ShowBox
Release date
18 October 2002
Running time
114 minutes

Links: IMDb l Wikipedia l Asianwiki l ELBH 

Spoiler

- those have yet to watch the movie... please beware of potential spoilers

Professional Review of "Addicted" Addicted was very much anticipated by many audiences as it features Lee Byung-Heon and Lee Mi Yeon, two ultra-popular actors in Korea who are in the heyday of their careers. The story centers on Dae-Jin (Lee Byung-Heon), a car racer who lives with his brother Ho-Jin (Lee Eol) and Ho-Jin's wife Eun-Soo (Lee Mi-Yeon). One day, both of the brothers have had serious car accidents in different places and have gone into a coma. One year later, Dae-Jin wakes up, but he claims himself as Ho-Jin. He even falls in love with Eun-Soo in place of his brother, and the rest of the movie is all about their incestuous relationship... At first glance, the plotline reminded me of a Japanese comedy called Secret, which also touches upon the subject of the possessed and incest. But unlike that film, Addicted is not a comedy. The mood of the movie is rather dark and morose. The soundtrack is also somber enough to keep you engaged in this sadistic love story. You didn't read the last sentence of the above paragraph wrong, I did write "sadistic". In fact, "Sadistic love" seems to be a popular theme for Korean cinema in 2002. In the beginning of the year, there was Kim Gi-Duk's Bad Guy, then in March, Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance, later in the year, Phone, Three and Oasis came out one by one. What is interesting is that in all of these movies, the protagonists always use a very alternative and peculiar way to express their love. If you have seen this film, you'll probably agree with me that the love relationship between Dae-Jin and Eun-Soo is more than incestuous, it is not inappropriate if you want to call it sick. Since I don't know too much about the Korean culture, I dare not say this kind of distorted love relationship has any social implication, but I tend to believe that the forbidden love affairs may actually be a metaphor of how South Koreans view North Korea, or to be a bit more specific, it is probably a subconscious reflection of their ambivalent feeling toward North Korea. In terms of the narrative structure, to my surprise, the filmmakers did not employ any innovative techniques at all, a linear narrative approach is presented. Everything is brought out plain and slow, that audiences may find some scenes boring. But when the story progresses, you'll soon realize that the simple narrative device is actually quite suitable for this story. It helps to build up the tension for the ending which will give you a moderate surprise. Lee Byung-Heon and Lee Mi-Yeon are both first class actors, and they are also good partners, as they have costarred in Harmonium in My Memory before. What is coincidental is that Lee Byung-Heon also falls in love with Lee Mi-Yeon in a similar way in that movie. This time, I would say Lee Byung-Heon is more eye-catching than Lee Mi-Yeon since his role is way more complicated and profound.

As a highly anticipated flick, Addicted is more conventional than I expected. Although there is a twist at the end, overall speaking, the plot is not too rich or entertaining. Nevertheless, the performance of the cast is just brilliant, fans of Lee Byung-Heon and Lee Mi-Yeon will not be disappointed for sure. Cool guy(s) - Lee Byung-Heon Reviewed by: Kantorates-Cinespot.com, copied from Yesasia.com 

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

heheh I liked this movie. This was the first movie of LBH that I watched, it left me a great impression of him as an actor, although I had seen his dramas, but this was different. His role was very interesting. When I finished the film, I too felt somewhat addicted... hehe

^

Hi genna & dashuu, welcome to the Addiction thread! Good to have you here... share with us more of your thoughts and comments about the movie, ok. :)

-----------------------------------------------------------

Addiction thoughts - spoilers included

I started watching the movie fully aware of the storyline and ending but I must say that I actually believed that it was Ho-jin in Dae-jin's body throughout the movie before Eun-soo found out about the lie. Dae-jin's perfect impersonation of his brother was really quite scary. But again, they (the brothers) shared everything and it was Dae-jin who taught Ho-jin how to make Eun-soo happy. It was all along Dae-jin's way of showing his love for Eun-soo... through the actions of his own brother.

Come to think of it, Eun-soo's really lucky to have two men loving her. Even though Ho-jin had to ask Dae-jin to help him with matters of the heart, it doesn't mean that he loved her any less. And Dae-jin's willingness to help his brother was to ensure that Eun-soo will forever stay with them. Dae-jin who's ready to spend his life living under the same roof with them was actually given a break when the accident happened. It was like a blessing in disguise for him even if he has to lose his only brother and lie his way to her heart.... which was really heart-breaking.

The lovescene was intimate of course but such a sad moment of love, when Dae-jin kissed her with tears in his eyes. He's finally with the woman he loves but not as himself, the man he really is. Wouldn't Eun-soo have noticed that if it was not her husband who's making love to her? It's scary how Dae-jin could really impersonate his brother's intimate moves or was Eun-soo too oblivious to notice it? How could he have known everything? Did Ho-jin share all the intimate details or did Dae-jin teach him on what to do or was is simply because his room was situated next to theirs that he had heard them? But by the next morning... all his fears disperse as Eun-soo accepted him as if he (Ho-jin) had never left.

There was the scene in the later part of the film. The scene in the car park when Dae-jin was having his exhibition. Eun-soo was going home to rest when Dae-jin called her and pulled her close, leaning on a red car. It was quite intimate and spontaneous gesture as if on impulse when he pulled her close. When I saw the scene I was thinking that only the real Dae-jin could/would have done that. I don't think the real Ho-jin would do the same given the fact that he was the shy and more reserved person... or maybe we thought him as one. Or perhaps... given a new 'lease' in life.. Ho-jin, supposedly in Dae-jin's body... is now a more outgoing person?

Despite the ending... Addicted was sad.. a little creepy yes, but in a bittersweet kind of way. Can they ever be free or are they just prisoners of their addiction to love?

February 26, 2004

Lee Byung Hun's popularity spreading to Japan
Source: k-plaza.com, thanks to leebyunghun.comShirley and Pao-LBH.SG

Korean megastar, has captured a lot of media attention for his trip to Japan.

On the 25th, a fan meeting cum premiere was hold in Japan, and gathered a total of nearly over 350 fans and numerous Japanese media and once again proved Lee Byung Hun's charm.

Once the news of this event was released, there were a total of over 3600 fans, who within one hour had purchased all the tickets available for the event.Bbased on the price of won 42,000 each, the fans reaction are certainly overwhelming.

Currently, Japanese TV station NHK is boardcasting Beautiful days, and LBH popularity has been on the increase, and during the meeting, the fans were screaming when they saw LBH. LBH removed his sunglasses to greet the fans and their loud cheer were even more alarming.. once again confirming his superstar popularity in Japan.

photo_byunghun_010.jpg

photo_byunghun_018.jpg

The love confession in the diary

I saw a girl today

She was like the sunshine of September

The moment I caught

all the sadness within me disappeared

I don't know how to explain this strong feeling

I met my brother's woman

The world abandoned me

even the skies

Today is the happiest day of my brother's life

After today, his life will be even happier

Since Eun-soo will be with him

I'm also a happy person

I'll be able to see Eun-soo forever

from behind

Ho-jin told me everything about his times with Eun-soo

Ho-jin doesn't know women

So I told him how to write love letters

And through his letters, Eun-soo became happier

Ho-jin said he's lucky to have a brother like me

I'm a luckier guy

Seeing that I haven't gone insane yet

living under the same roof with them.

addicted2.jpg

transcript & image credits to their original site

• 1 month later...

As requested by Rubie, my own thoughts after watching the show... Have fun reading them... They contain spoilers though...

REVIEW OF ADDICTED

Great love story. That was the first thing that came to my mind as I was watching this movie. It’s a tale of sacrifice, devotion, true love and transcendence. In the beginning, I thought little of the plot just like I did Bungee because the story simply could not hold water in real life. Yet again, this is another Lee Byung-hun story that touches on the subject of re-incarnation. While one is tempted to draw parallels between two rather similar vehicles of the same actor, the characters are entirely different. In-woo was more of an innocent man undergoing his first ever love and the impression of that first love was so great that for him to come to terms with the demise of both his girlfriend and their love was simply next to impossible. Dae-jin, on the other hand, had to give up his love for the sake of his elder brother and when the girl in question finally accepted his love, it was only because he had perfectly impersonated the character and traits of someone else. At least, In-woo had some sort of a reprieve to carry on his love which had transcended beyond death. Dae-jin had to suffer the fate of not being able to be himself just to love the one woman he’d ever wanted.

Parallels could still be drawn between the two protagonists through their experience of longing and the pain that comes with it as well as the transcendence of their love. For Dae-jin, the pain was so much more pronounced because he could only just watch the woman he loved become his sister-in-law. He hid it very well from his sister-in-law as well as his brother but deep down, the turmoil and scars his heart suffered was indeed excruciating and painful. I guess this was what they meant by so close yet so far. The transcendence of his love for her was from a pure love into an almost perverted obsession. No doubt that she was the first woman he had laid his eyes but once he knew she was off-limits, why does he still have that deep down desire to pursue her? And when he eventually did, why use his brother as an excuse to love her? There were a few reasons. Firstly, his brother was not exactly dead yet. He also knew the repercussions of being accused of falling in love and eventually marrying your sister-in-law. He also knew that his sister-in-law only had feelings for his brother and not him, or he thought of that at least. He couldn’t exactly fight for her either because he might have seen her first but his brother had won over her first. What else could he do but pine away in his own desolate world for a love that could not be?

Eventually, when he saw the chance, he risked it even though he knew he could never be himself again. Such is the power of love that he had for his sister-in-law even though to some, it looked kind of perverted lusting for and wanting your sister-in-law. He was able to forgo and forget what he did all this while just for love. His first love had such an indelible impact on his life that he was willing to assume the identity of his brother.

So why did I say that such stories don’t exactly hold water in real life? Have you ever wondered the possibility of the soul of a living man (since Ho-jin wasn’t dead yet at that point of time) entering into the body of another? And as much as he could impersonate the life and demeanours and such of another man, surely there was some difference between his impersonation and the real deal? Couldn’t the woman have guessed that this was all for show and look deeper as to why this happened?

Yet again, Lee Byung-hun scores with the role of the deep and highly-sensitive Dae-jin. The poignancy and heartache of Dae-jin was so well brought out that somehow, you can’t help but cry along with him. Great controlled acting with a wonderful sense of emotional layering definitely makes this a winner in Lee Byung-hun’s acting accolades.

Rating: 4.5/5 (Worth your time and your money and your tears… -0.5 for cutting and censoring the wonderful bedroom scene (at least in the version that I watched… )

Guest adikkeluangman

Just saw this movie today on TV. The info said a suspen drama :o But then, after watch it. OK. LBH look so fresh here. So the end, the girl want to play along act as she didn't know the truth?

Just saw this movie today on TV. The info said a suspen drama :o But then, after watch it. OK. LBH look so fresh here. So the end, the girl want to play along act as she didn't know the truth?

adikkeluangman... you saw the movie on Astro? Wah...

Eun-soo decided to play along with Dae-jin (LBH)... even though she knows that he's really not the husband but actually the brother... maybe because she realised that he truly loves and wanted to take care of her.

Although she is also pregnant... perhaps the familiarity of being with Dae-jin before & after the accident, makes her decide to stay with him.

Even when Dae-jin is lying about his identity, he's always been 'truthful' about his feelings for Eun-soo.

Guest tengteng

This is a good movie.

The ending was very sad,when LBH was talking to his brother(actully to the air) and confessed about his love for his wife,and saying sorry and all the stuff..damn touching..

Addiction 2002 중독 The Poisoning

Addicted_59.jpg

Professional Review of "Addicted"

Reviewed by: Kantorates @ Cinespot.com / yesasia.com

Addicted was very much anticipated by many audiences as it features Lee Byung-Heon and Lee Mi Yeon, two ultra-popular actors in Korea who are in the heyday of their careers.

The story centers on Dae-Jin (Lee Byung-Heon), a car racer who lives with his brother Ho-Jin (Lee Eol) and Ho-Jin's wife Eun-Soo (Lee Mi-Yeon). One day, both of the brothers have had serious car accidents in different places and have gone into a coma. One year later, Dae-Jin wakes up, but he claims himself as Ho-Jin. He even falls in love with Eun-Soo in place of his brother, and the rest of the movie is all about their incestuous relationship... At first glance, the plotline reminded me of a Japanese comedy called Secret, which also touches upon the subject of the possessed and incest. But unlike that film, Addicted is not a comedy. The mood of the movie is rather dark and morose. The soundtrack is also somber enough to keep you engaged in this sadistic love story.

You didn't read the last sentence of the above paragraph wrong, I did write "sadistic". In fact, "Sadistic love" seems to be a popular theme for Korean cinema in 2002. In the beginning of the year, there was Kim Gi-Duk's Bad Guy, then in March, Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance, later in the year, Phone, Three and Oasis came out one by one. What is interesting is that in all of these movies, the protagonists always use a very alternative and peculiar way to express their love. If you have seen this film, you'll probably agree with me that the love relationship between Dae-Jin and Eun-Soo is more than incestuous, it is not inappropriate if you want to call it sick. Since I don't know too much about the Korean culture, I dare not say this kind of distorted love relationship has any social implication, but I tend to believe that the forbidden love affairs may actually be a metaphor of how South Koreans view North Korea, or to be a bit more specific, it is probably a subconscious reflection of their ambivalent feeling toward North Korea.

In terms of the narrative structure, to my surprise, the filmmakers did not employ any innovative techniques at all, a linear narrative approach is presented. Everything is brought out plain and slow, that audiences may find some scenes boring. But when the story progresses, you'll soon realize that the simple narrative device is actually quite suitable for this story. It helps to build up the tension for the ending which will give you a moderate surprise.

Lee Byung-Heon and Lee Mi-Yeon are both first class actors, and they are also good partners, as they have costarred in Harmonium in My Memory before. What is coincidental is that Lee Byung-Heon also falls in love with Lee Mi-Yeon in a similar way in that movie. This time, I would say Lee Byung-Heon is more eye-catching than Lee Mi-Yeon since his role is way more complicated and profound.

As a highly anticipated flick, Addicted is more conventional than I expected. Although there is a twist at the end, overall speaking, the plot is not too rich or entertaining. Nevertheless, the performance of the cast is just brilliant, fans of Lee Byung-Heon and Lee Mi-Yeon will not be disappointed for sure.

Cool guy(s) - Lee Byung-Heon

21_poster2.jpg21_poster1.jpg

Addicted to a wish...

Source: dvd.monstersandcritics.com

Addicted-2002-03-b.jpgAddicted-2002-04-b.jpg

Dae-jin (Lee Byung-heon) and his brother Ho-jin (Lee Eol) are as close as brothers can be. Hurriedly on the way to the car race in which his brother is competing, Ho-jin is killed while, simultaneously, Dae-jin is critically injured in a track incident. After waking up from a long coma, Dae-jin unerringly takes on the entire habits as well as the looks of his worshipped brother. Matters escalate after he falls into an addictive tryst with Ho-jin's wife Eun-soo (Lee Mi-yeon) that goes far beyond a brother and sister-in-law relationship...

Sure-footed and yet consistently surprising, the film examines the very nature of spritiual versus physical love and the lengths people will go to in order to sense completeness. Park Yeung-hoon's refreshingly intelligent edgy drama saw the re-teaming of Lee Mi-yeon and Lee Byeong-heon after 1998's 'Harmonium In My Memory'; for her achingly real performance as the brittle Eun-soo, Lee Mi-yeon scooped the Best Actress prize at the 2003 Grand Bell Awards.

AKA : 'The Poisoning' & 'Addicted - 100 Days of Poisoning'.

addiction_pamphlet01.jpg

addiction_pamphlet02.jpg

addiction_pamphlet03.jpg

addiction_pamphlet04.jpg

addiction_pamphlet05.jpg

addiction_pamphlet06.jpg

Related Links:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0336678/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Addicted_(2002_film)

http://www.hancinema.net/korean_movie_Addicted.php

http://www.mysoju.com/addicted/

http://asianmediawiki.com/Addicted

http://www.amazon.com/Addicted-Special-Byung-hun-Lee/dp/B000B6TT64

http://www.yesasia.com/us/addicted/1002467917-0-0-0-en/info.html

http://www.cine21.com/Movies/Mov_Movie/movie_detail.php?id=5963

The love confession in the diary

I saw a girl today

She was like the sunshine of September

The moment I caught

all the sadness within me disappeared

I don't know how to explain this strong feeling

I met my brother's woman

The world abandoned me

even the skies

Today is the happiest day of my brother's life

After today, his life will be even happier

Since Eun-soo will be with him

I'm also a happy person

I'll be able to see Eun-soo forever

from behind

Ho-jin told me everything about his times with Eun-soo

Ho-jin doesn't know women

So I told him how to write love letters

And through his letters, Eun-soo became happier

Ho-jin said he's lucky to have a brother like me

I'm a luckier guy

Seeing that I haven't gone insane yet

living under the same roof with them.

transcript & image credits to original fan-sites and ardent sharing

• 4 weeks later...

hanbook_1876_8242433.gif

hanbook_1878_20339347.gif

Original title: Chungdok

Starring: Lee Byung-Hun, Lee Mi-Yeon, Lee Earl

Director: Park Young-Hun

Studio: Metro DVD / Cinexus

Rating: 15 +

Genre: Drama

This DVD is encoded with Region 3. Make sure your DVD player plays Region 3 DVD's

About this DVD

"Addicted" is both a story about two brothers and their spiritual journey as well as a lovers' tale. Dae-jin's (Lee Byung-heon) brother Ho-jin (Lee Eol) dies during a tragic car race that they both attended. After waking up from a long coma, Dae-jin takes on the entire habits as well as the looks of his worshipped brother. Things start to get totally out of hand after he falls into an addictive relationship with Ho-jin's wife Eun-soo (Lee Mi-yeon) that goes far beyond a brother sister-in-law relationship ¡¦

This is a multiple DVD set. Shipping cost will be adjusted as 2 DVD's.

Audio Format: Dolby Digital 5.1

Video Format: Anamorphic 1.85:1

Languages: Korean

Subtitles: English, Korean

Country Made: Korea

Region Code: 3

Year Made: 2002

Running Time: 183

Special Features: Director's Audio Commentary, Cast & Crews, Music Video, Trailer, Interviews, Making Of Film (7 Scenes), Synopsis, Production Notes, Photo Gallery, Easter Egg

Availability:

Usually ships in 5-7 days.

14472reg: $33.98sale: $28.89

Source:

If interested for more info, here's the page to visit

http://hanbooks.com/adakapois2di.html

Summary of Addicted

Addicted to a wish...

Dae-jin (Lee Byung-heon) and his brother Ho-jin (Lee Eol) are as close as brothers can be. Hurriedly on the way to the car race in which his brother is competing, Ho-jin is killed while, simultaneously, Dae-jin is critically injured in a track incident. After waking up from a long coma, Dae-jin unerringly takes on the entire habits as well as the looks of his worshipped brother. Matters escalate after he falls into an addictive tryst with Ho-jin's wife Eun-soo (Lee Mi-yeon) that goes far beyond a brother and sister-in-law relationship...

Sure-footed and yet consistently surprising, the film examines the very nature of spritiual versus physical love and the lengths people will go to in order to sense completeness. Park Yeung-hoon's refreshingly intelligent edgy drama saw the re-teaming of Lee Mi-yeon and Lee Byeong-heon after 1998's 'Harmonium In My Memory'; for her achingly real performance as the brittle Eun-soo, Lee Mi-yeon scooped the Best Actress prize at the 2003 Grand Bell Awards.

AKA : 'The Poisoning' & 'Addicted - 100 Days of Poisoning'.

Credit: http://dvd.monstersandcritics.com/archive/...p/Addicted/3876

CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT... SO ADDICTED...

leemy.gif

Lee Mi-yeon

leemy5.jpg

Complete filmography:

Typhoon (2005)

Addicted (2002)

Last Witness (2001)

Indian Summer (2001)

Pisces (2000)

Love Bakery (2000)

Harmonium in My Memory (1999)

Whispering Corridors (1998)

Motel Cactus (1997)

No. 3 (1997)

Go Alone Like a Rhino's Horn (1995)

I Will Survive (1993)

Snow Flower (1992)

An Afternoon Without Rain (1991)

An Autumn Journey (1991)

Happiness Has Nothing To Do With School Records (1989)

Lee Mi-yeon (b. September 23, 1971) debuted in 1989 in a production by Cinema Service founder Kang Woo-suk titled Happiness Has Nothing To Do With School Records. Over the course of the 1990s she became quite famous, and after a short pause from filmmaking in 1995 she returned with a vengeance, taking on a role in the cult hit No. 3 and, in the following year, playing a schoolteacher in the second-biggest Korean film of 1998, horror film Whispering Corridors.

The year 2001 proved to be a mixed blessing for Lee. The news that her husband, actor Kim Seung-woo, had divorced her ended up as one of the biggest entertainment-related stories of the year. Shortly thereafter, however, she won a Best Actress award from the 2000 Blue Dragon Awards ceremony for her role in the low-profile film Pisces.

The award and all the press attention proved to be a boost to her career. In Indian Summer she played a woman accused of killing her husband, and then in November she starred as a Communist sympathizer in the latest feature by veteran director Bae Chang-ho. The following year she starred opposite mega-star Lee Byung-heon in the melodrama Addicted, as a woman who must cope with an unusual situation after her husband's death.

After several years away from the screen, Lee returns in 2005 in Kwak Kyung-taek's blockbuster Typhoon, which ranks as the most expensive Korean film in history.

leebh.gif

Lee Byung-heon

leebh2.jpg

Complete filmography:

A Bittersweet Life (2005)

Everybody Has Secrets (2004)

Addicted (2002)

My Beautiful Girl, Mari (2002, voice)

Bungee Jumping of Their Own (2001)

Joint Security Area (2000)

Harmonium in My Memory (1999)

Elegy of the Earth (1997)

Kill the Love (1996)

Armageddon (1996) (voice)

Runaway (1995)

Who Drives Me Mad? (1995)

Lee Byung-heon (b. July 12, 1970) majored in French at Hanyang University before making his television debut on KBS in 1991. A fixture in TV dramas throughout the decade, Lee has continued to work in television even after becoming a major film star. His movie debut came in 1995 as the lead in Who Drives Me Mad?, and he worked off and on in the film industry up until his breakthrough film in 2000, Joint Security Area.

For a long time thought of as just another pretty face, Lee eventually earned great praise for his acting, both for his turn in JSA and especially in Bungee Jumping of Their Own. He also starred in the popular television drama Beautiful Days, which screened in spring 2002 on SBS and would later be exported across Asia.

In 2002, Lee starred with actress Lee Mi-yeon in Addicted, a melodrama about two brothers who fall into a coma on the same day. The following spring he also took the lead role in the highly popular TV drama All In, about a successful gambler.

In 2004, Lee appeared opposite actresses Choi Ji-woo, Choo Sang-mi and Kim Hyo-jin in Everybody Has Secrets, a remake of the Irish comedy About Adam. Also that year, several of Lee's TV dramas began to screen in Japan, and his popularity there started to soar. He eventually became even more popular in Japan than he is in Korea.

Then in 2005, Lee appeared in Kim Jee-woon's highly anticipated action-noir A Bittersweet Life. Although the film ended up performing below expectations in both Korea and Japan, it was selected to screen in the Official Selection (out of competition) at the 2005 Cannes Film Festival, giving Lee the opportunity to "walk the red carpet" for his biggest moment of fame.

Deep gratitude to koreanfilm.org for the information & captures.

DVD Review: Addicted

Aug 2, 2005, 19:55 GMT

This Korean drama, 'Addicted' from director Young-hoon Park, is a slow moving but emotionally draining watch. At times the title itself does not seem to ring true with the movie you are watching, but by the heart-shattering end, it is a little more than uncomfortable.

Ho-jin (Eol Lee - 'H') and his wife, Eun-su (Mi-yeon Lee - 'The Harmonium in My Memory'), live in the luxury of their romance, still very happily married after a few years they still leave each other little notes of love and the feeling of being dated is forever present.

add01.jpg

Dae-jin (Byung-hun Lee - 'JSA') has just finished his national service and lives with the happy couple for a while, although they do not object to his presence they are happier on their own and give out little hints that he should find himself a girl a settle down. He seems only interested in his car racing, brushing off advances from the lovely and friendly Ye-jin (Seon-yeong Park), and looking upon her more as a friend.

Things seem almost idyllic until one day their happy and contented lives are shattered by not just one, but two car accidents. Both brothers are involved and it leaves Eun-su with the pieces of a broken existence. She starts putting parts of her life together and then the phone goes, its one of these phone calls you are patiently awaiting on, the news is that Dae-jin has recovered consciousness from his trauma. This is when the problems really start as Dae-jin starts to act in the way Ho-jin would, he makes her dinner, he works in Ho-jin's studio and says to Eun-su things that only Ho-jin would know. How can her brother in law display so many traits of her absent partner, she sees Dae-jin's face but starts seeing Ho-jin within. The recipe for unhappy things to come.

add02.jpg

Young-hoon Park has created an absorbing tale well told and acted by his four mains, they play well off each other and the range of emotion, especially from Mi-yeon Lee, is heartfully felt. Like many of Asian, and especially Korean dramas, this can be a slow moving affair, well, slow in comparison in the hyper unreality of most western soaps and dramas, so to a patient viewer this has much to offer.

On the extras front there is a lengthy but insightful behind the scenes look as well as some interviews with cast and crew. The main 'love theme’ from the movie is given the music video treatment, although this is not particularly fresh or special, just a montage of film clips. Some text filmographies/biographies are included, a trailer and some storyboards fill up the remainder of the disc.

This is handsomely presented in a glossy slipcase with an info card, it is in its original Korean language (5.1 Dolby Digital and Stereo 2.0 options) with clear optional English subtitles. All extras are also subtitled.

A US remake is currently in production with direction from Michael Petroni, the writer of the Lestat sequel 'Queen of the Damned'.

add03.jpg

credit:

http://dvd.monstersandcritics.com/reviews/article_9425.php

is there anywher where i can download this movie?

i want to watch it:)

Hi jasminec!

Sorry for the late response, here's where you can download the movie.

Info from Everything Lee Byung Hun, thanks to midnight sun & the original source.

Addicted

ed2k://|file|%ED%95%9C%EA%B5%AD%EC%98%81%ED%99%94-%EC%A4%91%EB%8F%85-%EC%9D%B4%EB%B3%91%ED%97%8C,%EC%9D%B4%EB%AF%B8%EC%97%B0.avi|734261248|95FDE2D642DCC2F620C519DB11832D57|

Hope this helps.

Archived