Quantcast

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Joanne <3

A Split For Australia?

Guest twinkle_l0ve

today tonight is a neoconservative, white supremacist show that sees a very particular, narrow vision for australia. apart from this report, they've also had some other ones promoting the romantic 'coloniser' and hard-working australian farmers and diggers image, while constructing a negative image for migrants. one word - ratings.

i like how you worded that =)

on chasers, there was a segment about how crappy today tonight and a current affairs is lol!

Guest A.Wesker

im guessing this is a small start to balance the racism against Muslims and Lebanese...

im also guessing theyre trying to start another LA Attack when americans picked on Koreans for taking over jobs

this is just a theory , not a true source

if they dont want us taking over , then dont expect business oppurtunities with Australia from Asia

Australia is trying to make itself an Asian country for this..

theres quite a few there really , cause theres a UWS Campus there

Also , im gunna sound racist here to , but who isnt(your effing lying if you say your not)

id seriously prefer immigrants coming in from Asia(as in our Asia) then... lets say , the middle east :)

Also , asians are probably the only immigrants that can adapt to a white society faster then others(just when it comes to English.. not so much)

you wont get much middle easterners or sub-continents(curries) in a Private school , especially when most are Christian or Cathaolic schools

sorry if i have offended anyone , i know i probably have , correct me if any points are wrong either , this all came from the top of my head and NO i didnt watch the show , only read whats there

heheheh gold ur are the best :)

Guest NJSK.

They'll do anything to get more publicity. -0-

muchlove!

-jisoo

Guest Golden Zeta Gundam

heheheh gold ur are the best :)

lolz what you on about :P i think i was drunk when i wrote that :P

Guest Natsumi_sshi

ASIANS ARE taking over the world. Geez its the waves of migration. They're so racisit.

But meh i just had to say that ^^

Guest coffee beans

my goodness... we're living in the 21st century and people STILL have not yet come to their senses.

Guest webmagine

The people at TT are all noobs.

Guest lido0l_zen

this show is oh so stupidddd....==

Thats so racest.

Im jst hopeing aussie arn't gonna spark another riot for asians.

That will be scary.

I go to a half leb half aussie skool.

The aussie are VERY nice.

And i love being australian !!

I wouldn't go live in any other country on earth.

Guest twee

ppl actually watch today tonight? wow...

theyre just stupid...who cares wat the say...

"In Sydney, about 40 per cent of all adults are born overseas, in Melbourne it's about just over 30 per cent."

and of that majority im sure it includes MZ and Europe!!

Guest kumi00

The "Vietnamese Sting" story they did was way more racist. In any case, if next time there's something weird going on Today Tonight, one should try to post it in this subforum. ^^

Guest z80

This stupid today tonight report was the subject of a media watch investigation.

http://www.abc.net.au/mediawatch/transcripts/s2003995.htm

The following are my two favourite :-

…He asked many questions…We know some of them but not all. He showed only the wrong answers. I feel like he set up a trick for us...We were very upset. We complained. We sent the reporter an email and he sent one back saying "we don’t mean to offend".

— Statement from Minnie Feng to Media Watch

…they knew of the Three Sisters in the Blue Mountains. I initially included this in my story yet it was edited out by a senior producer as this was a reference to a state landmark in NSW and it was thought that people in Queensland and Victoria may, reasonably, never have heard of the Three Sisters.

— Email from Bryan Seymour (Senior Reporter, Today Tonight) to Media Watch

I live in WA and even I know the 3 sisters in the blue mountains, so if they thought that their own audience wouldn't know the answer to a question that they are asking as a "test" of Austrlianess what the hell was it with all the other questions. I wonder if they where asked to name one Chinese dynasty. Do you think they could?

Dam I hate stupid white people.

Guest tsujt

LOL I saw this too!!

My mum knows Lucilla and was nearly shot by the camera in the video and my mum's friends were shot instead (cause she was going somewhere...?)

My sister and I was WTF?! and a bit angry but we wern't suppose to be really complaining cause we're ABCs....and my mum migrated in the 70s...LOL and my dad is another ABC.

Guest z80

I just love it because the reaction of the asians is exactly how you would expect Australians to react. Kind of shows the white humanoids that asians are no different to them.

Guest kappow

LOL!! this was also on the chasers!! they made a good joke outta this one.

Guest Faa

Today Tonight and A Current Affair are such a joke.

It's sad when morons take that trash seriously.

Dam I hate stupid people.

Fixed.

Guest kristysongy

lol i watch the chasers and some things they talk about current affairs are funny but some are not!?

I hate today tonight and acurrent affairs bcuz they exaggerate too much!

I agree with Dee. Nobody really takes them seriously

Guest z80

I think dumb people take ACA and TT seriously.

Guest Yaoisinz

WTF.

such idiots.

AUSTRALIA . IS . MULTICULTURAL!