•Kim Dong Wook 김동욱❤️• • [Winner of MBC Daesung Awards 2019]

Admin

• 11 months later...

https://zapzee.net/2021/08/16/tv-remake-of-the-king-of-pigs-confirms-the-casting-of-kim-dong-wook-kim-sung-kyu-chae-jung-an/
TV Remake of ‘The King of Pigs’ Confirms the Casting of Kim Dong Wook, Kim Sung Kyu & Chae Jung An

by krishkim

TVING original series ‘The King of Pigs’ finalized its full cast.

6F0BCF8D-C08E-41F6-9931-7E5E7E46FD56.jpg
Credit: Terracotta Distribution

The King of Pigs is the new thrilling drama that deals with the heavy topic, school violence. With a message from a friend from 20 years ago, characters start to bring out the “memory of violence.”

It’s based on Yeon Sang Ho’s animated drama film The King of Pigs. Through the characters with a tragic fate, the work presents the violence in our society, including school violence. The animation won three awards at the 2011 Busan International Film Festival.

D544A0A3-2248-4692-A9DB-33ACF619EF46.jpg
Credit: KeyEast, Kiwi Media Group

The casting of Kim Dong Wook, Kim Sung Kyu, and Chae Jung An has heightened the anticipation.

First, Kim Dong Wook plays Hwang Kyung Min. He’s a man who just can’t forget about the memories of school violence from 20 years ago. Hwang Kyung Min relives trauma from 20 years ago due to an unexpected incident while enjoying a happy life with her beloved wife.

Kim Sung Kyu takes on the role of Jung Jong Seok, a detective who tracks messages from a friend 20 years ago. This message from his old friend brings back the “memories of violence” from his school days. Trying to stop the murder, he chases after the mysterious text.

Lastly, Chae Jung Ah turns into Kang Jin Ah, a charismatic detective who goes by the book. She was Jong Seok’s senior in the police academy. Though her fellow detectives resent her arbitrary investigation style, she is a strong-willed woman who doesn’t get swayed in any situation.

The production team shared, “We want to look back on the origins of the violence that is prevalent in our society through The King of Pigs.” They added, “We already have great feelings about being able to work with attractive actors. We will make sure that you’ll enjoy the fun of the thriller genre, so please show lots of love and interest.”

Meanwhile, The King of Pigs will begin filming later this month and be released exclusively on TVING.

Source (1)
Translator Kim Hoyeun: If you are a fan of K-drama, K-movie, and K-pop, I am your guy. I will continue to provide you with up-to-date K-entertainment news. 

https://theactorispresent.kr/kim-dongwook
Kim Dongwook 김동욱

With his flexibility between being deft and serious, he constantly broadens his horizon

FCA1F85D-911F-416E-BC29-6F6CD7B1748D.jpg

photo by Ahn Seongjin

Kim Dongwook is a rare actor who has constantly tried to expand his spectrum.   As a graduate of the acting department of Korea National University of Arts, he has showcased his stable acting skills since he was a newbie actor, which is quite evident in his feature film debut Flying Boys (2004).  Kim Kitae, played by Kim Dongwook, is a child breadwinner who uses the funeral subsidy for his father to buy Nike sneakers for his cancer-suffering younger brother and becomes all emotional after receiving the insurance money.  Among many young characters in Flying Boys, Kim’s character deeply resonated with the viewers.

In the TV drama Coffee Prince (2007’), Kim Dongwook drew attention by playing Jin Harim, a bright, cute coffee shop part-timer.  Through the sports film Take Off (2009), the actor got recognized as a potential movie star, portraying the ski jumper Choi Heungchul who used to be a playful nightclub waiter.  The actor’s quick-witted performance got him the Best New Actor at the Director’s Cut Awards.  It was worried that his playful, boyish looks and acting style would make him stuck in a similar image, but the clever actor continued challenging himself to play diverse characters to widen his spectrum.  In the film The Concubine (2012), Kim’s performance as Prince Sungwon, who goes mad while coveting a woman he cannot have due to his controlling mother, shows what a delicate and intense actor Kim is.  The actor vividly portrayed the king’s devastation and loneliness through his gaze and facial expressions intricately mixed with a sense of indulgence, vanity, resentment, and sorrow.

After Take Off, Director Kim Yongwha worked with Kim Dongwook again for Along with the Gods: The Two Worlds (2017), which marks a turning point in the actor’s career.  In the film with the star-studded cast, Kim played the sergeant Kim Soohong who became a vengeful ghost after being killed in an accident.  Kim’s performance was so intense that his character looked like a main character of the movie.  Particularly in the scene where the sergeant met his mother in her dream, the desperate tears Kim showed proved his brilliant ability to deliver various and detailed emotions through his acting.

Along with rhe Gods: The Two Worlds (2017) and the second installment Along with the Gods: The Last 49 Days both recorded 10 million viewers, and Kim Dongwook was reborn as a character actor by winning the Best Supporting Actor at Chunsa Film Art Awards and Golden Cinema Film Festival.  Since then, he has appeared in many successful TV drama series and been recognized for his acting skills as well as his box office success, winning the MBC Drama Awards for Special Labor Inspector (2019).  Kim has been continuously expanding his acting spectrum with stable voicing, clear diction, and the relaxed stance going back and forth between deft comic acting and deep emotional acting.  He’s been showcasing how far a hard-working actor can achieve.  Jung Sujin

Filmography 
<Trade Your Love> (2019)
<Along with the Gods: The Last 49 Days> (2018)
<The Accidental Detective 2: In Action> (2018)
<Along with rhe Gods: The Two Worlds> (2017)
<Three Summer Night> (2015)
<The Concubine> (2012)
<Countdown> (2011)
<Romantic Heaven> (2011)
<Finding Mr. Destiny> (2010)
<Hello Murderer> (2010)
<Cafe Seoul> (2010)
<Take Off> (2009)
<Five Senses of Eros> (2009)
<Lost and Found> (2008)
<Live Together> (2008)
<No Regret> (2006
<Apartment> (2006)
<Flying Boys> (2004)

• 2 weeks later...

https://zapzee.net/2021/08/25/you-are-my-spring-kim-dong-wook-says-he-has-the-instinct-to-be-funny/
‘You Are My Spring’ Kim Dong Wook Says He Has the Instinct to Be Funny

by krishkim | images: tvN

spacer.png

Kim Dong Wook once again proved that he’s a trustworthy actor by showing a wide range of acting spectrum from romance and comedy to thriller in You Are My Spring. In particular, his heartwarming and sweet romance performance left a deep impression. Showing great chemistry with Seo Hyun Jin, Kim showcased a colorful charm, going back and forth between affectionate romance and comical rom-com.

Kim Dong Wook shared his thoughts about being a part of You Are My Spring.

spacer.png

Q1. How do you feel about finishing the work?

One more good work made together with good people was added to my list. I’m grateful to be able to work with wonderful people. Also, we all finished strong thanks to all the people who loved and supported You Are My Spring. 

Q2. What is Joo Young Do’s biggest charm?

Young Do’s goodwill has one purpose, to heal other’s pain. The charm of Joo Young Do is that he always puts his heart and soul no matter what the situation is and no matter who he’s dealing with.

Q3. Any special part you focused on when playing Joo Young Do?

Since he’s a person who lives an altruistic life who puts others before himself, I tried to listen more to what others were saying when I acted. I got to work with such great actors that Joo Young Do turned out to be even more three-dimensional. 

Q4. Your delicate romance performance drew in favorable reviews, but your comedy scenes also received hot responses.

I think I have the instinct to be funny. I am pretty good at using my body, so I’m not afraid of using my body for laughs (laughs). I had fun filming those scenes, so I’m glad that people also liked it too.

Q5. What was it like working with your co-stars and any memorable episodes?

All of them were such great actors, so every moment we worked together was highly expected and rewarding. The memorable episode is, we played rock-paper-scissors to decide who will buy the snacks, and I never lost once, so I’m very proud of that (laughs).

Q6. How do you want people to remember the drama?

Most of the characters in the drama are the people who dreamt of and wished for ordinary and small happiness. I hope that our work will become an opportunity for people to feel more precious about the small happiness in their daily life and the relationships and memories with people they took for granted.

Q7. You are working nonstop. What makes you work that hard?

For me, every work is a memory and nourishment. What makes me want to act the best I can, and what drives me to do so is my family. I will try my best to greet you with another good work.

Meanwhile, Kim Dong Wook will start filming the new TVING original series The King of Pigs right away.

Source (1)
Translator Kim Hoyeun: If you are a fan of K-drama, K-movie, and K-pop, I am your guy. I will continue to provide you with up-to-date K-entertainment news.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Kim Dong Wook Joins Chun Woo Hee In Talks For New Drama

Kim Dong Wook may be reuniting with director Lee Soo Hyun for a brand-new drama!

On September 14, Kim Dong Wook’s agency KeyEast confirmed that the actor was in talks to star in the upcoming drama “Beneficial Fraud” (literal translation).

The agency stated, “[Kim Dong Wook] has received a casting offer for director Lee Soo Hyun’s new drama ‘Beneficial Fraud’ and is currently reviewing the offer with a favorable outlook.”

“Beneficial Fraud” is a revenge drama about a con artist who lacks empathy and an attorney who is excessively empathetic by nature. In order to battle evil, these two polar opposites team up to form an unlikely alliance.

Kim Dong Wook has been offered the role of Han Moo Young, a handsome lawyer who needs to receive psychiatric treatment due to his excessive empathy, which can otherwise make it hard for him to function in daily life.

“Beneficial Fraud” will be helmed by director Lee Soo Hyun, who previously worked with Kim Dong Wook on his 2020 drama “Find Me in Your Memory,” and Chun Woo Hee is currently in talks to star in the drama as well.

Are you excited to potentially see Kim Dong Wook and Chun Woo Hee in this new drama?

Kim Dong Wook Joins Chun Woo Hee In Talks For New Drama | Soompi

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Spoiler

Watch: Kim Dong Wook And Jin Ki Joo Face Eerie Truths While Trying To Manipulate The Past In “Run Into You” Teasers

Watch: Kim Dong Wook And Jin Ki Joo Face Eerie Truths While Trying To Manipulate The Past In “Run Into You” Teasers

KBS has dropped character posters and a new teaser for “Run Into You”!

“Run Into You” is a fantasy drama about the strange events that unfold when a news anchor named Yoon Hae Joon (played by Kim Dong Wook), who wants to uncover the truth behind a serial murder case from the past, meets Baek Yoon Young (Jin Ki Joo), who travels through time to prevent her parents’ wedding. After getting stuck in the year 1987, the two realize that their goals may be connected.

The new character posters of Kim Dong Wook and Jin Ki Joo have a retro vibe and feature both characters with serious expressions. Kim Dong Wook plays Yoon Hae Joon, a news anchor who time travels back to year 1987. Here, he is a high school teacher who gets tied up in a mysterious murder case. The poster eerily reads, “Time travelling back to year 1987, in order to find the person who killed me.”

Kim-Dong-Wook.jpg

Jin Ki Joo stars as regular office worker Baek Yoon Young who loses her mother in an unfortunate accident. When she miraculously finds herself in the year 1987, Baek Yoon Young is back in high school but able to reunite with her mother. On her poster it states, “Time travelling back to year 1987, in order to not become your love,” reflecting her determination to prevent her mother’s marriage and death.

Jin-Ki-Joo.jpg

The drama’s latest teaser previews the solemn encounter between Yoon Hae Joon and Baek Yoon Young as they get stuck in the year 1987 while investigating a mysterious serial murder case. The clip begins with a matchbox floating in the water as Yoon Hae Joon slowly takes in his environment. He comments to himself, “May 11, 1987, three days before the first murder. At such an important point in time, the past that I knew of is changing.” As he approaches the scene of a murder where the victim is tied up with red rope, he notices the same matchbox.

Overwhelmed with emotion, Baek Yoon Young states, “If I had known just a bit earlier, if I had noticed first, everything could have been different.” However, the teaser reads, “If you could turn back time, would the rewritten past turn out the way you wanted? Or would it be a different kind of tragedy?”

As the image of a bloody Yoon Hae Joon flashes by, Baek Yoon Young adds, “I’m sorry, but I don’t think I can go back now. Because there’s something I have to do here.”

At the end of the clip, Baek Yoon Young looks over the content of a fallen bag and discovers the same matchbox noticed by Yoon Hae Joon. He angrily states to someone else, “There must be a reason you called me. Explain from start to finish why you’re here at this place, at this time.”

Watch the full teaser below!

“Run Into You” will start airing on May 1 at 9:50 p.m. KST. Catch a different teaser here.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1581783wpp/watch-kim-dong-wook-and-jin-ki-joo-face-eerie-truths-while-trying-to-manipulate-the-past-in-run-into-you-teasers

• 2 weeks later...
Spoiler

Unforgettable Scenes From The First 2 Episodes Of “My Perfect Stranger”

Unforgettable Scenes From The First 2 Episodes Of “My Perfect Stranger”

KBS2’s “My Perfect Stranger” is getting stranger by the episode, but in the best way!

“My Perfect Stranger” is a new fantasy drama about the strange events that unfold when news anchor Yoon Hae Joon (Kim Dong Wook), who wants to uncover the truth behind a serial murder case from the past, runs into Baek Yoon Young (Jin Ki Joo), who wants to prevent her parents’ wedding. After getting stuck in the year 1987, the two realize that their goals may be connected.

From time-traveling to serial murder cases, the plot has been taking all kinds of twists and turns. Here are three major incidents from the first two episodes as we get ready for Episode 3:

Yoon Hae Joon’s fateful encounter with the retro time machine

After discovering a time machine by chance, Yoon Hae Joon takes a trip to the future out of curiosity. There, he witnesses his own death. He assumes that the person behind his death has something to do with the culprit of the 1987 serial murder case in the village of Woojungri, and so he takes off to the year 1987.

After arriving in the Woojungri of 1987, he befriends the people of the village and solves a drug case that occurs among the female

high school students. With the people on his side, he creates a makeshift identity as a Korean teacher at Woojung High School. This allows him to travel back and forth in time and work on finding the culprit.

However, on one of his trips back to 1987, he gets into an accident with Baek Yoon Young, and the time machine gets broken. Because of this, the two get stuck in 1987.

My-Perfect-Stranger-1.jpg

The complicated situation surrounding Baek Yoon Young, 19-year-old Soon Ae, and Hee Seop

Baek Yoon Young, regardless of how she got there, is happy to be in 1987 because that means she is in her mother’s past. Ignoring the risks, she finds out where her mom lives and follows her around, eventually even running into her father, Hee Seop (Lee Won Jung).

Although Baek Yoon Young’s mother, Lee Soon Ae (Seo Ji Hye), is slightly scared of Yoon Young at first, the two grow closer. Baek Yoon Young makes it her mission to prevent her parents from getting married in the first place, which grows more difficult as Hee Seop falls in love with Soon Ae at first sight. We’ll have to see if Hee Seop listens to Baek Yoon Young’s warning to stay away from Soon Ae. This part of the plot has been bringing viewers a wave of nostalgia as it reminds us of our own memories with our parents.

My-Perfect-Stranger-2.jpg

Perfect endings for “My Perfect Stranger”

Just two episodes in, “My Perfect Stranger” has already made it known that each episode will have its own exquisite ending. The first episode showed the disparity in how Yoon Hae Joon and Baek Yoon Young react to the reality of being stuck in 1987: while Yoon Hae Joon is wrought with worry, Baek Yoon Young is ecstatic. The second episode set up how their individual narratives will play out in the year 1987, raising the question of whether it’ll be in their power to alter their fates.

Meanwhile, viewers have been reacting to the drama with comments like “The retro vibes are well-executed, including the color scheme that fits the times,” increasing expectations on how the series will further incite nostalgia.

My-Perfect-Stranger-3.jpg

The third episode of “My Perfect Stranger” will air on March 8 at 9:50 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1584978wpp/unforgettable-scenes-from-the-first-2-episodes-of-my-perfect-stranger

Jin Ki Joo Defends Her Mom Against Her High School Bullies In “My Perfect Stranger”

Jin Ki Joo Defends Her Mom Against Her High School Bullies In “My Perfect Stranger”

Jin Ki Joo will have an eventful first day at her new high school in KBS 2TV’s “My Perfect Stranger”!

“My Perfect Stranger” is a fantasy time-travel drama about the strange events that unfold when a news anchor named Yoon Hae Joon (played by Kim Dong Wook), who wants to uncover the truth behind a serial murder case from the past, runs into Baek Yoon Young (Jin Ki Joo), who wants to prevent her parents’ wedding. After getting stuck in the year 1987, the two realize that their goals may be connected.

Spoilers

On the previous episode of “My Perfect Stranger,” Baek Yoon Young got closer to the teenage version of her mom, Lee Soon Ae (Seo Ji Hye), after meeting her in the year 1987. Yoon Young also attempted to keep her dad, Baek Hee Seop (Lee Won Jung), away from Soon Ae by warning him not to hang around her—but with Hee Seop having fallen in love at first sight, it appears that she is in for an uphill struggle.

In the drama’s upcoming third episode, Yoon Young will “transfer” to her mom’s high school—where Hae Joon is currently a teacher—as a new student. Concerned about the serial killer in their midst, Hae Joon bombards his students with all sorts of advice and nagging in the hopes of keeping them safe. As a result, he earns the nickname “a prince for 5 seconds before he starts nagging” among the female students.

Meanwhile, Yoon Young and Soon Ae are both excited that Yoon Young is transferring into her class. However, from her very first day in school, Yoon Young gets into trouble by standing up to the girls who have been bullying her mom. After getting into a fight with the school’s notorious trio of troublemakers, Yoon Young even uses the childish method she learned from Hee Seop to give Hae Kyung (Kim Ye Ji) a bloody nose.

My-Perfect-Stranger-4.jpg

To find out just how much havoc Yoon Young will wreak at her new school, catch the next episode of “My Perfect Stranger” on May 8 at 9:50 p.m. KST!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1585345wpp/jin-ki-joo-defends-her-mom-against-her-high-school-bullies-in-my-perfect-stranger

Kim Dong Wook Is Not Amused With His New Student Lee Won Jung In “My Perfect Stranger”

Kim Dong Wook Is Not Amused With His New Student Lee Won Jung In “My Perfect Stranger”

KBS2’s new Monday-Tuesday drama “My Perfect Stranger” shared new stills ahead of the upcoming episode!

“My Perfect Stranger” is a fantasy time-travel drama about the strange events that unfold when a news anchor named Yoon Hae Joon (Kim Dong Wook), who wants to uncover the truth behind a serial murder case from the past, runs into Baek Yoon Young (Jin Ki Joo), who wants to prevent her parents’ wedding. After getting stuck in the year 1987, the two realize that their goals may be connected.

Spoilers

Previously, Baek Yoon Young set out to prevent her parents Soon Ae (Seo Ji Hye) and Hee Seob (Lee Won Jung) from meeting so that she could prevent her mother’s lonely future. However, Hee Seob ended up coming to Woo Jung Village and fell in love with Soon Ae at first sight. Baek Yoon Young warned Hee Seob not to approach Soon Ae, making viewers curious to see how the relationship between the three will play out.

The newly released stills reveal Hee Seob transferring to Woo Jung High School and meeting his homeroom teacher Hae Joon. As a music lover, Hee Seob introduces himself in rock and roll fashion while Hae Joon gives him a look of displeasure, raising anticipation for their upcoming chemistry.

Kim-Dong-Wook-5.jpeg

Spoiler

Lee-Won-Jung.jpeg

Kim-Dong-Wook-Lee-Won-Jung.jpeg

On the first day of his new school, Hee Seob leaves a strong impression on his classmates. Bum Ryong (Joo Yeon Woo), who was initially unimpressed with the transfer student, appears to be in awe at Hee Seob’s interest in rock and roll, and the two grow closer due to their common interest in music.

Spoiler

Lee-Won-Jung-2.jpegMy-Perfect-Stranger-2.jpeg

Viewers are curious to find out if Hee Seob and Bum Ryong are linked to the serial murder case in any way and what story development Hae Joon and Hee Seob will add to the drama as teacher and student.

The next episode of “My Perfect Stranger” airs on May 8 at 9:50 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1585532wpp/kim-dong-wook-is-not-amused-with-his-new-student-lee-won-jung-in-my-perfect-stranger

Here are the ratings for Episode 3! :).

“My Perfect Stranger” And “The Secret Romantic Guesthouse” Are Neck-And-Neck In Fierce Ratings Battle

“My Perfect Stranger” And “The Secret Romantic Guesthouse” Are Neck-And-Neck In Fierce Ratings Battle

My Perfect Stranger” and “The Secret Romantic Guesthouse” has tied again!

According to Nielsen Korea, episode 3 of Kim Dong Wook and Jin Ki Joo’s “My Perfect Stranger” garnered an average nationwide viewership rating of 4.0 percent. This is a slight dip from its previous episode’s rating of 4.2 percent.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1585782wpp/my-perfect-stranger-and-the-secret-romantic-guesthouse-are-neck-and-neck-in-fierce-ratings-battle