Guest heartshapelove

[MBC] Wang Hee-Ji

200707130023.jpg

[아현동 마님] Ah-Hyeon Dong's Madam

Cast : Wang Hee-Ji

Date of commencement : 16 July 2007

(replacing [MBC] Bad Woman, Good Woman)

official website : http://www.imbc.com/broad/tv/drama/madam

the drama is titled Ah-Hyeon Dong's Madam and written by Writer Im Seong-Han and directed by PD Son Mun-Gwon who is also the pair behind Dear Heaven . the two were also just married recently in early 2007. The lead actress is Wang Hee-Ji (왕희지 ) [she was in Be strong guem soon .i vaguely recall .as guem soon teacher in the hair saloon ] . she will be in the role of a public prosecutor who meets and falls in love with another prosecutor who is 12 years younger then her played by kim Myung sung . this drama is scheduled to be 120 esp

20070713095306443.1.jpg

20070713095306443.2.jpg

20070713095306443.3.jpg

20070713095306443.jpg

credit photos: daum

'아현동 마님 - Ah-Hyeon Dong's Madam'

credits: dramaok's blog

Writer Im Seong-Han [임성한] and PD Son Mun-Gwon [손문권] to make their first drama together since wedding bliss in February '07. Their new drama 'Ah-Hyeon Dong's Madam - 아현동 마님' premiers on MBC on Monday, July 16th, 2007 as a daily drama airing Mondays thru Fridays at 7:45 PM. The daily drama is planned to broadcast for 120 episodes total. Im is one of Korea's most famous drama writer who has a reputation of making no-names into stars through her hit dramas such as 'Dear Heaven - 하늘이시여 (2005)' 'Mermaid Lady - 인어아가씨 (2003)' 'King Flower Fairy - 왕꽃선녀님 (2004)' which transformed no-name actresses Yoon Jeong-Hee [윤정희], Jang Seo-Hee [장서희], and Lee Da-Hae [이다해] into popular leading actresses.

In her joint project with her husband 12 years younger than her, whom she recently married after working together on the set of 'Dear Heaven' Im and Son once again cast a no-namer, actress Wang Hee-Ji [왕희지] who was born in 1975, and made her debut in 1993, but has yet to play a major role in a drama. Her latest drama appearance includes the 2005 MBC daily 'Be Strong Geum-Soon - 굳세어라 금순아', and in the new drama she will play a prosecutor who meets and falls in love with another prosecutor. As is with the case with anything written by Im, many expect both the drama and the actress to be a hit.

(credits: creidesca, shirley, dramaok)

---

Episode Downloads

Credits to all raw episodes: creidesca2 cb

Episode 001 ~ Episode 002 ~ Episode 003 ~ Episode 004 ~ Episode 005 ~ Episode 006 ~ Episode 007

If you can not download episodes, then tune into my youtube for the episodes.

---

Just randomly saw the Madam raws @ creidesca2's cb, so I started dling it right away without even knowing the plot.

Thanks shirley for the info in the drama scheduling thread. It made me interested and wanted to start a thread on it.

My cb decided to download episode 2 first; I'm still in the process of downloading episode 1. I might upload this on MU, but I've never tried uploading a daily drama before. :sweatingbullets:

I found some promo pictures and I think the character listing is on DC too. I can't really read hangul but I'll be updating the first post as the drama progresses.

Any help is welcome! Thanks! :D

i watch the esp 1 out of curiousity to confirm the age gap ~Because seriously , no matter how i looked at the pictures . i cant imagine they are 12 years apart .So i really wanted to confirm ..

but from esp 1 ~ it seem she is 42 year old [.er .it is pretty hard to accept .--;; ] .while he is 30 born in 1978 ~ .hmmm .--;;

btw i nearly thought i watch the wrong drama from the opening of esp 1 ! what the hell was that scene !!@@@ i thought i went into a period drama .with overweight hwang jinyi . :ph34r:

..er i never know they into those sort of things in the nightclub ..

...AND those two sisters of her ..er i dun really think they are from same parents right ?..--;; they sure look like from different family ..the father was really doting only on his eldest daughter , the prosecutor

So, is this correct....

The writer and director, who are real husband and wife, are 12 years apart

The two main characters in the drama are also 12 years apart 42 and 30.

Are they suspose to be protraying the lives of the writer and director?

Also, I must say this.... 12 years is a wide span even for male older than female relationships.

Question: In the series there is someone expecting a child, can anyone tell me who is she?

Thanks

So, is this correct....

The writer and director, who are real husband and wife, are 12 years apart

The two main characters in the drama are also 12 years apart 42 and 30.

Are they suspose to be protraying the lives of the writer and director?

Also, I must say this.... 12 years is a wide span even for male older than female relationships.

Question: In the series there is someone expecting a child, can anyone tell me who is she?

Thanks

that is the sister in law of Bu Gil-Ra [the male lead ] .the wife of his older brother

yes. the buzz is about how the drama script is like the writer real life marriage in terms of age gap between the couple

there must be a birth secret somewhere waiting to explode as writer Im script normally involve. :ph34r:

ok ... i've been dying to know since i saw this drama pixs & info posted on dramaok's blog. is this or is this not the same guy who played kim hyun joo and kim ji ho's cousin brother in glass slippers? the guy who ended with kim jung hwa? i thought they look alike but then i could be wrong since it's been a long time since that drama and i've not seen that actor in other dramas other than that one. LOL. besides ... the name listed in koreanwiz is different from this guy. anyone?

so the controversy this time is the huge age gap and how much it's like the writer's real life romance? shirley ... i'm sure the secret birth will pop up somewhere. kekeke ... speaking of which ... the lead character and her two sisters are so totally different physically from the pixs i've seen. :ph34r:

edit ... i just got confirmation from dramaok. haha ... it's the same guy with a name change. just like inuh agassi guy. why they have to change their name long time after they started acting? :blink: so weird. but then maybe this new name is bringing him good things. at least he's getting leading role finally? i thought he was really cute in glass slippers. wonder if i will still find him cute. :rolleyes:

btw ... thanks for starting this thread. i was looking around for it yesterday. but i doubt there will be many people watching this drama though. i wonder if i can survive another one of these dramas without subs. kekeke

ok ... i've been dying to know since i saw this drama pixs & info posted on dramaok's blog. is this or is this not the same guy who played kim hyun joo and kim ji ho's cousin brother in glass slippers? the guy who ended with kim jung hwa? i thought they look alike but then i could be wrong since it's been a long time since that drama and i've not seen that actor in other dramas other than that one. LOL. besides ... the name listed in koreanwiz is different from this guy. anyone?

edit ... i just got confirmation from dramaok. haha ... it's the same guy with a name change. just like inuh agassi guy. why they have to change their name long time after they started acting? :blink: so weird. but then maybe this new name is bringing him good things. at least he's getting leading role finally? i thought he was really cute in glass slippers. wonder if i will still find him cute. :rolleyes:

yaya . i heard abt his name change also .and that he used to be in glass slippers ..lol i never did fin that drama till the esp he appeared i suppose .only managed bits and pieces here of that drama . so i cant recall him in it .~

he quite okay from the first esp ...i just cant get over how they dun look with a 12 year gap between them .....he was smitted by her at the club when he saw her ...[she was there with her girlfriends .who said they will just say they are ALL 30 + year old should anyone come up to date them or something ]

6-1.jpg

2-1.jpg

shirley ... i'm sure the secret birth will pop up somewhere. kekeke ... speaking of which ... the lead character and her two sisters are so totally different physically from the pixs i've seen.

lol YES! i wondered which way shall it goes this time .what birth secret shall she come up with this time .. .cant be anothe Dear Heaven again i suppose .--;; ...OMg the sisters and her ...i was like : is the writer trying to hint to me they are not blood related sisters . lol then she had succeed --;

they sure share no family resemblances...er or maybe they do have but i was just *caught off guard with the physical appearance difference * :ph34r: WELL at least we dun need to worry abt them having eyes on the male lead @@ but they sure look like potential troublemakers....

the middle sister is just 2 years younger than her ..the family have three unmarried daughters

2007-07-16073946-CADTV11-1-TV035246.jpg

Guest heartshapelove

creidesca ~ I think this will be the first time I've seen any of the actors and actresses.... that or I just can't recognize them that well yet.

But, the actress that plays the pregnant sister in-law looks familiar though.

Shirley ~ When I first started watching this, I totally didn't think about how old their characters are suppose to be. But 12 years? and Wang Hee-Ji's character is suppose to be 42? Errr she looks too young to be in her 40s because my mom is right at the same age range. I think it'd be more realisitic if Wang Hee-Ji's character was in her 30's. But they both look to be in the same age range.

LOL. about your overweight hwang jinyi comment. ~ I was thinking WHAT?! IS THAT REALLY A GUY OR A GIRL? :blink: hahah to think some tough guys actually like that kind of entertainment.

As for the non-resemblance between the three sisters. I'm guessing the dad remarried and Wang Hee-Ji's character got two evil step sisters.

WELL at least we dun need to worry abt them having eyes on the male lead @@ but they sure look like potential troublemakers....

I finished ep4 already and the preview for ep5 shows that the two sisters don't treat the prosecutor that well. :unsure: Add Jealously to the characteristics of the younger sisters. <_<

The swimming scene in ep1. :w00t: I like the younger prosecutor he's got some good looks. :lol:

gerryg ~ Yup the pregnant sister in law of Bu Gil-Ra seems to also be a (opera) singer? :unsure:

exupery ~ Your welcome. Like I said, I basically was just interested at first with this drama because I saw it was a new file on creidesca2's cb and then when I saw the news and pictures. I was like Aww I wanna see this! That and am really partial to MBC dramas. This will be my first time to start a daily drama from the beginning of its airing.

I wonder how this drama did in it's first week.

The swimming scene in ep1. :w00t: I like the younger prosecutor he's got some good looks. :lol:

LMAO :lol:

BTW - I am partial to MBC's daily drama too. However, I spend more time thinking.... what did they say? .... why did she do that? .... hey! isn't he going to do something about that!!!!.... and on and on I go :P

Me too. Zapped through ep 1 to check out these new faces. Can't tell the 12 yrs age gap between the leads from looks either.

Some people think that the age gap in What's Up Fox was too obvious. Here it is the other way around, I think: invisible.

Guest emilyjx1692

Thanks for letting me know about this series. I just downloaded and saw the series. It's great. When are you going to upload the rest?

Thanks so much.

I like this drama too. I wish the age range wasn't so wide. I am constantly thinking how I would die if my son brought home a woman literally old enough to be his mother (believe it or not a lot of women have their first child at 12 years).

Moreover, what if they get married and want to have children. Isn't 42 too old to have a 'healthy' baby? My goodness when the child starts school everyone will surely think the mother is the grandmother. And what if she can not have a child. Even young women sometimes have problem conceiving. But wouldn't that be unfair to the husband to cut off his life-line like that???? Isn't that what "My Sweetheart, My Darling" was all about?

I'm so distracted with these thoughts that even though I am watching the show I know I am missing what's going on.

One last thing. Is his father's wife his mother? Is he missing his mother? Does he have and Oedipus's complex or something? Moreover, at 42 is she upset that she doesn't have a child and trying to find one in her mate?

Arrrgh! :crazy: I'm frustrated with my thinking pattern!

Guest emilyjx1692

I agree with you gerryg ....if my son brought home....sadly I think I would be very umm very shocked and against it--there I said it I just think the range is too long!

But I really like this series--the idiosyncracies and all..

imagine the dad praying for the daughter when it should be the mother, traditionally it is the mother who prays like that in the morning (episode 7)

Yes, I think his father's wife is his mother--I don't think it is an oedipus complex but maybe a sublimation thing going on as his mother seems a wee bit immature so he is picking an older and mature woman.

To me I think Shi-Hyang may be frustrated but also driven--she is a professional and I think she takes pride in that and that is her top priority.

Yes, I think his father's wife is his mother--I don't think it is an oedipus complex but maybe a sublimation thing going on as his mother seems a wee bit immature so he is picking an older and mature woman.

To me I think Shi-Hyang may be frustrated but also driven--she is a professional and I think she takes pride in that and that is her top priority.

i watch esp 2 - 3

i think there is also quite a significant age gap between his father and mother but it was his father who is so much older .so he kept trying to look young to fit his wife ..he simply adore her and so proud to have such a wife .yet..his mother was not thrilled with this daughter in law ..apparently ..she not very good at household chores .even cooking ...but ya i think she seem to be their real mother ..

I agree with you gerryg ....if my son brought home....sadly I think I would be very umm very shocked and against it--there I said it I just think the range is too long!

But I really like this series--the idiosyncracies and all..

imagine the dad praying for the daughter when it should be the mother, traditionally it is the mother who prays like that in the morning (episode 7)

i watch esp 2 - 3

i think there is also quite a significant age gap between his father and mother but it was his father who is so much older .so he kept trying to look young to fit his wife ..he simply adore her and so proud to have such a wife .yet..his mother was not thrilled with this daughter in law ..apparently ..she not very good at household chores .even cooking ...but ya i think she seem to be their real mother ..

Thank you emilyjx1692 and shirley for your support. Now, I don't feel like an ogre. As a matter of fact I stop watching the show because I thought it would be hypocritical of me to continue. The truth is, the storyline is good and the actors so far are doing a good a job. The Restaurant owner played a bad person in Stairway to Heaven and Beautiful Days. I expect her to turn bad when her precious daughter loses out to a prosecutor.... an older one at that!

So, the opera singer is not good with housework?! Is that why her mommy came to visit? She looks and acts like a precious princess. After seeing her friends I did not expect that her to be capable of maintaining a house. She's like the new fangled daughter-in-law (those who have and expect just as much privileges as the mother-in-law!) especially since she is still working even while pregnant (even I was shocked at that!). I guess her husband dotes over her just as much as his father dotes over his mother.

Anyway, I am going to put my mind to rest about the age thing and start watching this again.

Thanks!

아현동 tts where my grandparents and cousins and aunties live!! I spent hlaf my korean life there=Ptts awesome^^ i gonna watch this~

where are you guys downloading to watch this? i am unable to find a clubbox.

http://clubbox.co.kr/creidesca2/~a0bw

http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=136925 Direct Download Links

I am personally looking for LQ links and/or clubbox.

There is no real need for me to download high/medium quality of this series since it is not slated to be subbed; consequently, I delete each episode as soon as I finish watching it. So if anyone finds LQ please let me know.

Thanks

Guest emilyjx1692

I also found MQ files in clubbox.co.kr/hima (look under ㉵ ㉭ㅕ㉡ ㉢ㅗ ㉲ ㉡ㅣ㉤ ). So far nobody has uploaded any LQ files.

The storyline is getting more interesting. Its definitely certain that he is smitten with Shi-Hyeong but as Gerryg mentioned, the age range is a definite concern. However, although Shi-Hyeong is very professional--very mature workwise, she seems to be almost childish when she is dealing with her family so in that regard perhaps the age difference wouldn't matter?....ummm

Archived