[drama 2007] Fly High 날아오르다

Guest nancy3310

Guest nancy3310

dude, I was thinking the same thing.

We need pics of him with the cast.

Do you mean this guy? Oh , he is Jung Min. in the drama he plays as Lee Jin Hee's husband's younger brother.

2007082015323779894_153410_0.jpg

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest dramaok

20070825093953567940942me1.jpg

TNS nationwide

ep. 1: 12.2%

ep. 2: 13.1%

goodluck to Wang Bitna in her first starring role!

she looks fresh and great w/out all that heavy makeup she always has on for her other 'dark' roles..

finally looking her age..

--------

20070820175341571081755cw7.jpg

Jeong Min [정민]

wow.. haven't seen him in a drama in so long..

--------

postimage1ca4765ps1.jpg

쥴리안 (Julian Quintart)

born: 1987

singer & broadcaster

^ he appeared in 'my tutor friend 2 [동갑내기 과외하기]' and

sbs variety 'way to eat and live well [잘 먹고 잘 사는 법]'...

Guest bichittybich

oooh kim nam jin!!! please tell me there will be subs for this. ah i want to finally watch something new from him

Guest antinh85

born: 1987

singer & broadcaster

^ he appeared in 'my tutor friend 2 [동갑내기 과외하기]' and

sbs variety 'way to eat and live well [잘 먹고 잘 사는 법]'...

Is that guy really American? or is he mix? could someone upload for us in mega or sendspace links.. thank you so much....

wang Nitba bangs are not attractive to me..they look kinda weird for her face..

Guest kassuma

im planning to upload these on my veoh since i like the storyline & kim nam jin now im stil downloading the eps ...so excited...both leads look good together from the pics so far

Guest dramaok

Is that guy really American? or is he mix?

he's from belgium. and this is his family:

imgp52274037jc4.jpg

he speaks french, english, spanish, and korean.

one of the reasons why he was cast in this drama was due to his good korean command.

btw..

flyhigh01avi000925224sp2.jpg

kim nam jin's english is pretty good.

flyhigh01avi002063061it8.jpg

so is lee se eun's.

flyhigh01avi000921687oe8.jpg

and most of all lee yoonmi's... her pronunciation is one of the best i've heard from korean celebrity.

he's from belgium. and this is his family:

http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/7278/imgp52274037jc4.jpg

he speaks french, english, spanish, and korean.

one of the reasons why he was cast in this drama was due to his good korean command.

btw..

http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/8573/fl...00925224sp2.jpg

kim nam jin's english is pretty good.

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/1318/fl...02063061it8.jpg

so is lee se eun's.

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/7544/fl...00921687oe8.jpg

and most of all lee yoonmi's... her pronunciation is one of the best i've heard from korean celebrity.

Well I was hoping his English would be just a bit better but honestly he sounds way better than what I've heard from a lot of other characters who are supposedly from/or living in the states. A couple of times I had to "rewind" but that was it and yeah, lee yoonmi I understood clearly, she sounded great. Does anyone know if she has spent time in the states?

Oh, and I don't speak Korean myself. Just out of curiosity for those who do understand Korean, how is Julian Quintart's Korean?. I noticed to my untrained ear he really puts a lot of emphasis on the -yo endings.

Guest dramaok

i suspect lee yoonmi did study or live in the u.s. at some point. but she's relatively a newcomer so there's isn't much about her .. though she used to be part of a singer duo group called 'the s'.. and they released an album in 2003, before she focused on acting...

leeyoonmiae1.jpg

--------

Oh, and I don't speak Korean myself. Just out of curiosity for those who do understand Korean, how is Julian Quintart's Korean?. I noticed to my untrained ear he really puts a lot of emphasis on the -yo endings.

yes you're right.. he does have a very strong empasis on 'yo' ending.. which i think is part of his acting as 'american'...

to me his word level pronunciation of korean is quite good. i can tell he actually speaks korean, and not just blindly mimic korean sounds, like daniel henny or denis o'neil (< i can never understand what they're saying even though their word level intonation seems korean, their pronunciation is so off i have no idea i have to read the subtitles).. vs. julian, i can understand, but the yo is grading.. i think this is his first drama acting.. but he's an interesting singer/actor/ celebrity both in korea and in his native country. he must have spent at least 4 years in korea at some point to acquire his proficiency.. maybe when he was younger?

http://www.tagstory.com/video/video_post.a...a_id=V000085237

^ interview clip with julian. where he speaks korean w/out the strong yo emphasis.

still thick accent, but pretty darn impressive.. ^^ he came to korea as an exchange student at first.

--------

oh i think this drama is 24 episodes, not 16.

Guest AnonEMus

dramaok: I see that you're here too. :P

I just saw episode 1. It's quite entertaining, as well as, being hilarious.

I did see Lee, Yoon Mi at a Gap outlet long time ago. Her English from what I recalled was pretty decent. I cannot stand Kim, Nam Jin's English though. I actually think it's not that good. :P

Guest nancy3310

agree, i also think Kim Nam Jin's English pronunciation is not so good , not only eng but also his Korean ... don't you think he has quite abvious nasal sounds in his speech, in fact he himself also realize that problem, and kept taking speech training in the last year.

i have watched the two episodes, James' birth mother has the same name with the heroine, Lee Jin Hee. i always think each time when James gazes at Jin Hee, as if he is seeking for something about his mother from this woman.

but i have some doubts why James goes to Jin Hee's home as soon as he returns to Korea? are they relatives? but seems not to be like that, coz James was adopted while only six months old, of course he has no idea about his own family tie in Korea.

oh i think this drama is 24 episodes, not 16.
Oh, dramaok, where did you find it 24 episodes? but I find it 's 20 somewhere.

Guest dramaok

dramaok: I see that you're here too. :P

I just saw episode 1. It's quite entertaining, as well as, being hilarious.

I did see Lee, Yoon Mi at a Gap outlet long time ago. Her English from what I recalled was pretty decent. I cannot stand Kim, Nam Jin's English though. I actually think it's not that good. :P

오~ 반가워^^ 같이 놀자! 놀러오르다!

agree, i also think Kim Nam Jin's English pronunciation is not so good , not only eng but also his Korean ... don't you think he has quite abvious nasal sounds in his speech, in fact he himself also realize that problem, and kept taking speech training in the last year.

i have watched the two episodes, James' birth mother has the same name with the heroine, Lee Jin Hee. i always think each time when James gazes at Jin Hee, as if he is seeking for something about his mother from this woman.

but i have some doubts why James goes to Jin Hee's home as soon as he returns to Korea? are they relatives? but seems not to be like that, coz James was adopted while only six months old, of course he has no idea about his own family tie in Korea.

Oh, dramaok, where did you find it 24 episodes? but I find it 's 20 somewhere.

do you think jin-hee's mother-in-law is jame's mother?

maybe cuz i'm a fob, kim nam-jin's english sounded intelligible to me.

and i don't mind his nasalness. i've heard a lot worse (e.g. kim minjun).

---------

c5747c46491176255567588of6.jpg

Kim Jun-Seong [김준성]

^ is he playing the comatosed hubby?

if so he's so gonna wake up ...

they wouldn't cast such a hottie just to have them lying on the bed the whole time, right?

I've definitely heard worse. I saw Love Story in Harvard and I don't think I understood even one word that Kim Rae Won was saying in English. As for Julian Quintart, thanks for the link to the interview. I can definitely hear the difference there, I'm guessing he is deliberately speaking with a stronger accent due to his character.

I was wondering where I had seen the lead actress recently, but now I remember....Meri DaeGu Attack and Defense Battle.

Guest flipchk23

hahah julian quintart!

man i wanna watch

is this series gonna be subbed?

seems really interesting

plus i wanna see more of julian =P

Guest donilpark

I will cut some slack about the fact that James, despite being American, has accents in his English. After all, Kim Namjin is a Korean. But if that is the case, then at least speak Korean with some accent. Like Kim Okbin in Hanoi bride, Ku Hyesun in Pure 19 or Lee Younga in Gold bride.... Just saying "I lived in Koreatown for 20 years" is not a good enough excuse for speaking PERFECT Korean and less than perfect English, you know.

Archived