So Ji Sub 소지섭 - Best Korean Actor & Rapper -

sojisubaddicted

So Ji Sub Describes Working With Child Actors In “Terius Behind Me”

631059c55f4c4b55b09c4e3f225eeb79.jpeg?s=

So Ji Sub talked about his latest drama “Terius Behind Me” and his thoughts on acting.

The actor graced the cover of @star1 magazine’s January 2019 issue and participated in an accompanying interview.

So Ji Sub began, “It was my first time filming a drama in a while, so I was really nervous before the first episode. I’m so thankful for lots of your love.”

About his character Kim Bon who unintentionally became a babysitter, he said, “I made an effort so that his struggles while taking care of the kids wouldn’t look awkward. I thought that it was important to show former-NIS agent and current-babysitter Kim Bon’s humanistic charms.”

On his lovely chemistry with the child actors, So Ji Sub said “There were two kids, so there were many things I had to pay attention to. The kids were always hanging on me, so it was physically difficult, but I was happy. In order to get close with the kids, I always kept gummy candies in my pocket.”

So Ji Sub also revealed some of his concerns as an actor of 22 years. “Instead of being an actor who stands out alone in a project, I want to become someone who matches well,” said the actor. “I hope that the project will be a success so that the efforts of the people who made the project won’t go to waste.”

So-Ji-Sub1.jpg

“Terius Behind Me” came to an end on November 15 and recorded a personal best in viewership ratings the night before its final episode.

Source (1) / soompi news

• Like 2

bristled finesse

201812180740176710_16555076126607022549.

Haaaaawt. So Ji Sub is scruffy sexy for Star1 magazine. His recent drama, Terius Behind Me, notched decent ratings and received mostly positive reviews so I’m glad for him. He has had a pretty good year, with his melo tearjerker with Son Ye Jin, Be With You, being a box office hit.

20181218091107_008119556677743679806.jpg

source : https://breathlesssurvival.wordpress.com/2018/12/18/bristled-finesse/

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

He won the Daesang for best actor.

Winners of MBC Drama Awards 2018

Terius Behind Me won:

Best Supporting Actor (Kang Ki Young)

Best Scriptwriter Award

Excellence Award (Jung In Sun)

Male High Excellence Award (So Ji Sub)

Daesang Award (So Ji Sub)

DvrNM96UcAEGfYa?format=jpg&name=900x900

DvrTvIaU0AAAeiM?format=jpg&name=900x900

DvrMNkWW0AITpji?format=jpg&name=medium

https://twitter.com/KdramaAddict14/status/1079403183976341507?s=20

DvrLDqNV4AEQwzj?format=jpg&name=900x900

He's soooo beautiful....

DvqrQs7VAAEvM8L?format=jpg&name=small

So Ji-sub wins top prize at MBC Drama Awards

By Yoon Min-sik

Published : Dec 31, 2018 - 17:23 
Updated : Dec 31, 2018 - 17:23

Once considered just another pretty face, So Ji-sub has effectively solidified his position as one of the top actors on the small screen, notching his first top acting award from one of the three network television broadcasters in Korea.

So won the grand prize at the annual MBC Drama Awards held Sunday at the MBC Media Center in Sangam-dong, western Seoul. The honor was for his performance in the MBC drama “My Secret Terrius,” which aired between Sept. 27 and Nov. 15 and peaked with a 10.5 percent viewership share.

restmb_idxmake.php?idx=60&simg=%2Fcontent%2Fimage%2F2018%2F12%2F31%2F20181231000518_0.jpg

So Ji-sub greets child actor Kim Gun-woo at the MBC Drama Awards held at MBC Media Center in western Seoul on Sunday. (Yonhap)

In the drama, So played a former secret agent who accidentally becomes a babysitter for the twins across the street.

The 41-year-old actor spent well-over a minute thanking his colleagues, from the production staff, the actors, the director and the employees at his agency. He even took time to do the “nose kiss” with fellow actor Kang Ki-young, which he had pledged to do if he won the prestigious award.

It marked a contrast to his usual routine, as he is known as a man of few words when accepting awards. This includes the famous “Thank you” acceptance speech at the 2012 SBS Drama Awards, during which he came up and just uttered the two words before stepping down.

The actor also took home the best male acting award, while his drama won six trophies including best viewer-picked drama of the year. 

So was met with skepticism when he began his acting career in 1996 -- having debuted as a jeans model with no prior training in acting -- but his acting career improved by leaps and bounds. 

His major breakthrough came when starring in the massively-popular 2004 KBS drama “I’m Sorry, I Love You,” when he won a number of acting awards including the most popular actor award at the 40th Baeksang Arts Awards.

Despite a number of hits and accolades under his belt, the top prize has always evaded So, as his acting prowess was rarely considered to be among the best.

Entertainment awards mired in controversy

The year-end entertainment awards for the big three TV channels also took place last week, with some winners embroiled in controversy.

Veteran comedian Lee Young-ja proved to be the biggest winner in the non-acting portion of the TV awards, winning the top prize at KBS and MBC. She was the first female grand prize winner in the history of the KBS entertainment awards show. Singer, actor and TV host Lee Seung-gi won the top award at SBS.

But controversy broke out when celebrity chef Baek Jong-won, who currently hosts three food-related shows with his name in the title at SBS, was snubbed by the broadcaster. He went home without a trophy, despite being considered to be a front-runner for the top award.

Similar controversy occurred with Lee Young-ja’s win at MBC, as she edged out popular comedian Park Na-rae.

Some disgruntled fans even took to the presidential office, with multiple petitions filed at the Cheong Wa Dae’s homepage. Cheong Wa Dae is mandated to officially answer any petition with over 200,000 signatures, although this appears unlikely as the most popular petition on this subject -- one calling for a state audit on Lee Seung-gi’s agency -- only got 180 supporters as of Monday morning.

Amid the petitions calling for the state to intervene in the TV award show, some people have even petitioned against such petitions, or to punish those demanding that the state use its authority to give prizes to their favorite stars.
  • Like 1

On 12/30/2018 at 9:06 AM, killarhee said:

He's soooo beautiful....

Happy New Year everyone.

Agreed, he is so beautiful from the inside out. SJS deserved the Daesang Award and Top Excellence Award. Love his "koko" with Joon Joon twins. Jisub-ssi, you are so ready to be a husband and father and i hope this is on your bucket list for 2019. 

Thanks to every contributor in this forum. May we continue to love and support our One and Only SJS.

On 1/1/2019 at 3:38 PM, killarhee said:

He's soooo beautiful....

So Ji-sub wins top prize at MBC Drama Awards

By Yoon Min-sik

Published : Dec 31, 2018 - 17:23 
Updated : Dec 31, 2018 - 17:23

Once considered just another pretty face, So Ji-sub has effectively solidified his position as one of the top actors on the small screen, notching his first top acting award from one of the three network television broadcasters in Korea.

So won the grand prize at the annual MBC Drama Awards held Sunday at the MBC Media Center in Sangam-dong, western Seoul. The honor was for his performance in the MBC drama “My Secret Terrius,” which aired between Sept. 27 and Nov. 15 and peaked with a 10.5 percent viewership share.

So Ji-sub greets child actor Kim Gun-woo at the MBC Drama Awards held at MBC Media Center in western Seoul on Sunday. (Yonhap)

In the drama, So played a former secret agent who accidentally becomes a babysitter for the twins across the street.

The 41-year-old actor spent well-over a minute thanking his colleagues, from the production staff, the actors, the director and the employees at his agency. He even took time to do the “nose kiss” with fellow actor Kang Ki-young, which he had pledged to do if he won the prestigious award.

It marked a contrast to his usual routine, as he is known as a man of few words when accepting awards. This includes the famous “Thank you” acceptance speech at the 2012 SBS Drama Awards, during which he came up and just uttered the two words before stepping down.

The actor also took home the best male acting award, while his drama won six trophies including best viewer-picked drama of the year. 

So was met with skepticism when he began his acting career in 1996 -- having debuted as a jeans model with no prior training in acting -- but his acting career improved by leaps and bounds. 

His major breakthrough came when starring in the massively-popular 2004 KBS drama “I’m Sorry, I Love You,” when he won a number of acting awards including the most popular actor award at the 40th Baeksang Arts Awards.

Despite a number of hits and accolades under his belt, the top prize has always evaded So, as his acting prowess was rarely considered to be among the best.

Entertainment awards mired in controversy

The year-end entertainment awards for the big three TV channels also took place last week, with some winners embroiled in controversy.

Veteran comedian Lee Young-ja proved to be the biggest winner in the non-acting portion of the TV awards, winning the top prize at KBS and MBC. She was the first female grand prize winner in the history of the KBS entertainment awards show. Singer, actor and TV host Lee Seung-gi won the top award at SBS.

But controversy broke out when celebrity chef Baek Jong-won, who currently hosts three food-related shows with his name in the title at SBS, was snubbed by the broadcaster. He went home without a trophy, despite being considered to be a front-runner for the top award.

Similar controversy occurred with Lee Young-ja’s win at MBC, as she edged out popular comedian Park Na-rae.

Some disgruntled fans even took to the presidential office, with multiple petitions filed at the Cheong Wa Dae’s homepage. Cheong Wa Dae is mandated to officially answer any petition with over 200,000 signatures, although this appears unlikely as the most popular petition on this subject -- one calling for a state audit on Lee Seung-gi’s agency -- only got 180 supporters as of Monday morning.

Amid the petitions calling for the state to intervene in the TV award show, some people have even petitioned against such petitions, or to punish those demanding that the state use its authority to give prizes to their favorite stars.

Hi killarhee, thanks for sharing this good news. It's his 1st award from MBC since he took three best acting awards from SBS and one best acting award from KBS before.   :lol:

• Like 2

This year fans of So Ji Sub gets to meet him through his ASIA TOUR entitled HELLO. Anyone from this forum going to any of these countries? Do share. If we are destine to meet one another through his FM, it will be fun.

Tickets started selling for Japan earlier, Taiwan and now open for Indonesia.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, salad71 said:

This year fans of So Ji Sub gets to meet him through his ASIA TOUR entitled HELLO. Anyone from this forum going to any of these countries? Do share. If we are destine to meet one another through his FM, it will be fun.

Tickets started selling for Japan earlier, Taiwan and now open for Indonesia. 

Hi salad, thanks for sharing this. Oh....this is next month already. :lol:

On 12/30/2018 at 11:44 PM, killarhee said:
  Hide contents

Tweet

killarhee, also, thanks for sharing the pictures from the MBC Drama Acting Awards Red Carpet on December 30, 2018. :lol:

MORE --

0000053665_001_20181230204046884.jpg0000154979_001_20181230203439560.jpg0000544310_001_20181230203122215.jpg

0000544311_001_20181230203522211.jpg0000544313_001_20181230204030790.jpg0000938157_001_20181230203520808.jpg

0003762204_001_20181230203530635.jpg0003762205_001_20181230203736511.jpg0003928983_001_20181230203202834.jpg

0003928987_001_20181230204037389.jpg20181230001680_0_20181230203910786.jpg201812302034654806_1_20181230203522015.j

201812302034380280221_20181230203513_01_

source : http://sunshineemine.blogspot.com/2018/12/so-ji-sub-mbc-drama-acting-awards-red.html

• Like 1

From An Introverted Child To A Hunk Actor, Model and Rapper.

So Ji Sub was an introvert as a child and never dreamt to become an actor. It was his dream to pose alongside his favorite Korean hip-hop artist, Kim Sung Jae, that paved the way to where he is now.

Before becoming an actor, So Ji Sub was a model for a clothing brand STORM in 1995. He then debuted as an actor in the sitcom Three Guys and Three Girls. After his acting debut, he appeared through small roles in late 1990s and early 2000s. He later on gained back his popularity as the second male lead in the drama, Glass Slippers.

20121114_so_ji_sub_4.jpg?resize=620%2C53

It was in the classic melodrama Something Happened In Bali that made So break the mainstream successHowever, it was his role as Cha Moo Hyuk in I’m Sorry, I Love You that made him as an established top star in South Korea.

After his military enlistment and a short break from Japanese and Chinese Market, So Ji Sub returned to small screen in Cain and Abel and once again proved his exceptional acting skills. He won the Best Actor Award at the 2009 Grimae Awards.

Breaking out from emotional roles, he transformed into a charismatic character in the thriller-romantic comedy The Master’s Sun alongside Gong Hyo Jin. The drama became a hit even outside Korea. He then starred in another romance series, Oh My Venus, where he played as celebrity trainer.

After his three-year break from small screen, he returned as an NIS agent in the spy drama My Secret Terrius

Aside from acting in television, So, is also known for record-breaking movies. His film portfolio includes, Always,  Battleship Island and his recent work Be With You, together with his Delicious Proposal co-star, Son Ye Jin. 

As A Book Author and Hip-Hop Artist

So Ji Sub proved that he is more than an award- winning actor. In 2010 he released a photo-essay titled, So Ji-sub’s Journey. In his book, So shared his journey since his debut, his essay on his favorite number 51, his love for the rainy days, Romeo and Juliet, and interactions with other artists. His literary project became a best-seller. Subsequently, he published his second book, Only You.

Additionally, he also published a magazine dedicated for his fans, which he named, “SONICe”He shared his personal thoughts on dating ideas and locations, his favorite food, books and more.

Furthermore, So is also a self professed hip-hop enthusiast. He released two tracks, namely, “Lonely Life” and “Foolish Love” using his monicker “G” or “G-Sonic”. The two songs were used as a soundtrack for his film, Rough Cut and his drama, Cain and Abel, respectively.

In 2011, he came out with a digital single, “Pick Up Line” using his own name. On the following year, he released his first EP, “Corona Borealis”.

He record his third EP, 6 PM…Ground in 2013. He followed it up in 2014 with his third EP 18 Years – a celebratory project for his 18 years in the entertainment industry

For details about So Ji Sub Hello! Asia Tour in Bangkok visit 411 Entertainment’s Facebook page.

source : HelloKpop

9 K-Dramas We Can’t Believe Are Turning 10 Years Old In 2019

It’s that time again where we turn back the clock by 10 years, and revisit some of the more memorable hits of 2009. It was a year that delivered many ratings-strong dramas like “The Great Queen Seon Deok” and “Shining Inheritance,” as well as the cultural phenomenon “Boys Over Flowers.” These dramas may not still be as amazing in this current landscape, especially after our drama-watching palates have been refined over the years. But they have definitely left a long lasting impression on us, and sometimes, that’s all we can ask for!

So let’s head down memory lane and say “Happy Birthday” to these 10-year-old dramas!

Cain and Abel

Cain-and-Abel.jpg

Aired on: SBS
Air date: 18 February – 23 April, 2009 (20 eps.)
Starring: So Ji Sub, Shin Hyun Joon, Han Ji Min, Chae Jung An, Song Jong Ho

“Cain and Abel” took awhile for the story to kick into gear and may have been overly dramatic in general, but with So Ji Sub leading the show, did all of that really matter? Those who stuck with this not-your-average-medical-drama were rewarded with strong acting, an engaging watch, and most importantly, hours and hours of ogling at So Ji Sub.

cain-and-abel-3.png

Watch “Cain And Abel”:

Watch Now

credit : soompi news