom is about to say something, the grandmother falls and they rush to check if she’s okay. jinhee and james show up at the hospital after learning of her fall. he tells dr. kang that he’s serious about jinhee and that he intends to marry her. while james is in a meeting at work, the topic of the scandal comes up and how he will handle it. he announces that intends to marry jinhee. meanwhile, jinhee overhears some employees talking about how james is only acting like they are in a relationship so that the scandal won’t be so bad.

james makes arrangements to go to jawoonjae to have lunch, so he can tell the elders about their relationship. when james’ mom (i hate saying that because in the story, she refuses to acknowledge that she’s his mother. oh well.) calls kangoo’s mom, kangoo’s mom begs off the phone saying that she’s busy preparing lunch because james is coming over. hearing this, james’ mom makes sneaky plans to meet jinhee at work, so that james will figure out the relationship. (i kind of really like jinhee’s weird sweater with the gap in the back). when james sees them, he’s so shocked that he sends jinhee off to jawoonjae first with his driver.

james runs after his mother and stands up to her (woohoo) saying that she said it from her own lips. they are not related, so why should it matter to him. james is so frustrated that he never actually makes it to lunch. it sucks seeing how hurt he is. as if everything she’s done until now hasn’t been cruel enough, now she has to take away the one thing in his life that he loves most.

yuri has brought food to james’ place and after eating daniel and james’ dad, she runs into james downstairs of the apartment. she tells him that she knows everything. she even tells him that his mom asked her to go to america with james. (earlier, yuri has also met up with james’ mother, and actually tells her that she is the coldest person that she’s ever met.)

jinhee is very worried that he never shows up to lunch. she calls yoonmi to find out where he is, and yoonmi says that he left the office a while ago to go to jawoonjae. james finally calls and he lies saying that he got tied up at work and he’s at the office. knowing that he’s lying and worried about him, she leaves jawoonjae to find out what’s going on. when she goes to the apartment, she sees james talking to yuri and hesitates behind a column. yuri sees jinhee hidden and starts asking about james about *jinhee* and *jawoonjae* getting james to say horrible things (how jinhee is so selfish and only knows her own family, how jinhee expects james to give up everything just for her), knowing that james will think she’s talking about james’ mom while knowing that jinhee will think she’s talking about her. all this is more believable to jinhee because of the rumors at work saying that james only is doing this to get over the scandal.

jinhee runs into dr. kang leaving jawoonjae. she tells him that thins are over. after this, dr. kang goes to james and punches him. hehe. james finds jinhee to find out what’s going on and jinhee says goodbye. all the work for jawoonjae will be taken over by joonoo. james begs her not to do this. what is james supposed to do if she leaves him? dr. kang sees the exchange and while james is trying to get jinhee to stay, dr. kang takes her away. but, he’s pissed! how can he let go of her if she’s not even going to go off and be happy!

in other news:

joonwoo didn’t know what to believe when yuri first told him about james and jinhee. but then yoonmi comes home after the office scandal and joonoo finds out from her that the rumor is true. he gets in touch with james and asks to meet him. he wants to know if james is serious about this relationship. james tells joonoo that he’s going to make her happy. joonoo asks how of all the people in the world, he was able to find that one diamond (so sweet!) and that she’s had it very tough, so please do all the things that his brother never did for her. and then he gives james a paper with her top 5 likes on it. so cute. he then goes on a mission to find a wife. he wants to get married so that jinhee can get remarried without feeling guilty. and he’s given up on being a male cinderella. he just wants to find someone who’s nice and good to his elders, and since he knows that marrying into his family means a lot of work, he will make up for it be being good to her. so sweet again!

and yuri’s dad is very displeased about the scandal and the way that james handled himself.

ep. 16 & 17 summaries:

when dr. kang is over at jawoonjae, the grandmother talks to him and says that she would like it if dr. kang was the one that jinhee remarried toshe asks him to think about it and tells him how much she likes him.

james talks to his dad about his situation. he explains that even though he’s always had his dad and daniel, he always felt like he was at the mercy of the wind, flying all about. but when he met jinhee, it’s like he finally found some roots and feels grounded. so then his dad asks him what he’s waiting for. go and get that life! hehe.

miri tells yuri to give up james now. that she needs to let him go and start living her own life. this leads yuri to tell her about james and kangoo being cousins. which leads miri to tell dr. kang. (this happens when dr. kang is walking around super happy thinking that things with james and jinhee are over. miri hears the story and tells him that she’s sure that things can’t be easy for james and that that’s probably what’s actually going on between them.) which leads dr. kang to tell jinhee. (this actually happens on a date they were supposed to have going to a baseball game. some date!) he tells her that he didn’t actually want to tell her, but that after holding something back from her for 7 years, he just couldn’t do it again. not after seeing how hard things have been for her. he would have felt too guilty to keep something from her again. hearing this news, jinhee goes back to james. (though why she gets over the things that she *thinks* he said about her so quickly is confusing. it’s not like she didn’t know before that his mother’s name was jinhee.) so with all the obstacles now out of the way, james and jinhee tell the elders. they are very surprised and want desperately to hear that jinhee didn’t give james her heart before kangoo died. she’s unable to confirm this for them. and of course, kangoo’s mother spits out all the mean and biting comments she can think of to hurl at jinhee.

joonoo comes back to live at home given his turbulent situation living at youngsun’s. he finds out that james told them about their relationship. happy to hear the news, he asks his mom and grandmother to send off jinhee happily and with good wishes. when kangoo’s mom says that there’s no way that can happen given that jinhee cheated on her husband, joonoo says very matter of factly that jinhee’s not the one who cheated, kangoo was. in fact, he had prepared divorce papers and everything. of course, when this all comes out and everyone’s back together blessing their relationship, kangoo’s mother has to twist it into something that jinhee’s fault again, saying that jinhee is a witch for keeping it from kangoo’s mom making her look like the bad one. ugh. they certainly do a good job making her character super selfish.

so then they are blessed, but they cannot take woojin, as he is their heir. and they can’t raise him from the united states. james says that they will remain in korea and raise him, but that woojin can keep his name (he won’t take james’ name). so things are back to okay again. (well, sort of. there’s all this talk about how if james breaks his contract which was to work in korea for two years and then go back to work for an american firm in america, he will have to pay back all this money, including all the money he’s earned, which will total $1.5 million. this seems absurd to me, and i’m not super savvy on business, but i’ve never heard of an agreement where you’d have to pay back all your salary. maybe your school tuition or something, but especially for an american company, this sounds rather impossible. a bit of a plot stretch here, in my opinion. the better plot point is that this was actually a big dream for james and he was really happy when he first got the job, so he’d have to be giving that up.) but then, of course, disaster falls upon them again. james’ mom tells kangoo’s mom that this marriage can never be allowed to take place. of course, she’s so easily hate-able. she asks how she can possibly endure having him in the family and staying korea. how will she deal??? all this whining about herself. she tells her about being james’ mom. kangoo’s mom tells the grandmother and the deal’s off again. finding out that jinhee already knew about james’ mom, she is thrown out of jawoonjae and forbidden from seeing woojin. the grandmother is super sad because she really wanted to see jinhee receive all the love that she never received from kangoo.

james finds out because kangoo’s mom calls to tell him to stay away from her family, including her sister. james is pissed!, goes to his mother and threatens her again. (he had threatened her earlier as well, saying that if she kept making things hard for him, he would have no problems telling the world that she threw him away. the reporter saw this exchange.) he says: hmmm, sure is convenient that before i wasn’t anything to you, and all of a sudden, i’m your son.

james has secretly been going to jawoonjae, *bending his knees*/begging to the grandmother, asking for forgiveness. he asks why he should have to give up the woman he loves for someone who doesn’t even acknowledge him. for someone who never called his name even once. for someone who even came to request that he say he doesn’t know her if someone came to ask. hearing this, the grandmother is torn. but she cannot allow this to pass. having woojin grow up calling james his father, when he’s also his uncle. she asks him instead to go abroad and be together, just the two of them. but everyone knows that jinhee would never, ever give up her son. she’d leave james in a heartbeat if that was the only way.

he gets caught by jinhee leaving jawoonjae. she’s mad, asking why he’s giving up his job and dreams and having to shame himself by begging all for some stupid girl like her. but he says it’s obvious. when you can’t have everything, it’s the easy choice to give up the less important things. to him, jinhee is the most important thing, so he doesn’t feel bad giving up anything else. he’s more concerned that jinhee is going to resent him for coming into her life and making things difficult. he reminds her again that if they stick it through together, they will get through it. woojin has been sick because he’s been so crying so much. she can’t stop thinking about woojin and so she makes a decision to move back into jawoonjae (presumably this means that she’s giving james up). as she stands in front of the door to go back in, the grandmother comes out, and moments later, james drives up and grabs her with this pleading/upset look in his eyes. it ends with the three of them all frozen.

in other news:

james meet jinhee’s dad and her dad just asks for two things. that he love jinhee and woojin, and to live longer than jinhee. james says that he think he can do that, and jinhee’s dad gives them his blessing.

that rock she keeps tripping on in front of the house is actually a gigantic boulder underneath.

youngsun’s dad shows up after hearing about the suhns/dates that youngsun has been going on and getting rejected because of the rumors that she’s living with a guy. her dad is pissed, but then after hearing that joonoo is going to be baek-hwa-joo’s heir, he tells them to set a wedding date.

youngsun and yoonmi both start to see joonwoo as a good catch and both of them start vying him. yoonmi brings over a picnic lunch for them to eat together. youngsun sabatoges a date that joonoo is supposed to go on. she claims that she’s just getting even for the dates that he’s ruined (indirectly, from the living together rumors). joonoo keeps teasing her saying that it’s because she’s in love with him that she keeps acting so weird in front of him and pretends to go in for a kiss. he then backs off and says that if doesn’t stop fooling around, he really is going to come after her. and then she takes it one step further in this *game* and kisses him.

james’ dad shows up for a homestay at jawoonjae. (he’s trying to get te inside scoop to help out james.) kangoo’s mom is hilariously in love with him at first sight. haha. it’s funniest when she’s trying to act demure while her real side keeps coming out when playing go-stop.both the reporter and the employee have caught on to the fact that james’ mom is his biological mom.

dunnie, thanks again for filling me in about the episodes. thanks to strawberry queen, i figured out that that the episode #16 i had was definitely not episode #16! now the story all makes sense.

ep. 16 & 17 summaries:when dr. kang is over at jawoonjae, the grandmother talks to him and says that she would like it if dr. kang was the one that jinhee remarried toshe asks him to think about it and tells him how much she likes him.james talks to his dad about his situation. he explains that even though he’s always had his dad and daniel, he always felt like he was at the mercy of the wind, flying all about. but when he met jinhee, it’s like he finally found some roots and feels grounded. so then his dad asks him what he’s waiting for. go and get that life! hehe.miri tells yuri to give up james now. that she needs to let him go and start living her own life. this leads yuri to tell her about james and kangoo being cousins. which leads miri to tell dr. kang. (this happens when dr. kang is walking around super happy thinking that things with james and jinhee are over. miri hears the story and tells him that she’s sure that things can’t be easy for james and that that’s probably what’s actually going on between them.) which leads dr. kang to tell jinhee. (this actually happens on a date they were supposed to have going to a baseball game. some date!) he tells her that he didn’t actually want to tell her, but that after holding something back from her for 7 years, he just couldn’t do it again. not after seeing how hard things have been for her. he would have felt too guilty to keep something from her again. hearing this news, jinhee goes back to james. (though why she gets over the things that she *thinks* he said about her so quickly is confusing. it’s not like she didn’t know before that his mother’s name was jinhee.) so with all the obstacles now out of the way, james and jinhee tell the elders. they are very surprised and want desperately to hear that jinhee didn’t give james her heart before kangoo died. she’s unable to confirm this for them. and of course, kangoo’s mother spits out all the mean and biting comments she can think of to hurl at jinhee.joonoo comes back to live at home given his turbulent situation living at youngsun’s. he finds out that james told them about

their relationship. happy to hear the news, he asks his mom and grandmother to send off jinhee happily and with good wishes. when kangoo’s mom says that there’s no way that can happen given that jinhee cheated on her husband, joonoo says very matter of factly that jinhee’s not the one who cheated, kangoo was. in fact, he had prepared divorce papers and everything. of course, when this all comes out and everyone’s back together blessing their relationship, kangoo’s mother has to twist it into something that jinhee’s fault again, saying that jinhee is a witch for keeping it from kangoo’s mom making her look like the bad one. ugh. they certainly do a good job making her character super selfish.so then they are blessed, but they cannot take woojin, as he is their heir. and they can’t raise him from the united states. james says that they will remain in korea and raise him, but that woojin can keep his name (he won’t take james’ name). so things are back to okay again. (well, sort of. there’s all this talk about how if james breaks his contract which was to work in korea for two years and then go back to work for an american firm in america, he will have to pay back all this money, including all the money he’s earned, which will total $1.5 million. this seems absurd to me, and i’m not super savvy on business, but i’ve never heard of an agreement where you’d have to pay back all your salary. maybe your school tuition or something, but especially for an american company, this sounds rather impossible. a bit of a plot stretch here, in my opinion. the better plot point is that this was actually a big dream for james and he was really happy when he first got the job, so he’d have to be giving that up.) but then, of course, disaster falls upon them again. james’ mom tells kangoo’s mom that this marriage can never be allowed to take place. of course, she’s so easily hate-able. she asks how she can possibly endure having him in the family and staying korea. how will she deal??? all this whining about herself. she tells her about being james’ mom. kangoo’s mom tells the grandmother and the deal’s off again. finding out that jinhee already knew about james’ mom, she is thrown out of jawoonjae and forbidden from seeing woojin. the grandmother is super sad because she really wanted to see jinhee receive all the love that she never received from kangoo.james finds out because kangoo’s mom calls to tell him to stay away from her family, including her sister. james is pissed!, goes to his mother and threatens her again. (he had threatened her earlier as well, saying that if she kept making things hard for him, he would have no problems telling the world that she threw him away. the reporter saw this exchange.) he says: hmmm, sure is convenient that before i wasn’t anything to you, and all of a sudden, i’m your son.james has secretly been going to jawoonjae, *bending his knees*/begging to the grandmother, asking for forgiveness. he asks why he should have to give up the woman he loves for someone who doesn’t even acknowledge him. for someone who never called his name even once. for someone who even came to request that he say he doesn’t know her if someone came to ask. hearing this, the grandmother is torn. but she cannot allow this to pass. having woojin grow up calling james his father, when he’s also his uncle. she asks him instead to go abroad and be together, just the two of them. but everyone knows that jinhee would never, ever give up her son. she’d leave james in a heartbeat if that was the only way.he gets caught by jinhee leaving jawoonjae. she’s mad, asking why he’s giving up his job and dreams and having to shame himself by begging all for some stupid girl like her. but he says it’s obvious. when you can’t have everything, it’s the easy choice to give up the less important things. to him, jinhee is the most important thing, so he doesn’t feel bad giving up anything else. he’s more concerned that jinhee is going to resent him for coming into her life and making things difficult. he reminds her again that if they stick it through together, they will get through it. woojin has been sick because he’s been so crying so much. she can’t stop thinking about woojin and so she makes a decision to move back into jawoonjae (presumably this means that she’s giving james up). as she stands in front of the door to go back in, the grandmother comes out, and moments later, james drives up and grabs her with this pleading/upset look in his eyes. it ends with the three of them all frozen.in other news:james meet jinhee’s dad and her dad just asks for two things. that he love jinhee and woojin, and to live longer than jinhee. james says that he think he can do that, and jinhee’s dad gives them his blessing.that rock she keeps tripping on in front of the house is actually a gigantic boulder underneath.youngsun’s dad shows up after hearing about the suhns/dates that youngsun has been going on and getting rejected because of the rumors that she’s living with a guy. her dad is pissed, but then after hearing that joonoo is going to be baek-hwa-joo’s heir, he tells them to set a wedding date.youngsun and yoonmi both start to see joonwoo as a good catch and both of them start vying him. yoonmi brings over a picnic lunch for them to eat together. youngsun sabatoges a date that joonoo is supposed to go on. she claims that she’s just getting even for the dates that he’s ruined (indirectly, from the living together rumors). joonoo keeps teasing her saying that it’s because she’s in love with him that she keeps acting so weird in front of him and pretends to go in for a kiss. he then backs off and says that if doesn’t stop fooling around, he really is going to come after her. and then she takes it one step further in this *game* and kisses him. james’ dad shows up for a homestay at jawoonjae. (he’s trying to get te inside scoop to help out james.) kangoo’s mom is hilariously in love with him at first sight. haha. it’s funniest when she’s trying to act demure while her real side keeps coming out when playing go-stop.both the reporter and the employee have caught on to the fact that james’ mom is his biological mom.

dunnie, thanks again for filling me in about the episodes. thanks to strawberry queen, i figured out that that episode #16 was definitely not episode #16! now the story all makes sense.

thank you! i love your summaries!

Thank you for the summaries. I like how this series doesn't focus on hiding the fact about James mother but rather it brings it up front and deals with it. For the first time I am saying 'awww, I bet that how it would be handled in real life!"

Shy spazes out on someone who won't even acknowledge you. I really like james and Jinhee they are fairly real characters people.

Amaebi ~ Thanks so much for your summaries! I really hated seeing James' mother's face...esp. when she met him at that lounge..her expressions are just disgusting to watch. I thought James' is her son with her first love...but it seems she has nothing but hatred for his existence in Korea.

Btw, I heard that there are only two more eps left...that the series will end w/ep19, is that true? I hope there will be a happy ending for James and JinHee.

Here are the Ep17 links to watch online....

★ 날아오르다 17회 다시보기 10월 19일(금)

http://p.uccc.co.kr/uccteam!220435!S

http://p.uccc.co.kr/uccteam!220436!S

http://p.uccc.co.kr/uccteam!220438!S

http://p.uccc.co.kr/uccteam!220440!S

http://p.uccc.co.kr/uccteam!220439!S

http://p.uccc.co.kr/uccteam!220442!S

Guest s0y6eans

These link's don't work anymore.

Any other links?

Or anyone uploading them on clubbox?

Thanks a lot!

Here are the Ep17 links to watch online....

★ 날아오르다 17회 다시보기 10월 19일(금)

http://p.uccc.co.kr/uccteam!220435!S

http://p.uccc.co.kr/uccteam!220436!S

http://p.uccc.co.kr/uccteam!220438!S

http://p.uccc.co.kr/uccteam!220440!S

http://p.uccc.co.kr/uccteam!220439!S

http://p.uccc.co.kr/uccteam!220442!S

Do anyone know if episode 20 will be shown or will they just show eppi 18 & 19? Is there any news on the official website? Can someone translate? (Thanks!!!!!)

날아오르다(18회)s_15age.gifbox5_top01.gifbox5_top02.gif1193224981569.jpgbox5_bot01.gifbox5_bot02.gif방영일 : 2007-10-26

종가 대문집 앞, 초췌한 진희는 자운재를 바라보고 있는데, 이때 자신을 향해 눈물을 글썽이는 시할머니를 목격하고는 발걸음을 돌린다. 그 순간 제임스가 차에서 내려서는 진희에게 왜 이곳으로 왔느냐며 다그친다. 그러자 진희는 자신은 너무 지쳤다는 말과 함께 자신 때문에 제임스가 꿈을 포기하는 게 싫고, 우진이를 포기해야하는 것도 싫다고 말하며 집안으로 들어간다. 이에 제임스는 충격에 빠지고 만다.

한편, 인성은 지갑에서 꺼낸 뮤지컬티켓을 보며 고민하고 있다가 시할머니로부터 진희가 왔다는 말과 함께 자운재에 들를 거냐는 전화에 곰곰이 생각에 잠긴다. 그런가 하면, 생모는 장전무로부터 제임스의 생모라는 사실과 더불어 어디서 그를 낳았는지 등 정보를 가지고 있다며, 지금 제임스가 하려는 감사를 중단시켜달라고 부탁하자 놀라고 만다. 이를 모르는 제임스는 진희의 친아버지를 만나고 난 뒤 차회장에게 사표를 제출하고는 진희와 같이 미국으로 가겠다고 선언하는데…

날아오르다(19회)s_15age.gifbox5_top01.gifbox5_top02.gif1193224999439.jpgbox5_bot01.gifbox5_bot02.gif방영일 : 2007-10-26

제임스의 문자를 받은 진희는 제사음식을 마련하다 뛰쳐나오고, 두리번거리다 이내 제임스를 발견하고는 곧바로 그의 품에 안긴다. 이어 진희는 도대체 어디에 있었느냐며 무서워서 혼났다고 털어놓는다. 제임스는 그런 그녀를 꼭 끌어안으며 다 끝난 줄 알았다는 말을 들려준다. 이를 발견한 시할머니와 시어머니, 그리고 친척사람들은 그 자리에서 얼어붙고, 분위기를 감지한 둘은 이내 떨어진다. 그때 시할머니는 휘청하다가 쓰러지고, 인성이 와서는 진찰을 하며 심각성을 전한다.

그러다 진희는 우진을 데리고 제임스에게 가겠다고 선언해 시할머니와 시어머니, 그리고 인성을 깜짝 놀라게 한다. 힘없이 집에서 나온 인성은 집안에서 일어난 일들을 제임스에게 말하고, 이에 제임스는 진희에게 전화를 걸어 고맙다는 말을 전한다. 그런가 하면, 제임스는 김의원과 만나게 되고 그 자리에서 한국을 떠나달라는 이야기를 듣고는 3주후에 그렇게 하겠다고 말하는데….

These link's don't work anymore.

Any other links?

Or anyone uploading them on clubbox?

Thanks a lot!

Sorry...they were still working yesterday...

Ep17 unsubbed is also available in todou.com but I can't transfer the links here. You can probably do a search on 起飞.

Or you can just dl from creidesca2's clubbox.

Edit: It's also available here Fly High Ep17

Archived