The Late Park Sang Min 박상민 (aka Eon 이언) (19810205 - 20080821)

Rebby

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest ellewoods

i was shocked that heard the bad news i was told myself it's not true may you rest in peace your talented your smile still in our heart

Guest beige_04

jjh finally arrives

i've been waiting for him... :( i dont know how to describe his emotions based on the pics.. but he looks really tired! :(

August 21, 2008

Actor Dies in Motorbike Accident

By Cathy Rose A. Garcia

Staff Reporter

080821_p22_actor.jpg

The late Lee Eon

Lee Eon, a model-turned-actor who starred in the popular MBC drama "Coffee Prince," died in a motorcycle accident at dawn Thursday, Yonhap News reported.

Lee, whose real name is Park Sang-min, was on his way home after attending a party celebrating the end of his KBS drama "Choi Kang Chil-woo" (Mighty Chil-woo). He was riding his motorcycle when he hit a railing of the elevated roadway in Hannam-dong, Yongsan at around 2 a.m.

The 27-year old actor died on the spot and was taken to Soonchunhyang University Hospital in Hannam-dong, Seoul. The police have not yet determined if Lee was drunk when he got into the motorcycle accident.

Lee gained fame last year for his role as a dim-witted but loveable Min-yeop in "Coffee Prince."

When he was in elementary school, Lee started participating in ssireum or traditional Korean wrestling. He proved to be an excellent athlete and won gold medals at Korean national ssireum competitions in 1997 and 1998.

However, as a freshman in university, Lee saw model Cha Seung-won on TV and decided to become a model. He worked hard to lose 30 kilos in order to gain the slim physique of a model. He made his debut in a fashion show in Busan in 1999.

With his good looks, Lee soon became a sought-after model, appearing in numerous fashion shows, including the Seoul Fashion Artists Association Collection. He also branched out into acting in dramas, which led to his role in "Coffee Prince."

Credits: cathy@koreatimes.co.kr

http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/news/speci.../178_29777.html

Guest prisneo

It is so sad and shocking to learn about Lee Eon passing on due to an accident. We lost yet another talented model cum actor. We will miss you and rest in peace. My sympathy to Lee Eon's family and friends.

Guest venice

the news surprised me a lot and until now i cant believe that he's gone for real...

may he rest in peace..

too bad he has so much to offer...

im mourning as well.. :'c

condolence to his family and friends... :tears:

ubbie, thanks for the pics!!! oppa seems to be in mixed emotions.. surprised, confused sad and tired.. they were really close.. i hope he'll be more careful when he rides his vespa..

i came to know / like eon thru jjh.

but as i came to know him more, i became fond of his smiles and even ogled at his modeling pics. he really was a deadringer for richard gere.

given the right breaks, he could have easily made it as a lead star.

but now all these dreams are coming to a stop.

we're mourning for a great loss because he had successfully made a mark in the entertainment industry.

rest in peace. we're proud to know you had gained so many friends and admirers in such a short span of time.

you are well -loved and will always be cherished deep in our hearts.

Guest ds_dreamer

First reaction this morning when Rebby told me the news was shock and lost. This is way too sudden. How can such thing happen???

As the day gone by, as the reality began to sink in, tears just flowed, :tears: but with kiddos around, I have to control and not allow my emotion to flow freely.

Now, I'm grieving. this is just way too sad :(:tears:

My condolences to EON's family, especially his mum. I'm sure she is certainly the one who is feeling worse.

Guest ripgal

Came in to pay my respects to this wonderful actor.

I was really in shock when I read about his death in dramabeans' blog.. it's just too sudden..:tears:

May he RIP and may our prayers rest with him, his family and friends..T.T

was feeling numb the whole day when i was at work..

now that the fact has sunken in, tears just came... :tears:

i've said this before, it feels like we just lost a family member. cos he is family to us. it feels like someone has just drilled a hole in my heart.

throngs of people just keep on pouring in. that's a gauge of how well he had lived his life.

SSI_20080821214052_V.jpg

20088212143_911320048_1434_0.jpg

Archived