•Kim Dong Wook 김동욱❤️• • [Winner of MBC Daesung Awards 2019]

Admin

"Maids", a historical story in the Joseon times

photo537371.jpg
According to statistics, the middle class take up 60% of Korea.
The new JTBC drama "Maids" deal with the unofficial history of maids who were pushed back by the generation that leaned heavily on the males. The setting is based in the Joseon times with 60% of the population made up of servants and maids. The drama is the story of real people and relates to the middle class people in the world today.
The press conference for "Maids" was held in the Hoam Art Hall on the 10th. The drama official said, ""Maids" is a historical but it also talks about the 'misaengs' and 'subjects' of today's generation".
Producer Jo Hyeon-tak says, "When we think about servants we think about people being tortured or pressured but we are breaking that stereotype. The Joseon servants are today's middle class people. They gossip, they have work hours and enjoy the various events that happen every day. We hope to express it that way at least. We hope to comfort those watching the drama".
Oh Ji-ho said, ""Maids" is not about close people but 'our lives'". He plays Moo-myeong, the slave of Lord Heo Eung-cham. He's smart and looks too good to be a slave. Oh Ji-ho continued, "I experienced being a real slave in "The Slave Hunters". You may feel it in the movie but the servants back then were very much like the middle class today so it would be easy to relate to".
Jeong Yoo-mi plays the role of the only daughter of a very influential person but one days falls to the life of a maid. She is playing in her fourth historical drama but she says, ""Maids" characters have unique identities or backgrounds and there's fun in watching them".
"Maids" is the third historical drama on JTBC about breaking point to an identity and challenging fate. It was written by Jo Hyeon-kyeong and produced by Jo Hyeon-tak. The first episode can be seen on the 12th.
Source : ISPlusCredit : Hancinema

Actors give last-minute cheers for launch of ‘Slave Women’

The main casts of JTBC’s “Slave Women” rolled up their sleeves for a last-minute promotion of the drama on Friday.

Actors Jung Yu-mi, Oh Ji-ho, E Xia, Lee Yi-kyung, Jeon So-min and Lee Chae-young came together in their last meeting, and stood before the camera, wishing best wishes for the period rom-action’s successful launch.

In the photo, each actors are holding up message boards with their autographs and cheerful phrases about the drama. 

Directed by Cho Hyun-tak and written by Cho Hyun-kyung, “Slave Women” portrays the love story of swordsman Moomyung (Oh) and mademoiselle-turned-slave Guk In-yeop (Jung) in the Joseon era, with ample action scenes and frizzles of humor. 

Moomyung is an excellent swordsman and member of the secret resistance organization Manwoldang. Under the mission to reconstruct the fallen Korean dynasty, Moomyung disguises himself as a slave. 

In-yeop is the only daughter of a powerful royal courtier of Joseon’s founder. Her family falls to the lowest social class after her father is set up in a political scheme and dies. 

The Friday night drama will launch at 9:45 p.m.

Actor Oh Ji-ho and actress Jung Yu-mi appear in the still photos of JTBC's "Slave Women." (JTBC)

(khnews@heraldcorp.com) KPOP HERALD
@valsava you are welcome...I'm a little hesitant about this drama. but nevertheless I am happy that Kim Dong Wook is back on the small screen!!!

'The Maids' Jung Yoo Mi drops selfies that she took with Kim Dong Wook & Oh Ji Ho20141213154104_548bdf7f1fedc_1.jpg
Jung Yoo Mi revealed sefies that she took with Kim Dong Wook and Oh Ji Ho.

On December 12th, actress Jung Yoo Mi uploaded the selfies on her Instagram, and wrote, "Hahaha! The Maids! Cheers!'

The photos show Jung Yoo Mi, Kim Dong Wook, and Oh Ji Ho, who each are playing as Kim Eun Gi, Guk In Yup, and Moo Myung in 'The Maids.'

All of them are wearing their costumes, and many fans and netizens are showing hot reactions for the post.

Meanwhile, 'The Maids' will air on every Friday and Saturday at 9:45 PM.
/Reporting by Kim Hye-in en@starnnews.com

And there is a sad news about maids production: a fire broke out and it spread fast. One staff member lost a life. the 2nd episode was not aired on 13 in respect for the life lost. I hope she res in peace. Source: [SOOMPI] [KOREABOO] [DRAMABEANS] [A KOALA'S PLAYGROUND] [K-POP] HERALD]jTBC Statement: KOREABOO

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

The number 1 reason why I watched this drama despite the narrative going awry..
class="entry-title" style="margin: 14px 0px 0px; padding: 19px 12px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; font-weight: 400; font-size: 22px; font-family: Oswald, 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Helvetica, NanumGothic, 나눔고딕, Arial, sans-serif; vertical-align: baseline; line-height: 28px; color: rgb(194, 162, 111); text-shadow: white 1px 1px 0px; box-sizing: border-box; direction: ltr; text-rendering: optimizelegibility; letter-spacing: 0.4px; widows: 1;"[Exclusive] ‘Maids’ Kim Dong-wook, “I was glad Eun-gi’s failure in love won viewers’ hearts” ①

[Exclusive] Maids Kim Dong-wook, “I was glad Eun-gis failure in love won viewers hearts” 

There was a man. Born in an ordinary family, he dreamed of living with love of his life, happily ever after. However, the couple could not overcome the gap between social standings; he still manages to risk his life to save and protect his beloved.

The man above is a description of ‘Kim Eun-gi’ from television series ‘Maids’.

JTBC’s Friday-Saturday television series ‘Maids’ is a modern historical drama that depicted a story of slaves struggling to overcome their social status and classes. Actor Kim Dong-wook has successfully portrayed his romanticist character with delicate features yet lively, charismatic eyes, announcing a perfect comeback to the small screen after his honorable discharge from the army.

On a sunny, warm day in early April, we met Kim Dong-wook. It was a beautiful day with cherry blossoms nearly in bloom.

Isnt it hard? I mean, isnt it hard to wait for someone whos never to return? It is so painful for me.”

(While waiting for In-yeob, Eun gi confesses his pitiful situation to Yoon-ok, who ironically has been waiting for him all night-from one of the scenes from the 7th episode of ‘Maids)

Maids is finally over. We are anxious to hear your feelings upon the end of the drama.

I feel relieved that it ended, yet a bit upset to call an end. Also, I am so grateful for all the love I have received throughout the drama. But most of all, like I said, I feel relieved. It’s like having a big burden off my shoulders. It’s a mixture of many feelings, I’d say. I would like to say thank you to viewers for their attention and response.

Q It was your comeback to the small screen after getting discharged from the army.

Yes, but it was not so different from making a decision before I went to the army. It’s the script that moves me. I try to read the script from a viewer’s perspective. If I find it intriguing and catchy, then I just make up my mind. Then I start thinking what I should for the drama. My discharge played little role in choosing this work.

Maids is a drama set in the Joseon era. Was there anything you prepared or studied in particular before the shoot?

Nothing special, but I always had ‘Eun-gi’’s emotions and his pathetic love towards ‘In-yeob’ in my mind. You know, how I should show viewers ‘Eun-gi’’s love, stuff like that. I actually tried to imagine that I am in a relationship with Yu-mi(Jung Yu-mi), and I love her, as she played ‘In-yeob’. Before playing ‘Eun-gi’, I needed to understand him first, thoroughly.

Q You once mentioned that ‘Eun-gi’ is one of the most romantic characters you have played so far. However, to be frankly speaking, he may be one of the most pathetic, pitiful characters at the same time.

I’m glad if you found him pathetic. I really worked on showing his pitiful side to viewers and win their hearts, because yes, he gets involved in heart-breaking love. I was so grateful and glad when I found out that viewers shared his sorrow when he died in the end.

6-

“Could you be happy without me?”

(says Eun-gi to In-yeob, upon hearing that she will give up on him for Mu-myeong-from the 11th episode of ‘Maids’)

Q Well, you had been in a similar relationship before. In film The Concubine, where you played Prince Sung-won.

Well, yes. I was in love too then. I mean, ‘Prince Sung-won’ was a man who also was madly in love. Both ‘Prince Sung-won’ and ‘Eun-gi’ loved his woman more than anyone; but I guess the way of expressing their love and feelings towards ‘Hwa-yeon’(Jo Yeo-jeong) and ‘In-yeob’(Jung Yu-mi) respectively was different.

Q Are you, in any way like Eun-gi? Is his way of loving his beloved also possible for you?

Of course, why not? I am a man who is dreaming of undying love. I am ready. I just need love of my life to show up! (He laughed)

Q In MaidsEun-gi throws away the ring he received back from In-yeob; he then grabs a sword, instead of flower. That was the scene where he showed a change-from a romanticist to a lonely, determined man. How was it for you to do that scene?

‘Eun-gi’ faced many conflicts from a variety of incidents and cases. It was another major conflict regarding ‘In-yeob’. I guess it was his way of protecting her and maintaining the relationship. You know, the flower did not work anymore, so he chose a sword. He decided to save and lover in a different way.

Q How was your teamwork and chemistry with Jung Yu-mi(In-yeob) and Oh Ji-ho(Mu-myeong)?

Excellent! Couldn’t have been any better. I enjoyed acting with both of them. They are such good people with hearts of gold. I would like to work with them again in the future if there is any chance

“Promise me you will be with me forever in another life.

(says Eun-gi, just before his death, to In-yeob-from the last episode of ‘Maids’)

Q There were a lot of female characters in Maids. How was it to work in a female-dominated environment?

Well, there were also many male colleagues as well! I got to work with a lot of both female and male actors, who were in my age. It was great. I wish I had more scenes with them.

Q You had to shoot in the piercing cold weather. It must not have been easy for you.

Guess what? The shooting of ‘The Concubine’ was also carried out in winter. It began in end of October, and ended in late March. It was exactly the same with ‘Maids’ too. It was so freezing cold that I always had body warmers on me. Haha. It works the same with many other actors. (He laughed)

Q Is there any particular scene that got printed on your memory?

There are a number of scenes, but I would have to say the very last scene is what’s bugging me even up till now.

Q Do you have any plan since the dramas over? You might as well enjoy some time of your own.

I would like to go on a trip, but I haven’t decided where to go yet. I want to leave as soon as I can.

Q There are many dramas on air outside Korea these days. What do say about Maids being on air abroad.

Why not? Definitely. I’d love it if things worked out well for ‘Maids’ as well.

GET IT K Han Jihee, Photography by Ryuma, English Translation by Veronica Choi

class="entry-title" style="margin: 14px 0px 0px; padding: 19px 12px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; font-weight: 400; font-style: inherit; font-size: 22px; font-family: Oswald, 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Helvetica, NanumGothic, 나눔고딕, Arial, sans-serif; vertical-align: baseline; line-height: 28px; color: rgb(194, 162, 111); text-shadow: white 1px 1px 0px; box-sizing: border-box; direction: ltr; text-rendering: optimizelegibility; letter-spacing: 0.4px; widows: 1;"[Exclusive] ‘Maids’ Kim Dong-wook makes another hit in the game of acting ②

20-

[Exclusive] ‘Maids’ Kim Dong-wook makes another hit in the game of acting 

“I found out how to lock my iPhone on the quick start menu in two years.”

The words that came out from his mouth were unbelievable. Judging by his intelligent, good looks and previous roles such as ‘Jin Ha-rim’ from ‘The 1st Shop of Coffee Prince’ and ‘Yoon Jun’ in ‘Partner’, where he played an elite attorney, his words were just literally surprising.

But maybe this unexpectedness is what makes him more attractive and wanted by fans. His fans have been waiting anxiously while he was serving in the army. And, finally, the actor has returned with television series ‘Maids’ and film ‘Three Summer Nights’ after two years of interval. Upon his comeback, he made a hit in the game of acting.

Q Many male actors in Korea go through a change in their acting careers after getting discharged from the army. The roles they select seem to change, too. How was it for you? Did you experience that change as well?

When I was in the army, I had a lot of time to go over my previous works and roles. Back then, I think I worked only when I wanted to. I would turn down the offer if it did not suit me. However, while I was serving in the army, I realized how much it was grateful to work as an actor and build my career. Now that I am back, I just want to be in as many works as possible. I wanted to act so bad.

Q Did Jo Yeo-jung and Jeon Hye-bin come to see you while you were in the army? We remember you asking them to come visit you.

Haha. Yeah. Yeo-jung did visit me. She came with Hwang Yoon-jung, who prouduced ‘The Concubine’ in which Yeo-jung and I starred. And I met Hye-bin when I was on furlough.

Q Some people say you seem more well-built compared to before.

Do I? I work out on a regular basis. As I had to stay with a lot of guys, there was nothing else to do really, other than exercising. Haha.

Q When you were in the army, were you like other soldiers? You know, going mad over sexy girl bands, singing their songs along, and all that.

Oh yes, yes! I just loved all girl bands then. When they were on TV or their songs came out from the radio, I went crazy and sang their songs out loud. It’s so funny; I am a kind of person who is calm and quiet, but back then I was so passionate, enthusiastic and emotional. (He burst into laughter)

Q Do you share stories or concerns on acting with your fellow actors?

Yes. When my colleagues I could make some spare time, we would meet for a drink and share a lot of stories regarding acting, our careers, life, etc.

5-

Q You have another film on standby. Three Summer Nights, right? The film features an intriguing trio: Im Won-hee, Son Ho-jun and Kim Dong-wook! What a wonderful combination!

We are all friends in the film. Can you believe that? (Im Won-hee is 13 years older than Kim) Well, apparently, Lim was not happy with the news, while Ho-jun and I were thrilled. I mean, he really was concerned somehow. But hey, why not? I thought it would be an interesting try. Moreover, I have always wanted to work with Im Won-hee, he is such a great actor. I’m quite satisfied with the result by the way. We really got along, and I felt that age does not matter in friendships. You guys might want to check it out in the film too.

Q He is 13 years older than you are, isnt he?

Yes. But like I said earlier; age does not matter! I mean, I have some friends who are my age, but look or behave much older! Haha!

Q The name of your management is Jang-in, meaning mentor. Do you have a mentor of your own?

Not really, no. Not yet. I’m still looking for my master. (He laughed)

Q What kind of actor do you want to be remembered as?

A long-running, consistent actor. That’s all I wish for. I want to work as much as I can, and it would be just great if viewers and fans loved my works.

GET IT K Han Jihee, Photography by Ryuma, English Translation by Veronica Choi

Kim Dong-wuk, "'Maids' was tough mentally and physically"

Kim Dong-wuk was recently interviewed by News N.

He starred in the JTBC drama "Maids" as Kim Eun-ki, who was purely in love with Gook In-yup (Jeong Yoo-mi).

Kim Dong-wuk completed military service and returned with "Maids". He talked about the pressure of being in a historical as soon as he was done with duty. But why did he choose "Maids"? He said, "The role is very appealing. I was impressed by the script and I didn't want to let the chance go just because it was a historical drama.

Kim Dong-wuk stood out as Kim Eun-ki. His talent had everything to do with Kim Eun-ki being so popular. Kim Eun-ki went through a chain of emotions from being a romantic guy to finding out the truth about his father.

It wasn't always easy acting out Kim Eun-ki. Kim Dong-wuk says, "I knew I'd be going on a rollercoaster when I chose to be Kim Eun-ki. It wasn't going to be easy. That made me want this role even more. I thought about the achievement at the end of the day".

Kim Dong-wuk showed a whole new side of him through "Maids". He said, "I feel like I did my best but I think I can do better after time when I've had more experience in the future".

"Maids" Kim Eun-ki only has eyes for Gook In-yup but doesn't succeed at winning her heart. He watches her go to another man. Kim Dong-wuk said, "Kim Eun-ki resents Gook In-yup but he couldn't let her go because he loved her so much".

Kim Eun-ki died in the end trying to protect Gook In-yup. The end of the undying love was death. He said the scene is an impressive one. He said, "If you die, that's it. You can't show anything else. I thought about it a lot. I concentrated on making the story work".

""Maids" was an attractive but not an easy drama. It was mentally and physically challenging; however, I think this made me that much more mature and I think I can do better in the future".

Kim Dong-wuk shot the movie "Three Summer Nights" as well. He said the military made him realize the preciousness of acting.

"I didn't feel nervous in base. I just started to be thankful for being able to do what I want. I don't want to take a break. I just don't my absence to go on for a long time".

"Three Summer Nights" is being released soon. Kim Dong-wuk is a completely different character in this movie. He said, "I focus on the character a lot when I choose a work".

Kim enjoys watching TV shows when he's not working. He doesn't miss any comedy shows". I love how well the comedians act. They are so funny".

Will we see Kim Dong-wuk on a comedy show one day? Kim Dong-wuk says, "I think it's best those who are good at making people laugh do it".

How does he want to be remembered by the public? He said, "I want to be a trusted actor. I want people to make plans to watch anything I come out with".

Kim Dong-wuk is currently taking a break.

Credit:http://www.hancinema.net/kim-dong-wuk--maids-was-tough-mentally-and-physically-80523.html

• 2 months later...
10 hours ago, sushilicious said:

Hello :) Because you are a romance type of watcher so I would say that you can watch More than a maid. But due to his reputation, he always get supporting. It’s only recently then he gotten his leading role.

More Than a Maid is set in the period era, not sure you like it or not but yup. You can try radiant office as well :) but he is not the main, so he pops in and out haha. Movies wise, you can watch Along with the gods, it’s good.

Thank you for stopping by :) I visited your forum too. Haha

Okay I'll add them to my list and watch when I get sometime later. Thanks for the suggestions. 

On 1/22/2019 at 3:00 PM, sushilicious said:

Latest News: Trade Love

Original Date: 13 Feb 2019

But currently now moved to 27 Feb 2018 

:( 

Are there eng subs for this movie ?

• 2 weeks later...

I stumbled upon Kim Dong Wook in Find Me in Your Memory drama. Never know him beforehand but it turned out he appeared in Coffee Prince back then. Making a little research about his personal life but quiet scarce maybe because he does not have SNS and rarely have an interview. What makes me get immersed with him, not to mention his charisma and handsome-looking, he is indeed a versatile actor:)

What I love the most recently is KDW is getting more recognition and gaining a plenty of international fans after his success appearance in FMIYM drama. As short as I notice, the IG post below has the most massive comment and get fast liking just within a minute among other Keyeastofficial post.

• 4 weeks later...