Quantcast

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

knockblock

Darker Than Black

Who has seen this show?

DarkerthanBlackfull1555720.jpg

I've watched about 6 episodes. Thought it was boring at first but when I saw what it was about I got hooked. I'm liking it.

It's a cool show. But I'm not exactly sure what's 'darker' than black.

Plot:

Ten years ago, a mysterious spacial anomaly known as "Hell's Gate" appeared in Tokyo, altering the sky and wreaking havoc on the landscape. The real stars disappeared, replaced by false stars. During this time, people possessing various special abilities emerged, each capable of different supernatural feats - these are known as Contractors. Each Contractor has a corresponding fake star, which reacts to their activities. As such, Contractors are usually identified by their star's Messier catalogue number. Kept secret from the masses, these individuals are known to murder in cold blood, smothering unnecessary emotions with logic and rationale. Their incredible abilities, however, are gained at the cost of their humanity - Contractors are thus named because of an involuntary compulsion to "pay the price" each time their power is used, which can range from eating particular foods and completing meaningless tasks, to self-harm and changing their bodies in peculiar ways. Various nations and organizations around the world train and utilize Contractors as spies and assassins, resulting in violent battles for valuable objects and information.

Following the disastrous Heaven's War, the United States lost its dominant position as a superpower to a mysterious organization named the Syndicate. The story revolves around a Chinese contractor codenamed "Hei" as he undertakes various espionage and assassination missions in Tokyo under the direction of the aforementioned Syndicate.

Volumes: 2 (Complete) http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=10377

Published by: YenPress

Anime Episodes: 1st Season: 25 + 2nd Season: 12 + 3rd Season: 4

Heifull341004.jpg

primeira-temporada.jpg

darker_than_black_hei_desktop_1600x1200_

I watch DTB and so far I think it's good but it's not going anywhere in story progress.

Darker than Black is symbollic(?). Where black isn't referring to the color but to evil.

I've seen the first 16 episodes that has aired and I've been satisfy so far. Although I probably would like it more if it had more of a storyline.

That girl Amber looks just like C.C. from Code Geass.O_O

That girl Amber looks just like C.C. from Code Geass.O_O

omg i know right

lol yea DTB is a good anime.

i'm addicted into watching that anime

so where do u guys get your ep at?

I just finished it. It's pretty good and mysterious. I just noticed it's full of product placement :lol:. There is a "pizza hut" everywhere! and @finity keeps popping up. that's the only thing that bugged me... The ending scene was a bit weird, I don't exactly understand what was going on but it was worthwhile watching

I guess for most viewers, its kinda boring in the beginning but once you catch on to the what the stories about, its pretty darn good.

But besides that the anime came to an end, I still have a lot of questions that haven't been answered. There are still many holes left empty in the story. But overall, it was satisfying.

Second seasonconfirmed.

Darker than Black TV Anime Sequel Green-Lit

posted on 2009-06-03 08:10 EDT

2nd anime with original director leaked last July; designer already drawing manga

This year's 12th issue of Square Enix's Young Gangan seinen manga magazine will announce on Friday that a television sequel for the Darker than BLACK anime has been green-lit. A file purportedly leaked from the BONES anime studio last July had revealed the plans for a "Darker than BLACK 2" anime series with original director Tensai Okamura. Character designer Yuji Iwahara had launched a new manga version of the anime in the 11th issue of the same Young Gangan magazine last month.

Funimation is releasing the first anime series in North America.

Source: 2channel, ANN

^

I read that today too!

What a coincidence since I just finished watching DTB like.... a week ago LOL! I'm pretty late in watching it, but something just never really got me hooked >_>

I thought the really good eps were around 13-16? Everything before felt kinda like just build up.... and everything after was just either too fast or slow for me =S I didn't LOVE the anime as a whole..... I think it gives you a lot of think about and it has a good setup and it has A LOT of potential.... in the end though, I felt it was kinda anticlimatic and I was expecting for this HUGE revolution that explains everything T_T

Sadly, I'm left with a lot of questions? And I would just pour out my soul in questions, but it'd just be a long list of spoilers lol =P

Overall, I'm excited to hear there's a second season =) It gives a chance for the creators to FINALLY get the story right and in line... there's too much open-ended-ness for me.... and especially in the romance department? I would LOVE for Hei to end up with Yin =)

Not a fan of the police girl... and Amber's well.... you know =S so Yin ftw ^^ can't wait!

--xoxo.

TM

hei... is hawt.

watched the series in ... um ... 4 days?

5?

i admit, the beginning was good. the first ep... then it got boring

but mid-end

it picked right back up

and the Greater Plot totally drew me in

XD

:( there was a severe lack of hei in some episodes...

he srsly needs to be on scree 100% of the time XD