[drama 2007] Fly High 날아오르다

Guest nancy3310

Guest amaebi

ep. 13 & 14 summaries:

we last left off with jinhee’s husband being carted off due to some emergency in the hospital. in his final moments, he says sorry to jinhee (which would be miyan, anyhow, that’s what dr. kang says that kangwoo was trying to say, but i originally thought he was trying to say miri). and nothing for his son. but for miri, he looks longingly at her and grabs her hand. heartbreaking for jinhee and woojin. sigh. jerkface.

when he passes away, miri freaks out and is crying uncontrollably. why no one else is confused by this, unless they all know their relationship, is beyond me. kangwoo’s mom is meaner than ever, cutting jinhee down every chance that she gets. constantly reminding her that she’s not really part of the family anymore. saying that she has absolutely nothing to do with the baek-hwa-joo anymore. (jinhee says that the baek-hwa-joo was a big source of strength for her in many ways and now that she cannot be a part of it anymore, it’s very sad for her.) telling her that she was so selfish to not even let his mother be the one to hold his hand when he died. it’s too much for jinhee and she confesses that it wasn’t her that was with him when he died either. he was holding someone else’s hand and it was so upsetting that it’s breaking her heart. (wow, i’m impressed that she said that!)

james tells her that she has to let go, to forgive him. not for kangwoo’s sake, but for jinhee’s and woojin’s sake. jinhee says she cannot forgive. not after what he did to woojin. he was never there for their son even once. since the moment he was born, he never heard his father’s voice call him or he never got a chance to play with him. not even at the last opportunity, he still couldn’t give anything to his son, not even make eye contact with him.

james’ mother shows up super late for the funeral. apparently kangwoo’s mom knows that she had a baby and gave the baby up. (wow, another surprise this episode.) james’ mom catches a glimpse of james at the funeral and runs off before he can see her.

the grandmother asks dr. kang about miri, and why she was so upset when kangwoo died. she asks him what kind of relationship they had, because it didn’t seem ordinary. (finally, someone notices!) but then before they get a chance to talk about it, they have to run out to find out what kind of trouble kangwoo’s mother is getting into by breaking all the pots. grrr. she sucks.

yuri is in fine form with doing everything that she can to break apart james and jinhee. she goes to james dad and tells him that jinhee’s just out for his money and using the fact that he longs for his mother to manipulate him. (so low! though thankfully james’ dad tells yuri that he’s sure that james knows what he’s doing and that he trusts him.) she also looks into james’ mom’s relationship (she gets a tip from james’ dad that they are in politics, so it seems that james’ dad actually knows something about the family, and her snooping actually later gets james’ mom into a tight situation because the reporter finds out) and discovers that she is kangwoo’s aunt. she gets in touch with james’ mom to try to get them to break up, and they sort of enter a pact to get yuri and james together and yuri’s part of the bargain is that they will move to the states. yuri also gets in touch with joonoo to tell him that jinhee is after james and though she can’t tell him why, there are plenty of other reasons why they can’t ever be together. so she tries to ask for his help as well. mostly joonoo is just unbelieving. to yuri’s very slight credit, i suppose once it all comes out, it will cause quite a stir that jinhee might be marrying her ex-husband’s cousin.

jinhee is out to dinner with dr. kang and james and yuri show up at the same place. james and jinhee basically only have eyes for each other from across the restaurant, and dr. kang figures out that they both like each other. when miri later asks dr. kang about whether or not he finally confessed, how it went, and that from the look on his face, it looks like maybe he confessed too early. dr. kang says in fact, he thinks he didn’t confess early enough (he never actually confessed at the dinner) because it seems there’s already someone in jinhee’s heart.

there’s a moment when james and jinhee almost kiss (yay!) and then later on, there is a scandal at work with all these boards talking about james and jinhee and their much too close relationship. jinhee is really upset and worried for james, chases after yuri’s dad to tell him that james is totally innocent. that absolutely nothing is going on between them. they have nothing but a purely business relationship. later james and jinhee talk and james is pissed! how could jinhee lie like that? say that there is nothing between then when she knows that he loves her! he’s so hurt. jinhee is upset saying that this is not the time to worry about their relationship as his job and reputation could be in serious jeopardy, but james so sweetly declares that that is nothing compared to the hurt of hearing that he’s nothing to jinhee. and jinhee says that it would kill her if something bad happened to james because of her. how could she live with herself? and instead of being upset right along with her, james smiles. because it seems that jinhee may like james back. woohoo! and they hug and he tells her that he loves her. extra woohoo!

in other news, joonoo is getting closer to youngsun and they are sort of unconsciously starting to be attracted to each other.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest dunnie

amaebi ~ thanks for your summary!

Jin-Hee's mother-in-law irks me to no end...and now Yuri is turning evil! She can't honestly think that James will fall for whatever ugly scheme she and his mom cook up and marry her, does she? I might sound mean by saying this...I'm glad that Jin-Hee's husband finally dies. He remains cruel to her to the end.

Guest dunnie

Just watched ep14 does anyone think that maybe Dr Cha likes Dr Kang? It seems a bit weird because I thought she loved Kangwoo??? Also, it puzzles me that JinHee doesn't know Kangwoo's aunt (James' mom) name is the same as her??? Or just that she didn't make the association that she could be James' mom...

Guest amaebi

dunnie, i totally agree that dr cha was giving dr. kang the googly eyes. she also said something, which i can't remember now, to make me think that as well. it's confusing that she was in love with a comatose kangwoo for 7 years, but then as soon as he dies, she shifts her affections towards dr. kang. or maybe somehow it makes sense if she felt she was finally released from her guilt. who knows.

and you're right about jinhee and her aunt. there was even that time in james' office when the reporter said james was looking for a lee jinhee who was born in 57 (not sure if that was the exact year) and not that jinhee would know exactly when her aunt was born, but it should at least make her wonder, no? then again, i suppose jinhee is a pretty common name.

Guest i ♡ jamkooruhgi`

okay okay .. do you guys think the same as i do ?

i think it wouldnt matter if james and jinhee got together.

especially on her husband's side.

because if she wants to leave. they are no longer her family anymore.

it wouldnt matter

its not like jinhee and james' mom jinhee are related by blood.

cant wait for 15, 16.

i just started to watch this afternoon around 2. and now im all caught up till 14.

:]

Guest suejinners

^

thats what i was thinking too.

since Jinhee and James's Mom aren't blood related she can marry James.

its just the fact that JAmes mom was once her aunt-in-law (is that a word ? O_O? lol) might get in the way..

and since James's mom's sister was her mother in law...

hahah that sounds confusing XD.

i agree! dr cha was giving dr kang googly eyes~

^

thats what i was thinking too.

since Jinhee and James's Mom aren't blood related she can marry James.

its just the fact that JAmes mom was once her aunt-in-law (is that a word ? O_O? lol) might get in the way..

and since James's mom's sister was her mother in law...

hahah that sounds confusing XD.

i agree! dr cha was giving dr kang googly eyes~

Isn't the problem, that it would be awkard for Jihee and James to have a child since Jihee already has a son with his cousin.

i'm very confused. does someone know which episodes have aired in korea? did they only air one episode last week, #15, and then one today, #16? i waited and waited for #16 last week and i never found it. i found one for today, #16, but when i watched it, i swear things are missing in the story between the end of #15 and the beginning of #16.

amaebi ~ only ep15 was played last week. Eps 16-17 aired this week...so you might have 17 but not 16. I hope you're still planning to write a summary after watching this week's...

aha, thanks dunnie. that makes more sense.

i didn't know if anyone was still watching/interested in summaries, but i will write one once i get my hands on episode #16. thanks again.

aha, thanks dunnie. that makes more sense.

i didn't know if anyone was still watching/interested in summaries, but i will write one once i get my hands on episode #16. thanks again.

Archived