So Ji Sub 소지섭 - Best Korean Actor & Rapper -

sojisubaddicted

Guest xiuhuan

Hey guys, how did you fall for SJS?
Would be great to know your story.

im regret to say that i fall for SJS while watching TMS :( but i've been watching his past dramas and really like him in Cain and Abel. MiSa's story is really sad! no doubt to say that his acting is really good! esp his emotion!

Guest nswawa89

sara62 said: I've written this a while ago and posted it on TMS thread. Anyhow, this is how I fell for him.
CREATOR OR CREATURETHIS IS THE QUESTION!
So Ji sub never was caught in my radar. He 's been always this hot pretty man but I never could see him. I just watched his MISA, loved it and forgot it. Then the master's sun came into my life. Strangely enough I found myself bewitched by him. By an actor whom I never found eye-catching. So what happened to me? It was his beautiful face? His manly body? His great acting ability? His portrayal of Joong won? Or Joong won himself? I didn't answer these questions while I was watching the drama. The one thing I was sure about was my deep feelings for Joong won. But I did feel a great deal for So Ji sub too. Then the drama was finished and I wondered what I needed to do with that love. Was I in love with the creator or the creature? So I decided to wait for a while. If I was in love with the creature, my love for the creator would die down eventually, I thought. This led me to want to know more about the creator aka So Ji sub. I read his interviews. Watched his music videos and listened to him rapping. I watched him kissing other actresses. I looked at his pics with bear and messy hair. Then I found myself totally in love with the creator. Yes, I was in love with him from the start. He was beautiful no matter the angle you would look at him. Pretty with bear, pretty clean cut. Pretty as a fashionista, pretty in simple cloths. That was when I realized how much I love him. Now no matter the role, no matter the actress, I'll fully support him. 

P.S. I'm from Iran.

Guys, our man will be back to Korea by November 22. He has an event on November 22. The home appliance company that he's the model for will hold the event. Lucky fans can shake hands with him and get his autograph. I'm dying of jealousy here.

@sara62, my 1st encounter w SJS was when I saw him in the Glass Slipper drama long ago. At that time, I just loved the story line of 2 long lost sisters journey to find each other n didn't really pay much attention to his character as he was a gangster n always got beaten or in a fight in that drama. But as the drama progress n as he have feelings for the female lead, I too began to notice him n their moments together where he was always there to protect the girl when in trouble. He was very young and I don't really find him attractive/very handsome that time but I liked his role. I didn't really follow his journey then but subconciously, I will read abt his news n watch his dramas. For WHIB, at first I watched it for JIS n HJW n again his character was always pitiful n broody ,his acting was good here as the male lead's rival for HJW, u can feel his pain n his love for yhe heroine...but all 3 died in the end, what a bummer though the drama is great. Then MISA came, he was cast as the male lead but I was laughing at his hair...why oh why?? His role here was so dramatic n full of sadness that I cried most of the times watching his pain as an illegitimate son n loving the girl who loves his step brother. This drama, I too fell for Jung Kyung ho, hahahah.... The ending...again he died after all those beatings, gun shot wounds, etc, sigh. That's when I began to associate him w pitiful characters n melo actor type, watching his dramas u will b depressed n cry though his performance was superb. He seldom takes on drama projects n chose the scripts n characters carefully before any projects, so he was quite active in ads n fashion shows. In 2012, he starred in Ghost as a cyber police investigating cyber conspiracy...gosh, first time I saw him clean n wearing nice suits wout getting bloody though he did get beaten n burnt but at least he's not poor n a gangster. I love detective dramas n enjoyed it so much watching him solve cases looking good all the time...awww, I really love him here. And when he decided to do rom-com this year, I was like....really, seriously?? The man who always acted in melos wanna try a funny genre, can he do that? Yup I was sceptical but when I saw who the actress he's gonna act with, I sigh w relief, GHJ is the best in rom-com n she can bring out whatever funny aspect he will lack. I was so excited n anticipated so much abt this drama. Then ep.1 began....my oh my....SJS as a chaebol n hv a sarcastic attitude? I. Love. It! Even he himself can't believe that he can be funny n enjoyed the filming so much n hv good chemistry w GHJ. This drama sealed my belief that SJS can do funny if he gets the right crews n casts, just like he did in IC. I fell in love again w him after a long time being sad n cried w him thru his other dramas. I didn't watch Road No.1 n C&A, only fractions of the whole episodes. I watched A Company Man, Rough Cut (coz my KJH was in too) but Always only some parts. That's my journey of knowing n loving SJS. Sorry for the long post. :)

Guest dongwookie

Hey guys, how did you fall for SJS?
Would be great to know your story.

As a new fan, I started really looking at him during Episode 7 of TMS. Before that, SJS was just some hallyu star I would vaguely hear about from time to time, but never did catch my fancy.

When watching a drama, i think it's only natural to see the character rather than the actor playing such character (the creature vs the creator as @sara62 so aptly described). I was blissfully lapping up every bit of cute and richard simmons-but-cute Joo Jung Won threw at us from Episode 7 onwards. But then, I happen to watch the BTS, and from there did a little research on the man, and upon reading how he is an introvert, I just couldn't believe it. I guess that's the last thing I expected to discover about such a hot guy as him.

Funny enough, that didn't turn me off. In fact it fueled my interest in him. I guess I find it really cool how after every project, whether a hit or not, he would drop out of the circulation and just hibernate somewhere. There's something very appealing about a guy who is not an attention junkie, one who can face the limelight if he needs to, but who can leave everything, without so much as a blink of an eye, even at the risk of frustrating his fans and all. I admire the way he doesn't seem to care about getting as much exposure from whatever project he's doing, and just do what is expected of him and then drop out from everyone's radar. It certainly increases the mystery surrounding him. And the best part is, he's not doing all this to impress anyone, he is inherently like this. The quiet guy who loves to be alone with his dogs and cats, but who gets to be bigger than life because, well, he's just too hot and talented to be hidden at home, he needs to be shown not only all over Korea, but the world.;D

dongwookie said:

There's something very appealing about a guy who is not an attention junkie, one who can face the limelight if he needs to, but who can leave everything, without so much as a blink of an eye, even at the risk of frustrating his fans and all. I admire the way he doesn't seem to care about getting as much exposure from whatever project he's doing, and just do what is expected of him and then drop out from everyone's radar. It certainly increases the mystery surrounding him. And the best part is, he's not doing all this to impress anyone, he is inherently like this.

Vote for  Master Sun
 (www.koreandrama.org)
Vote for  Master Sun
 (www.koreandrama.org)

Vote for  Master Sun
 (www.koreandrama.org)

Vote for  Master Sun (www.koreandrama.org)

WHY I LOVE SO JI SUB.

This year 2013 i would say where i discover gems in k-dramaland. TMS happened, SJS in rom-com happened and me fell hard for him happened. As i grow old and able to think with rational mind and not a teen girl with raging hormones and over biased mind, i just want to say that i admire SJS so much.

So Ji Sub is really one of a kind actor. I really like his reclusive personality and yet he is this one sweet well-mannered gentleman that is just genuinely kind. He gives me the unpretentious vibe and to think that it is coming from someone who works in the manipulative showbiz industry, i find it really rare. I respect his always hard-working trait and all his works where he puts so much efforts to each and every character he ever played.

He is the one actor whom you can't help but loving deeply. So much feels for him i can't described it in words. He's so special that you can't compare him to anybody. K-entertainment is always about looks but i fell hard for his personality that even I'm amazed at this thought tho i love his gorgeous face and body and voice so much too. It's about his genuine kindness, humbleness, loyalty and honest answers that differ himself from other actors and people.
He is the perfect example of a good guy. And a good guy So Ji Sub is.

Fame can give you everything you want. It can give you protection, answers, reasons but it can consume you as well to the point only your name left in this world. So Ji Sub treats fame differently. The fame comes with the job but he doesn't let it consume him. His constant great performances proving that having fame on one side doesn't change the initial responsibility of his job as an actor.  He's just different. He's the one and only So Ji Sub. A versatile actor that is needed by his time. So God bless your heart and life, So Ji Sub! :x

euleuh said: WHY I LOVE SO JI SUB.

This year 2013 i would say where i discover gems in k-dramaland. TMS happened, SJS in rom-com happened and me fell hard for him happened. As i grow old and able to think with rational mind and not a teen girl with raging hormones and over biased mind, i just want to say that i admire SJS so much.

@sara62
That's true because SJS has much much more to give in terms of talents besides his gorgeous look. That explains his guerilla date in 2012 where people only remember him in MISA which was 8 years ago. Even the MC said he seemed didn't have any work for 8 years. During that 8 years, flower boys (and fangirls) rule the k-ent and SJS took roles that didn't emphasize on his good look much (he can be one if he wanted to of course). But i prefer him this way tho. I love the gorgeous SJS but i love him even more with his personality and choices he made. I knew him thru WHIB when i was in junior high school but i was more of Jo Insung than SJS back then. I did regret about forgetting him all this time during those fangirling idols years. But i'm glad he's back now with a bang thru TMS. People can appreciate and remember him more now because SJS the actor is always there giving his best and he totally deserves all the appreciation and love from all the people.