So Ji Sub 소지섭 - Best Korean Actor & Rapper -

sojisubaddicted

Thanks to the drama Road Number One which shooting in the first half of 2010, actor So Jisub had been at DMZ (Demilitarized Zone), border between South and North Korean, to film. The forbidden wood attracted the fearless man with many wild sceneries. He walked into it, amazed...

A few months later, the photo essay book THE WAY by So Jisub was published, revealed to the world beautiful Gangwon-do landscapes which been forgotten for nearly 60 years.

The Way was a best-seller.

The Way made him a legend.

Indeed, who else in The Republic of Korea earns a road 51 km along the nature of mountain, waterfall, flowers and wild life as him?

As a fan who couldn't read Hangul, I'm kind of "anxious" over the book for a long time. I wish to understand how he felt during his journey. Hope one day we'll have an English version of The Way to learn more of him. In the meantime, my dear friends, I bring you this little piece.

I have no intention of disrespect his copyright. Hope you treat me lightly, my dearests!

PART I

THE BOOK

pohx1NTXj

sorelválasztó.gif

Spoiler

The Way photo essay book (or SJS’s Sketchbook) was released to public by 31st of August 2010. He made a lot of headlines, as usual.

An article on Dramabeans:

So Ji-sub’s book becomes bestseller

“Within ten days of its release, So Ji-sub‘s photo-essay book hit the bestseller list and received a warm reception from fans. It’s already sold 50,000 copies by pre-order, and has entered its third printing.

The book, entitled So Ji-sub’s Road, is a collection of photographs and essays. He also writes about his interactions with various writers and artists, like rapper Tiger JK. The usually taciturn and stoic So Ji-sub reveals his inner thoughts throughout the book, drawing a lot of interest from fans. It’s nice to see him take the first step past his reticent image…”

http://www.dramabeans.com/2010/09/so-ji-subs-book-becomes-bestseller/

Would you like to know some behind the scene details, my dears? SJS himself shared them in an interview on  Movieweek Magazine issue September 2010:

"So Ji Sub Road" So Ji Sub comfortable walk

htm_20100914170238020000020302-001.jpg

Q. Road Number One has completed to air last July & you seem very busy.

A. Drama filming ended in June because it's a pre-production work. Afterwards, I did get busy working on my advertising & photoshoots. Of course, besides the travel to Gangwon Province.

Q. "So Ji Sub Road" is a photo essay. it has photos here & there with written pieces done by yourself. Do you have the habit to write down daily journal (diary)?

A. I'm not good at writing, but i slowly/gradually began to write in preparation of this book. Nowadays, there are a lot of tools that can help one easily write a lot like cell phones & notebooks.

Q. There are not many actors who have the chance to write something. Was there any study process?

A. Because i tried to write. I mean, writing was not forced, i wanted to write down my thoughts in a light way. In that sense, i did 'caring' writing.

Q. Was it the first time for you to visit Gangwon province?

A. I remember being there before but not personally, at many times I was with fellow actors & stuff. I did not had time to tour around because of work.

Q. You're an Incheon native. How different is it from back home?

A. In Incheon, you can enjoy watching the sea endlessly, but there is no place where you can see the mountains. While this time it's over 1800 meters above the sea level, there are mountains, rivers, lakes, sea and other kinds of natural scenery, i really enjoyed this variety of nature. I visited Peonchibol (Coastal basin), we had to take permission from the Ministry of Environment. Really "very beautiful!"

Q. In the beginning of the book, you reveal the hope "with no face to face, wearing slippers to go out and no one to recognize my place ". But this is not the end of travel in the Gangwon-do, did not it end up as a nice pictorial tour with the different genres of clothes?

A. At least, it's not the same as in acting, it showed me the way I am. To put together a trip like this, while having comfortable conversation with all my "guests" as well as enjoying the surrounding landscapes. When shooting pictorial for magazines and advertisements would be different. It did feels like a comfortable rest for my mind rather than work.

Q. There were Tiger JK, the cartoonist Park Jae, the novelist Lee Wes, photographer Lee Eun and seven other guests. Was it your first encounter with all of them, except Tiger JK?

A. I have read about them in books & saw them on TV, I felt much more comfortable with them in person. We talked so much, that was the most memorable event: seeing such places with such gifted guests. One day, we were very concerned about the weather for filming, we had already sought for permission from the Environment ministry. But we had a foggy landscape and a storm was ready to blow, we were forced to wait until it calms down. Fortunately, the scheduled shooting with Professor Park Jae became possible in the afternoon.

(credit movieweek - Translation by Hind)

The sketchbook contents 336 pages, size 201*196mm, with 8 chapters (or 8 sketches). Each sketch displayed a special color which actor SJS had experienced during his way.

Chinese fans on Huaren51k.blog even made a details route for his journey:

map.jpg

He did travel a lot, didn't he?

pofEk9Enj

My friends, readers who can read Hangul (Korea Version 2010), Japanese (Japan Version 2011) and Chinese (Taiwan Version 2013) must have a very good time enjoy The Way book.

This is a small skeleton:

** Sketch 1: Relax and Travel

Jisub started from Port Daejin. Coastal life held certain interesting with busy morning at the harbour, the tetrapods, the lighthouse... made the child of Incheon thoughtful.

IMG_20140827_102211%5B1%5D.jpg

** Sketch 2: Freedom

Spending a good time with Mr Tiger JK. Discussed about the sound of life and how he thought it might take one step to get out of the nutshell but sometimes it needed a lot of courage. 

IMG_20140827_102407%5B1%5D.jpg

** Sketch 3: Dreams

A twenty years old girl accompanied him for the tour going to watch the wildlife in the nature and visit Museum of Red- Crowned Crane in Cheorwon

First meeting at the train station, hiding the awkwardness, he asked:

** Do you have a boyfriend?

** No. Nowadays I like an Idol.

** Who?

** I like BEAST (K-Pop Group??)

Scratching his head, feel like he was absolutely an Ahjussi here.

IMG_20140827_102615%5B1%5D.jpg

** Sketch 4: Healing

Old area sure embraces a lot of old structure and abandon houses after War... The weed is still growing nevertheless.

IMG_20140827_102850%5B1%5D.jpg

p181.jpg

** Sketch 5: Youth, Passion

Visiting Gamsung village, been shared great stories by the novelist.

IMG_20140827_102911%5B1%5D.jpg

e84749cf4800627ef9dc61e1.jpg

** Sketch 6: Memories

Met two new young friends on a rainy day. Enjoyed walking on the hanging bridge over Duta pond; Enjoyed taking photos everywhere in the wood, from a little spring, small animals to a wild yellow lily soared with raindrops.

Amazed to see the goats in nature.

"The goats seem mysterious yet beautiful look..."

3cef337bd7c086b70bd187e3.jpg

** Sketch 7: Ours, Mine

Thoughtful Sketch over the land of war...

Visited The Desire Bell or The Silent Bell. Got to strike The World Peace Bell.  There is a very meaningful story behind this huge bell. Hope one day we get to read it in English.

He wrote: "It's a warm, somehow sad, and yet also a strange sound"  

IMG_20140827_103432%5B1%5D.jpg

4a_yp.jpg

** Sketch 8: PEACE, LOVE

How great his day on Soyang Lake and Yong Swamp that made him thought of such a topic?

My dear friends, please enjoy the very last part of The Way through a small story.

The girl character here is totally from imagination but her feelings are real. These feelings may be mine or also yours, ladies, who have ever fluttered by him, So Jisub...

PART II - THE STORY

LITTLE GIRL ON THE PRAIRIE

Once you said you don't ever believe in love at first sight. I do.

Joining the photographers team as a local guide, see you with my own eyes, my heart has gone for good.

16 years’ gap, geography, social standards are all cruel things standing between us…

Yet, here I am, a little girl on the prairie, sending my love to the strong wind that embrace you hard in the afternoon. Jisub oppa, Son of the Wind, I love you!…

pmi9GDkmj

190628daxmgqg881grpgm8.gif

Spoiler

Captured

June 2010

My boss told me to guide these special guests to Soyang Lake and Yong Swamp on a bad day when a thunderstorm is coming close…

** “Why?!” I asked.

** “Well, these Seoul customers of ours won’t step back in any kind of weather”, he said with a mysterious smile.

He sounded like Seoul people are all Iron men, LOL. Okay then, Boss. Let’s see how it turns out.

Since finished High school, I’ve worked for a tiny tour guide business in this tiny village of Gangwon-do. I live on my own, trying to be a good girl. Mom and Dad sure bless me from the Heaven and give me strength.

How’s the life of a girl 17 years of age who lives alone, you wanted to know? A part from work, a TV, an old computer and the little cat Kato are my best friends.

maxresdefault.jpg

I love the clearing in Gangwon-do.

I love the lake which changes color under the sky, love the purple mountain standing protectively at our border.

And, I love this one man in MISA drama who always makes me miss Mom so much.

Oh, to a small girl, Cha Moo Hyuk Ahjussi was absolutely perfect.

3df4a8d82bafc35da55ff2b4432b48ff.jpg

Remember that day I turn 11 years old and scared to see my first period. It’s also the first time I watched him in MISA, felt like something hit me hard on the chest. I liked the man who cried his heart out over his Mom! I liked his cool look and everything! I believed he’s waiting for me somewhere till the day we meet.

“One day I’ll be grown up and get to see you Ahjussi. The real life you must be awesome, please be my great protector!”

Time flies, the childish thought remains. Who knows one day he would come with the rain…

img19020100214001.jpg

As planned, we use 2 boats to pick up Seoul guests by Soyang Lake then head to Yong Swamp of Daeum Mountain, one boat for the “models” and the other for the photographers and me. They’re getting off the van and walking toward us. A tall man in white shirt has immediately caught my eyes.

pmhUMiOSj

The air about him is somewhat overwhelmed. He’s cool, confident, strong and gentle at the same time. And he looks familiar! Ah, what’s with me?

I spring into action, greet the team and happen to meet the tall man in the eyes. The whole world suddenly turns upside down but him in front of me. Lost in his deep eyes, I found myself swimming in this sea of happiness. Tide after tide hit me on the face but I triumphant yell to the sky that I found him at last…

He’s So Jisub, the man I love ever since. Oh Ahjussi, are you for real?

A hand touches me on the shoulder sends me down to earth from my own frenzy.

He nods to me while someone chimes in the background that he’s actor So Jisub; that they work on a photo journal book in my area; that my local sceneries are quite wild and natural… blah blah…

Oh dear, many thanks for the compliments but I don’t feel alright at all. I’m on the ninth cloud, LOL… Talking of clouds, the sky seems threaten us with a very dark color. However, these Iron men from Seoul are like “No problem here!” though.

Jisub oppa asks me in concern:

** “Are you alright?”

Oh, he’s so nice!!! His deep voice sends a new wave of emotions to my poor heart. I blush, unable to utter a word.

Oppa then helps the old gentleman on board and we all get ready to cross Soyang Lake.

pnsgzlxgj

His standing on the boat looks like the General of our troops, my hero.

povZdfXlj

With some beard on the chin, hair tousled in the wind, he’s utmost handsome beyond words. Hearts keep shooting out of my eyes.

poAI3cLxj

The Lake welcomes us peacefully but my mind is far from calm. Why only him makes my heart fluttered? What’s so wrong to adore a man nearly double my age? Not any man but the famous actor So Jisub! Would he see me as a normal fan girl like other million fans of his or worst, just as a kid? An unknown girl in a remote area dreams of touching the brightest star on the sky. Is it possible???

I put one hand into the lake, feel cool water soothing on my skin. As long as there’s love, it doesn’t matter, right?

Trembling

The weather is bad. An obscure sky promises a heavy rain.

po2BIqrLj

People said a thunderstorm is coming soon. But we don’t have time to change schedule, do we?

Definitely the trip across Soyang Lake to Yong Swamp would be an interesting one with or without raining.

pm2JV7FMj 

I feel good on rainy days but I don’t know why,

maybe because of the earthy smell and the sound of the falling rain….

When I was younger, I used to go out drinking soju on rainy days. Somehow I felt lonelier while I’d been drinking in the sound of raindrops on the street stall’s roof.

The rain often brought back these “ancient” memories for no reason.

I remembered I had ever been waiting for someone for a really long time.

Sometimes I’d been crying waiting for my mom,

or sometimes I’d been waiting for the girl I was in love with,

since I was a bit expecting of her coming, I paced untired around the subway station or in front of her house.

Nowadays, we can call up to tell someone if we’ll be even 5 minutes late.

Actually I still don’t care of waiting for someone…”

(Rainy days, The Way page 203,

English translated by Jisub-aholic)

The lake is vast. Open water wanders sheepishly under the dark sky. Humid hangs thick in the air.

285e921804e3294434fa41e2.jpg

Since I’m an ex-swimmer, people might think I’m always at ease in the water. Well, sometimes it’s not. 

“When I was a child, I lived in Incheon.

Those days the concrete tetrapod hadn’t been placed on the coast of the town,

I’d used to run around there, and sometimes followed other ahjussies.

Sometimes my friends and I even flopping down to fish at that coast since we were not afraid of anything.

poWOfWWVj

However, honestly I really fear of the sea by now

(though I even swam across Korean Strait with The Korean Dream Team long time ago). Everyone seems always surprised at this.

Those who have experienced of swimming in the ocean will know.

There is nothing but fear at how deep and dark under the sea…

No one knows what hidden inside it.

Although people have tripped into space, yet, nobody has ever learnt enough of what under the deep blue sea.”

(Fear, The Way page 22,

English translated by Jisub-aholic)

I turn to check on the other boat and happen to meet her eyes again…

Maybe my legs are shaking because of standing on the little boat for a while, or maybe because of the way she silently gazes at me. Mesmerized, I found myself sit down at the front of the boat, don’t dare to bat another side glance at her.

33400-148527.jpg

The sincerity in the beautiful young girl’s eyes ties a knot in my stomach. Is it possible that one-day travelling to the end of the world and I found love in the shape of a little girl? You’re so young or I’m too old?!…

The wind blows to my face coolly. Please also blow away my awkwardness, dear Wind!

Adoration

The wind is getting stronger than ever in the clearing. Yong Swamp or the sea of green flowing endlessly to the skyline. And there is fog. My prairie now looks like a scene in a cartoon where the Witch is about to release her terrible anger on the handsome Prince who dares to rescue the Princess, her hostage. Though I’m not exactly a Princess but Jisub oppa is definitely the most handsome Prince in my dreamland.

plFwtuaIj

My Prince is not afraid of the wild upcoming thunderstorm at all.  He looks up at the sky, smiles widely enjoy the scene. Such a brave man! Professor waves his arms like a big bird that about to fly off the ground. Oppa walks behind him protectively.

poWzHKf4j

Then they stop for the shoot.

pm7DSyGHj

I sit on my prairie watching him from afar, feel strangely happy. Oppa’s in front of me now in flesh and bones. Oh, he’s much more awesome to my expectation. His every move is beautiful! A natural-born model.

pm6yx29pj

How come a simple white shirt looks so attractive on him?   

pnipWWvPj

I’m thinking of myself, a girl who has nothing but this newfound love boiling in my heart. I’m thinking of my turning 18 years old soon. Then I can approach him legally without causing him any trouble. More than anything in the world, I want to make him happy!

The trip might end here but our own way just starts, Jisub oppa. That would be a long sweet journey for the two of us.

Tenderness

I’m not a novelist, nor a photographer but I’m doing this work with great joy.

poyWQDKLj

It’s the first time in my life I have a chance to stand in such a wild nature. The sky, the strong wind, the sea of grass and me… Feel like the whole world is mine.

pmEYdKufj

Whether So Jisub is an introvert or not, popular or not, Mother Nature would feed me the same fresh air. Face up to the sky, I close my eyes, feel absolutely refreshed. Sooner or later, wish you feel the same, dear readers!

pl9VXkcSj

I’m always pondering, "who am I?”, and I seek my answer through travels and meeting new people. However, there is no “right” answer in life, isn’t it?

I think a 100% correct and perfect answer does not exist.

We feel anxious when we make a choice, but we are paving our own way through all these decisions we made. Therefore, what I strive for is not 100%,

but the 51% that promises all the possibilities.

plSqYxVEj 

I hope you, my readers, would never regret the choices you’ve made along the way;

don’t feel too worried and unsettled of the choice you are making for the future,

be happy while walking on your own way, right there, right now.

May your future time be a happy journey…   

(Preface, The Way Taiwan version,

English translated by Sokingdom)

My journey would end nicely here.

I walk back to the team. Really, I can’t thank them enough for their hard work in such weather!

pnyLZCQrj

Thanks the staffs, thanks Professor and also thanks the local guides for your help!

The little girl is sitting thoughtful behind them. She stands up at my approaching, shines on me by the intense brightest eyes ever. She doesn’t avoid my gaze but looks deep into my eyes. Behind the young age, her pure strong spirit somehow makes my legs trembling again. What have I done to deserve the sincerity of yours, young Lady?

We’re ready to leave Yong Swamp. I found myself linger behind the team, behind ... her.  

She walks in front of me, gracefully; I'm trailing behind, uncertain steps...

A few rain drops have perched on her hair like some tiny pearls. Lovely jewellery for lovely girl! I want to say something to her but couldn’t find my voice. The wind must have blown my confidence far away already. Instead, I gently put my coat around her slender shoulders. Lend you some warm, dear Lady. Please, let me do something for you, at least. The Beauty looks up at me in surprise, then, dazzles me once again in this fairy-tale land of Gangwon-do, she smiles…

Oh Gangwon-do, I have more than one reason to come back here. I’ll definitely come back. Because, of all awesome memories Gangwon has gifted me, there is a beautiful smile of a little girl on the prairie has captured my heart…

Of all ways on the earth, I wonder if the greatest one is the invisible way that leads the man to his lady's heart? I wish my SJS soon found his other half and lives happily ever after!!!

(Pictures and clip credit to The Way Photo Essay Book by So Jisub.

Many thanks to different sources online for promoting SJS's book with love!)

• Like 7

The same actor but I feel there were completely different men here :rolleyes:

In Oh My Venus 2015

-So-Ji-Sub-so-ji-sub-39086782-375-234.gi

In The Master's Sun 2013

So-Ji-Sub-image-so-ji-sub-36414045-500-5

In Ghost 2012

So-Ji-Sub-image-so-ji-sub-36414147-500-5

More gifts from Ghost in spoiler 

Spoiler

So-Ji-Sub-image-so-ji-sub-36414019-245-1  So-Ji-Sub-image-so-ji-sub-36414022-245-1

So-Ji-Sub-image-so-ji-sub-36414001-245-1  So-Ji-Sub-image-so-ji-sub-36413998-245-1

So-Ji-Sub-image-so-ji-sub-36413994-245-1  So-Ji-Sub-image-so-ji-sub-36413999-245-1 So-Ji-Sub-image-so-ji-sub-36414017-245-1

(Gifts and pics credit fanpop.com)

• Like 1

Korean actors who can perform strong character in dramas.

BNT news report that in Korean Since 2000, we have seen a lot of influence on actors and co-actors, some co-actors can jumped into the ranks among the top stars.

But not all actors can be so shining, from the beginning of the identity, and then further promoted to starring status, become a top star actor have a part of their special. We can identify them from the charm of the place in all aspects of acting, modeling, and other fashion.

So exactly what actor demonstrated a strong character in the drama and doesn't lose it? 

Sojisub is the one of an actor who proved that he can go into the character in drama, For year 2004 in the drama "What's happened in Bali"

SBS TV series "What's happened in Bali" was about the wealthy son of the hero and needy arrogance while a poor woman fell in love with the poor, thus giving a romantic love story. The hero into the negative attitude in the whole drama, the story also surprise ending, the audience left a sigh.

SJS drama played Jiangren Xu due to poverty, complex character and some cold, had a negative attitude towards life. The SJS in the play to show the pace, expression, tone of voice, and many other factors will be the role of the performance of the head, with critical acclaim.

There are many actors who can go into the character of a drama such as 

Year 2000 "Endless Love" and "Autumn's In my heart" - Won Bin played

Year 2002 "My Love Patzzi" - Kim Rae-won played

Year 2006 "My Girl" - played by Lee Jun Ki

Year 2010 "King of Baking" - played by Zhou Yuan

Year 2012 "miss you" - played by Yoo Seung-ho

Year 2013 "successors" - played by Kim Woo-bin

Year 2014 "It's okay, it's love" - plays Lee Kwang - soo

Cr. BNT international news China

http://aminoapps.com/p/rfh62

• Like 4

1 hour ago, mathi said:

The same actor but I feel there were completely different men here

Agree. I always felt they, those roles, were really alive. And yes, they are really different. The serious and cold Kim Woo Hyun is totally different from the stingy but funny boss Joo Jong Won, etc.  I would get bored if his acting in one dramas/movie and the other can be the same. But I also wonder, an actor with a dull acting often awarded high by public. Btw Mathi thanks a lot for "The Way" articles

• Like 2

Showbiz Korea(Ep.1299) _ Full Episode

So Ji Sub news at 00.02 - 02.00 about his promo activities OMV in Japan. 

소지섭 So Ji Sub As A Rapper 

“Rap is fun. I think it’s one way to communicate with my fans and we can have a good time when we are rapping. That’s one way for me to get close to my fans" (TMS interview)

I hope someone here will write about So Ji Sub as a rapper;) ...one day. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, sojisubaddicted said:

소지섭 So Ji Sub As A Rapper 

“Rap is fun. I think it’s one way to communicate with my fans and we can have a good time when we are rapping. That’s one way for me to get close to my fans" (TMS interview)

I hope someone here will write about So Ji Sub as a rapper;) ...one day. 

@sojisubaddicted "someone" definitely heard your wish, babe :lol: :sweatingbullets:........

An old picture of Mr Cool :wub:

tumblr_mpm9tgdaTL1s6lc4do1_500.jpg

A gifts set from dear Jisub-aholic 

tumblr_nu5hldAkdw1s6lc4do1_400.gif tumblr_nu5hldAkdw1s6lc4do2_400.gif

tumblr_nu5hldAkdw1s6lc4do3_400.gif tumblr_nu5hldAkdw1s6lc4do4_400.gif

:)

• Like 4

On 29 February 2016 at 4:34 PM, Kittiya Kantasirikul said:

Korean actors who can perform strong character in dramas.

BNT news report that in Korean Since 2000, we have seen a lot of influence on actors and co-actors, some co-actors can jumped into the ranks among the top stars.

But not all actors can be so shining, from the beginning of the identity, and then further promoted to starring status, become a top star actor have a part of their special. We can identify them from the charm of the place in all aspects of acting, modeling, and other fashion.

So exactly what actor demonstrated a strong character in the drama and doesn't lose it? 

Sojisub is the one of an actor who proved that he can go into the character in drama, For year 2004 in the drama "What's happened in Bali"

SBS TV series "What's happened in Bali" was about the wealthy son of the hero and needy arrogance while a poor woman fell in love with the poor, thus giving a romantic love story. The hero into the negative attitude in the whole drama, the story also surprise ending, the audience left a sigh.

SJS drama played Jiangren Xu due to poverty, complex character and some cold, had a negative attitude towards life. The SJS in the play to show the pace, expression, tone of voice, and many other factors will be the role of the performance of the head, with critical acclaim.

There are many actors who can go into the character of a drama such as 

Year 2000 "Endless Love" and "Autumn's In my heart" - Won Bin played

Year 2002 "My Love Patzzi" - Kim Rae-won played

Year 2006 "My Girl" - played by Lee Jun Ki

Year 2010 "King of Baking" - played by Zhou Yuan

Year 2012 "miss you" - played by Yoo Seung-ho

Year 2013 "successors" - played by Kim Woo-bin

Year 2014 "It's okay, it's love" - plays Lee Kwang - soo

Cr. BNT international news China

http://aminoapps.com/p/rfh62

Not only can our So Ji Sub perform strong character, he can perform any type of character and you won't remember him as the previous character he acted in! That's the strength and depth of his acting!! Unlike a lot of other actors, I find he's the only actor how can communicate an emotion or situation with just his eye!!! And I can just drown myself in his eyes!!!  

Currently I'm watching the new drama Descendants of the Sun and I keep wishing the lead actor was So Ji Sub!!! Is it just me?!!! 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Mwee said:

http://m.blog.naver.com/lifeschool7/220548506106

Found this link in another thread there.  It seems it's an article about SJS's home, office and how close it is to SMA?  

Any kind fan here who can read Korean to help us translate or give a brief summary?  Thank you so much!

@Mwee thanks dear for the link!!!

Mr SJS and Miss SMA indeed lived in the same building a few years back. However, SMA's fans said she had moved and currently lives in a villa.

Wow, the interior of 51k office look fantastic with those shelves full of trophies. He's the winner in many Award Events.  Our SJS shared that he likes to design his office in a warm color. 

These pictures repost from dear Mwee's link above:

%C7%C7%C7%C1%C6%BC%BF%F8%C4%C9%C0%CC_51k

%BC%D2%BC%D3%BB%E7_2%C3%FE.PNG?type=w2

%BC%D2%BC%D3%BB%E72%C3%FE_2.PNG?type=w2

%BC%D2%BC%D3%BB%E7_2%C3%FE_3.PNG?type=w2

*** I happened to read this article, the New Yorker moved to South Korea because she loves "all things Korea", she also mentioned a bit of our man SJS :lol:

I’m an Alien, and That’s OK (Adventures in Korea)

Posted on 01/19/2012 by KURLYKOLLY

"I am writing this guest blog while drinking a bottle of soju in Daegu, Korea. (I’ve just discovered it tastes great with mango juice.) A few years ago, I became obsessed with all things Korean. I’m in love with Korean food, dramas, and music. I cannot speak Korean well so I decided that I would immerse myself in the language completely and move to the “motherland.” This way I can understand So Ji Sub clearly when he confesses his love for me. One week of vacation in Seoul just wouldn’t do, so last January, I made a New Year’s resolution: move to South Korea.

After months of interviews and rejection letters, I left for South Korea in October to become an ESL teacher. Naturally my family was supportive.

My father: “Which part of Korea? I can’t bail you out of jail in North Korea.”

My mother: “You’re going to end up in a prison camp!”

My sister: “God, you really want an Asian man that bad?”

- Yes..."

user_287996_user_287996_1320523374so-ji-

- Future husband--So Ji Sub-

** My friends, for the rest of the interesting article, please check on this link (it seemed she didn't meet SJS otherwise her story would be perfect!)

http://youoffendmeyouoffendmyfamily.com/im-an-alien-and-thats-ok-adventures-in-korea/

• Like 4

Thanks to drama Oh My Venus, the martial art Jiu Jit-su becomes more popular. 

On Komore.com, there was an article discussing some details on it. The sexy technique actually has a name : THE CLOSED GUARD TECHNIQUES :sweatingbullets:

My dear friends, I guess it wouldn't be waste if we girls have some good ideas up in our sleeves.

Protect Yourself! – Oh my Venus

By Jinwoo Choi, December 2015

Jiu-jitsu is a martial arts that anybody can learn. If you want to develop your confidence in protecting yourself, it is perfect for you! Basically, you learn how to overcome stronger and larger opponent using the leverage positioning.

pic1.jpg

In “Oh My Venus” episode5, Jooeun(Shin Min-a) learns jiu-jitsu from Youngho(So Ji-sub) to protect herself from a stalker. If you have never done jiu-jitsu before, it would have been hard to understand what he was trying to teach and you would probably only remember the romantic accidental kiss!! But, there are so many techniques that you can learn from this scene. Let’s review what Youngho taught her!

pic2.jpg

At the beginning of the training, Youngho tells Jooeun to attack him as much as she wants pretending she is a stalker. He is on the bottom and she is on the top, she tries to attack him but she cannot reach him. All of sudden, he wraps his legs around her body and pulls her down with controlling her arms. What’s happening here?

If you don’t know how to protect yourself on the bottom, the first thing you do is trying to get up. If you are just eager to sit up, you are running into punches. But, look at him! He is on the bottom but not beaten up. What he first did was wrapping his legs around her body. Doing so, he was able to pull her down! It’s called closed guard in jiu-jitsu which is a basic position to protect yourself on the bottom. He is also controlling her arms with his hands. You can see he knows how to manage the distance well. When he has distance with her, he avoids punches ,not rushing to get up then he closes distance with pulling her down and controlling her arms from possible attacks. This is the basic thing you should know when you defend yourself on the bottom.

One more thing! They accidently end up kissing during training but you should avoid any possible kisses or head butts unless it is not a romantic situation!!!...

• Like 4