So Ji Sub 소지섭 - Best Korean Actor & Rapper -

sojisubaddicted

i love this smile especially =P

yes...will never forget this scary moohyuk in misa^^

i love the part where he undisguise himself in front of minjoo...

i find it so COOL! :D

Thousand Years Of Love

00382976_2.jpg

00382974_2.jpg

00382973_2.jpg

00324969_2.jpg

00324968_2.jpg

00324967_2.jpg

00324966_2.jpg

00324960_2.jpg

00324957_2.jpg

credit:yahoo

Hi rmc^^

great to see you too =P

you have post so many caps and pic tonight^^

Figaro Girl

Yep, unloading a lot of stuff from the other SJS forum, Hotelier2002.. so that our thread here will feel like home in no time! Thanks for sharing those yummy Figaro pics! :D

some postings about the Japanese Photographer Mr. Takuma who took Jisub's pics for his GIFTS Fotoalbum

Thunder wrote:

2005/5/19 hankooKi.com news

Kim Rae Won’s Smile, Better than that of Japan Citizens’ Star...

Japanese Photographer Praises Him for His Expressions...

It is said that young star Kim Rae Won is highly praised by the best Japanese photographer who named him the ‘smiling young man’, ‘polite young man’. His MBC drama series ‘Attic Cat’ is now on air at Japan NTV, and his movie ‘My Little Bride’ will soon be shown in cinemas in Japan. While he is creating a big ‘hallyu’ in Japan at present, his debut photo book will be released in Japan in late July or early August. Last month, the ‘hallyu maker’, Kim Rae Won, showed his charisma to the photographer who is responsible for the photo shoot of his photo book.

The photographer working for this photo book is very famous in Japan... Last month, while he was taking photos of Kim Rae Won at the sea side a distance of 2 hours drive from Tokyo, he couldn’t help but sigh continuously.

He kept on praising Kim Rae Won... Especially he wrote an article on the internet, published on May 19, in which he says Kim Rae Won has the best personality among the stars that he has ever collaborated with.

To describe his smiles, he says,

“If I were a girl, I’d fall in love with him instantly.

He has smiles like the sun.”

He recalls, “From the instant he arrived at the shooting site up

till he went back to the hotel,

every looks of Kim Rae Won are the same as looks from the movies.”

The crew working with Kim Rae Won also reveals,

“When we’re taking photos, the sea side had a mood so suitable for fishing. With the sea reflecting the beautiful sunshine, he showed his multi-faceted charisma very naturally. Fans who have read the photographer’s diary on the net are all very touched.”

조재원 기자 miin@sportshankook.co.kr

http://sports.hankooki.com/lpage/entv/2005...22153658390.htm

Also, our Priscilla posted something similar a while back:

Priscilla wrote:

At Younsosa's Cafe, someone posted an article in Japanese saying that the photographer made photo-albums of BOTH SJS and Kim Rae Won. This is how he described both of them:

Kim Rae Won's bright like the Sun.

So Ji Sub's mysteriously quiet like the Moon.

And I remember the manager mentioned before that sometimes, she didn't like how they were doing the make up on him, or the clothes he had to wear, etc... so she wanted to say something, but he insisted on just going along without complaining. He told her: I may be famous in Korea, but I'm just a newbie here. So let's not say anything.

I also remember reading articles where he was picked by Japanese reporters as their favorite K-star... (most polite)...

Seeing Jisub in the DVD (Jisub's Showcase) and also at the Baeksang Awards, he really doesn't smile very broadly. He is indeed extremely quiet, but when he smiles, it's from his heart, just like what boola said. And Ju is right too... Jisub does indeed give the impression that he is somewhat of a loner... I don't really know how to describe Jisub but there's something about him that makes my heart skip three beats! He is very, very special indeed.

-by Thunder of Hotelier2002

Prisci also wrote:

This photographer had written on May 3rd to SJS's fans, a bit overwhelmed by the MANY thank you letters he was getting from his fans. Of course he wrote in Japanese. Someone translated that into Korea, and posted this at the Cafe, and me... yah, I rushed in and translated that into English. But before posting it, I found At Youngsosa Cafe, someone else had translated a longer and I thought 'better?' version. So I put this aside, knowing that BAEKSANG AWARDS should be priority, so I was going to wait till after the awards. Really, I'm so tired I haven't looked into this yet. But reading the above news about Kim Rae Won made me want to share this sooner. So I'll share with you guys here the first extract, and I'll post the longer version later at Soompi.

written by Takuma Kunihiro, photographer of SJS's Photo-album THE GIFT

May 3rd, 2005

Since this is the holiday season, I will leave a little note.

We took the first cuts of Mr. Jisub inside a Cruise.

His first photograph session in Japan was going to be during the chilling winter, so I felt sorry for him.

The sky was bright and clear, but it was really cold.

If you’ve watched the Video Clips, you must have seen me…

I was the only one wearing as if I was ready to go to Mount Everest… I can’t stand cold weather. ^-^

Before starting, I told Mr. Jisub: “I’m sorry!! For being the only one wearing warm clothes..!!

Since I thought the only way I could help Mr. Jisub (he was wearing Spring clothes) was by taking the shots as fast as possible, the photos we took in the waters were done at speed light.

Right after saying, [Good, OK!!] I worked so fast the Korean staff were surprised.

The pictures taken at the Cruise was like a warming up for us.

The time I felt I was finally working with him (Jisub) was when he was wearing black shirt, black pants, and white jacket on top at the studio.

Among them, do you remember the shot I took of him showing his left profile, with a light beam falling over him while he stood by a white hallway?

He was looking silently at us (at me).

When I took that shot, I felt for the first time that “I have met So Ji Sub!” through the lenses.

Over the other side of the lenses, I saw him gazing my way. The moment I saw his eyes, I felt such a shock as if an electric current was running from the top of my head to the bottom of my toes.

As I kept on pressing the shutter, I kept thinking in my heart [Amazing! How come he has such eyes? I wonder what kind of life he has led (how he's lived) until now? Why does he have such gentle and yet lonely gaze?

After this set of shots was over, he left in order to change his outfit for the next set. I told my assistant who was preparing the next set of shots [Look at me. I feel that after all these years, I’m the happiest man ever!!]

My assistant said: “What’s going on? Did you win the Lotto?”

translated by Priscilla

hello luckycarrie :D

dear rmc: how many left for you to post? from my part, i have more photos then articles !

so i still have lots of phots to post in between your long posts!

sjs163wb.jpg

sjs543fq.jpg

(credit: thunder at hotelier2002)

Peg dear, i think i still have about 10 more pages to go thru! There were a lot of good stuff to repost ;)

thanks again chingu for helping me out...

from Prisci:

I finished translating the entire letter to SJS's fans written by the photographer. This is the same photographer that described Kim Rae Won as "Bright like the Sun" and So Ji Sub as "Mysteriously Quiet like the Moon."

As for myself, let me just post my own 'finished' translation. Hope you enjoy this!

His encounter with So Ji Sub

written by Takuma Kunihiro, photographer of SJS's Photo-album THE GIFT

Posted & Translated into Korea @SJS¡¯s Café by Miyuki

Translated into English (from Korean) by Priscilla

May 3rd, 2005

Since this is the holiday season, I will leave a little note.

We took the first cuts of Mr. Jisub¡¯s Photo-album inside a Cruise.

His first photograph session in Japan was going to be during the chilling winter, so I felt sorry for him.

The sky was bright and clear, but it was really cold.

If you¡¯ve watched the Video Clips, you must have seen me¡¦

I was the only one wearing as if I was ready to go to Mount Everest¡¦ I can¡¯t stand cold weather. ^-^

Before starting, I told Mr. Jisub: ¡°I¡¯m sorry!! For being the only one wearing warm clothes..!!

Since I thought the only way I could help Mr. Jisub (he was wearing Spring clothes) was by taking the shots as fast as possible, the photos we took in the waters were done at speed light.

Right after saying, [Good, OK!!] I worked so fast the Korean staff were surprised.

The pictures taken at the Cruise was like a warming up for us.

The time I felt I was finally working with him (Jisub) was when he was wearing black shirt, black pants, and white jacket on top at the studio.

Among them, do you remember the shot I took of him showing his left profile, with a light beam falling over him while he stood by a white hallway?

He was looking silently at us (at me).

When I took that shot, I felt for the first time that ¡°I have met So Ji Sub!¡±

Over the other side of the lenses, I saw him gazing my way. The moment I saw his eyes, I felt such a shock as if an electric current was running from the top of my head to the bottom of my toes.

As I kept on pressing the shutter, I kept thinking in my heart [Amazing! How come he has such eyes? I wonder what kind of life he has led (how he's lived) until now? Why does he have such gentle and yet lonely gaze?

After this set of shots was over, he left in order to change his outfit for the next set. I told my assistant who was preparing the next set of shots [Look at me. I feel that after all these years, I¡¯m the happiest man ever!!]

My assistant said: ¡°What¡¯s going on? Did you win the Lotto?¡±

¡°Silly you!! Why?... yo.. that¡¯s not it! I¡¯ve been a camera man all these years, and I¡¯ve been looking through the lenses, and I¡¯m amazed!! What, what do I feel? As if the goddess of photography has filled this place!!

There are really not many chances to take shots of someone so charming!

Working like this¡¦ I¡¯d be willing to make many photo-albums, working all week!! I¡¯m really happy today!!¡±

I remember telling my assistant things like these¡¦ After I finished talking with so much emotion, my assistant asked: ¡°Are we having lunch after the next shots?¡±

For lunch this day, they had set my food on top of the table while my assistant and the Japanese staff started eating in the backyard for the weather was nice.

¡°What? Everyone¡¯s eating out there?¡± I¡¯ll join them~~ and I stood up.

Mr. Jisub sat in front of me. ¡°Let¡¯s eat together!!¡± he gestured in Korean and I responded ¡°OK¡± and I sat down.

He said, ¡°Bon Apettite¡± in Japanese, and asked me to enjoy the meal.

I was really glad, but the two of us, we were the only ones in the table. Not the Korean staff, not even the translator was there. Why~~~????

All I could speak was the word ¡°Thank You.¡±¡¦ This was it¡¦ ¡°Still, I should say something¡¦ What should I do¡¦¡± I thought like this. He has already started eating and I said: ¡°Thank You.¡±

When I said that¡¦ he was startled and he put down the chopstick and touched his hands together saying ¡°Thank You.¡±

Until the translator comes ¡°I can¡¯t say anything else. Someone help me!!¡± I thought to myself. I was confused, you know, ke kee!

So all I did was to smile at him and watched him¡¦

When I¡¯m not shooting photos, I¡¯m rea~~lly a nice guy, so don¡¯t worry.

I¡¯m just a Japanese monkey wearing a red Jacket¡¦

dear chingu:

no problem, if my photos run out, i will post articles instead!

photo caps from WHIB

in BALI

2004_0104.jpg

handing his jacket to SJ

2004_01041.jpg

reassigned in Seoul

2004_01042.jpg

(credit:rmc at hotelier2002)

anasa0420 wrote in the old SJS soompi thread:

There have been newspaper articles about the drama as well as the actors/actresses almost everyday

Some taiwanese journalists flew all the way to korea and got to interview SJS; however, the interview didn't go that smoothly cuz SJS's agent was sort of trying to "protect" SJS and didn't let the journalists ask too many questions (that's what's written in the newspaper, i didn't make that up ) . So questions related to SJS's private life and his days at the Mapo office were not allowed; all the questions should be focused on Misa. The interview was delayed for like 40 minutes owing to some problems, and there was even tension going on between the agency and the press.

One of the journalists wrote that SJS looked kinda "embarrassed" and "innocent" while he was sitting at the front waiting (maybe he was on a stage or something), watching his agent trying to negotiate with the press. 40 minutes had passed and finally the interview could start, but all in a sudden SJS said to everyone, "Oh so the interview really is going to begin now?! I was thinking if there were another delay, i would just walk out of the room...", and then the next thing he said was "I WAS JUST JOKING!!", giving everyone at the scene a BIG SMILE at the same time.

So the interview finally got started. One of the reporters told SJS that he spoke very good chinese in the first episode. SJS was surprised and flattered, saying that he was relieved to know he did it okay. He tried to say the line ("i am chinese") again, and even showed everyone "i'm sorry i love you" in chinese, which he just learned during the interview. His nice and easy-to-get-along-with attitude impressed the press. He also talked about all the kissing scenes in Misa, saying that he especially enjoyed the sweet kisses he had with Eunchae.

Misa had brought SJS fame and many opportunities, but he was enlisted in February this year. Someone asked if he'd ever feel worried about his career, he admitted that "it would be lying to say that i don't worry, but i am a soldier now, and i'll be responsible and focused on what i should be doing at the moment."

In Misa there were scenes where SJS needed to reveal his body. Asking how he felt about that, he told the reporters that he never had thought he had a good body, not even to say being an attractive man. He said that there were too many GOOD-LOOKING guys around him, like his friend SSH; the only thing that he felt satisfied with would be his face, "i think i look decent", he said.

SJS also mentioned that he would like to collaborate with LSJ in the future. Also, he said "hi" to fans in taiwan, promising that he would come visit after he finishes his service.

credit to http://udn.com/

reposted by boola @ Hotelier

Yep, unloading a lot of stuff from the other SJS forum, Hotelier2002.. so that our thread here will feel like home in no time! Thanks for sharing those yummy Figaro pics! :D

haha...this thread is undergoing a serious rapid construction^^

i miss the old thread, however the re-construction allow us to look at the past post again =P

http://img93.echo.cx/img93/2599/sjs543fq.jpg

(credit: thunder at hotelier2002)

thanks peggie, ji sub looks so cute up there =P

[[Manager]] Are you all doing well? ^*^]]

Written by JJEMT on 5-14-2005

From SJS' Cafe, JS Office Section

Um…it’s been a while since I’ve gotten the chance to rest on a Saturday afternoon, but here I am with my cup of coffee. Since I’ve got some spare time I’m leaving some writing at Young Sosa.

It’s been exactly 1 year since I became the actor SOJISUB’s manager.

Already 1 year of time has passed by.

Last year April 17th was when I was first offered this position…I thought and thought about it.

First day was during the first week of May, a Monday I think…and the first time I saw JS.

Of course I had seen him before but I didn’t know him at all.

The first time I saw JS…

When I think back to that day and up until now it’s a miracle that I survived as his manager.

When I first saw him in the office I saw him as a really big guy…

Bali just finished and he was a little chubbier at that time…

His hairstyle was that of Choi MinShik in ‘Old Boy’ (Korean movie)(Bushy hairstyle k…k…)

Anyways I did not have a good first impression…

So that month of May I kept asking myself what am I doing here…

and I was regretting it as well…kkk

JS doesn’t know but there was a time for over 2 months when I didn’t want to be his manger.

Normally actors have a couple of managers through their agencies…

so I would probably end up being put in charge…although I said I wouldn’t be JS’s manager…

Instead I was hoping to just help out all around, work together with the other managers, but not be solely in charge.

But as time went along and JS was in talks for MISA somehow I ended up being put in charge.

Around that time JS and I had gotten to know each other better so I guess that’s how it started.

KKK…if I think about it now I see it as a miracle ^^

So after that MISA started…

From last year September until December and up until MISA ended different thoughts ran through my head…

“It’s really hard…”

The new year passed and it was January.

Up until we left Japan our situation was pretty hectic…

At that time I thought again about how hard it was. And we left for Japan…

My body was not in it’s best condition, and different things kept popping up…

JS was also not at his best…but it’s not like he could do things half heartedly…

So at that time I thought again “This time it’s really~~~difficult.”

But…

After it has all passed…

Those times were really great…

Of course it was hard and my body was tired and there some upsetting events, situations where we had to be very careful…

With it all and after it all was said and done it was very enjoyable…remembering all the work we had done.

As I remember the things I was thinking at those times it just brings on more thoughts…

“Ah…it’s hard…but…after it’s passed I’m going to miss those times…”

Maybe after 2 years I’m sure I’m going to be saying these things…

“Time is passing by…already 2 years have passed…”

JS is doing well these days. He is doing so~~~~well that he is gaining enough weight to have to go on a diet ^^

Kkk…I'm concerned with this weight gain…~so I’ve been giving him a hard time every time I see him.

“Oh my…Oh my…what’s going on?? Look at all the weight you’ve gained~~”

Everyone~really…he needs to go on a diet (even if the stones are flying ((towards me)) he needs it! ~~k)

I didn’t really expect to see what the Young Sosa family is going through for the BaekSang Awards.

I mean…the paying to vote issue… I don’t know what to say to this.

This is what JS has said…

JS: “Can’t we tell them not to vote?”

M: “Why?”

JS: “It’s charged voting…it’s not like I can give them the money…it’s 30 Won (30 cents)…if they vote 10 times it’s 3000 Won (around $3.00)

M: “Um…so you want me to tell them not to vote…?? You don’t know if you’ll get the award.”

JS: “I’d rather not accept it…I feel very sorry (to the fans)…(at this point he sounded a bit angry)

M: “If you get it I’m sure all of the fans will be very happy.”

JS: (an expression of dissatisfaction)

What JS has said is correct…

It’s pay per vote…I don’t know what to say.

At the “let’s talk” room there is a lot of talk about the voting…

I’m so thankful…and grateful…

But please don’t be too unreasonable.

Even if he doesn’t get it we know that many people will know that he is worthy of receiving it. (Uh~~or maybe it’s just our own thoughts?)

So I’m saying please don’t be unreasonable in your voting…

And…

Many of you were wondering if he’ll be attending the event…

There hasn’t been a final decision.

They say he can go but we should still be cautious in our approach to this.

And the second round of photo album delivery will be on May 23rd.

And one more…

“MISA” will start airing in Taiwan on May 23rd…it’s during the primetime starting at 9 pm. So now a line has started forming for those requesting interviews from Taiwan ^^ (kk Even though we say we can’t I’m just playing hard to get…truthfully we are allowed to…)

Finally JS went to the hospital. Many of you are probably curious of the results?

Sorry for the late update. He is fine. We did not go for any major problems. Luckily because he exercises and has a healthy basis he has healed and is very healthy. (Although he still needs to diet ^^)

So I will be back to share more news and stories…

Lately this is how it’s been…this is what JS is thinking…etc.

There may be a few random and strange things that I will be sharing but JS has a lot of popularity so I’m not too worried (about his image? **ahssah's thoughts)

If you’re a JS fan you probably already know his personality…

And even if you hear these things you won’t be shaken…

Lately the weather has been great…

Today I was near Kyeong Buk Palace area…

There were a lot of people out for picnics…

I want to go on a spring picnic too~~

p.s. if we all work together to be considerate to others we’ll have an even happier Young Sosa ^*^

translated by ahssah79

[[so Ji Sub]] STAR STORY 3: written by So Ji Sub

[3] ¡°Good Good (Joa Joa)¡± vs ¡°3 Men 3 Women¡± (September? 2000)

From Youngsosa Cafe, News Section Article 119, posted by ¡°Kyu-in Love¡± on February 23rd, 2003

Sense of unity among the members of SBS ¡®Good Good,¡¯ script competition with Oh-Joong hyung and NG making.

The current SBS TV Sunday morning drama <Good Good> is my favorite among all the works I¡¯ve done until now.

The ratings may be flat but there is a great sense of unity among all the members. Each filming moment is very fun and the staff is really nice. This is a special drama where all the members enjoy each other regardless of the viewer¡¯s ratings. On top of that, people are saying that through this drama, my acting has improved a lot. However, this drama will be cut short, ending it earlier than expected, by next month.

My character ¡®Park Jisub¡¯ is a seemingly nice guy who is constantly losing to a seemingly bad guy, and feeling unjustly mortified. The seemingly bad guy is (Kwon) Oh-Joong hyung, and in every situation he comes out as my rival ending with happenings that provokes everyone to roll on the floor. The two of us are competing for the funniest moments. This is why the NG cuts shown through the internet are even funnier than the actual drama.

Many of our NGs happened because we the members were unable to control our laughter, and I am the one that breaks the record. Once I start laughing, I just cannot stop. However, acting like this, I was able to relax. Before, thinking of keeping the ¡®style¡¯ I had to put force in my eyes and in my shoulders, but I can definitely feel them softening up now. I was able to change like this, in many ways, thanks to Oh-Joong hyung¡¯s help.

When I was first cast for this role, the production staff received lots of criticism. The image of the calculative law student I portrayed in ¡°Wangloong¡¯s Land¡± was too strong in their minds. Even Oh-Joong hyung told me he felt like that. But once I started working with Oh-Joong hyung, my image started ¡®breaking apart.¡¯ Oh-Joong hyung coached me how to act in a relax and fun way. He is one sunbae (older colleague) who helped me discover a new layer in me.

Learning to comic act through Dong Hyup hyung at MBC ¡°3 Men 3 Women¡±

¡°Fruit Store guy Kim Chul-Soo.¡±

The character that made people start noticing me was that of Kim Chul-Soo from MBC TV Sitcom <3 Men 3 Women>. He was a nice guy who desperately went after his love, Lee Eu Jung noo-nah.

At first, I was just a guest member acting as Lee Eu-Jung noo-nah¡¯s old High School class mate. However, since (Song) Seung Hun hyung left, I was asked to replace him. I told them I wouldn¡¯t. This was a time when <3 Men 3 Women> was really popular so I feared people may blame me if ratings dropped. As a matter of fact, I didn¡¯t like the title of ¡®replacement.¡¯

Nevertheless, it was through this I was able to work with the genius of comic acting (Shin) Dong-Hyup hung, and in the end, I gained popularity too. Fortunately, the rating didn¡¯t drop either. The way Eu-Jung noonah kept calling me ¡°Chul-Soo!!", the way I tried to court Eu-Jung noo-nah, so perseveringly and sincerely, these things made viewers symphathize with me.

If I¡¯m currently learning acting through (Kwon) Oh-Joong hyung at SBS TV <Good Good>, back then I couldn¡¯t stop admiring Dong-Hyup hyung whenever I watched him act. His acting was so natural I could almost believe he wasn¡¯t acting. On the other hand, back then I was so nervous that my comic acting wasn¡¯t funny at all. Although in the end, that ¡®tensed¡¯ acting of mine made the viewers laugh.

The comic acting I learned by observing Dong-Hyup hyung blossomed in last winter¡¯s SBS TV <Love Story> ¡°Miss Hip Hop & Mr. Rock.¡± I played the character of a troublemaker guy with a Samurai style of hair that is pulled all the way to the back and wearing big accessories all over his body. I was personally proud of doing that.

*Translated by Priscilla