So Ji Sub 소지섭 - Best Korean Actor & Rapper -

sojisubaddicted

Cuteness overload!!!:lol::wub:

CboZkyEUkAAxJSg?format=pjpg&name=large

CboZkyIUcAA4aHz?format=pjpg&name=large

(Credit via Gillchan)

** Thank you so much my dear friend @Kittiya Kantasirikul You're superb, sweetie:)!!!!!

** Good news Good news

Latest update for OMV Making/NG DVD: Good news is that there WILL be 3 DVD disc + 100 pages of photos (high five!!), price is 55000 won. Pre-order starts on Feb 22nd and ends on March 10th on 4 Korean sites: HM, innolife, yes24 and interpark. Links to be announced.

Interviews might be included (not face-to-face), not confirmed. But there's little chance OST instrument music would be included.

tumblr_o0gbf94nro1uk8q4zo1_400.gif

(From Sojisubar)

• Like 7

Regarding the handsome cameo in Warm and Cosy drama by Dramatroll:

** Excuse me, I might need to high five my screen NOW! :lol:

tumblr_nocdemWjNg1sh8uxlo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_nocdemWjNg1sh8uxlo2_1280.jpg

And...

tumblr_nocgfdXbhq1sh8uxlo1_1280.jpg

** Spoiler: for friends who love large pictures!:)

Spoiler

So Ganzi at Gimpo airport

CbqnIraUEAIGs4u?format=pjpg&name=large

CbqnC_vUUAAuQ0V?format=pjpg&name=large

(Credit as tagged)

• Like 6

On 20 February 2016 at 5:01 PM, mathi said:

Cuteness overload!!!:lol::wub:

CboZkyEUkAAxJSg?format=pjpg&name=large

CboZkyIUcAA4aHz?format=pjpg&name=large

(Credit via Gillchan)

** Thank you so much my dear friend @Kittiya Kantasirikul You're superb, sweetie:)!!!!!

** Good news Good news

Latest update for OMV Making/NG DVD: Good news is that there WILL be 3 DVD disc + 100 pages of photos (high five!!), price is 55000 won. Pre-order starts on Feb 22nd and ends on March 10th on 4 Korean sites: HM, innolife, yes24 and interpark. Links to be announced.

Interviews might be included (not face-to-face), not confirmed. But there's little chance OST instrument music would be included.

tumblr_o0gbf94nro1uk8q4zo1_400.gif

(From Sojisubar)

I'm very excited to hear that there will be the OMV NG/making... How do international fans purchase it? 

thank you everyone for posting all the lovely picture of our dear So Ji Sub!!! The pictures of him with the babies are both heartwarming and a little sad cos we know he loves kids and want his own. Hope that this year he will find his perfect sincere life partner who will have away his loniness and bring him lots of love!!! Oppa Fighting!!!! 

• Like 4

Guest xoxoprincessxoxo1000

Those rings and necklaces are dope. I want them <3 i thought they were selling these at so ji sub's website for fans then i realized that it was custom made only for So Ji Sub.......- cries - those rings must be super expensive...

OMV making DVD on sales now !!!

OH My Venus making DVD (original Korea version) on sales now in China website and shipping for foreign countries ^^ 

Website link : http://www.95music.com/product_detail.jsp?id=216872&key=%E7%B6%AD%E7%B4%8D%E6%96%AF&media=0&in=1&pa=3

http://www.ktown4u.com/iteminfo?grp_no=107955&goods_no=23823

• Like 3

Some fan arts

CbnMlNWUYAAWcjR?format=pjpg&name=large

CbtDb_iUMAI71f_?format=pjpg&name=large

(Credit Sojisub_11/4 and saukey06)

Thanks dear @Kittiya Kantasirikul for the link to pre-order OMV Making DVD set

Some more links to try:

International: http://bit.ly/1UgZudy
中國:http://bit.ly/1Vyhj6w
台灣:http://bit.ly/1QaMvbG
Japan: http://bit.ly/24lHl2M
Korea:
http://bit.ly/1KCxbEt
http://bit.ly/1PQXq9

The international website informs if the quantity of pre-orders are not enough, they might cancel making the set. 

The Making DVD set includes 3 DVDs, 100 pages photo book and post cards is sold at price 51.32USD, not include shipping fee, from the international link above.

Let's make it happen, my dear friends!!!:)

• Like 3

3 hours ago, mathi said:

Some fan arts

CbnMlNWUYAAWcjR?format=pjpg&name=large

CbtDb_iUMAI71f_?format=pjpg&name=large

(Credit Sojisub_11/4 and saukey06)

Thanks dear @Kittiya Kantasirikul for the link to pre-order OMV Making DVD set

Some more links to try:

International: http://bit.ly/1UgZudy
中國:http://bit.ly/1Vyhj6w
台灣:http://bit.ly/1QaMvbG
Japan: http://bit.ly/24lHl2M
Korea:
http://bit.ly/1KCxbEt
http://bit.ly/1PQXq9

The international website informs if the quantity of pre-orders are not enough, they might cancel making the set. 

The Making DVD set includes 3 DVDs, 100 pages photo book and post cards is sold at price 51.32USD, not include shipping fee, from the international link above.

Let's make it happen, my dear friends!!!:)

Thanks for the link!!! I've made my pre-order!!! Let's hope it all come true and I get my copy in April!!! 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, nani-lyfe said:

@mathi do you know if the 3 disc dvd includes the drama itself with bts or just strictly bts? 

Dear @nani-lyfe the website describe the set as Oh My Venus Making DVD

It would be perfect if the set is the drama plus BTS, right? However, since they press on MAKING, I guess 3 discs are about BTS only. It's my first time to order the making set like this though :sweatingbullets:

I'll get back to you as soon as they give more details, my friend!

Cheer!!! :)

• Like 4

Guest sugarmay

I learnt more details about OMV bts DVD from that Japan link.
* OMV region code : 3 
I'm afraid we international fans can watch OMV bts DVD region code is not all?
So please confirm and check out your countries region code.
→ Learn more region code via wiki
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DVD_region_code

*Release date
OMV bts DVD is scheduled to be released on 10/5/2016~31/5/2016 in Korea.
Then the delivery will be about 3~5 days after that released in Korea.

But International link said 1/4/2016...? I guess if DVD might be released close to date it'll be released in Korea..

FYI and Hope we all can enjoy it!!:)

Thank you so much all friends for your great sharing daily basis!!:wub:

1 hour ago, sugarmay said:

I learnt more details about OMV bts DVD from that Japan link.
* OMV region code : 3 
I'm afraid we international fans can watch OMV bts DVD region code is not all?
So please confirm and check out your countries region code.
→ Learn more region code via wiki
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DVD_region_code

*Release date
OMV bts DVD is scheduled to be released on 10/5/2016~31/5/2016 in Korea.
Then the delivery will be about 3~5 days after that released in Korea.

But International link said 1/4/2016...? I guess if DVD might be released close to date it'll be released in Korea..

FYI and Hope we all can enjoy it!!:)

Thank you so much all friends for your great sharing daily basis!!:wub:

My sweet @sugarmay thank you so much for your info honey!!! Please have a cup of capuchino with SJS :lol:

11584053723_7b5bb05968_z.jpg

Whatever you do, you're handsome!!!:wub:

U7rauHsPWa2WTmgw454BS9GDEmRK55ap4ct1mEap

Tp3ONc3QTiKxnxA9PhsjIlTEhPlQhdg0U5HlvN3s

caf+11.gif

(Picture and gifts credit to owners)

• Like 5

Here are the details that I read up based on the translation from Sojisubar about the making of dvd of OMV:

- Pre-order date is up to March 10th, 2016
- Release date: after May 10th, 2016
- A minimum of 1000 copies before the company (not KBS) will actually produce the DVD
- 3 dvds with 360 minutes of footage, photo book composed of 100 pages and 4 postcards
- International orders to be placed from http://www.ktown4u.com/iteminfo?grp_no=107955&goods_no=23823 (official platform that recognizes the 1000 copies minimum requirement)
- No subtitles of any type

@nani-lyfe @mathi I wished they would release this dvd with the drama too! But the chances are real slim cuz as you've already know the rights to the drama have been sold to about a dozen Asian countries. The next best bet for a subbed version of this drama is from either Taiwan or Singapore as he has quite the popularity in these countries, but sadly it's very likely to be in chinese. Also, LINE TV Taiwan actually had the exclusive rights in Taiwan to simultaneously air the drama as in Korea, so the hopes for a release of it from Taiwan is slim too :( Let's put our hopes on his movie!

And here's another translation from Baidu Sojisubar. This interview is from Korea TV PIYA 2013 Spring Issue. The interview focused on his involvement with the TV drama Phantom. Again, translation done by 移动的荷尔蒙 @ Baidu Sojisubar (http://tieba.baidu.com/p/4298757766) and my translation is based on her Chinese translation.

(Sadly, there's no photos associated with the interview... but it's about Phantom, so here goes)

288qng9.jpg

Q: How does it feel to be finished with "Phantom"?
A: It feels like I've just climbed a mountain. Even though I said "filming wasn't as bad as I thought" at the release press conference! The producer and crew have never experienced this genre before, there's no reference. Not only me, but I think everyone had trouble getting through with it.  Besides, the plot of the story is not driven by the main's love life, but is driven by the development of the incidents of the story. It's all very difficult to explain. A lot of people were worried the theme of this story is too narrow for the TV audiences, or they might think there's too little romance that will hurt the ratings.  But at the end, we got much more support than what we expected, feeling very thankful.

Q: You chose a very difficult production to star in. What aspect drew you in for this production?
A: It's my very first time to act as an elite police. That's the reason I took on the role hahaha. First of all, this show is based on cybercrime and it's very new to me. I think this matches what is happening around the world. At the same time, I have good faith in Producer Kim Hyung Shik who I've worked with in Cain and Abel (2009 SBS drama). I think Producer Kim is capable of filming a complicated subject into easily comprehensible TV show.

Q: Have you ever starred in an elite role?
A: I have, but a long time ago and I forgot how I managed it the first time. This time, my role is a professional who's cold at heart too. It was harder than I thought.  It's quite different from myself, so it made feel like I was wearing the wrong choice of clothes.  I was wearing suits most of the time and I find it painful.  It feels like I was strapped and tied down and with the tie, it made breathing hard.  I guess I'm more fitted to do roles that would be squatting down on the side of the streets. (Laughs).

Q: Your role is the team leader of the cyber investigation unit. How did you manage to figure this character out?
A: I am always prepared for action movies.  (Laughs). As for computers... I'm proficient at turning it on and off. (The whole set started laughing hysterically). The hardest part for this drama is memorizing the script. Not only are there technical terms that are not comprehensible, but the amount of script is huge. For the technical terms, we have real cyber investigation personnels and hackers on the side to help us in filming. So far in my acting career, this production is the most which I have the most bloopers. It's not only me, but other actors as well and the producer was taken by surprise. The difficulty of the script is there.

Q: There are many artists that use social network services like Twitter and Facebook, how about you?
A: I think there are pros and cons for them.  I don't use it. I think a lot of people are using them and if you choose to use them, use them wisely.

Q: Do you read the news or reviews about you?
A: I will read the news, but for reviews, I only skim through the first couple lines and won't read the content. But, the worst if there's no reviews at all.  Compared to having no reactions from the public, I hope for a couple reviews here and there.

Q: Do you get upset if you get a negative review?
A: I'm human too, so I do feel it. But now, even if I get a negative review, I don't feel hurt and won't mind it.  Instead, I think it's meaningful. I think after the audiences watched this drama, they won't be giving it a negative review.

Q: There's a huge surprise right at the beginning of the show.
A: Hahaha. Yes, the main character died in the second episode, that's unheard of! I know the main storyline, but after watching the editor's video, I was blown away too and find it to be very different from others. For those that started to follow in the midst of the show, they often ask "Dead? How come?” Another thing that blew me away is Woo-hyun is actually a dad. It's actually the first time for me to act as a dad. I don't know how it is to be one in real life, but as the filming progresses, things turned for the better and there were many surprises along the way.  To me, this has to be one of the first dramas to have so many twists.

Q: Is it your first time to play two roles?
A: It's actually three roles.  The main character Woo-hyun, Gi-Young who was played by Daniel Choi and the fake Woo-hyun portrayed by Gi-Young.  I was really confused because I need to interpret these three roles, especially at the beginning where I had to play as Gi-Young.  My plan was to observe Daniel's acting, but the more I imitate him, my own pace was messed up instead.  Although feeling unfitting and a sense of regret, I chose to use my own way to interpret the role and it is to use the feeling I get between Woo-hyn and Gi-Young's relationship.

Q: Do you see any similarities in yourself from Woo-hyun and Gi-Young?
A: Not at all. Both Woo-hyun and Gi-Young clearly know their position and it is to be in the lead of the crowd. But in reality, I'm not a professional and I don't like suits (laughs). I'm the type that is the back, quietly guarding. If I have to point out one similarity among the characters and myself, it is that we are very serious about work.

Q: Have you ever thought of being another person?
A: Not a man. I would like to see how it is to be a woman. Sometimes, i want to see how you live as a woman.

Q: I get the same vibe every time from your recent interviews. It seems you are more cheerful after your military discharge and you say more words now. Is there a turning point?
A: My personality is the same as before, it hasn't changed.  Perhaps, what changed is how I react to the people and things around me. Luckily, after being the main actor, I was able to see things that I've never seen before. During filming, if the main actor decides to stay quiet and doesn't speak or puts on a long face, then the tone of the set will be very unpleasant. During that moment when I realize this, I couldn't sit easily. Afterwards, even though it's not really myself, I would try to speak more in the set, to change the tone. Once I started, I got used to it over time.  This way everyone is more at ease. Because this isn't part of my personalities, I find it hard, but because I did it, the tone of the set changed. From now on, I will try to smile and laugh more on set and speak more.

Q: Through this show, did your views on cybercrime changed?
A: There are many committed crimes in the cyber world. The cyber investigation personnel that was aiding us in filming showed me how hackers worked.  I saw it with my own eyes and it's very simple. One opens up an email from the hacker and viola, the hacker now has control over the computer. After seeing that, I didn't even know it was the works of a hacker. The more I know, the more frightening it is.

Q: There isn't much of a love storyline between you and co-star Lee Yeon-hee. Does it feel like you're missing out?
A: First of all, I feel sorry for Yeon-hee when she has to play her role against me, who's so much older than her! And, as you've already mentioned, compared to Yeon-hee, the love storyline I have with the computers is much stronger hahaha. This isn't a romance drama to begin with, so you might see much more of the computers than the actors.  Next time, I want to be a role where I am in love with another person. I almost want to be a bright, cheerful role where's there no burden on his shoulders.

Q: You and Kwak Do-won were nominated for the 2012 SBS Awards as Best Character Pairing. You guys seem to really hit it off.
A: We actually worked together in Company Man, but in the movie we were rivals so we were not that close. Usually I try to keep my distance with the antagonist of my role. It’s because if I become too close with that person, it’s hard to act out the opposition between us. Of course, acting skills can be used to cover up the closeness between us. Having a long history of filming TV dramas, I’m able to grasp the skill of disguising instantly, but I’m not too fond of using my skills to hide the truth. That’s why if my role requires me to be in that kind of situation, I will purposely keep my distance. Fortunately, Kwak Do-Won has the same set of thinking as me. (During the filming of Company Man), we kept our distances. In Phantom, we finally came close to each other.

Q: It’s the first time for Kwak Do-won to film a TV drama. I heard you were great help to him?
A: Do-won is an actor with superb acting skills, I didn’t help him much. I only offered him advice for allocating his physical strength to meet the demands of TV drama filming. Most seniors tend to pitch with their full strength for acting, but your physical strength can merely withstand the demand for TV drama. Sure enough, Do-won was like that too and he was out within a couple hours on the first day of filming. He was already drained out when he had to film his own part. At that time, I offered him advice about his physical strength.

Q: Including Phantom, your recent roles all give all the same vibe. Is there a reason?
A: It’s not on purpose. Compared to a role that sits down, I rather use my body. Since I’m an introvert and is reticent, I get drawn to roles that are quiet and lonely because these are roles that are very similar to my real self. Don’t say that I’ve been handed a role, but rather say I’m taking a part of me to blend in with that role. So, if it’s a role that is unlike me, it won’t work out. There’s so much of me and that’s the reason why I can take a part out and act with it. There are times where I’m hollow and can’t spare a part. That’s when I want to run away.

Q: How does it feel to work with idol singers in two consecutive productions?
A: In Phantom, I worked with G.O from MBLAQ and in Company Man I worked with Kim Dong-jun of ZE:A. They are both very manly and is full of energy. Cute as well. Normally, I have better relationships with the seniors and has no clue how to interact with the younger ones.  But now, I find myself in the situation where I will be texting these two. Well, these two are very busy and when I finally get a hold of them they are not in town.

Q: As a singer, would you continue on with hip hop?
A: I do hip hop because I like it.  Although I’m not good at it, but I will continue with it.  At the same time, this is a surprise that I prepare for my fans. It’s to show my fans a different side of So Ji Sub. A lot of people would say “So Ji Sub is very dark and quiet, but he’s actually not.” Some might think hip hop is not fitting, but I want people to see a different side of me. This is also my ambition of challenging new things.

Q: I would like to see you in a romantic comedy. Do you have any plans for that?
A: I’ve been doing very serious roles, I want to be in roles where I can let go of the burden. When I was a newbie, I did roles that are more relaxed and cheerful. I’ve been in comedies, as show hosts and have been guests on many entertaining programs. Due to the popularity of my dark role in What Happened in Bali (2004 SBS) and Misa (2004 KBS), my bright cheerful image has been forgotten. I’m looking forward to the day where I can be in a cheerful role.

• Like 7