[movie 2006] Birth Of A Family 가족의 탄생

Felicia Soh

Go Do-Shim, Uhm Tae-Woong, Moon So-Ri, Gong Hyo-Jin, Bong Tae-Kyu
A new movie "Birth of a Family" is due to be released sometime in May 2006, starring a high-power cast including Go Do-Shim, Uhm Tae-Woong, Moon So-Ri, Gong Hyo-Jin, Kim Hae-Ok, Bong Tae-Kyu and Jeong Yoo-Mi. Many thanks to my dear friend, Wendy known as Pucca.sg in Soompi for sharing the following news : 200602131703292400_1.jpg [Lee Hee-Jin, Good Day News] "Birth of a Family" – starring a high-power cast including Go Do-Shim, Moon So-Ri, Uhm Tae-Woong, Gong Hyo-Jin, Kim Hae-Ok, Bong Tae-Kyu, and Jeong Yoo-Mi – has finished filming on February 10th. At the gathering of actors and filming crew celebrating the crank-up of the film "Birth of a Family", lead actress Koh Doo-Shim – who, in the film, plays an older woman falling in love with a younger man – joked, "I'm more heartbroken over the parting with my lover Hyung-Chul (Uhm Tae-Woong) than with the filming", eliciting laughter from the audience. Uhm Tae-Woong, too – whose use of the word "Honey" to refer to his co-star during the entire length of the filming has drawn the glares from fellow actors and staff members – expressed similar regrets, revealing the true face of the lovey-dovey couple. Moon So-Ri, who's had to endure the couple's mushy show of affection throughout the filming, said "It's been lonely filming alongside the Moo-Shin (Koh) and Hyung-Chul (Uhm) couple, but I am very glad to have had the chance to work with such excellent actors". Kong Hyo-Jin, whose first appearance was in "Yeo-Koh-Kwe-Dam (High School Horror Story) 2" also directed by Kim Tae-Yong, congratulated the crank-up by expressing especial trust in the director. Bong Tae-Kyu and Jeong Yoo-Mi, too, stated "Though it wasn't for very long, everyone on the set worked like a family -- this has been an unforgettable experience". "Birth of a Family", director Kim Tae-Yong's new film in 6 years after "High School Horror Story 2", follows the love stories of various couples, depicting the various and unique happenings and complications surrounding their courtship and the birth of their families. Following editing work, the film will premiere in the Spring of 2006. *Credit to uhmforce cafe & 블루초콜렛 Last Shooting of "Birth of A Family Last shooting of movie "Birth of a Family", which had been the talk of the town due to casting such actors and actresses as Go Do Shim, Moon Sori, Uhm Tae Woong, Bong Tae Gyu and Gong Hyo Jin with remarkable acting skills was made on Feb.10. "Birth of a family" consists of sincere or extraordinary love stories of a few individual couples and peculiar foundation of a family. This movie has also become a subject of conversation because Uhm Tae Woong and Go Du Sim play a lover and a sweetheart 20 years older. They, who had kept a close relationship calling "darling" playfully each other, missed very much that the shooting was finished at last. Moon So Ri expressed that she had always felt lonely a little during shooting the movie looking at UTW and GDS ,a cordial couple itself (laugh)but she were proud of herself having worked together with excellent actors and actresses in this movie. Bong Tae Gyu who has lately made his appearance in many movies told that he would not forget this movie the cast and staffs of which had worked in a family-like atmosphere even though the perod of shooting was not long. Saying that it was very significant for her to appear herself in this movie directed by Kim Tae Yong in 6 years since his first commercial movie "The Scoop Story 2'nd of a girl high school" in which she had made a debut, Gong Hyo Jin who played a sweetheart of Ryu Seung Bum, her former boy friend seperated in real situation, congratulated director Kim on the end of shooting. "Birth of a Family", a unique love story to visualize wrangling between a lover and a sweetheart ,and different from other common love story, is slated for playing on the screen in coming spring after additional filming besides shooting is finished. This movie is expected to be released in May 2006 and I hope it'll turn out to be a HUGE SUCCESS! Posted on 14th February 2006 Credit goes to Bill at uhmsky

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

An Interview with Go Doo Shim

Go DuSim expressed her impression on the movie 'Birth of Family' like " I miss the end of shooting as it is the first time for me to perform face to face with a young man".She told it was a specific movie for her in consideration of her acting career and experiences.

"I had never involved in a melo drama before that movie. Therefore, I am not accustomed to playing a sweetheart 20 years older than the lover (the role of Uhm TaeWoong) in the movie. To act facing each other with young male actor was most difficult and it was also awkward in shooting" She,so-called a performance master told that it is hard to play the character of a melo drama unfamliar with her.

She told she felt regret for something about that movie. She could'nt cover all over the movie because three individual couples jointly take leading roles in three episodes of "the birth of family".But she said "anyway,it was a pleasure that I could work together with my excellent juniors like Uhm Tae-Woong, Moon So-Ri and Bong Tae-Gyu."

She wished she could continue to work for movies as well as TV dramas if she has any chance to do. She has made her appearance in movies "The Mermaid Princess" and "Mama" including "Birth of a Family"

She ended the interview saying " I wish the day when an amusing movie in a small way to make us ruminate over the meaning of our human life can draw more than ten millions of spectators would come soon, and that it would be " Birth of Family".

Credit to Bill at uhmsky

Guest dramalover

Hello Felicia....thanks chingu for starting this thread...Keep up the good work and hope to read more about the drama and more pictures of UTW and the rest of the casts...

Guest thesarahchong

I am so anticipating this movie.

Uhm Taewoong is such a wonderful actor, and I'm sure he won't disapoint me. The cast is definitely star-studded and talented. I absolutely can't wait. At first, I was a tad bit worried about such an age-gap between Go Dooshim and Uhm Taewoong (and still am), but I think that they won't fail to impress me.

(: I'm excited.

--- & I love Gong Hyojin and Bong Taegyu.

I am so anticipating this movie.

Uhm Taewoong is such a wonderful actor, and I'm sure he won't disapoint me. The cast is definitely star-studded and talented. I absolutely can't wait. At first, I was a tad bit worried about such an age-gap between Go Dooshim and Uhm Taewoong (and still am), but I think that they won't fail to impress me.

(: I'm excited.

--- & I love Gong Hyojin and Bong Taegyu.

Hello Smooglez! :)

Yeap! We will be able to watch the versatile, Uhm Tae Woong's acting skill as a young lover to Go Do-Shim. (like you am wondering how is he going to pull off in his new role) The thought of it really excite me! This movie may be different from the norm as they boasted few great casts to act alongside GDS and UTW and heard the storyline will not only concentrate on both of them.

Hope to see you around! :)

Hello Felicia....thanks chingu for starting this thread...Keep up the good work and hope to read more about the drama and more pictures of UTW and the rest of the casts...

Gumasuminda ssangung ee onni for dropping by at this thread:)

I shall try my best to fill this thread with all related news I can obtain for all to enjoy!

Hope you'll drop by here as often as you can...gomapta Dramalover! :)

Guest dramalover

Gumasuminda ssangung ee onni for dropping by at this thread:)

I shall try my best to fill this thread with all related news I can obtain for all to enjoy!

Hope you'll drop by here as often as you can...gomapta Dramalover! :)

Since UTW impressed me so much with his acting in Rebirth...I am looking forward for this movie and

I'm sure he will do his best not to dissapoint his followers...

Don't worry Felicia..you will do good in whatever you do...And I will be right here to support you like you did with me in my home base...Kamsahamnida...Terimah kasih chingu... :D

Since UTW impressed me so much with his acting in Rebirth...I am looking forward for this movie and

I'm sure he will do his best not to dissapoint his followers...

Don't worry Felicia..you will do good in whatever you do...And I will be right here to support you like you did with me in my home base...Kamsahamnida...Terimah kasih chingu... :D

Hello Dramalover, thanks for dropping by ...sorry, overlooked your posting! mian hamnida chingu!

Please bear with me while I source for more information on this upcoming movie.

Hope to be back soon with more updates! :rolleyes:

wow uhm taewoong is really getting popular

Hi Risque!

Uhm Tae Woong is currently one of the most-sought after actor after he won an award for his role in Resurrection/Rebirth. He also bagged another award for Best Couple with Han Ji Min in the same drama. He was superb in his dual role in Resurrection and now casted in an entirely different role in Wolf.

Stay tuned in this thread for more updates on this movie.... :)

Guest dramalover

Hi Risque!

Uhm Tae Woong is currently one of the most-sought after actor after he won an award for his role in Resurrection/Rebirth. He also bagged another award for Best Couple with Han Ji Min in the same drama. He was superb in his dual role in Resurrection and now casted in an entirely different role in Wolf.

Stay tuned in this thread for more updates on this movie.... :)

Wah....They were voted BEST COUPLE in k-drama....that's good ...for a job 23301181py.gif......1812041cb.gif...

Guest Pucca.sg

Hihi~^^

Some pictures from the photo shooting cum interview of the casts from the new movie "Birth of Family"

Happy viewing :)

1140754119_fam1.jpg

Credit: uhmsky cafe

Translated from 바다지기's posting in the 기사자료 room -- if you follow the link to the news article below, you can view the news clip, for which the transcript is provided below! ^^)

http://news.naver.com/news/read.php?mode=L...106&menu_id=106

At the Scene of the "Birth of a Family" Movie Poster Shooting

[YTN STAR 2006-02-24 20:28]

200602241829235456_b.jpg

[Anchor]

There's a movie that actors Moon So Ri, Koh Doo Shim, Uhm Tae Woong, Kong Hyo Jin, and Bong Tae Kyu have together as a family to give birth to -- "Birth of a Family". It is said to portray to the story of several different couples, who were like strangers at first, coming together into one family. It isn't an omnibus film like "Sad Movie", but a story even more complicated and entangled than that of "The Most Beautiful Week of My Life". Let's head over to the movie poster shooting scene, which is purportedly as mysterious as the film itself.

(View the news clip movie for details)

[Report]

Here is a picture of a family.

It isn't a "Quiet Family",

or a "Wanton Family",

or even an "Affectionate Family".

It's the birth of an entirely different kind of family.

[Kong Hyo Jin:]

"Hello, viewers of the YTN STAR News."

[Kim Hae-Ok:]

"We're shooting for the movie poster for "Birth of a Family"".

That's right. This is the scene of the film "Birth of a Family"'s movie poster shooter.

But, what's this? Uh-mook (fish cakes) and ddukbokki (spicy rice cakes) on an elegant silver platter?

Those invited to this odd feast are none other than Koh Doo Shim, Moon So Ri, Uhm Tae Woong, Bong Tae Kyu, and Kong Hyo Jin.

[uhm Tae Woong:]

"Why're you dressed so pretty today?"

[bong Tae Kyu:]

"This character's supposed to be pretty."

"I want to be pretty for once, too."

"I've never gone pretty before, you know."

Bong Tae Kyu, who was excited at the prospect, in the end goes into the shooting like this.

Moon So Ri tries to console him, but he's not too happy.

"I'm not going to take this. I've got my concept down."

I'm more amused by Moon So Ri...look at the way she is so sincerely and kindly consoling him!

Maybe because of that, he's now looking somewhat sharp in his own way...

It now looks as if the family members are all ready to take their picture.

[Photographer:]

"It's a concept that really draws your curiosity."

It needs no explanation. Do you see this, folks?

The couple that really draws your curiosity -- Koh Doo Shim and Uhm Tae Woong. Not a mother and son here, mind you. They're lovers.

And here's Uhm Tae Woong, looking affectionately at Koh Doo Shim, who's nestled in his arms.

[Koh Doo Shim:]

"It makes me nervous to be sitting on Tae Woong's laps."

The Bong Tae Kyu & Jung Yoo Mi couple.

And Kong Hyo Jin. Just how are all these people related?

Moon So Ri, who's been sitting here looking mighty elegant despite the photographer's instructions to "look awkward" --

Finally she pipes in.

[Moon So Ri:]

"Ow, my side's aching."

How is this family a family?

Uhm Tae Woong is Moon So Ri's younger brother, and Koh Doo Shim is Uhm Tae Woong's lover who's 20 years his senior...that much I can tell, but asides from that I don't know, either.

At any rate, the press release for the film only emphasizes that the characters, who all present their own love stories, in the end come together to form one family, and that the movie is a tale of "Long live love!"...

"Hello and greetings to the viewers of YTN STAR News. We're glad to get to see you. Please look forward to the opening of "Birth of a Family", coming in May, the month of the family. Thank you."

It looks like we'll have to wait until May to find out the susicious family ties of these people.

Credit to : 블루초콜렛 from un-official uhmforce cafe :)

Hihi~^^

Some pictures from the photo shooting cum interview of the casts from the new movie "Birth of Family"

Happy viewing :)

1140754119_fam1.jpg

Credit: uhmsky cafe

Translated from 바다지기's posting in the 기사자료 room -- if you follow the link to the news article below, you can view the news clip, for which the transcript is provided below! ^^)

http://news.naver.com/news/read.php?mode=L...106&menu_id=106

At the Scene of the "Birth of a Family" Movie Poster Shooting

[YTN STAR 2006-02-24 20:28]

200602241829235456_b.jpg

[Anchor]

There's a movie that actors Moon So Ri, Koh Doo Shim, Uhm Tae Woong, Kong Hyo Jin, and Bong Tae Kyu have together as a family to give birth to -- "Birth of a Family". It is said to portray to the story of several different couples, who were like strangers at first, coming together into one family. It isn't an omnibus film like "Sad Movie", but a story even more complicated and entangled than that of "The Most Beautiful Week of My Life". Let's head over to the movie poster shooting scene, which is purportedly as mysterious as the film itself.

(View the news clip movie for details)

[Report]

Here is a picture of a family.

It isn't a "Quiet Family",

or a "Wanton Family",

or even an "Affectionate Family".

It's the birth of an entirely different kind of family.

[Kong Hyo Jin:]

"Hello, viewers of the YTN STAR News."

[Kim Hae-Ok:]

"We're shooting for the movie poster for "Birth of a Family"".

That's right. This is the scene of the film "Birth of a Family"'s movie poster shooter.

But, what's this? Uh-mook (fish cakes) and ddukbokki (spicy rice cakes) on an elegant silver platter?

Those invited to this odd feast are none other than Koh Doo Shim, Moon So Ri, Uhm Tae Woong, Bong Tae Kyu, and Kong Hyo Jin.

[uhm Tae Woong:]

"Why're you dressed so pretty today?"

"This character's supposed to be pretty."

"I want to be pretty for once, too."

"I've never gone pretty before, you know."

Bong Tae Kyu, who was excited at the prospect, in the end goes into the shooting like this.

Moon So Ri tries to console him, but he's not too happy.

"I'm not going to take this. I've got my concept down."

I'm more amused by Moon So Ri...look at the way she is so sincerely and kindly consoling him!

Maybe because of that, he's now looking somewhat sharp in his own way...

It now looks as if the family members are all ready to take their picture.

[Photographer:]

"It's a concept that really draws your curiosity."

It needs no explanation. Do you see this, folks?

The couple that really draws your curiosity -- Koh Doo Shim and Uhm Tae Woong. Not a mother and son here, mind you. They're lovers.

And here's Uhm Tae Woong, looking affectionately at Koh Doo Shim, who's nestled in his arms.

"It makes me nervous to be sitting on Tae Woong's laps."

The Bong Tae Kyu & Jung Yoo Mi couple.

And Kong Hyo Jin. Just how are all these people related?

Moon So Ri, who's been sitting here looking mighty elegant despite the photographer's instructions to "look awkward" --

Finally she pipes in.

[Moon So Ri:]

"Ow, my side's aching."

How is this family a family?

Uhm Tae Woong is Moon So Ri's younger brother, and Koh Doo Shim is Uhm Tae Woong's lover who's 20 years his senior...that much I can tell, but asides from that I don't know, either.

At any rate, the press release for the film only emphasizes that the characters, who all present their own love stories, in the end come together to form one family, and that the movie is a tale of "Long live love!"...

"Hello and greetings to the viewers of YTN STAR News. We're glad to get to see you. Please look forward to the opening of "Birth of a Family", coming in May, the month of the family. Thank you."

It looks like we'll have to wait until May to find out the susicious family ties of these people.

Credit to : 블루초콜렛 from un-official uhmforce cafe :)

Hi Wendy!

Thanks for posting the above news in this thread! :D

By the above conversation, these actors are putting us in suspense....and simply can't wait to discover how this unique family life will develop and their respective relationships! It must be also thrilling to watch a new role by UTW.....OMO! a younger lover with an age gap of 20 years...mmph! just remind me of Demi Moore with Ashton and the beautiful part is that they end up married! :w00t:

Guest dramalover

Wow...just watching all those captures make this movie interesting...Will this be a May/December love

affair?

Thanks everyone for sharing all the captures and comments..Keep up the good work.. :D

Archived